Fans planning Old Trafford walkout

MrBest

I am Ole out but Inhave to disagree with one point you made, he does care for the club more than he cares for his role. The problem is like a domino effect, Glazers come in and bring debt. Fergie and Gill leave and Ed and Moyes come in. The money is there to spend from the board, we have spent a hell of a lot since 2013. In 2013 Ed fails to get deals done and we overspend on Fellaini and then overspend on Mata in Jan. Moyes goes, Gaal comes in and we spend a lot on players. Ed over spends and Gaal does not get players he needs. Gaal goes in comes Jose and we spend a lot again. Same story, Jose get part of what he wants and Ed over pays. Ole comes in and all of a sudden Ed takes the morale high ground and won't apend anything and hussels over a few million on deals. People forget that our opening offer on AWB was 30m, we paid 50m. Ed has clearly been told to stop messing around with money as his decisions add no value. Ole is the only person who wanted to be a puppet but he really cares about this club. So the board previously invested a lot, lost faith in ed and Ole and the fans suffer. Unfortunately Ole is tactically bad but I do think with better players we would be 4th because everyone else is so bad. The board won't go and ed won't get sacked So we need a proper manager. The whole thing is a circus but i do think ole cares more than we see. He is a true fan jist caught up on a storm but also partly out of his depth.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I am Ole out but Inhave to disagree with one point you made, he does care for the club more than he cares for his role. The problem is like a domino effect, Glazers come in and bring debt. Fergie and Gill leave and Ed and Moyes come in. The money is there to spend from the board, we have spent a hell of a lot since 2013. In 2013 Ed fails to get deals done and we overspend on Fellaini and then overspend on Mata in Jan. Moyes goes, Gaal comes in and we spend a lot on players. Ed over spends and Gaal does not get players he needs. Gaal goes in comes Jose and we spend a lot again. Same story, Jose get part of what he wants and Ed over pays. Ole comes in and all of a sudden Ed takes the morale high ground and won't apend anything and hussels over a few million on deals. People forget that our opening offer on AWB was 30m, we paid 50m. Ed has clearly been told to stop messing around with money as his decisions add no value. Ole is the only person who wanted to be a puppet but he really cares about this club. So the board previously invested a lot, lost faith in ed and Ole and the fans suffer. Unfortunately Ole is tactically bad but I do think with better players we would be 4th because everyone else is so bad. The board won't go and ed won't get sacked So we need a proper manager. The whole thing is a circus but i do think ole cares more than we see. He is a true fan jist caught up on a storm but also partly out of his depth.
Always makes me laugh when people come out with these first person statements as if they were actually chatting with members of the Man United board or manager themselves. I would love to know how to get this inside access myself.

MrBest

Always makes me laugh when people come out with these first person statements as if they were actually chatting with members of the Man United board or manager themselves. I would love to know how to get this inside access myself.
Called an assumption, happy for you to debate it. Your comment though is pretty abysmal given you are signed up to give your view. Your view is to laugh at my assumption? Always makes me laugh when people add no value.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Called an assumption, happy for you to debate it. Your comment though is pretty abysmal given you are signed up to give your view. Your view is to laugh at my assumption? Always makes me laugh when people add no value.
You certainly don't make it sound like an assumption. On what basis have you assumed that Ole wanted to be a puppet? Just curious.

MrBest

You certainly don't make it sound like an assumption. On what basis have you assumed that Ole wanted to be a puppet? Just curious.
Take what you want from it.What anyone writes on here in regards to the board or Ole is an assumption, that goes without saying. Surely I am not expected to quote everything being an assumption. I clearly have no inside knowledge of United, if i did I wouldn't be here writing my view. I would be on social media trying to get some likes for sponsorship money.

Dick Dastardly

Supports
Wrexham
Out of interest, how much do the GlazierS take out in dividends every year?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Take what you want from it.What anyone writes on here in regards to the board or Ole is an assumption, that goes without saying. Surely I am not expected to quote everything being an assumption. I clearly have no inside knowledge of United, if i did I wouldn't be here writing my view. I would be on social media trying to get some likes for sponsorship money.
So you should have just said "I think Ole's a puppet" rather than saying "Ole wanted to be a puppet". Anyway, in the grand scheme of things, doesn't really matter what we think.

