Famous United fans...

Robertd0803

Clicked on this thread and started reading, thinking, slow transfer news, people are bored, new thread, right. Then I read this:

Eyes wide open: Wtf did he do today?? Then I looked at the date, phew. may 21st 2005. woow, long time ago, I was...very young then, but, what happened that day, my memory is not that good anymore, sniff, so my friend google gave me this:
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/jose-mourinho-jose-mourinho-jose-mourinho-jose-mourinho.77489/

so nice to read old threads, congrats to
21st May 2005 was the day we somehow lost the FA Cup Final to Arsenal. On my fecking birthday no less. :mad:

But then we did win the Champions League in 2008 and the FA Cup in 2015 on my birthday so that took the edge of it.

Anyway, probably mentioned already at this point but John Simm-The Master from Doctor Who is a United fan. Has an interview on MuTV as well.

Web of Bissaka

When I read the title of the thread I thought it was going to be about ordinary people who support United so much that they've gotten some form of public recognition for it. Twelfth man etc. But it's just about celebrities who support United. Sigh.

By coincidence though, as some of the Game of Thrones cast support United – I just remembered a brilliant talk with Jack Gleeson (King Joffrey) from Game of Thrones, regarding the exact same subject which a thread like this wouldn't exist without – celebrity culture. Worth a watch.

Now: I want to know who the chubby long haired hippie-looking guy always standing just behind the boards down by one of the corner flags at Old Trafford is… do people know who I'm talking about? He's pretty much always standing there, haha.
So.. Joffrey is a United fan?

Just to confirm, vid is too long :D.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Don't know if it's been posted but Albert Finney one of this country's greatest ever actors is a fan. Born in Salford

Shuriken

So.. Joffrey is a United fan?

Just to confirm, vid is too long :D.
Hehe, the clip with Gleeson (Joffrey) is about celebrity culture in itself, they don't talk about United or football at all. However, it's interesting and I do recommend it.

In another coincidence though, seeing as I had completely forgotten about it – Ruud van Nistelrooy has been a guest at this very same event. Having watched it last year, I don't remember all of it, but I do recall the conversation about that unfortunate penalty miss against Arsenal in 2003.

I'm guessing most posters here already know about the Oxford Union. Here's the Q&A:

Web of Bissaka

Hehe, the clip with Gleeson (Joffrey) is about celebrity culture in itself, they don't talk about United or football at all. However, it's interesting and I do recommend it.

In another coincidence though, seeing as I had completely forgotten about it – Ruud van Nistelrooy has been a guest at this very same event. Having watched it last year, I don't remember all of it, but I do recall the conversation about that unfortunate penalty miss against Arsenal in 2003.

I'm guessing most posters here already know about the Oxford Union. Here's the Q&A:

Oh, I got curious.. *research*

Oxford Union, interesting enough. Seems a lot of famous people have been there and continue to be invited, for some debate/discussions or something. It's an intellectual stage, seemingly, to understand different perspectives and promotes social solidarity. Could even be useful for career.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
On an unrelated note, I remember Tom Hanks on TV once saying he was an Aston Villa fan....

because it was a cool name!

Halftrack

On an unrelated note, I remember Tom Hanks on TV once saying he was an Aston Villa fan....

because it was a cool name!
Yeah, I remember reading or hearing that. Fair fecks to him. If you're going to be supporting a team in another country, that's as good a reason as any.

I don't know who half of these people are :lol:. When I was a lad it was the guys from The Stone Roses and Happy Mondays, Morrissey, Steve Coogan, Mick Hucknall, Tony Wilson, Terry Christian, Terry Hall from The Specials, and half of Ireland.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
That's nice and all but, honestly, these all feel very anti-climatic after Rachel Riley.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I like the way that standing next to a player whilst holding a shirt a PR person literally just told you to hold makes you a "fan".

Famous Arsenal fan...

Famous Chelsea fans, Prestige Worldwide...

Yagami

Good post resistant
Daphne from Frasier is a huge fan.
Now: I want to know who the chubby long haired hippie-looking guy always standing just behind the boards down by one of the corner flags at Old Trafford is… do people know who I'm talking about? He's pretty much always standing there, haha.
I know exactly who you mean. I have no idea who he is, though. Maybe our guardian angel? I always feel confident when I see him in the crowd watching over us.
Conor McGregor
One with a United shirt, the other with a Lion King shirt. They are the coolest kids ever.

Sanche7

Kholi is a strange one.To my knowledge he has supported Manchester United, Real Madrid and now Chelsea

Virat said: “I take a lot of inspiration from Cristiano Ronaldo. The way he has stayed on top for so many years, it’s nothing but down to hard work. I have heard he is the most hardworking footballer in the world and that’s why he is where he is. Messi is a freak (genius) but this guy (Ronaldo) is giving him run for his money because of his hard work.”

“Yeah I support Real Madrid. It’s mainly because of Cristiano Ronaldo. I used to support Manchester United when he was playing there. Now my loyalties have shifted because of him. I think he is a truly amazing player. I love watching him play.”

https://www.foottheball.com/players...er-is-indian-captain-virat-kohlis-idol/196640

I don't know if it's been mentioned already but Sachin Tendulkar is a United fan.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...VHvMa3WcoHSry_g4hHlcvU4c1-z897oLAQXGjiZIu47tk

Cristiano Ronaldo on Sachin Tendulkar:
"I don't know much about cricket. I
met him during my day in England.
Maybe he was on his holiday. He told
me that Manchester United is his
favourite club. My teammates, Sir Alex
told me about him"

Reactions: 711