Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I don't think United need him. We have Timothy Foshu Mensah/ Varela/ Valencia to play as RB even if we decide to sell Darmian
We definitely need a new right back. Darmian just isn't very good, I like Valencia but to start him week in and week out would be a huge mistake. He's a squad player. TFM can play at right back but I would prefer to see him get chances in the midfield and Varela is meh imo.

beingshe7don

I feel that we need to be spending money in midfield first than on a RB at the moment.

Long Ball

We definitely need a new right back. Darmian just isn't very good, I like Valencia but to start him week in and week out would be a huge mistake. He's a squad player. TFM can play at right back but I would prefer to see him get chances in the midfield and Varela is meh imo.
I wouldn't write off Darmian just yet. His form was good at the start of the season before Van Gaal sank his teeth in. Evra didn't have the best half a season when he joined in January.

However I'm not sure if Jose will take a liking to Matteo. Valencia seems more his type with work rate and physicality

Fahad Jawaid

Actually when you think of it, we could have a great summer within 100 Million all fill all the positions we need badly.

ST Zlatan --- Free
RW Mikitargyrian --- (25 million)
CB Bailey --- 25- 30 million
DM Kante --- 20 milion
RB Fabinho --- 15 to 20 Million

In fact we could sign another Rw like Ounas or Embolo within the 100 Million market and maybe, just maybe go big for another CM signing. Although i am actually fine with our midfield options.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We're definitely a bit weak at RB. We could really do with someone comfortable enough on the ball to carry us forwards down the right, somewhat like what Rafael could do when in form, or Shaw when fit.

Suv666

Why do ppl always bring up Varela? The lad is far from good enough
Agreed. He's good going foward but shocking defending and he isnt that young anymore. Varela should be loaned out he's talented but atleast 2-3 years of experience away from being Man Utd quality.
TFM is obviously a brilliant footballer but I reckon he's better suited to midfield.
Darmian isnt simply good enough. His crossing his atrocious and is pretty much useless going foward.
A RB is definitely needed I think its our most problematic area after RW.

Riz

Actually when you think of it, we could have a great summer within 100 Million all fill all the positions we need badly.

ST Zlatan --- Free
RW Mikitargyrian --- (25 million)
CB Bailey --- 25- 30 million
DM Kante --- 20 milion
RB Fabinho --- 15 to 20 Million

In fact we could sign another Rw like Ounas or Embolo within the 100 Million market and maybe, just maybe go big for another CM signing. Although i am actually fine with our midfield options.
Alright I know prices tend to get bumped up when United get involved but come on mate that's a bit far.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Don't know much about him but it has all the signs that he would take time to adapt to the game here, so I'd rather already be a year along in the process with Darmian than start all over again.

Viggers

Unrelated but I had never heard of this guy until I signed him on PES last week and he is a beast so....

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I like what I've seen from Fabinho. Just seems to be so balanced in attack and defence, probably edges it in attack but he isn't like a Dani Alves who is brilliant offensively, but gets roasted when he's defending.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
What signs?
Just from the little I do know of him. Coming from the French league, being Brazilian etc, it just doesn't look like it would work in my opinion. I could be very wrong but it doesn't fill me with confidence.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Fabinho is a good rigourous & strong RB: a defence-minded player. The last Brazilian RB who played for Monaco was... Maicon coming at the age of 21 from the Brazilian league!

Just from the little I do know of him. Coming from the French league, being Brazilian etc, it just doesn't look like it would work in my opinion. I could be very wrong but it doesn't fill me with confidence.
:lol:

buckooo1978

You are possibly being a bit assumptive there friendo!

No need to talk about how our previous fullback (Patrice) from the French league did and generally Brazilians travel well!

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
:houllier:

Not many times I get to roll out the Houllier smiley but this post deserves one.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
A RB is not a top priority but Fabinho would be an excellent target:

- Young: 22 years
- Superb stats for a defender: 6 goals + 3 assists in 34 games...
- Physically robust & reliable: I wouldn't say the same for Rafael (Lyon)
- Rigorous
- Versatile
- On the French market, Aurier & him are the 2 best RB

I am more excited by Fabinho than Ounas.

:houllier:

Not many times I get to roll out the Houllier smiley but this post deserves one.
Yeah, if we follow the same logic, what happens?

- Romario (PSV Einghoven): Brazilian, Dutch league. Not Interesting!
- Ronaldinho (PSG): Brazilian, French league. Not interesting!

Geordopolous

I wouldn't write off Darmian just yet. His form was good at the start of the season before Van Gaal sank his teeth in. Evra didn't have the best half a season when he joined in January.

However I'm not sure if Jose will take a liking to Matteo. Valencia seems more his type with work rate and physicality
Oh cmon I like Darmian too but van gaals influence on a RB is minimal. I think our system didn't suit him but lvg isn't to blame

Womp

idiot
A RB is not a top priority but Fabinho would be an excellent target:

- Young: 22 years
- Superb stats for a defender: 6 goals + 3 assists in 34 games...
- Physically robust & reliable: I wouldn't say the same for Rafael (Lyon)
- Rigorous
- Versatile
- On the French market, Aurier & him are the 2 best RB

I am more excited by Fabinho than Ounas.

Yeah, if we follow the same logic, what happens?

- Romario (PSV Einghoven): Brazilian, Dutch league. Not Interesting!
- Ronaldinho (PSG): Brazilian, French league. Not interesting!
:( Rafa isn't doing too hot in France? Miss him, he was so full of passion and he really looked to be turning into a top player under SAF in his later years. Don't know where it went wrong for him tbh.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
:( Rafa isn't doing too hot in France? Miss him, he was so full of passion and he really looked to be turning into a top player under SAF in his later years. Don't know where it went wrong for him tbh.
How about injuries?

kode

He is great with AS Monaco, He has been great for them the last three seasons. He can equally play very well as fullback and DM. He looks also build for the Premier League (strong, quick) and is fine skill wise. Mourinho did really use well his 6 month as the targets seems to be really great additions as compare to what we have. Now over to Woodward to close the deals. My worry is how to get rid of the like of Felaini, Mata , Darmian Young.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
After a difficult start with injuries, relatively good end of season.

Jallet has renewed his contract & Lyon seems to want Sidibé (Lille). So Rafael may leave the club. Nothing is done.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Rafael will stay in Lyon, they wanted Sidibé for LB but Sidibé wants a club where he will feature on his natural foot and is too expensive.

ti vu

Maicon played for Monaco before move to Inter then became the best right back in the world for a short period!

Being able to play as defensive midfielder would be useful with Carrick is on his last leg and Schneiderlin is simple a break up play midfielder than a tactical discipline holding defensive midfielder. Great penalty taker would do us good since our penalty takers have been inconsistent. Would fancy him to be used as CB too due to his height, but not impressed by his aerial ability.

Just find out Mendez is his agent!

Last edited:

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Don't know enouh about Fabinho.

I like the look of Vrsajlko tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.