Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Wow. Facundo has got much bigger/bulked up since he went on loan!
Yeah he looks bigger now, hopefully he will get chances in preseason-. Looks like Uruguayan NT rates him highly, without even getting chances at worst club in La Liga, he is getting picked.

AndySmith1990

We blame the club and the mess we're in for players not performing here, but even when we send players out on loan they very rarely impress. I don't understand how these supposedly talented young players barely make any impact at clubs far below our level. Are our scouts really that bad?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
We blame the club and the mess we're in for players not performing here, but even when we send players out on loan they very rarely impress. I don't understand how these supposedly talented young players barely make any impact at clubs far below our level. Are our scouts really that bad?
Seems fine for Uruguay, was just a bad loan to a club he shouldnt be loaned to in the first place.

Idxomer

He was stupid not to accept the loan to Belgium, it worked nicely for Caicedo and it would've benefited him a lot.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Yeah he looks bigger now, hopefully he will get chances in preseason-. Looks like Uruguayan NT rates him highly, without even getting chances at worst club in La Liga, he is getting picked.
Shit luck in his 2nd stint there. Multiple change of managers and didn't they still go down?
Dams the breks

Ekeke

He’s extremely raw but there’s talent in there. Him not getting any game time for one of the worst teams in la liga is a total mystery to me. He works his bollocks off and can do something out of nothing.
They obviously didnt trust him to have end product. He has technique and speed dribbling but whether he makes it at a good club will come down to how well he finds a final ball or shoots and the numbers he puts out, not just how elegant he looks when he goes for a dribble.

jesperjaap

As some have said, he looks raw but a real talent. I like the fact he is very direct and likes to run at players.

I cant fathom how we kept him on his loan for so long at a club facigng relegation and with him not getting opportunities. SHould have taken him back and loaned him to a different club as wouldnt think he has benefited much from it.

Although maybe none are the answer, in terms of priorities for this seasons transfers, I feel right wing is lower down. There is the elephant in the room with Greenwood that offers us a winger and a striker, but forgetting him as we should we still have Martial, Rashford, SAncho, Garnacho, Hannibal, Chong, Elanga, Amad, Pellestri and even Pereirra all as possibilities for two wide spots, thats ten options.

Of course you would expect and hope at leat a couple of those options are sold and outside of Rashford and SAncho, all the other options are young and unproven and maybe not ready, but surely from such a group there are a couple that can take there chances.

I do think without signings there are big potential opportunities for Amad and Pellestri in particular this season. Neither has grabbed them on loan but both have done ok for there countries this season. I think there is more benefit in keeping both this season than loaning and its a case of grab your opportunities this season to show you are good enough or we may look elsewhere

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Weird timing for that given his game last night. In general I guess you are right though.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Being talented isn't enough, what kind of role is someone like Pellistri going to have when he doesn't fit with the immediate needs of the club he was loaned to? If Pellistri had a permanent contract with Alaves, they would have treated him differently simply because it would have been in their interest to develop him and eventually make a lot of money out of his contract.

When I look at the amount we paid for Pellistri and the promises that he has shown, whoever spotted him did a good job but that's only a part of the job, it's supposed to be followed by years of development and nurturing.

izec

In theory, he should be someone ETH can work with. Ajax buys some of these type of talented South Americans and develop them. I have some hopes for him and Amad as well

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
In theory, he should be someone ETH can work with. Ajax buys some of these type of talented South Americans and develop them. I have some hopes for him and Amad as well
I think so!

I never really understood why he didn’t get a chance here. Even in his small pre season cameos and reserve matches he showed plenty of ability and hard work.

I’d like to think his national team performances are closer to his real ability. If we can aim to get that out of him regularly he could be a handy option for us.

Swedish_Plumber

Looks like he works his bollocks off. Something that just seems inherent in Uruguayan players. Also seems to have the talent to improve and could possibly be an asset for us this season.

A few passes going astray in that video but I liked what I saw. Always hard to fully buy into a highlights reel though. He was good last pre season but so is Pereira every year!

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Looks like a mini-Kanchelskis bombing down the right there. Surely we can make use of that.

Trex

I think so!

I never really understood why he didn’t get a chance here. Even in his small pre season cameos and reserve matches he showed plenty of ability and hard work.

I’d like to think his national team performances are closer to his real ability. If we can aim to get that out of him regularly he could be a handy option for us.
Because all Ole cares about from his front four is the goal or final pass. Clearly Amad and Pellistri were scouted by the club and Ole never Knew how to integrate them since his football lack the structure to get the best out of this type of players, same applies to Sancho.

dinostar77

Agreed. Utd do really need to develop players like Amad and Pellestri. The only way you can know of a young player is good enough is to throw him in the first team and give him a run of games. Some will thrive others will fail. Would love to see amad and pellestri both given proper chances in first team this year.

GazTheLegend

Unbelievable to me that this guy is starting for Uruguay and smashing S.A. teams but couldn't get a game for a now second division Spanish side.

GreatDane

Unbelievable to me that this guy is starting for Uruguay and smashing S.A. teams but couldn't get a game for a now second division Spanish side.
I agree. I hope him and Amad are given a chance by Ten Hag and seizes it.

