Fabinho | Al-Ittihad player

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
The agents won't work on deals while the players themselves are with their NT and they will surely not call them to ask them about their opinion on getting this transfer done or how much will they want from the new teams while they're playing with their national team. No player will play in WC while his future is getting distracted on the other side. When had you seen a transfer getting done and sealed with a player already playing at the same time of the World Cup ? Only the players who aren't playing in it will be those you can target.

Why are we assuming that our needs = the needs of other clubs so all should work on the same time ? A club like City for example can sign nobody the whole summer and it won't be a problem.

Because it'll be only about 3 weeks before closing the window ? How many players will be able to sign in this period even if we did it as fast as possible, while all the other clubs will enter the market at the same time ? It'll be very congested period at this time and if we didn't get our deals already sealed off, we'll be in a problem.

As I said, we're currently in May so most will believe there's still loads of time so no need to panic, but at one point time will start to run out quickly. If Ed didn't calculate it from now and before the World Cup, we'll have a hell of a job to do in the last 2 weeks before the season starts.
I think you and @Son Of Sam both need to lay down.

el3mel

I think you and @Son Of Sam both need to lay down.
I'm only talking about the time we'll finish our transfers in. I'm pretty sure we'll get some good players, but the problem is 1) if we'll get them all at the proper time and 2) if we'll get all we need before the window.

If we finish at least 1 good transfer before WC, I won't have much problem, so let's see.

Zoo

I get the Liverpool hate - I have a massive soft spot for Forest too so I have extra reason to hate them - but christ is everyone OTT on here.
Well it may stem from him mouthing off about us signing Pogba, saying that this is not football and that he was going to do things differently. Then they went and paid a world record fee for Van Dijk. Of course he wasn’t questioned about those comments because there is a massive love-in with him in the media.

automaticflare

I'm only talking about the time we'll finish our transfers in. I'm pretty sure we'll get some good players, but the problem is 1) if we'll get them all at the proper time and 2) if we'll get all we need before the window.

If we finish at least 1 good transfer before WC, I won't have much problem, so let's see.
Who cares when it is as long as it is before window closing and start of season ffs

deafepl

Chill out, Sandro, Bale and Taslica are not involved in the world cup, we will sign at least one of them. we had reached an agreement with Ukraine teams for Fred, but he'll have medical soon to finalize agreement contract.

Ban

Well it may stem from him mouthing off about us signing Pogba, saying that this is not football and that he was going to do things differently. Then they went and paid a world record fee for Van Dijk. Of course he wasn’t questioned about those comments because there is a massive love-in with him in the media.
Now he's preparing a record bid for Alisson.

The BlackGaijin

Is he better than Matic ? No....? So I would advice everyone to keep their pants on even the undercover Scousers and Klopp fan boys here. We have other areas to cover.
With that defense and goal keeping situation they will scrapping for top four again.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Forget the media. There is a massive love in on a United forum by United fans for a Liverpool manager that has won 3 trophies in 17 years and has not won a damn thing with Liverpool!

He's not a new and exciting manager like Poch, he's a known quantity and serial loser of cup finals.

Trizy

feck. Good signing that.

With Keita also coming and possibly Romas keeper they'll be a force to reckon with next season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Liverpool's last champions league final definitely changed their fortunes. 1 league cup in 11 years.
Look I get you like to just hate on them (we all do) but there is something in reasonably looking at things and thinking things through before just repeating nonsense?

They won the CL in 05, reached a final in 07, has a very strong team in 07/08 and got far in the CL again, then in 08/09 ran us pretty close to the title. Then they collapsed when Fergie toyed with Benitez. But that's obvious progression. Being in the CL final itself is a big sign of progression. If you cant see that, you're lying to yourself. We would all have loved to be there. Of course when you're there, you want to win, but in my eyes, if we finish top 4 next season, play more attacking football and reach a CL final (and by no way did they fluke their way there like Chelsea in 2012), I'd be delighted with us next year. I dont give a feck about winning a league cup. Yeah, it brings a good winning mentality. A lot of good that did us with that pitiful performance against Sevilla and Chelsea though :lol:
Point is, a lot of cups dont mean much. The champions league is the pinnacle though. Even getting to the final is an achievement in itself these days for any team that isnt Barca, Madrid or Bayern. Every other team is a massive underdog, no matter who they sign.

