Fabinho | Al-Ittihad player

Chief123

He was genuinely the best cdm in the world along with Kante just a couple of years ago. He has fallen off a cliff and into a deep black hole. Just hasn’t stopped falling.

Blood Mage

Another one of those unfortunate players who has experienced an early decline, like Sanchez and Hazard. Complete shadow of the player he was already and not even 30.

SAFMUTD

It's impressive how much he has fallen just a couple of years ago he was world-class only 29 and seems totally finished.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
One of the worst cameos I’ve seen is Brad Smith for Liverpool like a decade or more ago against Chelsea. But he was young and thrown in against a world class team.. Fabinho vs Brighton is now the worst. Everything he did was wrong, he didn’t look like a footballer

Pughnichi

can’t say I’ve seen much/if any full Liverpool games this season…they’d do well to try him at rb surely? He has played previously and done well. Gives him time out of midfield and removes TAA who is similarly struggling.

mav_9me

can’t say I’ve seen much/if any full Liverpool games this season…they’d do well to try him at rb surely? He has played previously and done well. Gives him time out of midfield and removes TAA who is similarly struggling.
He is struggling so bad, I wouldn't play him anywhere

Blood Mage

Similar age as well when Matic started declining. It's a tough position that at the top level
Which is why we need to go all out to win the league next season as Casemiro won't be playing at his current level for much longer.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Thought he was 33/34 for some reason. Only 29.

He can still be a good player if they put legs around him.
What will Fabinho offer if there are work horses around him? He isnt a passing machine, so don't think Liverpool will gain anything.

BarryWinks

Looking at that highlight, he plays like he's drunk :lol:

Those last minute lunges are from a player who realizes he can't get the ball without actually fouling for it. I'm convinced he's at least 35.

Jezpeza

Just another one of Liverpools purple patch players - they had the likes of Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Salah, Firmino, Robertson, Allison all in amazing purple patches at the same time. None of them are or ever were long term world class players. It was nauseating to hear the non stop scrotum licking of Salah in particular over the last couple of years as if he was the best player in the world. Liverpool will be able to compete next season if they can negotiate the small matter of signing about 6 starters though

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Just another one of Liverpools purple patch players - they had the likes of Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Salah, Firmino, Robertson, Allison all in amazing purple patches at the same time. None of them are or ever were long term world class players. It was nauseating to hear the non stop scrotum licking of Salah in particular over the last couple of years as if he was the best player in the world. Liverpool will be able to compete next season if they can negotiate the small matter of signing about 6 starters though
Alisson is clearly a world class keeper. He’s even looked good this season.

Salah had a high output for a long time. Not best in the world but he fits the world class bracket for his consistency imo. He isn’t anymore though.

Wijnaldum and Firmino are both system players who suited Klopp’s system. Both were very important to how Klopp set us up between 2018 and 2020 when the team peaked, but neither were anywhere near world class. We still haven’t replaced Wijnaldum and his importance to how we played is understated.

Fabinho was one of the best holding midfielders around in 18/19 and 19/20. Even last season he was up there. Probably not world class?

I guess it really comes down to what your definition of world class is. For me Alisson, Van Dijk and Salah have all qualified within that bracket during their time at Liverpool. TAA and Robertson are debatable. Their attacking output is fairly incredible for full backs and both were mainstays in very good defences for a while. I’d understand if you don’t put either of them in that bracket though.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I’m baffled at what happened to him. He’s just gone on holidays…

BarryWinks

I genuinely think his may be a case of age falsification. Looks like he's aged 10 years since two seasons ago.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's not a footballer these days. He plays like he's 45

Litch

Like the rest of the team, father time has caught up with lots of those players.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Fabinho's game was built on physicality. Yes, his reading of the game was very good. However, he got around the pitch as part of the Liverpool press. That was his strength. Injuries, tiredness, it's done for him. Like a lot of that Liverpool midfield, he doesn't have the stamina for heavy metal football.

Djemba-Djemba

He might be the best I've ever seen at fouling all game, over and over and not getting sent off.

Other than that skill, he's fecking terrible.

SAFMUTD

He's absolutely awful. What a fall from grace he used to be great and now he's a total liability. Great too see, hopefully he has a still a long contract.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Getting bullied and outpaced by 37 year old Modric late on. It’s hard to understand what has happened to him when he isn’t even 30