Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke511

Some fans on this website.

He stupidly insisted to go to bottom-of-La Liga club (granted United even more stupidly agreed) and spent a year there starting only 21% of the games, with 23% game time participation overall. Translation: he's been warming the bench 4/5 of the time at a shitty club in La Liga. And you think he's going to suddenly start scoring left and right for Man United, in EPL?

For feck's sake! Have some reality check, mate.
He's looked a great talent every time I've watched him, I don't give a feck about his loan he hasn't been given a chance, he's starting for Uruguay and playing really well. Given that half the team needs rebuilding, right wing shouldn't be a priority when we have two very good talents waiting for their opportunity, along with Elanga and Sancho as options. If they don't step up next season THEN we go for a right winger, we've spent the last 2 summers and over £100 million trying to fill that position, so I'm not the one that needs a reality check mate.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
He stupidly insisted to go to bottom-of-La Liga club (granted United even more stupidly agreed) and spent a year there starting only 21% of the games, with 23% game time participation overall. Translation: he's been warming the bench 4/5 of the time at a shitty club in La Liga. And you think he's going to suddenly start scoring left and right for Man United, in EPL?

For feck's sake! Have some reality check, mate.
All he said was they deserve a chance.

We‘ve spent a small fortune on “proven” players for a few seasons and how’s that gone?

Maybe we should at least try some of our youth/prospects and see? If it THEN fails, we can THEN look at other options.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Yeah, we get a nice report from someone who says they have watched him play well in an international and people leap in to say everything is shite.

How about waiting until something new happens that actually is shite before all the negative bollocks?

Last edited:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Picked up another yellow so will miss last game against Chile. Not that it matters, he has a World Cup to look forward to :drool:

Leonzo1

3 starts in a row for Uruguay's in the WC Qualifications. His abysmal loan aside he looks like a great talent. Our forward line looks awful so he should definitely get a chance in preseason to show he belongs with us next season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Looks good both on and off the ball. Wonder if we'll consider him for next season as a rotation option.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
All he said was they deserve a chance.

We‘ve spent a small fortune on “proven” players for a few seasons and how’s that gone?

Maybe we should at least try some of our youth/prospects and see? If it THEN fails, we can THEN look at other options.
What is this - Crapshoot United? "Rashford doesn't work, give my pet cat a chance, she is cute".

No, you cannot go from being a bench-warmer at Alaves, to "given chances" in EPL by United. It doesn't matter if he played nicely in one game, against Peru, in national team. National team games and club games are completely different ordeals.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I have no issue with the Rangers loan for Amad. He needs to work hard, toughen up and take his chances if he wants to get in the team and stay there. That's great experience in itself.

For Pellistri there is literally no hope of him getting in the team unless he gets 10 mins off the bench and somehow bags a hat trick. Literally any club who wants to give Pellistri a fair chance and play half decent football would be a better choice than where he is. Championship, Dutch league, Spanish division 2, Portuguese league, French league, wherever. Pure laziness and/or incompetence to leave him where he is as far as I can see.
How do we know Pellistri doesn’t need to toughen up, work hard and take his chances? How do we know Amad isn’t working hard?

So sick of reading these lazy stereotypes.

Roboc7

He had a decent game but him and Amad are both a long way off being ready to play regularly for Utd. That’s why their loans are so disappointing because they need the playing time.

The next manager needs to buy a RW ASAP because we don’t have one, hopefully one of these two comes good and adds more depth there in a year or two.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
There's a player in there for sure but he looked slowmotion and they bullied him off the ball pretty easy pretty much everytime. Will he even be able to manage EPL?
The Uruguayans on twitter seem to very happy with him. From what I read they say he's a nightmare for defenders due to his high intensity both in and out of possession.

He hasn't played much and will be rusty but it's good to hear he's playing well even if he probably isn't match sharp. I think we'll get a good idea about his suitability for the league when preseason starts and hopefully one of ten Hag or Enrique run the rule over him.

Mercurial

The Uruguayans on twitter seem to very happy with him. From what I read they say he's a nightmare for defenders due to his high intensity both in and out of possession.

