FA-Youth Cup: Our boys vs Chelsea

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Van Velzen could've had a touch and missed a sitter.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Once he learns some composure, that Van Velzen is going to be well handy.

KM

Naughty Naughty comes on :lol:

Beachryan

Not sure why, but we're taking off Barmby with 1.5 mins left. Odd.

Beachryan

Hrm, very odd play from United there. 1 minute left, and the fuss about with the ball on the halfway line, refused to get it forward.

1-2 to that Chelsea team isn't a bad result at all, given the relative experience and age of the teams.

sajeev

apart from the first 20 min, a good performance from the team. Unlucky to give away the second goal, but it was a really good strike from Feruz

KM

Pearson, Deahli and Van Velzen(Despite the miss) had good games. Barmby and Blackett have usually set high standards for themselves in this season, not so great today. Rudge was our weak link.

lysglimt

Scout
Decent performance - but it's pretty much like it's been all season. Mistakes in defense and we don't score enough goals from good chances.

We generally have a lot to work on in defense but the overall play from the side wasn't bad at all.

But Dæhli and Barmby both were fairly poor by their standards - and then we will struggle because they are by far our most creative players

KM

I know I'm saying it again and again. But we were missing three first team regulars in Love, Rothwell and Januzaj and 8 of our players were first year scholars. Not much was expected of them(even Fergie said so) and yet they've played very well.

lysglimt

Scout
apart from the first 20 min, a good performance from the team. Unlucky to give away the second goal, but it was a really good strike from Feruz
I would call it inexperience. McCullough should have pulled him down as he wasn't the last man and taken the yellow card. If that had been Vidic - he would torn his shirt off :)

Drifter

American
Impressed with Barmby , Pearson ,Daehli ,Blackett , Wilson , Van Velzen and for renties Feruz.

lysglimt

Scout
I know I'm saying it again and again. But we were missing three first team regulars in Love, Rothwell and Januzaj and 8 of our players were first year scholars. Not much was expected of them(even Fergie said so) and yet they've played very well.
Actually 4 - Lawrence is the player I miss most of all.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Unlucky to lose that I thought

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
He's played as much up front for us as he has on the wings.

I missed this. A few words on individual performances, people?

JB7

Thought they did very well in fairness, for a Year 1 team they have a hell of a run this season and after the way they played for an hour or so tonight they clearly are still in the tie.

Think they can be very proud of themselves for their FAYC run thus far.

Will Absolute

He's played as much up front for us as he has on the wings.

I missed this. A few words on individual performances, people?
Defence - occasional errors and some sloppy distribution from the back.

Midfield - Daehli: class first half , less influential in the second; caught on the ball in the dying minutes which could have cost us. Rudge: quiet. Pearson: tigerish, spent most of the game sliding along the turf winning the ball.

Elsewhere - Van Veltzen: some good runs. Barmby: played it simple and direct, effective. Wilson: did nothing; except score our goal; great run down the wing late in the game.