Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revaulx

Exactly. It was his choice to return to Spain.

Poor decision.
Definitely a poor decision, but probably not helped by the casual attitude around management of the whole footballing side of the club under Woodward.

Presumably stuff like this will come under the control of the new DDoF? Let’s hope players get better guidance in the future.

In any case, the players are under contract with United. I’m all for letting them have a say in where they go on loan, but surely the club should be able to veto obviously poor options?

Anyway, I think he looks promising from the little I’ve seen. A Dan James with talent on the ball.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Definitely a poor decision, but probably not helped by the casual attitude around management of the whole footballing side of the club under Woodward.

Presumably stuff like this will come under the control of the new DDoF? Let’s hope players get better guidance in the future.

In any case, the players are under contract with United. I’m all for letting them have a say in where they go on loan, but surely the club should be able to veto obviously poor options?

Anyway, I think he looks promising from the little I’ve seen. A Dan James with talent on the ball.
Under the right system he would prosper. I mean to be a regular player (5 appearances this year) for Uruguay at 20 isn't to be sniff at.

Revaulx

Under the right system he would prosper. I mean to be a regular player (5 appearances this year) for Uruguay at 20 isn't to be sniff at.
Indeed. If the coming season is really going to be one of experimentation and dropping poor performers, I reckon he’d get a goodly number of chances with us. If not let’s hope he gets a loan that’s actually useful and properly monitored.

For a bonus, he’s a big hit with the ladies :drool:

mono-math

It is a problem these days. Unless you're in the first team by 18-22 you are washed up and not good enough.

Bit mad to think that 'young' players like Scholes only got into the side at 22 himself. People should be more patient.
Agree with the sentiment, but Scholes broke through as a 20 year old, playing 17 games, scoring 5 goals. He made his England debut at 22.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Indeed. If the coming season is really going to be one of experimentation and dropping poor performers, I reckon he’d get a goodly number of chances with us. If not let’s hope he gets a loan that’s actually useful and properly monitored.

For a bonus, he’s a big hit with the ladies :drool:
Is he? Must be that's retro-70s haircut? ;)

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
If him and/or amad are to be given a chance this season then they need an actual right back behind them. Baffles me that we’re not actively linked to one and the majority of fans want another right winger, if the one we signed last summer struggles to play there without proper support then what chance do these young lads have.

Marwood

Agree with the sentiment, but Scholes broke through as a 20 year old, playing 17 games, scoring 5 goals. He made his England debut at 22.
It is a bit crazy how much we expect from extremely young players.

Scholes was 20 when he first broke into the team but he was more 22 before he became a week in week out starter really.

Then you consider this was one of the greatest British players of all time

I think part of this is because of how much they now cost at a young age. In terms of fees and salary.

Someone like Amad would have been peanuts 25 years ago. He'd have come in as a 17 year old and not spoken of for about three years.

Now because of the money involved there are big expectations right away.

OleGunnar20

Would love to see him given a shot this year as part of the winger rotation. I feel Amad would benefit more from another season on loan, but this guy I think give him a shot to stake a claim ala Elanga last year.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Genuinely don't see the issue having him and Amad fight it out for the RW or even rotate, because they are different type of players. In pre-season one of them should be able to show what they can do and Pellestri may have the edge due to his work rate.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Genuinely don't see the issue having him and Amad fight it out for the RW or even rotate, because they are different type of players. In pre-season one of them should be able to show what they can do and Pellestri may have the edge due to his work rate.
Only issue I see with this is Elanga will likely be the starter so no chance of enough minutes to spare for the other 2

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Only issue I see with this is Elanga will likely be the starter so no chance of enough minutes to spare for the other 2
If people want us to sign a RW, there are enough minutes for one of them. I think the likelihood is one will go out on loan, but them rotating would be more minutes than they both got in their respective loans!

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Other than the fact that he has been regularly picked this season I can’t see what points to Elanga being a likely starter. Like, what does he offer to the team that justifies being a first choice player? I might be proven completely wrong but I just don’t see it with him, not even nearly. It would t surprise me if he’s playing in the championship in 5 years.

P-Nut

Other than the fact that he has been regularly picked this season I can’t see what points to Elanga being a likely starter. Like, what does he offer to the team that justifies being a first choice player? I might be proven completely wrong but I just don’t see it with him, not even nearly. It would t surprise me if he’s playing in the championship in 5 years.
Just credit in the bank, he'll be trusted more to begin with than 2 kids that have been on loan and hardly had a kick for us. Not saying I can't see that changing, but it's unlikely we'd start the season with say Amad as 1st choice and Pellistri as the rotation option

Sea-Cow

My thoughts exactly. And surely he should be forced to earn his minutes in pre-season etc, just like everyone else in the squad apart from maybe Ronaldo. If I were the new manager rocking up to pre-season training I would tell Amad and Pellistri that the attacking roles are up for grabs and to go out and earn it. If Sancho or Rashford or Elanga shows up thinking they're guaranteed one of the spots then they should be quickly corrected, maybe by a swift kick in the pants.

P-Nut

My thoughts exactly. And surely he should be forced to earn his minutes in pre-season etc, just like everyone else in the squad apart from maybe Ronaldo. If I were the new manager rocking up to pre-season training I would tell Amad and Pellistri that the attacking roles are up for grabs and to go out and earn it. If Sancho or Rashford or Elanga shows up thinking they're guaranteed one of the spots then they should be quickly corrected, maybe by a swift kick in the pants.
Elanga doesn't strike as the sort of person that would be like that though. If anything his problem is his talent, not the hard work

Sea-Cow

Elanga doesn't strike as the sort of person that would be like that though. If anything his problem is his talent, not the hard work
Yeah I agree. So hopefully its one of those good problems, to paraphrase Stringer Bell* Ideally having a group of young talented attackers around they will all push themselves to the best of their ability knowing there is someone waiting to take their spot if quality falls off.

*possibly not said by Stringer. I am too lazy to look it up

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Yeah I agree. So hopefully its one of those good problems, to paraphrase Stringer Bell* Ideally having a group of young talented attackers around they will all push themselves to the best of their ability knowing there is someone waiting to take their spot if quality falls off.

*possibly not said by Stringer. I am too lazy to look it up
Marlo Stanfield.

foolsgold

I don't see what Elanga offers at all, was perplexed when Ralf brought him into the team. Pellistri and the rest should be given their chance pre-season.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Looks like young Superman.

Anyhow, would love to see him and Amad getting plenty of time in Europa and the cups. Expect this to be run like a meritocracy, so the youngsters can all play themselves into the first XI.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I don't see what Elanga offers at all, was perplexed when Ralf brought him into the team. Pellistri and the rest should be given their chance pre-season.
It’s weird, it makes me think that maybe there is something I just don’t know enough about professional football to see, that ends up with one player being started for 20 games and the other two sent out on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.