Television Fallout TV Series

Precaution

It was the little small things at the start of the episode where if said puppy was too small then kill it, more of a weird way to introduce dogmeat I guess (Fallout Dog)

Rewatching it again, I am confused as to who Dom Pedro is and why or how he is cutting up Ghoul Howard when he physically looks okay beside the nose.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I watched the first episode and it’s… ok?

Weird vibe the way it mixes up a 50s sort of kitsch aesthetic with extreme violence but ok. The main problem is I have no fecking clue what’s going on. They’ve been living underground for hundreds of years but they seem to know about “raiders” that live above ground? Wouldn’t that make them a bit morecurious to see what’s going on out there? Why does it seem so crazy to them that yer wan might go for a look see? And I can’t for the life of me work out what’s going on in with the guys in the robot suits and their squires. Or why would they put razors in each other’s boots. Never mind why some dead person has IV fluids running into his grave and is regularly dug up to have bits cut off? WTF?! And who the feck were those guys who dug him up? And what’s a chicken got to do with anything? Plus why was the graveyard guarded? And why is everyone interested in some bloke and his dog?

Does all of this make sense to people who played the game? Because it’s muddled nonsense to me. Maybe it all gets cleared up in the next episode or two? It fecking better, or I’m outta here.
I wasn’t convinced after episode one, but it’s gets significantly better the further you go in. Really enjoyable show.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It must be some strain on the brain to analyse tv shows to that detail. :lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It was the little small things at the start of the episode where if said puppy was too small then kill it, more of a weird way to introduce dogmeat I guess (Fallout Dog)

Rewatching it again, I am confused as to who Dom Pedro is and why or how he is cutting up Ghoul Howard when he physically looks okay beside the nose.
I might be wrong but Ghouls heal quickly. Whatever Dom Pedro is cutting off the ghoul grows back. The whole zero nose thing applies to all ghouls, which makes it confusing.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I have a few questions. Hope one of you is kind enough to answer them for me:

- Why didn't the Pip boys detect radiation when Lee Moldaver and the raiding party enter vault 33 on the pretext of Lucy's wedding?
- How come Lucy's dad didn't recognize Lee? Did he completely miss her when he went and destroyed the California republic a few decades earlier?
- Why didn't Lee Moldaver age in all those years? Just good skin care routine?
- The time line was all off, they say Lucy's mom ran away taking Lucy and her siblings. And then she went on to establish the California republic. Obviously it was a few years after which Lucy's father came and destroyed it. How come Lucy and her siblings didn't age in that period?
- Who cleaned up vault 32 overnight? Just the brain-R2D2? Or did it summon some people from the pods and then put them back in their chambers after they cleaned up?
- How come some Ghouls were dead with one shot but nothing could kill Walter Goggins? Or was it the feral ones were much more easier to kill than the non-feral ones?

There were others too, will add as I remember them.

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Does all of this make sense to people who played the game? Because it’s muddled nonsense to me. Maybe it all gets cleared up in the next episode or two? It fecking better, or I’m outta here.
That is generally how episodic TV shows work all right.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That is generally how episodic TV shows work all right.
So you’re saying the next episode or two will explain why yer man is buried in the ground, yet still alive, with IV fluids pumped into his grave, occasionally dug up by a randomer to have bits cut off him and chickens are somehow relevant to his plight? And isn’t he the cowboy act in the first scene? So he’s 200 and something years old?

I await these plot resolutions with interest.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
So you’re saying the next episode or two will explain why yer man is buried in the ground, yet still alive, with IV fluids pumped into his grave, occasionally dug up by a randomer to have bits cut off him and chickens are somehow relevant to his plight? And isn’t he the cowboy act in the first scene? So he’s 200 and something years old?

There are eight episodes.

It does a good job of explaining the world and lore throughout, but leaves stuff open for season two.

Also this isn't a Lost scenario - they have the source material where all of this stuff is already explained to pull from. They're just... not telling you everything instantly.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
There are eight episodes.

It does a good job of explaining the world and lore throughout, but leaves stuff open for season two.

