Fantasy Football 2016/2017

Red Star One

Who do you think is more likely to start tomorrow, Alli or Hazard? I'm dropping one for Coutinho and not sure what to do... Conte might actually go with a strong team and Alli is due a rest, no?

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Who do you think is more likely to start tomorrow, Alli or Hazard? I'm dropping one for Coutinho and not sure what to do... Conte might actually go with a strong team and Alli is due a rest, no?
I'd have thought Hazard is more likely to be rested before the cup final. This is Spurs last game of the season, right? Can't see them resting anyone.

I can't decide who to sub out. Hazard, Sterling, Costa, one of my Arsenal defenders?

Zii

In my private league I was 300 Points behind, I clawed my way back up to 2 points ahead and last week he went and got 204 points and I got 140. Sigh

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Been away with work so just catching up on all of this. 190 is far and away my best ever score on a week so I guess I'm a little fortunate I saved that for the final.

Have never been part of a league like this but really enjoyed following it. Thanks for organising it mate... Now what's my prize ? :keano:
@Damien - tagline potential for winning the LMS?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Question is, is Origi a safer bet than the bag of crap that has become Manolo Gabbiadini?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Not owning Kane has absolutely murdered me over the last two games.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Chose Coutinho as the captain although I have Sanchez, Kane, Alli in the team. Played the bench boost and 3 of the players in my team won't feature at all. :lol:

Disappointing me, even on the last day.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Triple captain Kane:drool:.
Come on Harry score a couple of more goals

IrishRedDevil

101 points this GW and top of my mini league. £140 up.

All the more sweeter as one of my mates lead the league for 37 weeks and I leapfrogged him this weekend :drool:

Last edited:

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Triple captain Kane:drool:.
Come on Harry score a couple of more goals
Me too :cool: Still a bit bitter sweet as I'd have done much better with Sanchez as triple cap last week if I hadn't forgotten :mad:

Ah well never mind, I've won my league that pays out. Now to see how many people have actually paid up....

Zii

Came last in my league, but next year is my year, WE GO AGAIN :devil:

coolredwine

lameredboots
105 points. Could have been better had I not taken the -4 hit. But oh, well.

Could be my best season in terms of overall rankings though.

SirMattBugsby

Not owning Kane has absolutely murdered me over the last two games.
Yup, me too. I'm going to buy him first thing next season and never drop. He'll be my next Aguero (or Hazard for this season).

On a side note, did anyone keep a player for the whole season? It kinda works..

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Nice finish and jumped to second place in my work league. Looks like the dude who I leap frogged actually played his wildcard and made such great transfers as Pedro to Can, Eriksen to King and Kane to Rooney :houllier::lol:

Yup, me too. I'm going to buy him first thing next season and never drop. He'll be my next Aguero (or Hazard for this season).

The woman that won our work league is a Spurs fan and she kept Kane & Alli in all season even when he was injured. She triple captained Kane on the last day and romped home with it. Fully deserved.

Yateley Red

2,157 points this year and inside the top 120k. Had better and worst years but it was enough to beat my 3 brothers and scoop £100 :)

Made 77 transfers,; a lot of them were a complete waste so need to focus on that next year.

SirMattBugsby

The woman that won our work league is a Spurs fan and she kept Kane & Alli in all season even when he was injured. She triple captained Kane on the last day and romped home with it. Fully deserved.
Also makes me question repeated transferring of players. This season, I made a strict initial policy to change players after every 2 weeks and got good results. Next, I'm probably going to try even longer term.

The constant chopping and changing is what usually leads to "Dropped Defoe after 2 barren weeks and he scores two." The only weekly changes really needed are captaincy, subs and maybe transfer of a minor player.

Another plus would be me not obsessing over a silly transfer while working :wenger:

Thunderhead

Supports
City
2,157 points this year and inside the top 120k. Had better and worst years but it was enough to beat my 3 brothers and scoop £100 :)

Made 77 transfers,; a lot of them were a complete waste so need to focus on that next year.

how do you see how many transfers you made over a season?

I ended up close to you on 2,161, which was enough to get me 8th in the work cash league out of 70odd so I make about £20 profit, think the only ever present in my squad was Capoue cos he was dirt cheap at the start of the season.

my first week XI was a shocker, thought Ibe, Stones and Mahrez would have been miles better, think I played my wildcard in week 3

akupovic

Pieters - Shaw - Stones -

Ibe - Tadic - Hazard - Mahrez

Agüero - Vardy - Long

Butland
Capoue
Funes Mori
Kingsley

Red_Beans

Valencia, Evans and Walker for me. In general I do try keep players for as long as possible though. I had Lukaku from about the fourth gameweek throughout for instance

Nickosaur

Not a great season for me, just ranking in under the 300k mark. Still somehow managed to come in the top 3 in both my mates' league and my office league, so not a complete shambles.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Well, I regret making as many transfers as I did, because I was 5 points off top in my work league. Still third, because there was a joint first! Didn't think it would be that close.

Both those people don't know about football....one just picked names they recognised, and one picked the third top player and down for theirs. Both didn't make a single change all season.

SteveTheRed

Heaton was my no.1 all season which worked well. Sanchez and Lukaku were in the team for probably 75% of the season. Made 40 transfers for the season which is pretty good going for me, definitely works if you stick by players.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
As this year's version is out imminently, I thought i'd pick some of your brains about possible ideas for the league I run at work.

I've tried to move away from the standard top few get all the money, as some of the lower ranked were getting cheesed off. We used to have monthly prizes/winners too, but those tended to go to the ones who'd win overall.

Last couple of years I've made "cups", with random draws, and almost champions league draws to spice it up. Worked decently, as complete randoms won, and it gave them a reason to keep interested after the league positions were going to be impossible to win from.

However, new season, new ideas. What other way can I spice the league up?
Some sort of Scotland esque set up where the league cuts in 2 at a certain date is one idea.

Nakhon Phanom

As this year's version is out imminently, I thought i'd pick some of your brains about possible ideas for the league I run at work.

I've tried to move away from the standard top few get all the money, as some of the lower ranked were getting cheesed off. We used to have monthly prizes/winners too, but those tended to go to the ones who'd win overall.

Last couple of years I've made "cups", with random draws, and almost champions league draws to spice it up. Worked decently, as complete randoms won, and it gave them a reason to keep interested after the league positions were going to be impossible to win from.

However, new season, new ideas. What other way can I spice the league up?
Some sort of Scotland esque set up where the league cuts in 2 at a certain date is one idea.
Its a tricky one.At the start of the season everyone is mad keen but as there team starts to go nowhere around 30% have given up by the end of January.
The Scottish type cut off is a good idea and I've thought of splitting the league into two at the end of the season with the top half in League 1 and the bottom half in League 2.
The following season have promotion and relegation.......the bottom 10 get relegated from League 1 and the top 10 get promoted from League 2 (assuming,say,you have 30 plus players in each league).
The drawback,as I see it,could be the winner of League 2 gets more points than the winner of League 1 but promotion/avoiding relegation might spice it up for those just ambling along.