Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

The sad truth is he'd offer more than Lingard and Rashford off the right. Amad likewise. So would Shoretire actually.
The sad truth is he can’t play for a relegation side in Spain. Don’t know why you think he’d be useful for us.

OmarUnited4ever

Hopefully by summer, a better plan is put in place, where he can get an appropriate loan that will get him good amount of playing time, he is a RW, has potential, but needs the right development, he is 21 by the Dec this year, so hopefully by the time he is 23, we can see if he can be good enough for United.

Trequarista10

Id love to see where it was actually stated- I seriously doubt it.
To call it a 'guarantee' is a bit of a stretch from my understanding, but its documented that our loan deals in recent years have conditions in them where the fee is higher the less they play.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Is it possible he’s staying there for dual nationality? I’m simply going by FM terms of loans :lol:

OmarUnited4ever

Is it possible he’s staying there for dual nationality? I’m simply going by FM terms of loans :lol:
He needs to play in La Liga for 5 years to be eligible for Spanish citizenship.

but since Brexit, what is the impact of Non-EU players on English teams playing in Europeans club competitions?

Like, how many we can have playing for us in a UCL game?

as of now, we have Telles, Fred & Bailly, (Amad and Pellistri) on our books as Non-EU, is there a limit? assuming next season Amad Pellistri are in the squad?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He needs to play in La Liga for 5 years to be eligible for Spanish citizenship.

but since Brexit, what is the impact of Non-EU players on English teams playing in Europeans club competitions?

Like, how many we can have playing for us in a UCL game?

as of now, we have Telles, Fred & Bailly, (Amad and Pellistri) on our books as Non-EU, is there a limit? assuming next season Amad Pellistri are in the squad?
As a Latin American he only has to wait 2 years to apply for Spanish citizenship.

It would make no sense why he’d be desperate for it though as he’s already a citizen through his family. Amad is also Italian.

There is no rule on non-EU players in PL or CL.

flameinthesun

His signing for some reason reminds me of Zoran Tosic.

The funny thing is, I reckon there is a very good player in Pellestri. His performances for Uruguay and in pre season show it. Could be a very late bloomer. Whether we have the patience to keep him around as well as the know how to develop him is a different thing.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
You said he’d offer more than our current players. How else can it mean something else.
That's not what you said I said:

Don’t know why you think he’d be useful for us.
The sad truth is he'd offer more than Lingard and Rashford off the right. Amad likewise. So would Shoretire actually.
He'd certainly be less useless on the right than Rashford and Lingard on current form. Easily.
Which doesn't mean he'd "useful" or good enough for us.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I simply don't believe we couldn't have got him a better loan for the 2nd half of the season. I feel like Alaves could have every midfielder injured and they'd still play a random RB ahead of him. Shit on a stick club.

Mainoldo

He'd certainly be less useless on the right than Rashford and Lingard on current form. Easily.
Well yes it does because them Guys get minutes so your are saying he’s be more useful meaning he’d get a lot of minutes. So I don’t get your point. He could not play 60 minutes against Norwich let along Spurs. So how could he be useful :lol:

Stop back tracking.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage

So you point out his potential "Use" but take issue with someone saying you said he would be "Use"ful, seems legit.

SATA

Looks like Alaves aren’t impressed with him. I know they don’t have an obligation to nurture a player that is not theirs, but if they think he’s good and can help them win games, surely they’ll play him often?

TwoSheds

Looks like Alaves aren’t impressed with him. I know they don’t have an obligation to nurture a player that is not theirs, but if they think he’s good and can help them win games, surely they’ll play him often?
They play shite defensive football. He doesn't suit their style in the slightest even though he works hard defensively as well. They've a bunch of massive, tough lumps who can't play ball to save their lives for the most part.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
So you point out his potential "Use" but take issue with someone saying you said he would be "Use"ful, seems legit.
Preferable to Rashford or Lingard isn't the same as being useful.

