Fantasy Football 2016/2017

Jig1234

I was trying to find a thread for this but I don't think there is one yet. I think it's nicer to have a new thread for a new season.

I was hoping we could do another season of RedCafe Fantasy League on - fantasy.premierleague.com (When site launches this week).

BarstoolProphet

Hate this waiting game. Already nine days after last year's launch date. Doesn't help that the FPL Twitter account is such a tease.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Yeah, really pissing me off, having to wait.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I'm in this year.

How many played last year?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The defending champion is back. Hoping for a bit more competition this year.

Reynoldo

Oh man this is so much fun already and we haven't even signed Pogba yet :drool:

Edit: Also Martial is in midfield so have fun trying to get Mhki, Martial and Pogs in there :lol:

m1y2

was hoping Miky to be under 10.. think 9.5 is a good price for a player who managed 22 goals and 35 assists last year in bundesliga.
I will go for Mane as well and at least one united defender..

Zlatan at 11.5 might be a good value as well, he will be on penalties and play 90% of games when fit IMO

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It's so bloody hard this year. For the last few years, I been ignoring United players (bar DDG) so easier to fill in but now I'm interested in Zlatan, Miky, Martial and DDG. None of these are cheap though. Add in a few players that are guaranteed points (Aguero, Alderweirald, Sanchez) and you have a problem.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Given how crazy the PL was last season it was hard work picking a side this year, went for mainly Leicester, City, Everton, United (though not ones you'd expect) and Middlesborough players as I think those teams will have the best start

Panther

My team

Not really a big focus on defenders but my midfield is very creative.

Is there a league up yet for here?

Runner

I finish around 22,000 last year in my first FPL season which involved a lot of beginner's luck. Looking forward to this year although it's been very difficult to pick players with so many good options available.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Is making a good team genuinely harder, or am I the only one feeling so?
Every average player has had his value increased. Even players, that won't be picked by most and are likely to be subs, Ihaenacho, Rashford are pretty expensive

Jig1234

The wait was killing me. Great to see the site finally launch.

An Official RedCafe public league would be great.

BTW: Why is Martial classed as a midfielder???

Panther

The wait was killing me. Great to see the site finally launch.

An Official RedCafe public league would be great.

BTW: Why is Martial classed as a midfielder???
Probably because he played most games on the left side of midfield last season.

AkaAkuma

How many points was a defenders clean sheet last year? Its 4 this year, im sure it was 3 last year.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
How many points was a defenders clean sheet last year? Its 4 this year, im sure it was 3 last year.
Always been 4. 3 for assist.

Anybody found anything of good value? Costa at 9.5 stands out for me if he stays. Coutinho at 8 and Martial as a midfielder also worth keeping an eye on. In contrast I think I will be avoiding Jamie Vardy at 10!

AkaAkuma

Not sure the first squad is so important, you need a couple of weeks to see who is hitting form.

m1y2

My team

how did you actually share the image from the side, you made a print screen, there is no option to share, which is a bit lame or I can't find it

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
My team

I know you said so, but fecking hell mate that's the worst Fantasy Team defence I've ever seen.

Panther

I know you said so, but fecking hell mate that's the worst Fantasy Team defence I've ever seen.
I had to choose very cheap defenders in order to fit in goalscorers and creative players into my team. They get more points than defenders so as long as they don't flop. Plus I think Burnley will be good defensively and Keane will get quite a few points or he'll move to Leicester and Dann scores 4 or 5 a season from set pieces.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
What have they done to the website graphics? I'm never a designer snob but it looks hideous right now.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Is it better to pick a dead good first 11 then shitty players to fill the other positions, or round it out? Ages since I've done this.

Carroll at 6.5 seems like a good sub but is it even worth it when I could put a 4.5 there?

Also, does it put subs on automatically like it used to?

Last edited:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Is it better to pick a dead good first 11 then shitty players to fill the other positions, or round it out? Ages since I've done this.

Carroll at 6.5 seems like a good sub but is it even worth it when I could put a 4.5 there?

Also, does it put subs on automatically like it used to?
What are you going to do to with injuries if 2 players get injured? Play shitty subs or get point deduction for transfers?

You have to have a playable bench for the most part. You can skimp on a backup goalkeeper but his price will probably decrease if you do leaving you shorter on cash.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
What are you going to do to with injuries if 2 players get injured? Play shitty subs or get point deduction for transfers?

You have to have a playable bench for the most part. You can skimp on a backup goalkeeper but his price will probably decrease if you do leaving you shorter on cash.
I remember last time I played I went for a nice rounded team, then watched those that went all guns blazing on two strikers stomp away with it :(