Kag

This was the big gamble taken by the board when they appointed Ole (an appointment I’m happy to ride out). The supporters, aside from the dickheads on social media and online forums, won’t turn their venom against Ole; he’s a club legend. They’ll go for the Glazers and Woodward. If I were them, I’d be backing Ole to the tune of hundreds of millions. The squad, particularly in midfield, needs this level of investment and it has to be spent wisely. Without it, supporters will just vote with their feet and blame them for all ills.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
This was the big gamble taken by the board when they appointed Ole (an appointment I’m happy to ride out). The supporters, aside from the dickheads on social media and online forums, won’t turn their venom against Ole; he’s a club legend. They’ll go for the Glazers and Woodward. If I were them, I’d be backing Ole to the tune of hundreds of millions. The squad, particularly in midfield, needs this level of investment and it has to be spent wisely. Without it, supporters will just vote with their feet and blame them for all ills.
I'm torn because Ole should be doing better with what we have (some of the games we lost were inexcusable) but then I look at the players we have lost over the last 12 months. I think (hopefully) that the board are gonna spend big in the summer and are hoping we can ride it out. I want to see what happens in the summer. Whether Ole will be in place to oversee that investment will remain to be seen.

Adverbverbnoun

Nonce is the perfect insult. Insults nobody at all except actual nonces, so I'll stick with it cheers.

Presume you haven't heard the "fan cams are nonces" being chanted at OT then :lol:
Yes, the only people insulted may be "actual nonces", but they are not the only people involved in this crime. I assume you wouldn't use the word rapists as you'd understand victims might be affected, so please show other survivors some respect. Have a great day :)

Josep Dowling

Yes, the only people insulted may be "actual nonces", but they are not the only people involved in this crime. I assume you wouldn't use the word rapists as you'd understand victims might be affected, so please show other survivors some respect. Have a great day :)
Flipping heck grow a pair. How can you get offend by the word nonce? You must be the type that contacts Ofcom about Love Island.

L1nk

Guarantee a lot will back down now it looks like we'll sign Fernandes, just how a lot of the fans work

Adverbverbnoun

Flipping heck grow a pair. How can you get offend by the word nonce? You must be the type that contacts Ofcom about Love Island.
Not offended at all, did you read my post you quoted? I suggested people who were the victims of "nonces" might not want reminding of that on a football forum. Is that hard to understand? I'm not offended by the word, but coming onto a football forum I don't want to be reminded of horrible stuff from my past. But thanks, having to explain this has really helped.

This will never happen. A faction of the stretford end and east stand may do it but the majority will remain in the ground. It will still send a message I suppose but to ask a goobally supported club like United with a stadium that holds 75+k is just not going to happen.

I would join in on a mass walk out but I only go to OT about 5 times a year now... and that's because I now live about 20 mins walk away from OT.
Realistically there are fans who have held season tickets before the north stand was built and have seen the club in much worse states, and there are thousands of people who are relishing their first time at OT who wouldn't dream of leaving and then there are people who simply dont agree with leaving for multiple reasons.

A lower league club, this is possible. A club like united no chance.

We need a bunch of the MIB to turn up to Woodwards condo and cause havoc.
Think the police want a word...

Utdstar01

Idiots have gone too far with that. He may be an incompetent arse but it shouldn't come to that. Still, I hope voices are still heard on Saturday. Just because we may sign one player shouldn't change anything and doesn't change the fact that the board have been hugely negligent in the running of the club.

van Nistelrooy

Idiots have gone too far with that. He may be an incompetent arse but it shouldn't come to that. Still, I hope voices are still heard on Saturday. Just because we may sign one player shouldn't change anything and doesn't change the fact that the board have been hugely negligent in the running of the club.
I'll certainly be singing several rendtions of "build a bonfire..." and other current favourites.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Do not let Bruno or this Woodward incident (disgusting) distract from this.

Okey

Do not let Bruno or this Woodward incident (disgusting) distract from this.
Yes please. The stand still needs to be made. Bruno doesn't change that. The vandals don't really deserve a thought to be honest.

romufc

I think there wouldn't be as much toxicity if the people in charge were more open and honest with the fanbase. Woodward briefs the press about how strong in the market we are, how our scouting system has over 800 people scouted in every position and yet we can't find the 'right fit' according to Ole. We sell/loan/lose several important players without replacing them and now our thin squad is used as an excuse for our poor form. Both Woodward and Ole speak/brief as if we were idiots, they are fueling the fire.

I feel no connection with the club whatsoever, not with the people running it atleast. I have no faith in Woodward and sadly I'm losing faith in Oles 'good' intentions. More and more it feels like Ole is more concerned about his job than the club, which I don't blame him for it but I don't have to like it.

The amount of BS spewn from Ole the last couple of months has really left a bitter taste in my mouth and it will take a lot to get rid of it. It's sad because I've been a fan all my life, I've followed the club since the late 80's and I never thought I would feel this much hostility against almost everything the club says and does. I don't trust anything they say, absolutely nothing.
Exactly, Woodward and Ole in the last few months have not helped the cause by treating the fans like kids. It is so easy to see through what they say in the media.

Even if Ole came out and said look you know what I understand this is not good enough for Manutd. We are where we are and before we look for any short term fixes just to get back into champions league, we as a club would like a bit of patience this season so we can build from a strong footing in the summer once we have cleared the squad.

Then if they go onto explain that next season they would like to see top 3/4 then a title challenge with additions again, fans would understand. We have been patient for 7 years another 6 months wouldn't kill us.

We keep hearing money is available, we are doing great financially but what we see on the pitch is opposite to what is being said.

There has to be a plan and elements of it shared to the fans so we can understand what is going on.

Agreed with ole losing his good faith, but some days I think of it thinking he is doing everything for the long term betterment of Manutd, rather than demanding players for instant success.

We clearly needed a clear out before rebuilding but this needs to be conveyed better.

MikeeMike

Sorry but, a this walkout protest is strange. Firstly why travel to the game then leave as it will have no effect. Better just not go surely?

lsd

The Oracle
Anyone walks out after last night's event is a moron . It would only signal they agree with threats and intimidation by absolute nut jobs

Last night just ruined any legitimate protest at this time

Denis79

Exactly, Woodward and Ole in the last few months have not helped the cause by treating the fans like kids. It is so easy to see through what they say in the media.

Even if Ole came out and said look you know what I understand this is not good enough for Manutd. We are where we are and before we look for any short term fixes just to get back into champions league, we as a club would like a bit of patience this season so we can build from a strong footing in the summer once we have cleared the squad.

Then if they go onto explain that next season they would like to see top 3/4 then a title challenge with additions again, fans would understand. We have been patient for 7 years another 6 months wouldn't kill us.

We keep hearing money is available, we are doing great financially but what we see on the pitch is opposite to what is being said.

There has to be a plan and elements of it shared to the fans so we can understand what is going on.

Agreed with ole losing his good faith, but some days I think of it thinking he is doing everything for the long term betterment of Manutd, rather than demanding players for instant success.

We clearly needed a clear out before rebuilding but this needs to be conveyed better.
Well put, I don't understand why we have such poor communication between the club and fans, fear of damaging the brand?

Steven-UK

Anyone walks out after last night's event is a moron . It would only signal they agree with threats and intimidation by absolute nut jobs

Last night just ruined any legitimate protest at this time
Absolute nonsense. Let me guess, you don't pay much money going to watch this garbage, year in, year out?

Thought so...

I hope the walkout goes as planned, as a signal to the owners, and those who have director roles that fans will simply not tolerate the way the club is being run, from top to bottom.

It's like working all your life, going up the property ladder, only to have squatters take over your house whilst you are on holiday; and although you still have to pay the whopping mortgage, there is nothing legally you can do to eradicate the parasites from destroying what you have built up (financially and emotionally).

Last edited:

romufc

Well put, I don't understand why we have such poor communication between the club and fans, fear of damaging the brand?
I have no idea why, and how would this damage the brand moreso than all these protests?

If Ole and the board came out and laid a plan, I am sure most fans would understand given our patience over the years.

Instead of saying there is money, january is difficult.

Be truthful and say yes the injuries have set us back, but we do not want to sign someone for a short term fix, our plan is is to rebuild in the summer with 4/5 players. It is unfortunate with injuries and we neeed to see patience.

Relfy

Lads and Lasses who go week in week out can do what they want, though I am personally of the school of thought that leaving on 58th minute in the game where we commemorate the Busby Babes is a little distasteful. Literally any other game would have been a better choice for this.

The overall protests I am in agreement of, however there needs to be some actual unity, as well as deciding what the real end result needs to be. Some look at it as being against the Owners, others as Ed and some as the manager, as well as all the combinations too. The only way a successful campaign can be run is to have a single and clear vision and end result in sight, without it everyone is protesting for different things and it inevitably falls apart and no change comes of it.

Denis79

I have no idea why, and how would this damage the brand moreso than all these protests?

If Ole and the board came out and laid a plan, I am sure most fans would understand given our patience over the years.

Instead of saying there is money, january is difficult.

Be truthful and say yes the injuries have set us back, but we do not want to sign someone for a short term fix, our plan is is to rebuild in the summer with 4/5 players. It is unfortunate with injuries and we neeed to see patience.
Completely agree, the way things are now it will be difficult to sell the project to future players and staff when even the fanbase don't understand or maybe even believe in it. As much as I disliked Mourinho and I really did, atleast his tantrums painted the truth at times. Now it's just pure politics and generic talk around the club.

Fans who don't share the positive Glazer/Woodward view get shut off instantly on MUTV, social media from the club spew out propaganda, if we have a bad game, in rolls memories from the 90's, we have a good one it's raised to extreme heights.Look we aren't stupid.

Woodward briefing conflicting facts and Ole telling us how we've made strides because City fielded a strong team against us. This BS is on par with the politics before an general election.

