Television Fallout TV Series

RedRocket08

Trailers always look great so I still hope it isn't shit.

They'll probably need something to give it an edge as there's been a lost of post-apocalyptic stuff out there in the last few years.
Hopefully, I liked Westworld so I think it's in safe hands given it's the same director? I just want to see some difficult moral choices being made, part of what made the games so great were the dilemmas we had to face.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Hopefully, I liked Westworld so I think it's in safe hands given it's the same director? I just want to see some difficult moral choices being made, part of what made the games so great were the dilemmas we had to face.
See I found Westworld to be quite dull and gave up. So hopefully not the same with this.

RedRocket08

See I found Westworld to be quite dull and gave up. So hopefully not the same with this.
Yeah for me as well it was one of those shows that I left for a little while and picked up again, I did enjoy the series though. I do have high expectations for this one because I really enjoyed Last of Us. This probably might not hit those heights but the lore should be enough to make a decent show.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Season One is a masterwork in storytelling, and if you disagree then I will personally hunt you down.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Absolutely up there with the best single season of any show ever made.
Completely agree.

I disagree.

See you soon.
Oh, you're already dead* but clearly you're too dumb to realise it yet.

*I'm not actually going to kill you, just shit on your favourite rug and turn your coffee mugs upside down so they get a little bit of moisture in them and the ones at the back turn slightly mouldy.

diarm

"All Episodes Available April 11" makes me so happy.

I don't necessarily mind the odd show being a one episode weekly affair, but the last couple of years have felt like there has been nothing out to binge straight off the bat.

Dan

"All Episodes Available April 11" makes me so happy.

I don't necessarily mind the odd show being a one episode weekly affair, but the last couple of years have felt like there has been nothing out to binge straight off the bat.
It’s being released a day early, so now out tomorrow on the 10th.

Nickosaur

Why am I looking forward to this? Everything points towards a flop but I'm still excited.

Hoof the ball

S1, S4, S3, S2 for me. I'm actually annoyed at how enjoyable season four was because they cancelled it anyway.
Sorry, I meant s4. I agree. The themes in that season were great. The ending and the idea that in s5 AI would run endless simulations to find any one in which humans and AI could co-exist was promising.

mu4c_20le

Westwood made it to 4 seasons? I gave up half way their season 2, but thought it ended with 3.
Same. Might give it another go someday given how so many rate s4.

As for this one, not sure about releasing all episodes at once, as I usually prefer weekly and having a chance to talk about each episode after it airs and build up hype/speculation for the next. On the other hand, its on my day off so works out for me..

sepulturite

Why am I looking forward to this? Everything points towards a flop but I'm still excited.
Actually everything points to the opposite, all the feedback so far is ridiculously positive. It's already been renewed for a second season too.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I watched Westworld to the end and enjoyed it but they never fulfilled the promise of S1.

Hamnat

I never played the game so is Fallout worth watching still?
I never played it either definitely giving it a try. I expect to miss Easter eggs maybe that the gamers might know but oh well.

Kaos

I never played the game so is Fallout worth watching still?
I'd wager you'd probably enjoy it more than the hardcore Fallout fan who will inevitably nitpick at every minute detail and inaccuracy. The premise in theory should translate well as a TV show/movie. So it definitely warrants watching the pilot at the very least and see how well it does with you.

Siorac

Vault doors open at 5:30PM PST
Eh. Dear Amazon, would it have been such a gigantic task to actually display the time of release in the actual time zone the user is in? I had to Google it myself, like some peasant.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Eh. Dear Amazon, would it have been such a gigantic task to actually display the time of release in the actual time zone the user is in? I had to Google it myself, like some peasant.
I have a day off today, got lunch and settled in to watch 2 or 3 episodes of this.

"Releasing 11th April, 1am GMT."

Absolute dickheads.