Now, playing Bruno/Sancho on the right or playing a different formation would be useful. See how the best options don't actually include using Pellistri?

OmarUnited4ever

As a Latin American he only has to wait 2 years to apply for Spanish citizenship.

It would make no sense why he’d be desperate for it though as he’s already a citizen through his family. Amad is also Italian.

There is no rule on non-EU players in PL or CL.
Thanks for the info, I didn't know Amad is Italian, so we basically have Bailly, Fred & Telles.

and yes, you are right, there are no Non-EU rule, as long as the team meets the quota of 8 home grown players

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I simply don't believe we couldn't have got him a better loan for the 2nd half of the season. I feel like Alaves could have every midfielder injured and they'd still play a random RB ahead of him. Shit on a stick club.
Should the club implement more sales of younger players with options to buy-back? It's worked for Madrid in the past. Chelsea might potentially have one with Livramento.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It would be nice to have some of this lot available though, and give them opportunities to show which of you is right.
It would be nice if they can earn opportunities at their loan clubs first before entertaining a spot at Manchester United.

TwoSheds

Should the club implement more sales of younger players with options to buy-back? It's worked for Madrid in the past. Chelsea might potentially have one with Livramento.
No, we should just have not been lazy and brought him back and sorted out another loan at a more appropriate club.

TwoSheds

It would be nice if they can earn opportunities at their loan clubs first before entertaining a spot at Manchester United.
But it doesn't reflect his ability, it reflects that he's not a suitable player for Alaves. Think Giuseppe Rossi at Newcastle, basically the same situation except that Newcastle didn't have any other strikers so Rossi had to play much more frequently.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No, we should just have not been lazy and brought him back and sorted out another loan at a more appropriate club.
Such as who? Loans are always difficult because at the end of the day the player is not yours and you have no obligation to use him.

On paper, Amad to Rangers looked perfect - Hagi is out for the entire season and Rangers had no recognised right wingers. Amad played the first two games and one poor half vs Celtic has seen him not start again since. It’s so tricky.

TwoSheds

Such as who? Loans are always difficult because at the end of the day the player is not yours and you have no obligation to use him.

On paper, Amad to Rangers looked perfect - Hagi is out for the entire season and Rangers had no recognised right wingers. Amad played the first two games and one poor half vs Celtic has seen him not start again since. It’s so tricky.
I have no issue with the Rangers loan for Amad. He needs to work hard, toughen up and take his chances if he wants to get in the team and stay there. That's great experience in itself.

For Pellistri there is literally no hope of him getting in the team unless he gets 10 mins off the bench and somehow bags a hat trick. Literally any club who wants to give Pellistri a fair chance and play half decent football would be a better choice than where he is. Championship, Dutch league, Spanish division 2, Portuguese league, French league, wherever. Pure laziness and/or incompetence to leave him where he is as far as I can see.

United in sin

I have no issue with the Rangers loan for Amad. He needs to work hard, toughen up and take his chances if he wants to get in the team and stay there. That's great experience in itself.

For Pellistri there is literally no hope of him getting in the team unless he gets 10 mins off the bench and somehow bags a hat trick. Literally any club who wants to give Pellistri a fair chance and play half decent football would be a better choice than where he is. Championship, Dutch league, Spanish division 2, Portuguese league, French league, wherever. Pure laziness and/or incompetence to leave him where he is as far as I can see.
I agree, the club has been very neglectful towards this kid. He might not be good enough but surely he should be tried somewhere else

Gandalf

Id love to see where it was actually stated- I seriously doubt it.
I already told you and pointed you towards an article that explains in more detail. If you don't want to do any research of your own then I really can't help you. For reference this is one of the relevant quotes

After one start in the opening seven games, in which Alavés won once, things are falling into place: Pellistri started wins against Cádiz, Elche and Levante as they went five unbeaten and climbed out the relegation zone. It may not be enough to keep him there. “There’s a clause where if I don’t play a certain number of minutes, they can take me back [unilaterally], and mathematically I can’t reach that even if I play every minute until January,” he says.

