Facundo Pellistri / SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp_107

He speaks English apparently which is good.
If any kid in Uruguay from football background speaks English I think we should see him as an ambitious Boy.
Dont think learning English is not a necessary to succeed in South America. Some struggle to speak even years after moving to England.

Crimson King

I remember reading a story by Mitten a while ago about how we were tracking this kid, he's been personally recommended by Forlan or something.

It sounded like we wanted to leave him there another season to develop, so hard to tell whether we're going for him now because Sancho is a no go, or because other clubs have made a move.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If any kid in Uruguay from football background speaks English I think we should see him as an ambitious Boy.
Dont think learning English is not a necessary to succeed in South America. Some struggle to speak even years after moving to England.
Or he just comes from a well off family and went to a good school. No idea about him, but good schools in foreign countries teach English very early.

red thru&thru

I remember reading a story by Mitten a while ago about how we were tracking this kid, he's been personally recommended by Forlan or something.

It sounded like we wanted to leave him there another season to develop, so hard to tell whether we're going for him now because Sancho is a no go, or because other clubs have made a move.
Seems like Lyon came in for him.

Crimson King

Seems like Lyon came in for him.
If we are about to sign him then we must rate him pretty highly then.

Edit: if we're forgoing our normal stance of letting them go elsewhere and then trying to sign them after they've proved themselves.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Just watched YouTube highlights and he looked rubbish ! Hopefully it turns out the opposite.

Ace of Spades

We have been scouting him for a while apparently, we have been linked to a fair few young players.

These are the types of deals I hope to see more of.

izec

Better now for 10m than for 50m in a couple of years from Lyon if we believe he is talented enough. Just loan him out in January if he isn't ready, although hard to be any worse than James.

MrSingh2002

Cue Dan James to Leeds for 25m.

Opens up 15m extra to spend on Sancho tomorrow.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Andy Mitten was talking about him as a first team option earlier in the summer. Forlan recommended him to United.
Buzzing. Worked really well the last time an ex player recommended a winger.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Any youtube videos on this guy?
he doesn’t look great on YouTube. I Checked him out when we were first linked in July. Only one season as a squad player as a youngster so not much to go on though. He likes to drive forward with the ball and seems to be decently two footed. He’s got a long way to go and may never be good enough but I’m all for South American wonderkids and if Lyon were after him and they have Cherki as an up and coming RW he must have potential. I reckon this is a youth team signing or he’ll go back on loan

Mark Pawelek

Better now for 10m than for 50m in a couple of years from Lyon if we believe he is talented enough. Just loan him out in January if he isn't ready, although hard to be any worse than James.
Loan him out in January? Because he'll be the only pure winger United have. Not as if we have any attacking fullbacks either. He'll be our only real wing threat. If we get Cavani - who I'm told is good in the air, he'll be essential.

diarm

Also because they sacked Forlan a few weeks ago. From what I've read the plan was to leave him there a while longer until that happened.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
he doesn’t look great on YouTube. I Checked him out when we were first linked in July. Only one season as a squad player as a youngster so not much to go on though. He likes to drive forward with the ball and seems to be decently two footed. He’s got a long way to go and may never be good enough but I’m all for South American wonderkids and if Lyon were after him and they have Cherki as an up and coming RW he must have potential. I reckon this is a youth team signing or he’ll go back on loan
Hopefully not another Bebe.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Haha, thanks, I am not that far away, I just need a bit more patience.

He could come and spend a year in the reserves, spending lots of time in the gym. Valverde went to Madrid and spent his first season in their B team, before going on loan in his second season. Although Pallistri has more experience in the first division.

Our name came from an Italian journalist, Daniele Trecca from Calciomercato, , this is the tweet the Uruguayan press is using as source for our name:
(I don't know enough Italian to traslate it, but the general idea is what has been said already)

But the rest is obviously on point, player wants out now so he left the bubble, he is now not authorzed to play or train for the club for covid reasons. The club wants to keep him until the end of the year, probably mostly because the fans won't be happy to lose a player midseason and the fans are of course already pretty unhappy, because of bad results and crappy football (and is nothing new).
Promoted! Nice! I guess this deal is happening - will be interesting to see. Hopefully he's not too far off physically to cope with this level.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Hopefully not another Bebe.
hahaha no I doubt it. he’s a talent but I’m 99% sure hes not for this season. It would be the total deep end. He’s ace in FM 20 for what it’s worth and his release clause is actually around the same amount :)
He’d be the only major RW talent in the academy unless I’m missing someone? Everyone wants to play on the left these days.

NYAS

He’s not rubbish. Banter posters on here.

I’ve watched him 5/6 times, once or twice in the league and the rest in the Libertadores.

Very talented player who’s pretty quick and makes the right decisions most of the time which is pretty rare for his age. More recently he has grown in terms of how effective he is for his team although Peñarol are sadly quite shit these days.

For years we’ve needed to make more inroads in the South American market for actual talent (Pellistri, Vinicius, Rodrygo, Almada, etc) instead of basing our opinion that South Americans don’t make it here on the likes of Kleberson, Heinze and Fred.

Young talent with flair who will add depth in attack at a cheap price. Can’t really lose with this.

el3mel

I don't see anything crazy in this video to be labeled "crazy goals and skills". Honestly from what I saw here, he would probably need 2 years or so to adapt to the intensity and pace in Premier League. Defenders in England aren't that stupid.

Definitely one for the future and not for next year. We're not that desperate to depend on him, anyway.

No Love

Kid is direct. If carrying the ball forward is an option, it’s the one he’s taking. Looks quite sleight, which isn’t too much of a concern, at this stage. Left foot is for standing only it seems, as he barely touches the ball with it. The right attitude can help remedy that, of course. You can see he has something though. You could work with this kid, but nowhere near first team ready, IMHO.

Castia

Highly rated youngster. This is a deal we should be making. Probably not ready yet but a top prospect.

Daonico

Promoted! Nice! I guess this deal is happening - will be interesting to see. Hopefully he's not too far off physically to cope with this level.
yay! I owe you some candy! :lol:

To be honest I am buzzing that we are looking to have two Uruguayans in the team... You can't imagine how much pain it was when everyone here was routing for Liverpool because of Suarez.

Compilation highlights are misleading, so, I found some videos of all his touches in different games. That'll give a more complete image.

to give some context, against Colo Colo and Wilstermann, they were Libertadores matches, peñarol needs to win next (final) match to have a chance to qualify from the group stage.
Against Nacional, was the derby, so you can say it was a "high pressure" game, often winning/losing the derby decides the fate of coaches.

He’s not rubbish. Banter posters on here.

I’ve watched him 5/6 times, once or twice in the league and the rest in the Libertadores.

Very talented player who’s pretty quick and makes the right decisions most of the time which is pretty rare for his age. More recently he has grown in terms of how effective he is for his team although Peñarol are sadly quite shit these days.

For years we’ve needed to make more inroads in the South American market for actual talent (Pellistri, Vinicius, Rodrygo, Almada, etc) instead of basing our opinion that South Americans don’t make it here on the likes of Kleberson, Heinze and Fred.

Young talent with flair who will add depth in attack at a cheap price. Can’t really lose with this.
I think the biggest issue with south Americans is around work permits, rather than comparing to past failures. Generally they have needed to be duel nationality or an exceptional talent to get a waiver from the home office.

does this guy have a European passport?

Status
Not open for further replies.