It's a mess, the communication is so poor that it's no wonder some of the fanbase has turned toxic.

romufc

Completely agree, the way things are now it will be difficult to sell the project to future players and staff when even the fanbase don't understand or maybe even believe in it. As much as I disliked Mourinho and I really did, atleast his tantrums painted the truth at times. Now it's just pure politics and generic talk around the club.

Fans who don't share the positive Glazer/Woodward view get shut off instantly on MUTV, social media from the club spew out propaganda, if we have a bad game, in rolls memories from the 90's, we have a good one it's raised to extreme heights.Look we aren't stupid.

Woodward briefing conflicting facts and Ole telling us how we've made strides because City fielded a strong team against us. This BS is on par with the politics before an general election.

It's a mess, the communication is so poor that it's no wonder some of the fanbase has turned toxic.
Agree, Ole is definitely not helping himself here. Claiming City put a strong side has nothing to do with the strides we have made. They put a strongish team out in most games because they have the squad to do so.

It would be better him saying this team is a work in progress and City have shown us where we have to be. We got outplayed, shows how far this club has fallen and it is everyone's duty to get us back.

The fans know we have fallen, we can blame people all we like but the fans have some part in this too. it's not like we were all here moaning about Sanchez, Di Maria and the like. We have failed to find the right manager and players, Jose was a fan favourite before he became our manager.

Denis79

Agree, Ole is definitely not helping himself here. Claiming City put a strong side has nothing to do with the strides we have made. They put a strongish team out in most games because they have the squad to do so.

It would be better him saying this team is a work in progress and City have shown us where we have to be. We got outplayed, shows how far this club has fallen and it is everyone's duty to get us back.

The fans know we have fallen, we can blame people all we like but the fans have some part in this too. it's not like we were all here moaning about Sanchez, Di Maria and the like. We have failed to find the right manager and players, Jose was a fan favourite before he became our manager.
You're right, we play a big part in the as well. My personal belief is that all the players we bought were not as poor as they turned out to be. Because we ended up with a complete rebuilding job at the end of Moyes tenure, all our new signings were forced to be instant successes.

We didn't have any back-up for them to fall back on. We spent tons, yes, but never on equal terms with the other top clubs. They had established players in the background ready to step up and take over, giving the new signings time and breathing-space to settle and establish themselves in the squad. We on the other hand needed every single signing to be a success and instantly. I'm convinced that if we had given them a "normal" platform to perform on some of them would have done well here or atleast better than they did.

If/when Bruno Fernandez joins us we all know very well he'll be thrown straight in to the frying pan. He won't be given time to settle in before media and fans start looking at him with a magnifying glass. It's not the way to introduce new players.

Last edited:

romufc

You're right, we play a big part in the as well. My personal belief is that all the players we bought were not as poor as they turned out to be. Because we ended up with a complete rebuilding job at the end of Moyes tenure, all our new signings were forced to be instant successes.

We didn't have any back-up for them to fall back on. We spent tons, yes, but never on equal terms with the other top clubs. They had established players in the background ready to step up and take over, giving the new signings time and breathing-space to settle and establish themselves in the squad. We on the other hand needed every single signing to be a success and instantly. I'm convinced that if we had given them a "normal" platform to perform on some of them would have done well here or atleast better than they did.
Exactly, the Moyes tenure was just a disaster because that was the season to get younger players in and more players. Instead he upset the dressing room and all sorts bringing in Fellaini and Mata when we had Kagawa.

Have you read the article by Rio in respects to the Moyes era and how he unsettled the players?

Since then LVG was well backed but the signings were never given time. We have seen signings from abroad take 6 months to adapt generally and Di Maria, Memphis and the like never got that time.

Just look at Fred, and to a certain extent Rashford early this season when fans were calling him a championship striker.

Even with Bruno, I do not expect alot this season, it will be a good time to settle in for next.

Denis79

Exactly, the Moyes tenure was just a disaster because that was the season to get younger players in and more players. Instead he upset the dressing room and all sorts bringing in Fellaini and Mata when we had Kagawa.

Have you read the article by Rio in respects to the Moyes era and how he unsettled the players?

Since then LVG was well backed but the signings were never given time. We have seen signings from abroad take 6 months to adapt generally and Di Maria, Memphis and the like never got that time.

Just look at Fred, and to a certain extent Rashford early this season when fans were calling him a championship striker.

Even with Bruno, I do not expect alot this season, it will be a good time to settle in for next.
I read a lot around Moyes and his time here but which article are you referring to?

midnightmare

Out of interest, how much do the GlazierS take out in dividends every year?
23 Mn GBP is the annual payout in form of dividends. Look up the annual reports. They’re there on the website. This figure excludes management fees and compensations etc. as well as the interest they pay themselves on the senior secured notes.