All this talk about "they must win trophies". Why? What if they dont but finish 2nd 3rd or 4th and maybe make the semis of the CL? I'd say that solidifies them a lot more as a top European club then winning the decking league cup. It's all about progression, both on the pitch and in main tournaments. 2nd, 3rd or 4th... it really doesnt matter these days if all are close and all are far from top spot. It's the equivalent of a 12 year old dick measuring contest of who is longer when they're flaccid. That's why I dont care that we finished on 81 points or were 2nd this season. It was a shit season. We were embarrassed in the Champions league and played awful football on a weekly basis. Then, in the FA cup final, we lose to an absolutely trash Chelsea side and really barely looked like scoring bar on maybe the one Rashford chance. So yeah. I'm all for ripping on liverpool, we all hate them, but dont worry, it doesnt make you less of a United fan to begrudgingly acknowledge when someone is doing something right.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Look I get you like to just hate on them (we all do) but there is something in reasonably looking at things and thinking things through before just repeating nonsense?
They won the CL in 05, reached a final in 07, has a very strong team in 07/08 and got far in the CL again, then in 08/09 ran us pretty close to the title. Then they collapsed when Fergie toyed with Benitez. But that's obvious progression. Being in the CL final itself is a big sign of progression. If you cant see that, you're lying to yourself. We would all have loved to be there. Of course when you're there, you want to win, but in my eyes, if we finish top 4 next season, play more attacking football and reach a CL final (and by no way did they fluke their way there like Chelsea in 2012), I'd be delighted with us next year. I dont give a feck about winning a league cup. Yeah, it brings a good winning mentality. A lot of good that did us with that pitiful performance against Sevilla and Chelsea though :lol:
Point is, a lot of cups dont mean much. The champions league is the pinnacle though. Even getting to the final is an achievement in itself these days for any team that isnt Barca, Madrid or Bayern. Every other team is a massive underdog, no matter who they sign.

All this talk about "they must win trophies". Why? What if they dont but finish 2nd 3rd or 4th and maybe make the semis of the CL? I'd say that solidifies them a lot more as a top European club then winning the decking league cup. It's all about progression, both on the pitch and in main tournaments. 2nd, 3rd or 4th... it really doesnt matter these days if all are close and all are far from top spot. It's the equivalent of a 12 year old dick measuring contest of who is longer when they're flaccid. That's why I dont care that we finished on 81 points or were 2nd this season. It was a shit season. We were embarrassed in the Champions league and played awful football on a weekly basis. Then, in the FA cup final, we lose to an absolutely trash Chelsea side and really barely looked like scoring bar on maybe the one Rashford chance. So yeah. I'm all for ripping on liverpool, we all hate them, but dont worry, it doesnt make you less of a United fan to begrudgingly acknowledge when someone is doing something right.
:boring:

Thank god you are nowhere near the club. We would be Liverpool-ified in an instant. Liverpool can have their moral trophies and I'll take the real ones.

Morpheus 7

Good quick early signing, more focused on what we will do this Summer and before WC. Everybody will strengthen, it just depends on we do and how many come in.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Imagine if Liverpool goes from Henderson-Milner-Wijnaldum to Fabinho-Keita-Fekir in one transfer window.

That is some midfield upgrade.

el3mel

He is in the UK soon, maybe he will get to Old Trafford then. What difference does it make when it is announced?
If the transfer got sealed off and done completely now I won't have any problem. I just hope Ed is calculating what he'll do in this transfer window and when he'll finish his deals that's all.

Dion

Imagine if Liverpool goes from Henderson-Milner-Wijnaldum to Fabinho-Keita-Fekir in one transfer window.

Fekir isn't a midfield 3 type player. He'll go into one of the front 3 positions.

bosnian_red

:boring:

Thank god you are nowhere near the club. We would be Liverpool-ified in an instant. Liverpool can have their moral trophies and I'll take the real ones.
Yeah like we won so many trophies this season playing our pragmatic/negative/whatever you want to call the mess we saw for our on pitch performances. Or thank God we finished 6th in the league last season but won the Europa League (a competition we are better off not being in anyway, though that was due to the mess of previous managers). Or the super prestigious league cup (remember in Uniteds normal days where nobody really cares about it but it was a nice cup to win, but didnt really matter?). Yeah, FA cup can still be classified as somewhat big, but very much 3rd priority (as we saw when LvG won it but got sacked hours later). Too bad we couldn't even salvage this season by winning that.

The dream is always winning trophies playing exciting attacking football. Common sense. Then if you arent playing exciting football, then you at least need trophies. If you dont win trophies, then you at least need exciting football and encouraging performances. When you have neither, and average at best results... well then that's when it's a problem. And that's why this season has been shite for us.

