Fans planning Old Trafford walkout

Tel074

Anyone walks out after last night's event is a moron . It would only signal they agree with threats and intimidation by absolute nut jobs

Last night just ruined any legitimate protest at this time

This was my fear for Saturday's protest but calling people who will walk out morons is a bit heavy . I will walk out on Saturday but I posted last night giving my view that those idiots attacking Woodwards home might make every fan protesting look like we support those thugs which couldn't be further from the truth

Tel074

Absolute nonsense. Let me guess, you don't pay much money going to watch this garbage, year in, year out?

Thought so...

I hope the walkout goes as planned, as a signal to the owners, and those who have director roles that fans will simply not tolerate the way the club is being run, from top to bottom.

It's like working all your life, going up the property ladder, only to have squatters take over your house whilst you are on holiday; and although you still have to pay the whopping mortgage, there is nothing legally you can do to eradicate the parasites from destroying what you have built up (financially and emotionally).

Reading your message I can tell you are also a season ticket holder hahaa. No seriously I feel exactly like yourself as does the vast majority of our season ticket holders. We have had enough of our club being the laughing stock of the PL.
I can see by your post that you are a passionate fan and I will be walking out as I'm sure you will be yourself

romufc

Yeah he speaks about this in his autobiography as well, a good read if you haven't yet. incredible how the mindset of the manager can make such a difference.
Yep, talk about winning mentality. This is the same as players coming into a big club and what people say we are lacking.

Players to set standards for other players. Where we had players like Rio, Rooney, Carrick who set the standards very high in training to sometimes what I see a very jokey mood with certain players.

How many of this United team do you think works on their weaker foot, set pieces after training?

Denis79

Yep, talk about winning mentality. This is the same as players coming into a big club and what people say we are lacking.

Players to set standards for other players. Where we had players like Rio, Rooney, Carrick who set the standards very high in training to sometimes what I see a very jokey mood with certain players.

How many of this United team do you think works on their weaker foot, set pieces after training?
Just looking at us taking penalties I'd say none bar maybe Greenwood, boy seems very professional.

romufc

Just looking at us taking penalties I'd say none bar maybe Greenwood, boy seems very professional.
There are very encouraging signs from the lad. When we are looking at a team and a 18 year old seems the most professional shows where we are.

I thought that about James when he first came in, very lively tracking back and working hard.

I have noticed a drop in his intensity recently maybe he is tired or he is looking around and there is no one in the squad that sets standards?

JB7

Anyone walks out after last night's event is a moron . It would only signal they agree with threats and intimidation by absolute nut jobs

Last night just ruined any legitimate protest at this time
Firstly, this "walk out" isn't happening. It's a ridiculous idea, scheduled for totally the wrong date/game and dreamt up by people that have no clue what 1958 meant to Manchester United supporters and probably wouldn't be within a million miles of Old Trafford on a match day anyway and as such are irrelevant to any such "walk out".

Secondly, if it was a properly planned event, last nights events would make no difference. If anything it would probably gain traction. I fully expect the Woodward/Glazer songs to be louder than ever on Saturday.

Denis79

There are very encouraging signs from the lad. When we are looking at a team and a 18 year old seems the most professional shows where we are.

I thought that about James when he first came in, very lively tracking back and working hard.

I have noticed a drop in his intensity recently maybe he is tired or he is looking around and there is no one in the squad that sets standards?
That could very well be the case, Let's be honest, Pogba arguably our best player, world-cup winner etc doesn't seem like the best role-model for the younger players. The players that actually act the most professional are the younger academy lads, as you wrote, that says a lot.

A buddy of mine who is a Everton fan made a good point a few weeks back. How we looked so much more professional on the pitch when Ibrahimovic was here, not because of his qualities as a player but his professional approach to training, fitness and football in general. On top of that he is/was a strong personality and leader both on and off the pitch.

When it comes to James, I just believe he needs some rest, both physical and mental. We've used him as if he was a ready made superstar, he needs to be given time and patience.

romufc

That could very well be the case, Let's be honest, Pogba arguably our best player, world-cup winner etc doesn't seem like the best role-model for the younger players. The players that actually act the most professional are the younger academy lads, as you wrote, that says a lot.

A buddy of mine who is a Everton fan made a good point a few weeks back. How we looked so much more professional on the pitch when Ibrahimovic was here, not because of his qualities as a player but his professional approach to training, fitness and football in general. On top of that he is/was a strong personality and leader both on and off the pitch.

When it comes to James, I just believe he needs some rest, both physical and mental. We've used him as if he was a ready made superstar, he needs to be given time and patience.
Yep, we cannot have a player who is so talented yet is a so lazy. Pogba is naturally talented and has natural ability so probably feels he doesnt need to work as hard.

But we have seen with a certain Ronaldo that if you have the hunger and drive, talent only takes you so far, to become the best you have to work for it.

That is a very good point because I remember, some games we would be playing bad or losing and Zlatan shouting on the pitch which gets everyone to up their game. We need to find those players who will be a good influence.