Also this isn't a Lost scenario - they have the source material where all of this stuff is already explained to pull from. They're just... not telling you everything instantly.
Well it does a terrible job in episode one. And they can get fecked if they expect viewers to play video games to understand shit they can’t be bothered explaining in their tv show. Last of Us was a great example of a video game spin off that was well written enough to exist as a standalone creation. So far, this comes out very poorly in comparison. I never felt as remotely confused/annoyed about stuff that was never explained during Last of Us (also didn’t play the game)

But hey, one episode in. There’s still hope. I’ll keep watching. Probably doesn’t help that I’m coming to this straight from Andor and half way through Ripley. So bad writing is going to be even harder to take than usual.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
As someone who knows of the games but didn't play them I really enjoyed it. First episode was easily the worst and I feared it would be a mess but I was smashing episodes back to back by the end.

Favourite line - "Do you wanna make my cock explode now?"

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Oh god Pogue found the thread.
It's weird how for almost a decade I was completely oblivious to it, but in the last twelve months I've come to realise that I disagree with the majority of Pogue's opinions and think he is literally the worst person in the history of the universe.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Thought it would be something he'd enjoy tbh........ but he seems to have stumbled into it expecting a different type of show.
Why don't they show how the bombs were built? And what's the music about? It's meant to be the future but they're listening to old music? Nobody listens to old music unless they're old. And why is the power supply for the suits important? It's the future, isn't it? And there's a dog? Why are there dogs? Gary?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I have a few questions. Hope one of you is kind enough to answer them for me:

- Why didn't the Pip boys detect radiation when Lee Moldaver and the raiding party enter vault 33 on the pretext of Lucy's wedding?
Seems to just be an oversight imo. The pipboy in the game always goes off around radiation but the show seemed to pick and choose the moments to have it go off (otherwise it's going off a lot I guess)
- How come Lucy's dad didn't recognize Lee? Did he completely miss her when he went and destroyed the California republic a few decades earlier?
Not sure. Maybe he did but didn't want to let on? I can't remember how much interaction they had at the start. If she was also frozen and due to come from 31 maybe it wasn't that shocking to him?
- Why didn't Lee Moldaver age in all those years? Just good skin care routine?
I'm assuming she was frozen for that time, like some of the others.
- The time line was all off, they say Lucy's mom ran away taking Lucy and her siblings. And then she went on to establish the California republic. Obviously it was a few years after which Lucy's father came and destroyed it. How come Lucy and her siblings didn't age in that period?
Didn't it show her as like a 6 year old at that time? She has no real memory of living on the surface, except mentioning she was sure the light from the vault was as warm as the sun (turns out it was the actual sun)
- Who cleaned up vault 32 overnight? Just the brain-R2D2? Or did it summon some people from the pods and then put them back in their chambers after they cleaned up?
I'm assuming Betty and some other 31'ers like eyepatch girl did it.
- How come some Ghouls were dead with one shot but nothing could kill Walter Goggins? Or was it the feral ones were much more easier to kill than the non-feral ones?
Yeah feral ones appeared to be easier to kill. In the game there's not too much difference.

There were others too, will add as I remember them.
Added some replies in the spoiler.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Thought it would be something he'd enjoy tbh........ but he seems to have stumbled into it expecting a different type of show.
Same! I even coughed up for a Prime subscription to watch the fecking thing. I don’t hate it at all. Just a bit meh about it. And annoyed it’s all so muddled and all over the place. There is stuff I like about it too tbf. So I’ll definitely stick with it. I mean, I gave that Zak Snyder abomination over two hours of my life, so the least I can do is give this the same.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Why don't they show how the bombs were built? And what's the music about? It's meant to be the future but they're listening to old music? Nobody listens to old music unless they're old. And why is the power supply for the suits important? It's the future, isn't it? And there's a dog? Why are there dogs? Gary?
Watching Memento might give him an aneurysm.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Same! I even coughed up for a Prime subscription to watch the fecking thing. I don’t hate it at all. Just a bit meh about it. And annoyed it’s all so meddled. There is stuff I like about it too tbf. So I’ll definitely stick with it. I mean, I gave that Zak Snyder abomination over two hours of my life, so the least I can do is give this the same.
Yeah just watch it and don't be too worried about not knowing why certain things are the way they are. Things should slowly come together.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship

The fluid gets explained. The chicken was explained in the scene, they said if he's feral, which means his mind is gone and he'll attack without reason, the chicken would set him off. Yes, ghouls live long lives, be they feral or not.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
The fluid gets explained. The chicken was explained in the scene, they said if he's feral, which means his mind is gone and he'll attack without reason, the chicken would set him off. Yes, ghouls live long lives, be they feral or not.
Ok, that’s the chicken explained. Do we ever find out what turns people into immortal, chicken eating zombies?

nimic

something nice
Scout
Heh. Yeah. So I can blame another great tv series for slightly spoiling this one: Chernobyl.
Fallout isn't really supposed to be realistic, so it shouldn't matter too much. It's more based on the fantastical view of atomic power and radiation that might have existed in the 1950s, extrapolated into the future.

It's almost worse that Chernobyl got some things wrong, because it was trying to be right. It's not clear that a person can become radiactive in the sense that the firefighters were, for example (the whole miscarriage thing).

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Fallout isn't really supposed to be realistic, so it shouldn't matter too much. It's more based on the fantastical view of atomic power and radiation that might have existed in the 1950s, extrapolated into the future.

It's almost worse that Chernobyl got some things wrong, because it was trying to be right. It's not clear that a person can become radiactive in the sense that the firefighters were, for example (the whole miscarriage thing).
Yeah it's a retro-futuristic setting where microprocessors were never invented due to more focus on nuclear and things like that. It's why they have some futuristic stuff but it has that older, bulkier look it it all. And stuff like mobile phones, internet (in most forms) was never invented.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Finished watching it on the plane today, really enjoyed it. It's not amazing, breathtaking etc., but deserves like a solid 8/10. I wasn't that much into games but kind of want to play them more after the show.

Thought they built the world very well, the main story was somewhat underwhelming and pretty basic but it feels like they can and will do more around the lore and setting in the following seasons.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The second season is introducing a new character that might divide (pun intended) opinion...

Jonathan Nolan has revealed that Season 2 of the hit show Fallout will introduce viewers to a new character - an antihero doctor.

"I was drinking Toilet Duck with Lisa when she started talking about this Irish TikTok dancing friend of hers. Apparently this girl is married to a doctor, who is by all accounts a wee contrarian ring piece that is way out of her league. He makes up for it by having a massive dangler but I'm going off topic now.

Anyway, we decided that we needed an antagonist that people will love to hate, so we came up with Mogue Pahone. His whole schtick is that he's confused by everything in the Fallout universe. In one scene, when everybody is running away from a Deathclaw, he just stands there asking why such a beast exists. As he's eaten by the Deathclaw he spends the entire time bemoaning the violent portrayal of his own evisceration and keeps calling it unnecessary.
"

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The second season is introducing a new character that might divide (pun intended) opinion...

Jonathan Nolan has revealed that Season 2 of the hit show Fallout will introduce viewers to a new character - an antihero doctor.

"I was drinking Toilet Duck with Lisa when she started talking about this Irish TikTok dancing friend of hers. Apparently this girl is married to a doctor, who is by all accounts a wee contrarian ring piece that is way out of her league. He makes up for it by having a massive dangler but I'm going off topic now.

Anyway, we decided that we needed an antagonist that people will love to hate, so we came up with Mogue Pahone. His whole schtick is that he's confused by everything in the Fallout universe. In one scene, when everybody is running away from a Deathclaw, he just stands there asking why such a beast exists. As he's eaten by the Deathclaw he spends the entire time bemoaning the violent portrayal of his own evisceration and keeps calling it unnecessary.
"
:lol: id pay a lot of caps for a series 2 written by you and @rimaldo

Wing Attack Plan R

"
Subscribe.