Fans planning Old Trafford walkout

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Is anyone even organising this, beyond some vague chit-chat on tw@tter?
Seems about as likely as the mass forecourt protest in the summer that attracted about 30 numpties.

pacifictheme

Is anyone even organising this, beyond some vague chit-chat on tw@tter?
Seems about as likely as the mass forecourt protest in the summer that attracted about 30 numpties.
I believe they are on redarmy which as i underatand it has a larger contingent of match going fans than here.

Eckers99

I believe they are on redarmy which as i underatand it has a larger contingent of match going fans than here.
Oh, right. Well OT has a fairly sizeable older demographic, so I reckon the fans would need to be engaged at the ground, a few weeks before the walk out. Don't see this taking off at short notice with an online campaign only.

Utdstar01

Fed up of the constant shit over the last few years. The false promises and us being led to believe there's a plan. We're so incompetent as a club it's actually laughable and almost unbelievable. There's no ambition from the board for us to be a successful football team. I don't have any expectations anymore.

Godfather

So after all the lies we have been told, the fact that our squad is paper thin but nothing has been done about it, the fact that our recruitment strategies are a joke, the fact that still no DoF has been appointed, the fact Woodward can't be arsed to attend our games the consensus for most matchgoers on here is still that they won't join the protest?

Eckers99

So after all the lies we have been told, the fact that our squad is paper thin but nothing has been done about it, the fact that our recruitment strategies are a joke, the fact that still no DoF has been appointed, the fact Woodward can't be arsed to attend our games the consensus for most matchgoers on here is still that they won't join the protest?
Pretty tricky to get people to form a consensus for something that hasn't even been arranged yet.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I wonder how much of the value is soon to be the ground OT stands on and the surrounding area we own rather than the football club itself.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I work with a few City fans who are loving our demise (of course why wouldn't they) but even they are worried that things are getting so bad that there might be regime change on the horizon. They want the Glazers n Ed to stay in charge. If that isn't a ringing endorsement to get rid then what ever will be? They want us to do slightly better but not too much to keep us in a state of going nowhere fast.

Fans have got to act. Singing songs is all well and good but it's just the start. It won't get them out. Boycott the game and there will have to be something done eventually. If you keep giving them money then you can't moan. Gave my ticket up years ago and never getting it back until they've gone.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I work with a few City fans who are loving our demise (of course why wouldn't they) but even they are worried that things are getting so bad that there might be regime change on the horizon. They want the Glazers n Ed to stay in charge. If that isn't a ringing endorsement to get rid then what ever will be? They want us to do slightly better but not too much to keep us in a state of going nowhere fast.

Fans have got to act. Singing songs is all well and good but it's just the start. It won't get them out. Boycott the game and there will have to be something done eventually. If you keep giving them money then you can't moan. Gave my ticket up years ago and never getting it back until they've gone.
Let's get some green and gold scarfs out and get the.. "Red knights" to put a consortium together.

That'll learn em.

Green Arrow

We are just stuck with these owners and the muppet Ed. They have no idea what is going on, they happy to let the money roll in. If the the reports are true about us going in late for that player Leeds just signed and we were that really inept we are done for as a club.
There is nothing to show for as to where the club is going in the future and if reports are true that Alexis is coming back to "Redeem" himself well says it all really.

Eckers99

Well just assuming that the walkout will happen
That's the problem, everyone's just assuming it'll happen. Something like this, if it's going to work, needs to be organised and not still up for debate a few days in advance. Match-going fans aren't happy with the state of the club and showed in 2010 that they'll show it. But this 'protest' could hardly have been more disorganised if Woody had been involved.

U-N-I-T-E-D

I don’t understand why people are obsessed with certain minutes to represent something - it’s just not needed.

leaving at halftime would not only be easier as people have a 15 minute window to do so but starting the second half with thousands of empty seats would create a massive impact. Better yet if those people leaving stayed outside the stadium

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I wondered whether the groans might die down a bit after last weeks 6-0 win but I reckon a spanking against City and no deals in the transfer window is going to send the protests into overdrive on Saturday.

ZupZup

I am in the red army and this walkout suggestion went down like a lead balloon in that forum. Bear in mind this is amongst the fans who have been starting the recent anti Glazer and Woodward chanting during matches as well.

Marcelinho87

The fanbase is way too big for this to ever work, you give up your ticket and a million people are ready to snap it up.

Walkouts mid-game and even an occupation of the grounds after the game would be bigger and more effective talking points.

Last thing you want is the actual hardcore fan base giving out their tickets to day trippers who care less, that is a win for the Glazers and co.

R'hllor

That Sanchez line will calm fans down, good PR move by the club.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The fanbase is way too big for this to ever work, you give up your ticket and a million people are ready to snap it up.

Walkouts mid-game and even an occupation of the grounds after the game would be bigger and more effective talking points.