I agree in respects to James, he needs a rest and a step back to assess how he can improve now that defenders know how he plays.

poleglass red

Hey Bruno welcome to the famous Utd, where fans are walking out in protest as the running of the club. I hope this signing puts an end to this nonsense. I think with the backlash from the Wooward house incident, that maybe this protest will be put on the backburner. There's a bit of a feel good factor with the signing and the performance v City, take that into next game and run with it. Fans were rightly frustrated with the length of time the Fernandes deal was taking, but if the numbers released are accurate we've got a great deal in terms of fee and wages.

ravi2

Hey Bruno welcome to the famous Utd, where fans are walking out in protest as the running of the club. I hope this signing puts an end to this nonsense. I think with the backlash from the Wooward house incident, that maybe this protest will be put on the backburner. There's a bit of a feel good factor with the signing and the performance v City, take that into next game and run with it. Fans were rightly frustrated with the length of time the Fernandes deal was taking, but if the numbers released are accurate we've got a great deal in terms of fee and wages.
Yeah you are right. We just signed Bruno so we should forget about the last few years of incompetence and mismanagement. Good times are surely right around the corner now.

poleglass red

Talking about role models, Lee O Connor, former youth player who we sold to Celtic last season mentioned in a recent interview that Mata was the perfect role model for the younger players:
“They’re all world class players but for me, the person that stood out in training was Juan Mata. He was fantastic. He was a model pro every day and he has really stuck in my mind. I couldn’t get near him!"
It's maybe stuff like that this that we don't see is why clubs hold onto certain players. I was a little surprised that Mata was given his last contract extension, but if he can help in this regard as well as on the pitch when needed. We've a young team so having players who have won it all and still show this desire is beneficial to the progress of some of the talented younger players we have.

poleglass red

Yeah you are right. We just signed Bruno so we should forget about the last few years of incompetence and mismanagement. Good times are surely right around the corner now.
the protest was in a large part annoyance at the length of time that deal was taking. It was the final straw for many, but it's been resolved.I don't see any benefit to walking out esp when we need to win games. We've shown intent with this signing, we will surely upgrade players in the summer, we've our best player back in Feb, so yeah it will improve. Are you going to the game and walking out?

Denis79

Talking about role models, Lee O Connor, former youth player who we sold to Celtic last season mentioned in a recent interview that Mata was the perfect role model for the younger players:
“They’re all world class players but for me, the person that stood out in training was Juan Mata. He was fantastic. He was a model pro every day and he has really stuck in my mind. I couldn’t get near him!"
It's maybe stuff like that this that we don't see is why clubs hold onto certain players. I was a little surprised that Mata was given his last contract extension, but if he can help in this regard as well as on the pitch when needed. We've a young team so having players who have won it all and still show this desire is beneficial to the progress of some of the talented younger players we have.
Not surprised at all about Mata and you're right, It's worth keeping a player for more reasons than just what he does on the pitch. If Mata's influence instills a winner attitude in our young players it's worth a lot having him around.

AaronRedDevil

It is and thats the part I dislike, protest all you want but not by bring Munich in to it.
Agreed. I don’t mind the walk out because I get it. But it Seems distasteful and disrespectful to walk out on the 58th min as a team that died for this club. Any other game or time would have been better.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
the protest was in a large part annoyance at the length of time that deal was taking. It was the final straw for many, but it's been resolved.I don't see any benefit to walking out esp when we need to win games. We've shown intent with this signing, we will surely upgrade players in the summer, we've our best player back in Feb, so yeah it will improve. Are you going to the game and walking out?
What you on about? The protests are feck all to do with Bruno.

poleglass red

What you on about? The protests are feck all to do with Bruno.
of course it was. fans have been upset obviously at running of club for a long term, but the apparent lack of activity in this window was the straw that broke the camels back. That's pretty common knowledge, I'm not revealing any earth shattering news here lad.

redshaw

With Bruno signing I'd like to see a positive atmosphere and no walk out for the new player whether he plays or is in the stadium.

Not trying to say the board and owners are let off the hook with the one signing. I'm hoping he can play at some point on Saturday and the crowd get behind him and the team before the winter break.

I expect a few will protest though.

Bruno comes from a depressing situation at Sporting CP, you could say he's played through it well and it's many times worse but I think we should start his Premier League experience with a buzzing atmosphere

Last edited:

JoaquinJoaquin

Bruno, who has came from a club where the fans attacked the players and often throw smoke bombs on to the pitch.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
of course it was. fans have been upset obviously at running of club for a long term, but the apparent lack of activity in this window was the straw that broke the camels back. That's pretty common knowledge, I'm not revealing any earth shattering news here lad.
So you think signing Bruno is like waiving a magic wand and we should all be happy now and not protest against the shambolic running of the club? How incredibly thick.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
That's a really short-term view of a long- term problem. If anything, it'll show that fans feelings run deeper than a shiny, new toy.

Alabaster Codify7

My word, what horseshit.

ravi2

You really think the protest has anything to do with Bruno?
What in the last few years of transfer activity leads you to believe 'we will surely upgrade players in the summer'?

