Fantasy Football 2017/18

Runner

He might get some clean sheet points but Valencia is by far a better shout for assists and those clean sheets? Wish I could squeeze him in but something has to give when your front line has Kane and Lukaku :wenger:
Last season Alonso was a beast! Although i'll be surprised if he scores that highly again.
Valencia: 1 goal, 3 assists, 12 clean sheets, 9 bonus points | total points 120
Alonso: 6 goals, 5 assists, 15 clean sheets, 11 bonus points | total points 177 (surpassed only by Cahill 178)

I'm torn on spending £7m on a defender or strengthening my midfield. There's a lot of good midfield options for £6.0-£7.5
tough decisions lie ahead :(

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Last season Alonso was a beast! Although i'll be surprised if he scores that highly again.
Valencia: 1 goal, 3 assists, 12 clean sheets, 9 bonus points | total points 120
Alonso: 6 goals, 5 assists, 15 clean sheets, 11 bonus points | total points 177 (surpassed only by Cahill 178)

I'm torn on spending £7m on a defender or strengthening my midfield. There's a lot of good midfield options for £6.0-£7.5
tough decisions lie ahead :(
If definitely seems more difficult to pick a team this year

laughtersassassin

Says i don't have permission to join despite being in it last season. Can anyone help me out with the code?

Dazzmondo

Yeah, Hernandez' 7.0 price has pretty much made him must buy. Probably the best value in this season's game so far

Skåre Willoch

Chicha allows a better mid-range player for MF. I'm thinking Sigurdsson at 8,5 for Pogba at 8 or Fabregas at 7. Thoughts?

SteveTheRed

Yeah, Hernandez' 7.0 price has pretty much made him must buy. Probably the best value in this season's game so far
Not a great start of fixtures west ham though, 3 away games. I will wait until GW4-5 to see if he is worth it. Perfect time for a Wild Card.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Think I've got a good all round base to work with. Question marks over Austin for Jay Rodriguez and utilising the .5m saved elsewhere or Hernandez as a starter vs another striker instead of a GWK2 transfer but as a starter squad, I think I've got a good range of point scorers that have favourable fixtures nice and early. Not enough set piece coverage yet though.

De Gea
Cedric Evans Trippier
Mane Willian Alli KDB
Austin Lukaku Hernandez

Hart Hefele Loftus-Cheek Dunk

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Think I've got a good all round base to work with. Question marks over Austin for Jay Rodriguez and utilising the .5m saved elsewhere or Hernandez as a starter vs GWK2 sub but as a starter squad, I think I've got a good range of point scorers that have favourable fixtures nice and early.

De Gea
Cedric Evans Trippier
Mane William Alli KDB
Austin Lukaku Hernandez

Hart Hefele Loftus-Cheek Dunk
We've got similar teams. Not sure about Chicha though. I had him also but their opening fixtures are tough, away at United and Southampton. I think their third match is also a tough one... I got Rodriguez from West Brom instead. feels weird to not have any Chelsea player... I was thinking baout putting in Fabregas but not sure if he'll play...

FC Ronaldo

We've got similar teams. Not sure about Chicha though. I had him also but their opening fixtures are tough, away at United and Southampton. I think their third match is also a tough one... I got Rodriguez from West Brom instead. feels weird to not have any Chelsea player... I was thinking baout putting in Fabregas but not sure if he'll play...
Aye. I stuck Willian in for the early hope of covering Chelsea off. No Arsenal this end is a risk and a lack of set piece takers.

I want to try and get Matt Richie in (probably for Willian) for GWK 2 really instead of transferring Hernandez in for it and needlessly taking the -4 early on.

devil in me

Aye. I stuck Willian in for the early hope of covering Chelsea off. No Arsenal this end is a risk and a lack of set piece takers.

I want to try and get Matt Richie in (probably for Willian) for GWK 2 really instead of transferring Hernandez in for it and needlessly taking the -4 early on.
I reckon Willian could be a bit of a dark horse for big points, especially with Hazard out for a bit. He's looked awesome pre season.

VivaJanuzaj

I reckon Willian could be a bit of a dark horse for big points, especially with Hazard out for a bit. He's looked awesome pre season.
He could, than again looking at their fixtures they might struggle to start the season well offsensively without Hazard and with Morata still in transition in replacement of Costa..

Norris

Is it the same league as last year ?

I've activated my team.

Name: Ijazz@17
Team: Game of Balls

VorRed

What are the requirements to join? I play every year, so would be fun to join this one. If it's about forum posting activity maybe I can join next year or the year after that :D

FC Ronaldo

If Matic arrives, Pogba could be a real star in our early run

Runner

Anyone clued up on championship to suggest 4.0 defenders and 4.5 midfielders?
Lascelles was made captain by Benitez and will most likely play a lot. Schindler for Huddersfield has great opening fixtures and you can name your team Schindler's list :nervous:

Canuckred64

Anyone clued up on championship to suggest 4.0 defenders and 4.5 midfielders?
There are no 4.0 defenders that will start, Newcastle's keeper Eliot is the only player at that price who starts. Midfielders at 4.5, Loftus-Cheek or Carroll, maybe Romeu or Chalobah?