Last thing you want is the actual hardcore fan base giving out their tickets to day trippers who care less, that is a win for the Glazers and co.
Absolute bollocks. It's never been as easy to get a ticket for a home game. Million people my arse. People couldn't even give tickets away for free for Burnley match. There's been gaps at near enough every single home game this season. People have already started to vote with their feet. Attendances are dropping.

DomesticTadpole

The singing is good, but it does nothing. Yes you can hear it on TV, but the TV companies just ignore it and the Glazers are sat in the US. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me.

red4ever 79

I wondered whether the groans might die down a bit after last weeks 6-0 win but I reckon a spanking against City and no deals in the transfer window is going to send the protests into overdrive on Saturday.
Plus Wolves are no bum team right. They are having a full weeks rest as well. I think Saturday will be tough

Godfather

That's the problem, everyone's just assuming it'll happen. Something like this, if it's going to work, needs to be organised and not still up for debate a few days in advance. Match-going fans aren't happy with the state of the club and showed in 2010 that they'll show it. But this 'protest' could hardly have been more disorganised if Woody had been involved.
I agree. Whoever organised this didn't do a good job at all. Starting from the proposed minute of the walkout.

Just wanted to check what's the mood about a possible walkout after that shambolic window (I know it's not over yet but I doubt anything good will come out of it in these Las few days)

JoaquinJoaquin

I genuinely don't believe that is the case anymore. The fact I have got messages from the club the past 2 Summers encouraging me to get a season ticket shows that the 'waiting list' is no more.

Ole90+3

Absolute bollocks. It's never been as easy to get a ticket for a home game. Million people my arse. People couldn't even give tickets away for free for Burnley match. There's been gaps at near enough every single home game this season. People have already started to vote with their feet. Attendances are dropping.
This is very true. I was able to get 2 tickets beside each other for the Liverpool game on the official site about a week before the game.

ROFLUTION

Go in after 05 minutes (Glazers took over in 05.

That way we can both support the players, and show a lot of empty seats when the game starts, for the media to pick up on.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I don’t understand why people are obsessed with certain minutes to represent something - it’s just not needed.

leaving at halftime would not only be easier as people have a 15 minute window to do so but starting the second half with thousands of empty seats would create a massive impact. Better yet if those people leaving stayed outside the stadium
Better yet if people picketed outside OT on matchdays and the stadium had only 20,000 people sitting in it instead of 80,000. That’s how to get noticed.

If people go in until half time it has less impact because the official attendance will already be recorded so someone reading a data sheet in America is saying all is good plus people will still be buying their overpriced shite

fergiesarmy1

Go in after 05 minutes (Glazers took over in 05.

That way we can both support the players, and show a lot of empty seats when the game starts, for the media to pick up on.
Spin doctors will just say it was due to traffic, needs to be a bigger impact than that.

DomesticTadpole

Spin doctors will just say it was due to traffic, needs to be a bigger impact than that.
Trouble is if the game goes well, nothing at all will happen. They will stay to the end and cheer Ole and cheer the players, until next time. The day trippers will have their selfies, other will film the match on their phones.

Marcelinho87

Good, hope so.

Better yet if people picketed outside OT on matchdays and the stadium had only 20,000 people sitting in it instead of 80,000. That’s how to get noticed.

If people go in until half time it has less impact because the official attendance will already be recorded so someone reading a data sheet in America is saying all is good plus people will still be buying their overpriced shite
Isn't the attendance announced on tickets sold, not on who goes through the gate?

ROFLUTION

I fecking really hope this happens. This is the supporters feedback email at London hq:
feedback@manutd.co.uk
So if the match going supporters really walk out the rest of us need to email as many times as we can for the duration of the 90 minutes. In the contact page they've a number of contacts. Supporters should do their part and feck up Ed's week. Still don't know why our offices are in London.
Not a bad Idea - Did you just come up with it, or is it organized on SoMe already?

pacifictheme

I am in the red army and this walkout suggestion went down like a lead balloon in that forum. Bear in mind this is amongst the fans who have been starting the recent anti Glazer and Woodward chanting during matches as well.
Disappointing. I am not on it but a friend advised me that it was gaining traction.

Is redarmy any good?

fergiesarmy1

Trouble is if the game goes well, nothing at all will happen. They will stay to the end and cheer Ole and cheer the players, until next time. The day trippers will have their selfies, other will film the match on their phones.
Your hopeful :lol:

JB7

Disappointing. I am not on it but a friend advised me that it was gaining traction.

Is redarmy any good?
TRA is the best thing to happen to Old Trafford in years.

As for this "walk-out", won't happen and rightly so. Despicable idea to walk out of the match closest to 6th Feb in the 58th minute. Probably dreamt up by one of the fan cam nonces who don't give a toss about the football club.

Alabaster Codify7

TRA is the best thing to happen to Old Trafford in years.

As for this "walk-out", won't happen and rightly so. Despicable idea to walk out of the match closest to 6th Feb in the 58th minute. Probably dreamt up by one of the fan cam nonces who don't give a toss about the football club.
You think those guys touch kids, mate?
Should be careful with your choice of insults, man. No need of that shit. Cnuts would do.