It is hard to take you seriously with posts like this.

Tel074

If you

If you believe there is a feel good factor around OT because of this signing then I'm guessing you sit at home watching football . This signing will not stop fans from being unhappy and protesting peacefully and rightly so .

While Fernandes might well turn out to be a good signing the club is light years behind where we should be .

poleglass red

Unbelievable.
read the whole post before commenting, "It was the final straw for many". Fans biggest issue is with Woodward being involved in transfers, we need a DOF. This deal with a club looking to sell and us looking to buy taking a month highlighted for many his weakness in this aspect of the game.This protest gained more traction when it appeared the deal was dead. Not the sole reason for the protest and never said it was but it was a tipping point for many

OleBoiii

It is and thats the part I dislike, protest all you want but not by bring Munich in to it.
Agreed. Terrible call to bring up Munich. It makes us supporters look bad.

I'm more than fine with the walkout itself, though. Would have done the same if I was a season ticket holder.

poleglass red

If you

If you believe there is a feel good factor around OT because of this signing then I'm guessing you sit at home watching football . This signing will not stop fans from being unhappy and protesting peacefully and rightly so .

While Fernandes might well turn out to be a good signing the club is light years behind where we should be .
with the decent performance v City were many of us feared the worst, much needed added creativity added to mid with Fernandes and Pogba returning. McTominay back in training also. I said a bit of feel good factor returning. Any new signing brings that inintially. Not for one sec am I suggesting that we are anywhere near where we need to be, far from it.

ROFLUTION

My word, what horseshit.
But this is like looking at our problems and solutions very up close, isnt it? Looking at the bigger picture, we are so far from where Manchester United should be. The depth of the squad is terrible, the overall decisions has been horrible, and we're yet to see if we will spend in the summer for what we actually need to get us back on top or if we will penny pinch. For what we know, the Bruno money could just as well come from a Pogba-sale too.

JB7

Nobody is walking out. It was a terrible idea. How is this thread still alive?

poleglass red

You really think the protest has anything to do with Bruno?
What in the last few years of transfer activity leads you to believe 'we will surely upgrade players in the summer'?

It is hard to take you seriously with posts like this.
we broke transfer fee for Maguire, paid top coin for a young right back in summer and just bought a goalscoring, creative mid in Jan, a notoriously difficult window to acquire talent in. Pogba will leave in the summer probably. Our squad depth is poor, Ole has had two transfer windows, you seriously think we won't upgrade in the summer. Maybe take heed of your own advice.

Tel074

with the decent performance v City were many of us feared the worst, much needed added creativity added to mid with Fernandes and Pogba returning. McTominay back in training also. I said a bit of feel good factor returning. Any new signing brings that inintially. Not for one sec am I suggesting that we are anywhere near where we need to be, far from it.
Yeah I agree it's good to get Fernandes and getting Pogba back also would be massive but the feelings us match going fans have towards those leeches won't be quelled by one signing or 5 new players .

Lynty

Walkouts are pathetic anyway. By definition you've purchased a ticket. That's all that matters.

ravi2

we broke transfer fee for Maguire, paid top coin for a young right back in summer and just bought a goalscoring, creative mid in Jan, a notoriously difficult window to acquire talent in. Pogba will leave in the summer probably. Our squad depth is poor, Ole has had two transfer windows, you seriously think we won't upgrade in the summer. Maybe take heed of your own advice.
if you think we are going to show real ambition in the transfer market this summer then I have a bridge id like to sell to you
Youll learn in time how this club is run in the Glazer era.

I have no problem with you, I used to have faith in the upper management of United as well.

Last edited:

Caliban

Bad timing this walk out now in terms of Bruno having finally arrived. I know, i know, It doesn`t matter the club is bigger than any player, blablabla, but with heavy heart many will miss out his likely debut vs Wolves .. some will probably be conflicted

poleglass red

if you think we are going to show real ambition in the transfer market this summer then I have a bridge id like to sell to you
Youll learn in time how this club is run in the Glazer era.

I have no problem with you, I used to have faith in the upper management of United as well.
I don't.
when you say "real ambition", do you mean top world class players, are we going to after Neymar, Mbappe etc -no we aren't. The transfers we will get will probably continue to be highly rated younger players like AWB and just slightly under the radar international footballers like Fernandes.Glazers are businessmen, here to make money, I'm under no illusions. Our transfers will also be goverened by what we bring back in on player sales and getting big wages of the bill. Getting a DOF would be our biggest transfer, but I don't see it happening. That's just going to be the way it is under this board, do I like it- no, but I'm a realist. To give you an example of the thought process of the way the Glazers and Woodward think. On Jan 21st, with a recent 2 nil defeat to liverpool still fresh, a thin squad decimated with injuries and seemingly no Jan transfers came in, out stocks rose, see Mark Ogden quote from his twitter account
For all the criticism directed at Ed Woodward recently, worth nothing that MUFC share price has gone from $15.33 in October to $20.25 today. That will always be a big tick in his favour with the Glazers. Safest man at Old Trafford.