Revaulx

Well yes, but if the club is loaning players to clubs that aren’t interested in making proper use of them (for whatever reason) that’s not going to happen.

The whole concept of loaning young players to get them game time seems very dicey and uncertain to me. Wouldn’t it be easier for clubs to just beef up the domestic U23 league to make it genuinely competitive? Maybe not as glamorous, but a lot simpler and easier to control.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Well yes, but if the club is loaning players to clubs that aren’t interested in making proper use of them (for whatever reason) that’s not going to happen.

The whole concept of loaning young players to get them game time seems very dicey and uncertain to me. Wouldn’t it be easier for clubs to just beef up the domestic U23 league to make it genuinely competitive? Maybe not as glamorous, but a lot simpler and easier to control.
Beef up the standards of u23s to equal La Liga, Championship etc.? How on Earth would that be simple and easy?

Matriac

Wasn't it reported that we had a number of other clubs interested in him both at the start of the season and in January? And that we would have preferred him to be somewhere else as last season wasn't ideal either. But it was Pellistri himself who strongly advocated for being able to stay at Alaves for another season, so the club was persuaded by the players own wishes?

(And he and a number of other young prospects were signed in quick succession back before the new Brexit rules came into play, where it would be harder at least for some time to sign players without them being more established.)

Revaulx

Beef up the standards of u23s to equal La Liga, Championship etc.? How on Earth would that be simple and easy?
Pellestri getting two minutes every alternate leap year with the worst side in the league is hardly getting him the full-on La Liga experience in any case. Ditto quite a few other players on loan by the sound of it.

I know this is getting ridiculously OT, but as far as I can see the whole mechanism for giving young players at PL clubs game time seems both cumbersome and ineffective.

lex talionis

I'd like to see Facundo given a proper loan next season, perhaps to a club like Fulham or Bournemouth. These clubs will scrape the bottom of the PL table when they return but at least they'll face PL opposition and give the boy a platform to take the next step professionally.

Based Adnan

Watching him vs Peru and have to say I'm a fan of his. Nice to see him get the nod in a must win game for Uruguay as well. Rare bit of good business from the club getting a 20 year old now Uruguayan international for £8M (poor loan aside).

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Watching him vs Peru and have to say I'm a fan of his. Nice to see him get the nod in a must win game for Uruguay as well. Rare bit of good business from the club getting a 20 year old now Uruguayan international for £8M (poor loan aside).
This is his third cap, all three have been must-wins. Cafites bang on about whether he is any good, how many loans he needs to come good... what he is displaying is the sort of character we sorely lack and that shit doesn't get coached into you.

Tough game, hopefully it will open up now at 1-0 and he will get more joy in the second half.

luke511

Yep, it's a shame seeing so many people write him and Diallo off in the RW options thread. They're both big talents that deserve an opportunity next season to show whether they have what it takes, before we shed out even more money on a winger.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Yep, it's a shame seeing so many people write him and Diallo off in the RW options thread. They're both big talents that deserve an opportunity next season to show whether they have what it takes, before we shed out even more money on a winger.
Some fans on this website.

He stupidly insisted to go to bottom-of-La Liga club (granted United even more stupidly agreed) and spent a year there starting only 21% of the games, with 23% game time participation overall. Translation: he's been warming the bench 4/5 of the time at a shitty club in La Liga. And you think he's going to suddenly start scoring left and right for Man United, in EPL?

For feck's sake! Have some reality check, mate.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Pellestri getting two minutes every alternate leap year with the worst side in the league is hardly getting him the full-on La Liga experience in any case. Ditto quite a few other players on loan by the sound of it.

I know this is getting ridiculously OT, but as far as I can see the whole mechanism for giving young players at PL clubs game time seems both cumbersome and ineffective.
100% United's management of young talent is abysmal. They are not promoted to first team properly, they are loaned in disastrous ways. I bet we would have to buy less from outside if we were not fecking this up so badly

Status
Not open for further replies.