Fantasy Premier League 18/19

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Knee jerked last night and took a -4 to get Arnie in before his price rise (and Mitro's drop). Second hit of the season but long term should be worth it (assuming Arnie's knee holds up).

Also removes my weekly benching headache and leaves £1m in the bank for an upgrade the week after.

SteveTheRed

Sterling seems such a good option, but I don't know if I can have him and Aguero?

I'm sitting on 2 FT but no idea what to do with them.

D.Silva, Mane, Richarlison, Maddison, Hazard
Wilson, Aguero

I would have to downgrade Mane and sell Silva...just doesn't seem right? I'm in a position now where the only guy ahead of me in the league has a near identical team to me, except I have D.Silva and he has Arnautovic

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Knee jerked last night and took a -4 to get Arnie in before his price rise (and Mitro's drop). Second hit of the season but long term should be worth it (assuming Arnie's knee holds up).

Also removes my weekly benching headache and leaves £1m in the bank for an upgrade the week after.
I'm tempted to bring in Felipe Anderson instead of Arnie. He looked great on MOTD, although I don't watch West Ham closely enough to know if I'm getting suckered in by a highlight reel.

West Ham's next 10 games are easy other than city, so it makes sense to have one or the other.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I'm tempted to bring in Felipe Anderson instead of Arnie. He looked great on MOTD, although I don't watch West Ham closely enough to know if I'm getting suckered in by a highlight reel.

West Ham's next 10 games are easy other than city, so it makes sense to have one or the other.
It does. Kind of thinking I should have took a chance with Diangana too as my £4.5m mid rather than safer option in Camarasa. Just can't be bothered titting around with what should be a perma bencher.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

I also took the hit yesterday as I needed to make three moves to make it work financially but only had two free transfers. Don’t really care about 4 points to be honest.

Swapped Alexander-Arnold, Masuaku and Aguero for Smith, Mane and Wilson. Finally have a roster of players who play every week bar reserve goalkeeper.

GK: Patricio, Speroni
DEF: Smith, Shaw, Wan-Bissaka, Alonso, Trippier
MID: Hazard, Mane, Martial, Richarlison, Maddison
ATT: Aubameyang, Wilson, Mitrovic

I like it now.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Took out Hazard for Sterling on Saturdsy morning before deadline. Absolutely huge. Wish I gambled on him being captain instead of Aguero - still.

75 points is a solid game week given I was on ~20 at the end of Saturday.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I want to get Sterling but I don't trust Pep, far too much rotation

ROFLUTION

I want to get Sterling but I don't trust Pep, far too much rotation
With KDB out, I don't see much competition for Sterling to be honest. Sane and Mahrez are most likely to compete with each other I think.

He made half my score this week :drool:

Cassidy

With KDB out, I don't see much competition for Sterling to be honest. Sane and Mahrez are most likely to compete with each other I think.

He made half my score this week :drool:
Vs the smaller teams Sterling has already been left out twice this season

ROFLUTION

Vs the smaller teams Sterling has already been left out twice this season
At least for the next two games I Just cannot see him being rested. vs Man Utd or West Ham away.

Edit: Pep is a rotator, but i also think some of the rest earlier on was Because he went to the World Cup

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Well, I'm wishing I'd changed Mane to Sterling instead of Salah. Might now do Salah to Sterling, although Salah has the better game next week.

Cassidy

At least for the next two games I Just cannot see him being rested. vs Man Utd or West Ham away.

Edit: Pep is a rotator, but i also think some of the rest earlier on was Because he went to the World Cup
Probably true

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
If you plan on keeping him it doesn't really matter if he's rotated. He's still gonna rake the points in over the season. With no way to know when he will be you just have to set and forget.

Nickosaur

feck me fulham are awful. Glad i already gave cairney and mitrovic the boot.

James Peril

Now everyone is taking Maddison out, I’m thinking of bringing him in. At the same time people want Richarlison in, when he plays Chelsea (a) and Liverpool (a) over the next three games.

