Fantasy Premier League 18/19

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I got rid of Salah for Mane as they get similar points but Mane is much cheaper, allowing me to swap Mitrovic for Lacazette/Aubamayang but I'm having doubts now...
I think it’s worth having both. Salah imo is likely the once again be the top scoring player in the game (potential for Hazard to do it now he’s playing more offensively).

Mane won’t match that over a season, he’s just not as big or consistent a goalthreat as Salah. He’s having around 60% the number of shots Salah is, and it seems like every game Salah is missing opportunies he would usually bury. Salah is also the bigger threat in terms of assists.

I’d still get Mane though, he can get around 200 points imo, which is great value for 9.5m.

Varun

Staff
Silva + VVD or Mane + Duffy?

I already have Robertson and Salah from Pool and Aguero + Mendy from City.

Neo_Mufc

No idea who I should captain this week. I have Vardy Arnautovich, Salah, Hazard, Mendy, Alonso.

IMO the easy option is Salah but I just don't trust him in this game. Arnie looks tempting. I'm not a fan of ever captaining a defender but Mendy could be a good shout if City get a clean sheet and maybe an assist.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
To be fair, I haven't kneejerked. I've had Salah since the opening of last season!

But the way I see it is Salah + Mitrovic will get less points combined than Mane + Lacazette.
I’d probably bank on it being the other way round!

Plus you’re picking the most arguably the disappointing FPL player to own at the minute in Mitrovic, whose form is terrible.

You could easily switch that comparison to Wilson who is cheaper, and Salah / Wilson looks like outscoring Mane / Lacazette.

redmanc

I think a lot of people are hanging on to Salah out of hope hes going to net them a few hatricks rather than actually delivering consistent points. I had Salah at the start of the season for the first 3-4 games and then i brought him back in for Cardiff, now out again. As above Mane/Wilson + having funds for Hazard/Alonso and some other inform players is far more sensible then spunking almost 13mil on a hopeful hatrick every week.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Well the Mitrovic price drop has put paid to my transfer plans. Got Deulofeu in for Knocksert instead which I'm fully expecting to be a waste of time.

Will probably hit next week now to get Arnie in if he looks ok today.

Ady87

Maddison > Mahrez for free today before deadline? Could pay off this week but then I’ve got 3 City vs United next week and who knows what big game performance we might grind out (lol).

Or could Leicester put on a show today in light of events?

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Tempted to captain Mendy.. very rarely Captain a defender though so making he nervous.

What does anyone think?

IrishRedDevil

Having Wilson in my team when he was worth 6.0 then removing him for the more expensive Mitrovic was incredibly stupid.

klsv

Took my first hit of the season this week bringing in Wilson for Mitrovic and Martial for Maddison, wasn't a bad idea after all.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Happy with Richarlison and Arnoutovic - Maddison likely getting the boot this week.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
This is my team for this week x

Hazard on the bench against Palace? I'd have swapped him for Doherty personally. yO CrAzY.

Currently I'm on 26pts from 4 players (Martial 7, Richarlison 12, Wilson 5, Pickford 2). Going well, need a stormer from Aguero tomorrow.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Might change to Alonso actually :nervous:

This is the first time this season that I’m not sure on captaincy
I captained Alonso before. Go to his weekly point stat table where it shows you how he's done. Right, you see week 1 - 4? Pretty good right. I captained him on week 5.

FML. Never done it again.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I captained Alonso before. Go to his weekly point stat table where it shows you how he's done. Right, you see week 1 - 4? Pretty good right. I captained him on week 5.

FML. Never done it again.
Don’t tell me that!

I’m hoping with Hazard out (for a portion of the match at least) that he plays even more offensively on the left flank. It’s a massive gamble though, first time this season I’ve had no idea. Could see Mendy getting a clean sheet and a couple of assists.

Hazard on the bench against Palace? I'd have swapped him for Doherty personally. yO CrAzY.

Currently I'm on 26pts from 4 players (Martial 7, Richarlison 12, Wilson 5, Pickford 2). Going well, need a stormer from Aguero tomorrow.
He was injured last week so wasn't sure if he was going to play this week x

klsv

Yeah, Sarri actually said he's not ready to play 90 mins, so I don't think it's a stupid choice by you. Would have benched him too if I had any alternatives.

Yeah, Sarri actually said he's not ready to play 90 mins, so I don't think it's a stupid choice by you. Would have benched him too if I had any alternatives.
Oh did he? That's lucky will probably put him back for next week x

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
It was unlikely he was going to start, but given the choice, I'd have gambled on Hazard coming on and getting some points over Wolves keeping a clean sheet/Maddison seems to have gone off the boil.

I'll probably be proved wrong - I usually am.

James Peril

So now people immediately want to sell Maddison (home to Burnley), and get Martial (City away) or Richarlison (Chelsea away) instead. I guess that shows why most people are not winning their mini-leagues :D Maddison is an absolute keeper for next week, the other two are quite clearly not - wait two weeks lads.

Nickosaur

So now people immediately want to sell Maddison (home to Burnley), and get Martial (City away) or Richarlison (Chelsea away) instead. I guess that shows why most people are not winning their mini-leagues :D Maddison is an absolute keeper for next week, the other two are quite clearly not - wait two weeks lads.
Yeah I'd like Martial in but will be patient.

IrishRedDevil

No, I’m winning mine.
I’ve had Maddison for 4 weeks and he has scored 2, 2, 2 and 3 points in the last 4 games. If you actually watch him play, he has looked poor, regardless of who his next opposition is that is a bad run of form.
Martials price will rise in the next day or 2 and he’s on hot form, so if I don’t make the switch now he will be out of reach. Maddison’s price is also about to drop.

I already have Richarlison and imo he’s a must have.