He hasn't played much and will be rusty but it's good to hear he's playing well even if he probably isn't match sharp. I think we'll get a good idea about his suitability for the league when preseason starts and hopefully one of ten Hag or Enrique run the rule over him.
He has a very unique style from the on and off occasions I saw him play and has that relentless streak to him going forward defying his stature and physique, with glue like quality so to speak on the ball. He really need to be tested in a technical team with better teammates and a structure behind it all. Ten Hag would probably get a tune out of him as you say. To be fair to him he was left isolated a lot and dead ended, but he did go forward.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He has a very unique style from the on and off occasions I saw him play and has that relentless streak to him going forward defying his stature and physique, with glue like quality so to speak on the ball. He really need to be tested in a technical team with better teammates and a structure behind it all. Ten Hag would probably get a tune out of him as you say. To be fair to him he was left isolated a lot and dead ended, but he did go forward.
I agree, he has a strong technical game with a work ethic that is annoying to opposing defenders. Will probably require a loan next season at a team with a attacking intent and hopefully he can earn a place in the team.

Leonzo1

I agree, he has a strong technical game with a work ethic that is annoying to opposing defenders. Will probably require a loan next season at a team with a attacking intent and hopefully he can earn a place in the team.

What crowded wings do we have exactly? :lol: we desperately need attacking additions to the squad. Dude is living 6 months ago. We are one injury to Sancho away from being completely fecked.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
How do we know Pellistri doesn’t need to toughen up, work hard and take his chances? How do we know Amad isn’t working hard?

So sick of reading these lazy stereotypes.
Because Pellistri isn't getting chances whereas Amad is... Pellistri had also already been at the club for well over a year with limited success whereas Amad is on his first loan and has been there 2-3 months...That and Alaves play utter dogshit football whereas Rangers are only a tiny bit dogshit...

But no problem, you go off on a tangent now.

Donut

His style reminds me of Ji-Sung Park - limited in attack, but hard working so could be useful. Or maybe it's just the hair.

Revaulx

100% United's management of young talent is abysmal. They are not promoted to first team properly, they are loaned in disastrous ways. I bet we would have to buy less from outside if we were not fecking this up so badly
Yup. Relying on the players’ talent and character to see whether they sink or swim seems a very risk way of telling whether they’re any good or not; a hell of a lot is going to be down to the support they’re getting at their loan club.

Fletch is supposed to be the one responsible for transitioning young talent into the first team squad and the loan system is a key part of this. I’d have thought he should have a flying squad of inspectors who regularly visit loan players to find out how they’re doing from both their and the loan club’s point of view. If they aren’t getting games, the reason needs to be established; Big Time Charlie tendencies need to be eradicated early on.

Maybe this happens anyway. We certainly don’t seem to be short of the resources, and this is the sort of stuff that a techie fixer like Murtough should find easy to deal with.

fergieisold

100% United's management of young talent is abysmal. They are not promoted to first team properly, they are loaned in disastrous ways. I bet we would have to buy less from outside if we were not fecking this up so badly
Agh yes, the club that has more players at a top level that came through its academy than any other club. Poor management!

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
We had a bit of an Ole November with three straight defeats and were facing flunking out of the World Cup.

Changed manager, he brought around some changes and after three wins on the trot are now through with no need for playoffs.

The kid has delivered exactly what was required of him, under immense pressure, while not getting any minutes with that shithouse relegation team.

He can improve on end product, we already knew that, but ultimately it's the underlying quality, resilience and commitment that stand out. Kid's got spunk.
He has a very unique style from the on and off occasions I saw him play and has that relentless streak to him going forward defying his stature and physique, with glue like quality so to speak on the ball...

To be fair to him he was left isolated a lot and dead ended, but he did go forward.
That's precisely the reason he got called up. New manager randomly calls up Pellistri in January, to everyone's surprise. His explanation?

"We are a bit static and predictable going forward. We also invite pressure and get choked out of possession. [Sounds familiar?] We need an outlet that can relieve pressure and shake things up running at defences and breaking lines. It's not fixed with a pacy striker and hopeful balls, we need a disciplined midfield performer who will "desdoblar" (unfold, sort of "switch in transition") in defence and attack offering that option. Out of the entire pool of players, Pellistri has the characteristics to do that. It's unfortunate he isn't playing, but he is the best fit for the role I have in mind"

Everyone thought, "yeah, yeah, rubbish, there's no way he is playing him, just throwing curveballs at the presser".

Then the kid starts, delivers exactly that, the entire team plays better and you can clearly see previous ills eradicated by the tactical use of a fitting resource.

No wonder people are delighted with him and the new manager.

