Fantasy Football 2016/2017

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
How's the Last Man Standing league looking? I saw @DanNistelrooy has a tasty 150 point haul already, must be close at the bottom.

Not a bad week for me, 115 so far with a Kane, Alli and a few Southampton players to go. Captained Jesus and had Sanchez also. Secured top spot in my money league :keano:
Last Man Standing final - current standings:

1. DanNistelrooy.......................... 148 (Yoshida, Verthongen, Eriksen, Albrighton, Kane)
  2. Zlat’s Entertainment 134 (-4)..... 130 (Davies, Alli, Albrighton, Kane)
  3. ex0d0 133 (-4)......................... 129 (Albrighton, Kane)
  4. Æda Bæda .............................. 119 (Bertrand, Walker, Eriksen)

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
So I have De Gea, Yoshida, Stephens and Gabbiadini in my team - I suspect neither of them will play tonight which is just wonderful.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I had Kompany and Caballero. Not even a single CS. :mad:
in hindsight I got away with it, as Nyom of all people got an assist to make up for the dropped Cab points.

2 defenders losing a cleany late on is harsh

City are an infuriating team though. Will lash a team and often concede late on

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So I have De Gea, Yoshida, Stephens and Gabbiadini in my team - I suspect neither of them will play tonight which is just wonderful.
Wrong on the 3 Soton mate, all start.

In fact so far so good.... I have WP, Yoshy, Gabby and Bailly - all start

Rivals have De Gea, Herrera, Rashford - don't start

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Wrong on the 3 Soton mate, all start.

In fact so far so good.... I have WP, Yoshy, Gabby and Bailly - all start

Rivals have De Gea, Herrera, Rashford - don't start
Yes, got that one pretty wrong didn't I?

Read on a Saints forum how they may be out / dropped.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yes, got that one pretty wrong didn't I?

Read on on a Saints forum how they may be out / dropped.
I definitely feared the same! Although it's a slightly awkward scenario with Gabby v United.

Though we all know really we just have to get this game done without injury,

Goodness knows the state of Sunday's team! So glad I palmed my tickets off!

Sparky Rhiwabon

I definitely feared the same! Although it's a slightly awkward scenario with Gabby v United.

Though we all know really we just have to get this game done without injury,

Goodness knows the state of Sunday's team! So glad I palmed my tickets off!
It's OK, we've secured 6th place already!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Are you sure you're not looking at the live score during games??
Nah. I'm guessing it was just a random late bonus point or something.

Clean sheet from Forster cancels out the Gabbi pen although annoying that De Gea wasn't in goal to save it.

Just Kane and Alli left for me. Comfortably in third now but can't really make up ground on the top 2 who have Spurs players as captain.

Probably Baines>Matip for the last gw and captain Sanchez (which neither of the top 2 have).

devil in me

Thank you Harry, just sent me top of my leagu for the first time this season! Now to pick the right captain on Sunday...

Red Star One

My head to head tie. I have a healthy lead over my rival, only one difference between us today - I got Davies, he has Son. I was quite comfortable before the game, then Son scores two and assists another, Davies loses his clean sheet. I'm on 180 points, but my rival is one point better. Fuming. Davies grabs an assist in '93 minute. I love this game.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
My head to head tie. I have a healthy lead over my rival, only one difference between us today - I got Davies, he has Son. I was quite comfortable before the game, then Son scores two and assists another, Davies loses his clean sheet. I'm on 180 points, but my rival is one point better. Fuming. Davies grabs an assist in '93 minute. I love this game.
Was I the only one who read this in Patrice Evra's voice?

AgentP

I made the worst blunder in fpl history by taking off Kane for Costa last week. I made him captain as well. What was I thinking :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Holy feck. Was out last night so didn't see the score. I've gone from 57 to 97 points :lol:

Who to captain for this weekend now....Jesus or Kane?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Last Man Standing final:

1. DanNistelrooy.......................... 190

-----------------------------------

2. Zlat’s Entertainment 178 (-4)..... 174
  3. ex0d0 166 (-4)......................... 162
  4. Æda Bæda .............................. 127

Congratulations @DanNistelrooy, you are the Redcafe Last Man Standing.

Please excuse my horrible editing skills.

kps88

I have an 18 point lead over 2nd place in my mini league going into the final GW. Our teams are fairly similar except for 3-4 players. Do people think it's worth taking a hit in order to cover some of my opponent's more dangerous players? For example, taking a -4 to get in Alonso means my lead becomes 14 but I've covered myself better in case Alonso does well. Does that logic make sense?

Reynoldo

I have an 18 point lead over 2nd place in my mini league going into the final GW. Our teams are fairly similar except for 3-4 players. Do people think it's worth taking a hit in order to cover some of my opponent's more dangerous players? For example, taking a -4 to get in Alonso means my lead becomes 14 but I've covered myself better in case Alonso does well. Does that logic make sense?
All bets are off for the last day of the season. I'd be cautious if I were you as points on the board at this stage are vital.

devil in me

Im in exactly the same boat. My defence is a bit crap compared to the ones behind me but im no way taking hits this week. If you take a 4 point hit then whoever you bring in needs to do something to justify the points! Although a chelsea clean sheet is pretty much guarenteed...

coolredwine

lameredboots
Im in exactly the same boat. My defence is a bit crap compared to the ones behind me but im no way taking hits this week. If you take a 4 point hit then whoever you bring in needs to do something to justify the points! Although a chelsea clean sheet is pretty much guarenteed...
On the contrary, I am taking a -4 hit this GW. I have Hazard, who I need to ship out, so bringing in Coutinho. Then I have Matip in for Pieters.

My problem is that I also have Rashford, and given that he won't start, I am stuck in the dilemma of keeping him or taking another hit. (Thing being, I will play the bench boost this GW. So all the players should be amongst some points at least)

kps88

My thinking is even if the player I get in doesn't get points, it's no big deal considering I have an 18 point lead and my direct opponent will also have the same player. So I'm basically reducing my lead to 14 points in exchange for the chance to limit the damage of someone like Alonso scoring big. Looking at both our teams, his main route to victory is Alonso and Costa going crazy against Sunderland, which is very possible.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
On the contrary, I am taking a -4 hit this GW. I have Hazard, who I need to ship out, so bringing in Coutinho. Then I have Matip in for Pieters.

My problem is that I also have Rashford, and given that he won't start, I am stuck in the dilemma of keeping him or taking another hit. (Thing being, I will play the bench boost this GW. So all the players should be amongst some points at least)
Why do you need to ship Hazard out when they're playing Sunderland? Have I missed something?

devil in me

My thinking is even if the player I get in doesn't get points, it's no big deal considering I have an 18 point lead and my direct opponent will also have the same player. So I'm basically reducing my lead to 14 points in exchange for the chance to limit the damage of someone like Alonso scoring big. Looking at both our teams, his main route to victory is Alonso and Costa going crazy against Sunderland, which is very possible.
Yeah i see what youre saying. Youve made me think now!

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Last Man Standing final:

1. DanNistelrooy.......................... 190

-----------------------------------

2. Zlat’s Entertainment 178 (-4)..... 174
  3. ex0d0 166 (-4)......................... 162
  4. Æda Bæda .............................. 127

Congratulations @DanNistelrooy, you are the Redcafe Last Man Standing.

Please excuse my horrible editing skills.
Been away with work so just catching up on all of this. 190 is far and away my best ever score on a week so I guess I'm a little fortunate I saved that for the final.

Have never been part of a league like this but really enjoyed following it. Thanks for organising it mate... Now what's my prize ? :keano: