Fans planning Old Trafford walkout

hp88

Walkouts are pathetic anyway. By definition you've purchased a ticket. That's all that matters.
Yep, only way of hurting them is to not renew in the first place but I doubt that would matter as there's always someone waiting to snap it up.

R'hllor

Walkouts arent pathetic, Liverpool fans done it after owners tried to rise ticket prices or what ever reason it was, they backed off after. My memory might be off a bit.

ravi2

I don't.
when you say "real ambition", do you mean top world class players, are we going to after Neymar, Mbappe etc -no we aren't. The transfers we will get will probably continue to be highly rated younger players like AWB and just slightly under the radar international footballers like Fernandes.Glazers are businessmen, here to make money, I'm under no illusions. Our transfers will also be goverened by what we bring back in on player sales and getting big wages of the bill. Getting a DOF would be our biggest transfer, but I don't see it happening. That's just going to be the way it is under this board, do I like it- no, but I'm a realist. To give you an example of the thought process of the way the Glazers and Woodward think. On Jan 21st, with a recent 2 nil defeat to liverpool still fresh, a thin squad decimated with injuries and seemingly no Jan transfers came in, out stocks rose, see Mark Ogden quote from his twitter account
For all the criticism directed at Ed Woodward recently, worth nothing that MUFC share price has gone from $15.33 in October to $20.25 today. That will always be a big tick in his favour with the Glazers. Safest man at Old Trafford.

I agree with you, for the time being Woodward is going nowhere.
The only thing in my opinion that will get him out is public pressure leading to sponsors & Glazers taking notice.
The only thing Ed and the Glazers really care about is the profit margin.

Our club is going nowhere with them in charge.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I was fully for this and I still want it to happen but for the sake of Bruno it’s maybe better to save it for a later date. Particularly if he starts and plays well.

clarkydaz

its awkward with the way the week has turned out, but it is live on sky, so the perfect platform to do it

laughtersassassin

I was fully for this and I still want it to happen but for the sake of Bruno it’s maybe better to save it for a later date. Particularly if he starts and plays well.
Nah mate. This is for the good of the club. To not do it cause of a transfer would be shallow.

RikRuud

If they actually go through with it then perhaps a thunderous applause at 58mins then the walkout at 59. Having said that I don't agree with the walk out.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Did you any of you guys get the MUST survey on this?
Yes

So they are proposing 68th min rather than 58th which makes more sense

I won't be there anyway but TBH don't think I would do either as I'm not into the whole idea but no issue with those who feel it's worthwhile

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Walkouts arent pathetic, Liverpool fans done it after owners tried to rise ticket prices or what ever reason it was, they backed off after. My memory might be off a bit.
That's correct.

Grande

To those weighing in with criticism about form or sensibility on the part of Bruno: I see where you're coming from. And yet, what will put pressure on the money men and the glory seekers (Glazers, Woodward, Board) is visible numbers. Sponsors sees that. I'm quite sure the Burnley footage was discussed in the boardroom with more sinceriry than the result or the play, or even the weather. If similar happens one more time, several times, it will not be an idle threat. To them, United is a brand, and a threat to the brand is a threat to their stakes.

Even though I'm actually for trusting Ole for a couple more years and love seeing the kids and the type of players we're turning towards, I'll gladly don Green and Gold next to guys who want Ole out and Williams and Rashford replaced with Dybala and Diego Costa, because we have a common main cause. I'll don rrd and white too, if that were the colours of choice for most. Right now it symbols Unitedness in a cause - taking ownership back of the club, and that's the main flag to plant now. I'm sure Bruno will agree in a few years time.

And to those using their two pence to peddle hopelessness: 'It's no use' etc ... if you want to sabotage change, that's the best way to do it. Defeatism is the biggest undermining power, though not the most honest. If you are at all sympathetic to the most general point of the endeavor, please keep it to yourself for a while. See what happens.

Suedesi

I don't.
when you say "real ambition", do you mean top world class players, are we going to after Neymar, Mbappe etc -no we aren't. The transfers we will get will probably continue to be highly rated younger players like AWB and just slightly under the radar international footballers like Fernandes.Glazers are businessmen, here to make money, I'm under no illusions. Our transfers will also be goverened by what we bring back in on player sales and getting big wages of the bill. Getting a DOF would be our biggest transfer, but I don't see it happening. That's just going to be the way it is under this board, do I like it- no, but I'm a realist. To give you an example of the thought process of the way the Glazers and Woodward think. On Jan 21st, with a recent 2 nil defeat to liverpool still fresh, a thin squad decimated with injuries and seemingly no Jan transfers came in, out stocks rose, see Mark Ogden quote from his twitter account
For all the criticism directed at Ed Woodward recently, worth nothing that MUFC share price has gone from $15.33 in October to $20.25 today. That will always be a big tick in his favour with the Glazers. Safest man at Old Trafford.
That's absurd. The stock price is at $18.99 today. In a month it could be down to $15 or back up to $20. It's absurd to make CEO decisions on the vagaries of stock price fluctuations. This discussion is above Mark Ogden's pay grade.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
This thread...

It sums up why the Glazers were able to take control in 2005, why the protests in 2010 failed and why we’re stuck with them for the foreseeable.

No match going fans are willing to get involved in the organisation, the singing section will bottle it under the guise of “getting behind the team...”