LoneStar

Agreed. Utd do really need to develop players like Amad and Pellestri. The only way you can know of a young player is good enough is to throw him in the first team and give him a run of games. Some will thrive others will fail. Would love to see amad and pellestri both given proper chances in first team this year.
We might end up doing exactly that since we are a bit lacking in attack, and might have to compromise signing any attacker in favor of midfield and defence. If we do that, I hope we give these guys a proper go at it.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
May be time to show why we invested 7m on Pellistri and 19m + 18m adds on on Amad.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Because these teams, Mexico isn’t South American, aren’t much good.

Richie Laryea has smashed Mexico, shall we get him in?

The opposition LBs have included a Venezuelan league player who was supported by a lazy LW who failed in MLS. Then a guy who can’t get a game for a relegated Ligue 1 side and another who can’t get a game for a La Liga side only a point from relegation.

Drizzle

Still very sceptical about this guy but he does have a bit of pluck to him and a nice way of moving with the ball. Surely a better loan would be ideal. Relying on him as prime RW backup is extremely risky. He looks like he'd be swallowed up by Premier league defenders at this point.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Because these teams, Mexico isn’t South American, aren’t much good.

Richie Laryea has smashed Mexico, shall we get him in?

The opposition LBs have included a Venezuelan league player who was supported by a lazy LW who failed in MLS. Then a guy who can’t get a game for a relegated Ligue 1 side and another who can’t get a game for a La Liga side only a point from relegation.
I never understand why people mix club form with international form. It should never ever be done imo.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
What a bunch of negative bellends you lot are.

Kid is raw and needs to improve the consistency of his end product. Was the case two years ago when we signed him, still the case. What's questionable isn't him, his quality, or our scouting but development planning and coaching at the club. That's where I expect ETH to shine here... or show we are in for more of the same shite.

What we do know is he has talent, burst of speed, close control, tactical discipline, workrate and spunk. He gets put in high pressure must-win situations and he doesn't hide from the ball. He wants it, he takes it and he tries do something with it.

It doesn't matter if you rate the Venezuela, Paraguay, Peru or Mexico leftbacks because it has nothing to do with their quality. You either have that sort of bravery and confidence or you don't. That doesn't get coached into you and it's a necessary ingredient if you want to be a proper Manchester United player.

Sea-Cow

He doesn't look to be a potential world beater or anything, but no one can convince me he would do worse than what we threw out on the right wing last year.

pascell

Kid is raw and needs to improve the consistency of his end product. Was the case two years ago when we signed him, still the case. What's questionable isn't him, his quality, or our scouting but development planning and coaching at the club. That's where I expect ETH to shine here... or show we are in for more of the same shite.

What we do know is he has talent, burst of speed, close control, tactical discipline, workrate and spunk. He gets put in high pressure must-win situations and he doesn't hide from the ball. He wants it, he takes it and he tries do something with it.

It doesn't matter if you rate the Venezuela, Paraguay, Peru or Mexico leftbacks because it has nothing to do with their quality. You either have that sort of bravery and confidence or you don't. That doesn't get coached into you and it's a necessary ingredient if you want to be a proper Manchester United player.
Always say the best metric to judge a player is his testosterone levels.

Caesar2290

I think him and Amad are one of the reasons why we haven't been strongly linked with a RW this window. Think about it, we've been linked with CBs(where we are supposedly stacked) and yet aside from Antony I don't recall any strong links to RW this window.

I think ETH will give both him and Amad a chance to impress him. They both fit the type of player he wants: a hardworking, aggressive pressing machine with an eye for goal.

I will not be surprised if both players are going to be part of our squad come the beginning of the season.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Would love to see Facundo and Amad rotating out on the right next season. Our general expectations have been tempered somewhat so why not?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Would love to see Facundo and Amad rotating out on the right next season. Our general expectations have been tempered somewhat so why not?
Not sure about that come September. We are trapped in the scouser groundhog day of boom-bust cycles.

I agree though. We've just wasted an entire season in which the likes of Pellistri, Diallo, Garner and others wouldn't have done much worse... but at least we would have something to show for it and start moving in the right direction.

As it is, we got nowhere while confirming limited players were limited, old ones were old, injury-prone ones were always injured and that a few bound to leave the club actually did. Yay!

roseguy64

Yep agreed. It's clear he's got the talent. He just hasn't gotten a good chance to develop on it. He only turned 20 in December so still has plenty of time yet. I wouldn't be opposed to us trusting Sancho, Elanga, Rashford, Pellistri, Hannibal and Amad as our wide players next season with Ronaldo and the new striker in the middle.

Jibbs

Honestly, I think there is a quality player there. His close control reminds me of someone…

Reminds me of young Mata to me. Both him and Amad could turn into cracking players if nurtured properly. I seriously wish they do.

Mainoldo

I bet a 1k with anyone this kid don’t make it here. I’m confused with how so many of you can’t spot shite when you see it.

He’s never good enough for our level.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Feels like a mixture of Nani and Park.

The close control and tight dribbles is just like Nani and always looking for the simple ball to an open player like Park.

We have to give him some playing time to see what he can do especially when we have feck all options on the right.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I have a feeling Ten Hag is going to love him, talented player with all the ight qualities, just needs experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.