FA Youth Cup

datura

Yeah, but I watched the reserves more last season, so haven't seen much of Pogba, and Keane only for a game or two.

Of course names like Fornasier and Pogba are well known to me, since their transfers made more noise than the Brits'. Has Pogba justified the ***ping directed at him? Who is van Velzen? Who are your three "favourites" in the line-up? (I expect Pogba and Will Keane to be two of them, heard lots of good things about both of them, and they look promising from the little I've seen.)
Pogba is the real deal, tall, strong, good pass/shot off either foot and fantastic feet. Always has time on the ball.

Van Velzen is a dutch youth international left winger we signed from Ajax last year. He's still settling down so haven't seen the best of him yet.

I'd have Pogba, Tunnicliffe and Thorpe as my personal top 3.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Datura, how is this Larnell Cole fella? I've found him impressive in the first 30 mins or so but it maybe just that he's having a good game. He isn't usually mentioned in the youth forums so I'm guessing he isn't an outstanding prospect.

Pogba already looks a class above IMO. The Keane brothers look intelligent footballers.

datura

Datura, how is this Larnell Cole fella? I've found him impressive in the first 30 mins or so but it maybe just that he's having a good game. He isn't usually mentioned in the youth forums so I'm guessing he isn't an outstanding prospect.

Pogba already looks a class above IMO. The Keane brothers look intelligent footballers.
I think Cole is quite well regarded in the forums it's just there are other players who are maybe a bit more high profile. He's not really a winger, he prefers to play centre mid but has the pace and skill to cover wide.

Laphroaig

Uh, I was saying I've already decided Cole's the next big thing. The name needs to be resurrected after Cashley, Joe and Carlton giving it a, eh, bad name.

twitter thread suggester
Uh, I was saying I've already decided Cole's the next big thing. The name needs to be resurrected after Cashley, Joe and Carlton giving it a, eh, bad name.
I'm not getting excited about another fast skilful midget after Brandy has failed to live up to my high expectations.

Laphroaig

It was Larnell Cole.

For those not watching, Cole turned on the ball, flicked it up and volleyed it and it bounced in front of the keeper who couldn't field in and Will Keane nodded it in.
I might add: The shot itself wasn't any good, the keeper made a real mess of it. Solskjær-like pouncing by Keane, though.

cj_sparky

Both him and Lingard have looked good this season when they struggled a bit physically last year (despite showing obvious talent).
Is Cole taller? He looks bigger than when I last see him play...

Marky the Oz

I know it's only youth level, but very impressed every time I've seen Thorpe play. His distribution from the back tonight, even under pressure has been top notch.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
I know it's only youth level, but very impressed every time I've seen Thorpe play. His distribution from the back tonight, even under pressure has been top notch.
Agreed. I've been impressed with him, he's really come on the last year or so.

datura

Agreed.

It was Thorpe we got from Charlton, right? Or was that McGinty, I get confused.
It was McGinty. Thorpe is a local lad.

His main strength is his reading of the game, he anticipates a lot of the play and gets a lot of interceptions and, as people have said, has the composure to play it out and start the attacks.

AVARiCE

It was McGinty. Thorpe is a local lad.

His main strength is his reading of the game, he anticipates a lot of the play and gets a lot of interceptions and, as people have said, has the composure to play it out and start the attacks.
Cheers lads.

This West Ham lot aren't half dirty. Their entire defensive gameplan appears to be two-handed shoves.