What is this - Crapshoot United? "Rashford doesn't work, give my pet cat a chance, she is cute".

No, you cannot go from being a bench-warmer at Alaves, to "given chances" in EPL by United. It doesn't matter if he played nicely in one game, against Peru, in national team. National team games and club games are completely different ordeals.
He played nicely three games on the trot and Marca have actually been pointing out how ridiculous it is that Alavés doesn't give him minutes.

You are right though that internationals and club football are different.

Everyone raves about Darwin Nuñez, he got started in the same three games against these "shitty Venezuelas, Paraguays and Perus" and he's been pish. Totally average. Gets the start because we can no longer start Suarez-Cavani together, but there's 4-5 other forwards I can think of who would likely deliver more.

Does it mean Nuñez is crap? Nah, it means he doesn't shape the game like putty (so will never be top top tier) and needs the right structure and service to deliver as he does at Benfica.

But it doesn't make what Pellistri has delivered in these three games any less remarkable.

-Supreme-

His tenacity, close control /dribbling ability with his low central gravity and pace are unique skillsets to our current squad, will be interesting to see how he fares in the preseason but most probably will be sent on another loan, hopefully to the championship this time.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I think the new manager will be given a chance to assess him.

But this loan has been concerning hasn't it.

And I'm not sure how much stock we should put into his NT performances.

A lot of these opponents are like League One/Two level - have a look at that Peru team and what clubs they play for.

It's the same with Fred looking class for Brazil in qualifiers. But he's playing against players who play in Colombian, Peruvian leagues - ofcourse he looks good for Brazil!

Gandalf

He definitely needs a loan next season, he has been mostly on the bench at Alaves and for us he would only be a squad option right now and so his minutes would be limited again. He needs a full season as a starter somewhere. The most important thing is that the club finds the loan for him and unlike with the Alaves debacle we don't let the kid talk us into sending him somewhere he won't play. It is mostly our fault for not recalling him when we had the chance but I do think the player should have been beating down the door in January to get out of Alaves and hopefully moved somewhere he would play and it is not a good look for him that he seems so content to waste his time.

romufc

If preseason performances are worth anything, Peirara would be our best player :lol:
I mean after pre season performances Perreira did get his chance, he just showed he isnt capable, for number of years actually.

So the poster is correct, if he does well in pre season, he will get a chance.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Again...

All he said was he deserves a chance. If you want to twist that into posters saying he should play in the first team week in, week out and we think he'll "bang goals in left and right", that's on you.

Maybe try and see other posters opinions. Or try an earlier bedtime

luke511

Harry Kane went from a bench warmer for Norwich and Leicester in the Championship to breaking through for Tottenham the following season. I'm not saying Pellestri will have anywhere near the same impact, but it shows that just because they weren't given a proper starting chance during a loan, doesn't mean they can't be become a squad member in the prem the following season. He works hard off the ball, tracks back and is a very nippy dribbler, he could be an asset along with Amad and next season is the perfect opportunity for both of them to show what they can do. You whined about the club's track record with youth being abysmal, yet you spit your dummy out over the idea of him being given a chance next season, smart.

Sea-Cow

I am not saying the quality is the same of course, but I swear I see similiarities to David Silva in the way he moves, or the way he looks with the ball.

Maybe I'm blind, I don't know. I just think he looks like he could be quality. More than likely it won't be with United, just be playing the odds, but I think he will have a good career. Maybe at a mid-level team in Spain.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
There is alot of positives there in that video, regardless of level. Intensity, pace, awareness, technique among them. He is 20. I remember a 22 year old Salah at Chelsea well.

I think one remarkable difference between Pellistri and the players he should compare himself to is his frame. I’m sure he will improve that over the next few years.

Orange Tree

We should include a loan clause to be able to call the loaned players back if they aren't playing enough games.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I really think there’s a quality player in there.

I hope he gets his chance but he needs a much better loan next season.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
When you keep starting for Uruguay NT then there is potential. What a waste of loan. Should loan him in Championship next time. It's not bad thing to loan players in Championship these days. Reece James and Mount went on loan in Championship before they became regular at Chelsea.

lex talionis

From what little I've seen of Pellistri it's safe to say he would have been more useful to the first team this season than Rashford.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I like what I've seen from Pellestri. I'd keep him and Amad in the squad next year and rotate them on the right. It can't possibly be worse than not having a right sided player for the last seven or eight years.

Status
Not open for further replies.