Harold_Giles

A midfield trio that has 0 PL games between them. Could mean some early troubles.
Good on paper though, granted.

bosnian_red

Things take longer when you buy players good enough to be called up to the Brazil squad.
I get the point but probably not the best one to use as a United fan since we know all too well how the likes of Carrick and Scholes got ignored...

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The agents won't work on deals while the players themselves are with their NT and they will surely not call them to ask them about their opinion on getting this transfer done or how much will they want from the new teams while they're playing with their national team. No player will play in WC while his future is getting distracted on the other side. When had you seen a transfer getting done and sealed with a player already playing at the same time of the World Cup ? Only the players who aren't playing in it will be those you can target.

Why are we assuming that our needs = the needs of other clubs so all should work on the same time ? A club like City for example can sign nobody the whole summer and it won't be a problem.

Because it'll be only about 3 weeks before closing the window ? How many players will be able to sign in this period even if we did it as fast as possible, while all the other clubs will enter the market at the same time ? It'll be very congested period at this time and if we didn't get our deals already sealed off, we'll be in a problem.

As I said, we're currently in May so most will believe there's still loads of time so no need to panic, but at one point time will start to run out quickly. If Ed didn't calculate it from now and before the World Cup, we'll have a hell of a job to do in the last 2 weeks before the season starts.
Why won't they? Of course theyll work on them. This idea that the world of football stops when the WC is on is nonsense. All the work is done by the agent, not the player. They aren't called every 5 minutes to be asked their opinion. That's why the players hire agents and pay them handsomely. Both parties will have terms in mind prior to negotiations even starting. There will be an ideal target and an acceptable one, and it's the agents job to get the best possible deal. The player has minimal involvement in this process.

It doesn't. But when 75% of the league have signed the grand total of 0 players, there might be more to it than them all being in a distinctly better position than the team that finished 2nd.

Can't be that bloody hard. The window has been open for a week and a half and Brighton have signed 4. You have this notion that everyone is sitting twiddling their thumbs waiting for the WC final to end. That's really not the case.

haram

I get the point but probably not the best one to use as a United fan since we know all too well how the likes of Carrick and Scholes got ignored...
Yeah, dont compare Fabinho to Carrick and Scholes.

Art Vandelay

Is he better than Matic ? No....? So I would advice everyone to keep their pants on even the undercover Scousers and Klopp fan boys here. We have other areas to cover.
With that defense and goal keeping situation they will scrapping for top four again.
Exactly, when he was being talked about as a potential target for us it always seemed to be as a back up for Matic/rotation option at rightback. Not all that bothered by this.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
You lot are a funny bunch. :lol:

I haven’t seen him play a great deal but it’s encouraging that you all think he’s an upgrade on Can.

Anything that gets Henderson out of the number 6 role is fine by me.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Yeah, dont compare Fabinho to Carrick and Scholes.
What can you expect from a United fan talking about how great Liverpool were after their CL final loss in 07?

Obsessive need to be 'fair and objective'. Like Gary Neville commentating United games.

el3mel

Why won't they? Of course theyll work on them. This idea that the world of football stops when the WC is on is nonsense. All the work is done by the agent, not the player. They aren't called every 5 minutes to be asked their opinion. That's why the players hire agents and pay them handsomely. Both parties will have terms in mind prior to negotiations even starting. There will be an ideal target and and an acceptable one, and it's the agents job to get the best possible deal.

It doesn't. But when 75% of the league have signed the grand total of 0 players, there might be more to it than them all being in a distinctly better position than the team that finished 2nd.

Can't be that bloody hard. The window has been open for a week and a half and Brighton have signed 4. You have this notion that everyone is sitting twiddling their thumbs waiting for the WC final to end. That's really not the case.
Not all the negotiations are about the price paid. There're negotiations about the contract extent and the weekly salary and how the player will be paid. The agent won't do this on his own, he'll need to know what his player wants to negotiate with the selling club about it. Of course no national team will allow one of their players to get distracted by such a thing while they're having important matches in World Cup. Again I don't remember a deal involving a player playing in World Cup getting done during it. Yes any negotiations will stop till the player finish the tournament with his team.

And if we succeeded in getting our targets earlier than the rest, won't this put us at a much better and favorable position than them coming next season ?

Devil may care

I haven't read the 9 pages, are people really melting down? He's a good buy for Liverpool for sure but Mourinho loves Matic so he'd have never came here to play as a back-up, which for now is all he'd likely be used as under our current manager.