Runner

There are no 4.0 defenders that will start, Newcastle's keeper Eliot is the only player at that price who starts. Midfielders at 4.5, Loftus-Cheek or Carroll, maybe Romeu or Chalobah?
Elliott isn't guaranteed to start though. Benitez could favour Darlow and Newcastle have hinted they're trying to sign a keeper. Really depends who his main keeper is to determine if Elliott is worth the risk for £0.5m. If he's planning to rotate keepers then I'd be wary of Elliott.

Edit (Source) "Hopefully we can bring in a new goalkeeper, and this competition will be good for the team.”

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport...ing-another-goalkeeper-to-newcastle-1-8658706

Canuckred64

Elliott isn't guaranteed to start though. Benitez could favour Darlow and Newcastle have hinted they're trying to sign a keeper. Really depends who his main keeper is to determine if Elliott is worth the risk for £0.5m. If he's planning to rotate keepers then I'd be wary of Elliott.

Edit (Source) "Hopefully we can bring in a new goalkeeper, and this competition will be good for the team.”

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport...ing-another-goalkeeper-to-newcastle-1-8658706

Canuckred64

I know Newcastle is looking for another keeper. Eliot seems to be the number one at the moment. Should have said likely to start instead of starting.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I hear rosenoir starts as a 4.0? And Stephens as a 4.5 MF. Bringing them in I think.

Runner

I know Newcastle is looking for another keeper. Eliot seems to be the number one at the moment. Should have said likely to start instead of starting.
All good, was just trying to clarify for Dirty Schwein.

Canuckred64

I hear rosenoir starts as a 4.0? And Stephens as a 4.5 MF. Bringing them in I think.
I don't know a lot about Brighton, Stephens should start, but I have no idea what he is like. I wouldn't think Rosenoir starts unless there are injuries in Brighton's defence.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Anyone know how Bernado Silva and Sane have been doing for City in pre season? I have both in my side but heard of neither doing anything significant in the games thus far. Thinking maybe Sterling will be a better bet?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Anyone know how Bernado Silva and Sane have been doing for City in pre season? I have both in my side but heard of neither doing anything significant in the games thus far. Thinking maybe Sterling will be a better bet?
There are no better bets with Pep in charge. The most nailed of all the attacking players would probably be KDB and I've gone with him after deciding to not bother with either Jesus or Aguero for the time being.

I think KDB and a DM (Fernadinho/Gundogan maybe when fit) will be regulars but I expect Sane/Silva/Silva/Sterling/Jesus/Aguero to rotate quite regularly for the last 4 places (which could often be be 3 if he continues with wingbacks and a 3 man central defence)

coolredwine

lameredboots
There are no better bets with Pep in charge. The most nailed of all the attacking players would probably be KDB and I've gone with him after deciding to not bother with either Jesus or Aguero for the time being.

I think KDB and a DM (Fernadinho/Gundogan maybe when fit) will be regulars but I expect Sane/Silva/Silva/Sterling/Jesus/Aguero to rotate quite regularly for the last 4 places (which could often be be 3 if he continues with wingbacks and a 3 man central defence)
I have Sterling in my starting XI.

However, any idea what's up with Alexis? Worth keeping him in the starting XI given his recent shenanigans?

the hea

When is Coleman expected to be back from his leg break? Cuco Martina for 4.5 could be a good option until Coleman recovers.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I have Sterling in my starting XI.

However, any idea what's up with Alexis? Worth keeping him in the starting XI given his recent shenanigans?
Who knows? But £12m is a lot to spend on a potentially unhappy player. I read something about Arsenal the other day that said they'd have 8 players out of contract by the end of next season including Ozil and Sanchez. That seems crazy in this day and age. Is Wenger trying to sabotage the club in his final season? :lol: I wonder how many of those players will sign pre-contracts with other clubs in January and then go on autopilot for the rest of the season?

He has been rotated with Austin, afaik.
They both played together in the last game apparently with Austin oddly playing behind Gabbiadini. Apparently they looked terrible until Austin came off.

Southampton do have good early fixtures but it's Southampton. You could say that every one who has to play them might look at it as a good fixture. They're not exactly free scoring. Defenders might be worth a shout though.

Ninja7Red

They both played together in the last game apparently with Austin oddly playing behind Gabbiadini. Apparently they looked terrible until Austin came off.

Southampton do have good early fixtures but it's Southampton. You could say that every one who has to play them might look at it as a good fixture. They're not exactly free scoring. Defenders might be worth a shout though.
Hence the question - does he represent good value for you?

Also Tottenham attackers seem a bit off in the early games, so maybe Micki for not so cheap £8M?