Fair play to the Scousers, Spirit of Shankly are horrible Munich singing tw**s but they know how to protest and get stuff done in their own ground.

Anyway, it’s still all ultimately pointless when everyone renews in May/June and you give them another £800

Neil67

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2021/22
Did you any of you guys get the MUST survey on this?
Yes I got it and filled it out, making them fully aware that I won’t be walking out! I’m in the TRA Section again, hopefully everyone in there will be there backing the lads on the pitch to the end!!

red4ever 79

Fully support anyone who is walking out. I see it has been changed to the 68th minute which is the right decision as this cannot be linked in any manner to the Munich tragic events. Good on the fans for arranging this, hope we see a lot of empty seats. It might only be a small act, but hopefully the start of a major campaign to either get rid of the Glazers and Woodward, or get them to change their ways.

red4ever 79

That's correct.
Arsenal fans did it as well during the last season of Wenger, actually they also stopped attending games under Wenger as well, which I assume will be the next step for Utd fans. We are going backwards under the regime of Woodward and the Glazers. The longer we allow it to continue, the further we will fall behind.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
68th minute? that's bollocks by the way. One more, just one more. 69 and it would be perfect, why miss out on something very important on days like these.

romufc

Anyway, it’s still all ultimately pointless when everyone renews in May/June and you give them another £800
Exactly, there is no point fans who are on social media and here creating noise when the season tickets are sold out in no time.

The club narrative is "small section of fans", this is because they are selling out in no time.

Alabaster Codify7

Exactly, there is no point fans who are on social media and here creating noise when the season tickets are sold out in no time.

The club narrative is "small section of fans", this is because they are selling out in no time.

Didn't the season ticket sales hit a bit of a rocky patch last time? I seem to recall posters claiming they were getting email prompts encouraging them to renew quickly, which hadn't happened before? Maybe I'm wrong. Plenty of empty seats this season lately though. Could get worse.

romufc

Didn't the season ticket sales hit a bit of a rocky patch last time? I seem to recall posters claiming they were getting email prompts encouraging them to renew quickly, which hadn't happened before? Maybe I'm wrong. Plenty of empty seats this season lately though. Could get worse.
I thought it was sold out pretty quick.

The empty seats are probably matchday tickets rather than season tickets tbh.

Hopefully they struggle this season to get people renewing.

Becks-7-

Supports
United & Eintracht Frankfurt
Bruno not even kicked the ball once in the united jersey and it is more important under which atmosphere he makes his first game than what has been going wrong for so many years?
I can understand the argument not to do it on the matchday that is closest to the 6th of February. Nothing else.

Tomb Bombadil

Supports
Arsenal
It's bigger than Bruno. Besides, he knows the state of the club he's joined anyway.
United are 1-0 behind and they some fresh ideas. There is the change in the 68min the new record january signing Bruno Fernandes is coming on for Jesse Lingard...

And then everybody is walking out.

Would be quite strange but of course he will know he's not the target. I mean now it has already started, so everybody who can/wants should do it.

Mufchuck

2000 or so fans walked out 15 years ago when the problem was first evident, and must also had some protests at the time and since. the ball should have taken momentum but got snagged on" look the other way and hope it goes away" so now the club is heading the way Leeds did years ago (maybe) . is it too late? the glazers could have paid off the loan but should have never been allowed to take over a club using it as a mortgage.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
United are 1-0 behind and they some fresh ideas. There is the change in the 68min the new record january signing Bruno Fernandes is coming on for Jesse Lingard...

And then everybody is walking out.

Would be quite strange but of course he will know he's not the target. I mean now it has already started, so everybody who can/wants should do it.
It's not about the match either. For the sake of 32 minutes of what might or might not happen in an isolated match, the media attention and scrutiny towards the brand which Glazers rely on is worth it.

Eleven-Eighteen

Walkouts aren't pointless and they sure as hell aren't pathetic. It's a statement of dissatisfaction, and the statement will ring loud and clear across the world.

Whoever is planning to participate, i strongly urge you to go through with it. I sure as hell would've done it

Bruno signing shouldn't take away from the fact that the Glazers and Woodward have mismanaged the shit out of this club, and show no signs of remorse or change whatsoever.

Lee565

Hopefully the fans follow through on this and dont forget about it just because we signed Fernandes, it doesnt change how poorly run this club is, for a start what the hell did the club think was going to happen going into a season with barely 2 strikers in the squad, how has it come to the point that we are scrambling around on deadline day in January scrapping the the bottom of the bin for a penny pinching deal.

Red00012

I only got the MUST email this morning planned protest is 68th minute. If Fernandes is left in reserve until the second half I can’t see the walkout going too well. I’ll be at the game, will be interesting to see what happens.

Share price is gone up I see since the signing or maybe it was the fireworks????

Lynty

Walkouts aren't pointless and they sure as hell aren't pathetic. It's a statement of dissatisfaction, and the statement will ring loud and clear across the world.

Whoever is planning to participate, i strongly urge you to go through with it. I sure as hell would've done it

Bruno signing shouldn't take away from the fact that the Glazers and Woodward have mismanaged the shit out of this club, and show no signs of remorse or change whatsoever.
My daughter wanted pizza for dinner. I'd already made lasagne and said no.

She stormed out of the kitchen and slammed her bedroom door in a statement of dissatisfaction.

I ordered pizza because I'm pathetic.

Okey

So...is this still on? Just seeking confirmation.