Maddison has Burnley (h), Brighton (a), Watford (h) and Fulham (a) coming up. Over the course of the season I’d have Richarlison over Maddison, but certainly not over the next few weeks

ROFLUTION

I already got 3 west ham players in my team so I can't do it myself, but Diangana from West Ham looks like a fantastic shout at 4.5 - Against Burnley he was all over the match, dribbling, crossing and assisting too. Should have had a penalty too after being clipped by Bardsley. Looks like a real gem they are unearthing there at West Ham - low point of balance in his dribblings and a bit tough to defend against.

Great fixture-list too.

Mani

Not using my free transfer this week instead wait till the international fixture week to get complete and use my two transfer to bring in Martial and Argi for Neves and Joselu.Also thinking of dropping Robertson for Arnold.

SteveTheRed

Now everyone is taking Maddison out, I’m thinking of bringing him in. At the same time people want Richarlison in, when he plays Chelsea (a) and Liverpool (a) over the next three games.

Maddison has Burnley (h), Brighton (a), Watford (h) and Fulham (a) coming up. Over the course of the season I’d have Richarlison over Maddison, but certainly not over the next few weeks
I'm with you, Maddison has great fixture. I have both him and Richarlison, just don't see any reason to sell either.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Two teams I could aim for, which is best? One has a much better bench (ie. they actually play).

Patricio
Mendy Alonso Robertson
Hazard Mane Richarlison Sterling
Aguero Wilson Jiminez

Hamer WanB Bennett Guendouzi

Or...

Patricio
Mendy Alonso Robertson
Hazard Pereyra Richarlison Sterling
Aguero Wilson Lacazette

Hamer Stankovic Romeu Peltier

glorious

Two teams I could aim for, which is best? One has a much better bench (ie. they actually play).

Patricio
Mendy Alonso Robertson
Aguero Wilson Jiminez

Or...

Patricio
Mendy Alonso Robertson
Aguero Wilson Lacazette

First one definitely, Liverpool and Wolves have better fixtures than Watford and Arsenal. Plus, the first team also have stronger bench.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Definitely going to roll my FT this week. Team looks good and it's better having two transfers for international break.

Acole9

Outstanding
84 points for this gameweek, easily my best for the season so far.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

Patricio
Mendy Alonso Robertson
Aguero Wilson Jiminez

Or...

Patricio
Mendy Alonso Robertson
Aguero Wilson Lacazette

I'd go with the playing bench personally as you'll inevitably need it at some point. All City players are rotation risks (some more than others obviously) and even Robertson has been given a rest recently.

Assume this is a wildcard? There are probably better options at £4.5m than Guendouzi too. Camarasa, Diangana, Billing...

Last edited:

ROFLUTION

Patricio
Mendy Alonso Robertson
Aguero Wilson Jiminez

Or...

Patricio
Mendy Alonso Robertson
Aguero Wilson Lacazette

Go for Diangana too at 4.5 Id say. I like the first one better. Maybe Diop on the bench too if affordable

coolredwine

lameredboots

Patricio
Mendy Alonso Robertson
Aguero Wilson Jiminez

Or...

Patricio
Mendy Alonso Robertson
Aguero Wilson Lacazette

First one for me. More balanced with a playing bench.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Patricio
Mendy Alonso Robertson
Aguero Wilson Jiminez

Or...

Patricio
Mendy Alonso Robertson
Aguero Wilson Lacazette

I prefer the first one, even without the bench (which is also much better on that one)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I think this weekend is the litmus test for Salah and Liverpool attackers. If they don't haul against Fulham I predict a move away and on to the likes of Sterling and Martial who's form at the moment can't be ignored.

Hell I'd take a hit at the moment to do Salah & Deulofeu > Sterling & Martial if it wasn't derby weekend.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Maddison injury messed up my plans. Was going to roll a FT and go into Int break with 2 transfers. Still might do it and just lose a bit of value on him.

Tarrou

I'm my wildcard this week as the team was a right mess.

Sterling exploding last weekend has really put a spanner in the works. Would you guys take him over Salah? Salah's fixtures look better.

Skåre Willoch

Just did Mitro -> Jimenez to free up some cap space. Then I'll probably save my FT for a week. Difficult doing anything drastic without any extra dough handy or 2 FTs.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I'm my wildcard this week as the team was a right mess.

Sterling exploding last weekend has really put a spanner in the works. Would you guys take him over Salah? Salah's fixtures look better.
This fella makes a good case for Sterling over Salah towards the start of this -