6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf

I think the plan to loan him next season is the right one. Got to be a smarter choice than Alaves but he clearly needs to be starting regularly at a good level becqause what he clearly lacks is experience and minutes in his legs right now. More than enough signs to suggest he can be at least a decent squad option here if developed well.

3KDré

His first ever start for us. I would like to see him more, give him time to show what he can do. We’ve given Sancho many minutes for little return.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
All things considered it was a decent showing. Carries the ball well, clearly loves to attack his fullback, crisp and quick passing and overall good defensively.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think he did just OK and can do better. He held the ball for too long at times and had some sloppy passes but more game time should fix that

Woziak

Flashes of effective wing play all round above average first start he needs more minutes and he is actually quicker than he looks. 6.5/10 today

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Wasn't overly impressed, its harder making an impact over 90 minutes then it is entering fresh against tired defenders after 65/70 minutes. Im sure he's learned a few lessons and will take it as great experience though. He definitely wasn't bad but nowhere near as good as he's looked off the bench.

PSV

Thought he did well, unlucky to hit the post.

It feels good to have a right winger that actually gets past his man.

criticalanalysis

Thought he did well although my bar is very low and it was a game that suited him as there was about 500 transitions with it being box to box.

Works hard, makes decent runs, give us some orthodox tactical solidarity with his positioning and always looking to get involved, which was a pleasant surprise. My only issue was that his final ball was poor, although that affected the whole team.

zaafi

what did Pellistri create? He had zero key passes.

And no, our movement with Antony is clearly much more fluid.
He didn't create a goal scoring chance, but he created opportunities that our other players could have done something more with. The last one I remember was when he passed to Dalot who just blasted it into a Betis player. That's what I mean by fluid movement. He is much more interested in creating for other players than Antony is and a lot more selfless. Not saying he is a better player, but it's clear that some aspects of his game can have a much bigger potential on our game than Antony can offer. Antony has barely created a single chance and has 1 (!) assist since signing for us.

Edit: Just realised Antony doesn't even have a single assist for us since signing.

Sancho99

His shot that hit the post fell to Weghorst. Played a really cute pass on the overlap to Dalot who had about 3 united players to pass to at the back post but blasted it straight at a defender.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Yeah, Pellistri did well but calling him a better player than Antony is obviously nuts.

My main impression of him was how often he struggled to stay on his feet. Great experience for him though. And you can see there’s a tidy wee player in there somewhere. Fair play to ETH for giving him the full 90.

Sylar

He was ok as it was a first start with no real pressure. Guessing he will remain as the sub for cameos and we might see him at his best against tiring legs

Gator Nate

Pellistri put in a full match for us and I thought he was pretty leggy the last 10 or 15 minutes. Not a bad showing at all. My only concern is something I've noticed with him in all of his appearances: He gets pushed and pulled around a lot. Not sure why he's such a target, but defenders get really physical with him.

And that card he got was laughable. It wasn't even a convincing foul.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Wasn't massively impressed but its clear he has potential and needs to play more games

Ibi Dreams

He was decent overall. If Sunderland are open to it I think we should send him there next season when we get Amad back. Amad has done great, would be very interesting to see how Pellistri does in the same situation

Mainoldo

A championship loan next season will be perfect for him. Send him to Carrick.

Nice debut start though.

Sylar

He certainly put a full shift in, was up and down the touchline and didn't shirk the defensive side.
Yeah he got back well quite a few times.

Also in attacking hit the post before half time, but looked good second half driving with the ball (which lead to the rashford chance)

Drizzle

We do love to hype our young players sometimes. This lad looks decent but I've seen nothing about him that shows he's above the level of, say, Elanga. Hardworking honest player, but lacking a bit of quality in key moments. What he does have in his favour is he offers us a tactical alternative on the right where we're a little short, so he can be useful there for the rest of the season.

He needs a season on loan somewhere in England where he can get regular 90s and let's see where he is in a year.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
We do love to hype our young players sometimes. This lad looks decent but I've seen nothing about him that shows he's above the level of, say, Elanga. Hardworking honest player, but lacking a bit of quality in key moments. What he does have in his favour is he offers us a tactical alternative on the right where we're a little short, so he can be useful there for the rest of the season.

He needs a season on loan somewhere in England where he can get regular 90s and let's see where he is in a year.
Who is hyping him?

kundalini

Hit the inside of the post with his shot after the free-kick.

Nice play in the build up to one of Rashford's big chances in the 2nd half with the score still 0-0.

Should have done better with early cross, slightly too high, though you could see how his pace can hurt teams.

Crazy decision by the referee to book him when it was the opponent who fouled Pellistri.

Some nice link up play at times - pass to Dalot for cross that got cut-out for instance, though at other times didn't seem to be much understanding between him and other attacking players. One or two occasions he could have done better in the final third.

Made some runs off the ball behind their defence that team mates either had the pass intercepted (Rashford) or didn't even attempt it (Weghorst).

Looked very tired towards the end.

Last edited:

RedIan

No way is he going out on loan. He Has made 2 brilliant cameos where he instantly changed games and this this was his full debut. He played well. Very good passing, fast and good on the ball. Can beat a man on the right where Anthony cannot.
He had a great world cup and for me he is ready to step up For more game time.
Good alternative to Anthony.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

Nice debut start though.
I mean, he is literally our third best wide player at the moment. But yeah, loan him to championship.

Ekeke

Showed some speed but rarely had the ball under control and was diving into some challenges to try and save it. Thats how he got booked and yes it was a bit harsh, but I guess its because the ref saw his foot point up for a few moments.

Had some good oppertunities to cross especially in the first half and overhit them. Needs to work on that for sure

Remember the geese

We don't have any other right winger, maybe Amad but he really should be formed as a #10.
Yeah, it's Antony, Pellistri, Amad and Sancho. You could keep Amad purely as Bruno's deputy and have Pellistri vs Antony. Then there's Sancho. I'm not overly bothered how the club approach it to be honest. Although, I would like to see Amad return.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Nice debut start though.
I’d rather just sell him than loan him to a Championship team at this stage and wait another few years before giving him a chance again. He’s a full time Uruguay international who has already played top division football in Spain, if we have to send him to a lower division at 22 it doesn’t bode well for his future.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I’d rather just sell him than loan him to a Championship team at this stage and wait another few years before giving him a chance again. He’s a full time Uruguay international who has already played top division football in Spain, if we have to send him to a lower division at 22 it doesn’t bode well for his future.
Yeah, surely he’d rather move on than take another loan too.

Mainoldo

Well he’s moving on then as the plan is to defo send him on loan. I’m not sure he starts every week at a Prem team which is why I said Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.