Fantasy Premier League 18/19

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Still can't decide between Arnie and Jimi!

Jimi is very cheap, and will give me 3.4m to use to upgrade elsewhere. Arnie only gives 2.1m
Have had Jimi all season. Won't score many, but seems to rack up a lot of assists, even in the tough aways, like United and Arsenal.
Suspect he's due a big haul one time soon too.
Arnie, can easily find himself pushed into a deeper role.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mendy out , who are people replacing him with?
Most likely, Dunk, who is 4.5m at the moment, allowing a Barkley to Martial upgrade.

Other options, Laporte, or Chilwell, but obvs neither then allow the second part of the deal.

El-Manos

Most likely, Dunk, who is 4.5m at the moment, allowing a Barkley to Martial upgrade.

Other options, Laporte, or Chilwell, but obvs neither then allow the second part of the deal.
Exactly what i’ll do. Isn’t Martial injured though?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I've just added him to my watchlist, but with Liverpool, City and Spurs in Everton's next 6 games, I think I'll wait until after them and see how he's getting on.
Yeah I bottled it and went with the crowd. Laporte in for Mendy. Nearly everyone will have City coverage in defence so it's not worth any risk at this stage.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Exactly what i’ll do. Isn’t Martial injured though?
He's got a yellow flag, so i'll leave it late to decide.

LaPorte tends not to get anything more than his 6 for a clean sheet, so Martial's potential to rack up hauls probably outweighs anything LaPorte would get me over Docherty/WanBisaka/Dunk.

Have a 0.2m threshold though, so am monitoring that Mendy or Barkley doesn't drop and Dunk doesn't rise again.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Bigger question is who to captain. No obvious standout this weekend and I don't think I've got the balls to go Richarlison so it'll probably be a toss up between Salah and Aguero.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Mendy out , who are people replacing him with?
Digne from Everton. Good fixtures and Everton have started to look more solid and have Mina in contention now too to boost that. 4.8m is a steal I reckon.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Bigger question is who to captain. No obvious standout this weekend and I don't think I've got the balls to go Richarlison so it'll probably be a toss up between Salah and Aguero.
Richarlison n Martial look really good options this week with Liverpool, City n Chelsea all facing potentially tricky away games.

Salah or Aguero will be popular picks but I fancy a punt this coming week. All my captain picks have been safe so far and have done me well but just feel this might be the one to gamble on.

James Peril

Digne from Everton. Good fixtures and Everton have started to look more solid and have Mina in contention now too to boost that. 4.8m is a steal I reckon.
Everton have Liverpool away in the next game after Cardiff at home though. Not gonna be pretty at Anfield when Everton plays.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Everton have Liverpool away in the next game after Cardiff at home though. Not gonna be pretty at Anfield when Everton plays.
He's not guna start for me that day though. Rotates well with Yedlin who is my other cheap defender. Newcastle have Burnley at home. 0-0 classic I'm hoping for or even a Newcastle win to nil.

Digne looks a good bet for quite some time assuming you have the right rotation for him which I do.

Nickosaur

Is it worth using my FT to remove Shaqiri for Richarlison? I know I should wait until the press conferences but he's due to rise tonight :nervous:
Richy is nailed, playing OOP as a striker and has Cardiff, Newcastle and Watford all at home in his next 4 games.
Shaqiri isn't nailed and has 3 out of his next 4 games away from home.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Is it worth using my FT to remove Shaqiri for Richarlison? I know I should wait until the press conferences but he's due to rise tonight :nervous:
Richy is nailed, playing OOP as a striker and has Cardiff, Newcastle and Watford all at home in his next 4 games.
Shaqiri isn't nailed and has 3 out of his next 4 games away from home.
Just do it.

ROFLUTION

Same conundrum here, but with Aguero vs Hazard! Inclined to go Hazard though, as he'll be taking on Foyth and it's Winks-Dier in midfield, which could leave some space in the areas he'd like to operate in. It's tough predicting the West Ham game as they've performed good vs both Chelsea (0-0), Us (3-1) and Spurs (0-1) but dominating.

Skåre Willoch

Ederson
Alonso - Laporte - TAA
Fraser - Hazard - Richarlison - Salah
Jimenez - Aufraudeyang - Arnautovic

I really want to start Bennet against HUD, but cannot figure out who to bench instead.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Same conundrum here, but with Aguero vs Hazard! Inclined to go Hazard though, as he'll be taking on Foyth and it's Winks-Dier in midfield, which could leave some space in the areas he'd like to operate in. It's tough predicting the West Ham game as they've performed good vs both Chelsea (0-0), Us (3-1) and Spurs (0-1) but dominating.
City are a different beast altogether though. I'm on Aguero at the moment but Salah would be a differential for me in few of my mini leagues and this feels like an opportunity to take advantage of that. Extra point too for goals is not to be sniffed at.

nemanja15

City are a different beast altogether though. I'm on Aguero at the moment but Salah would be a differential for me in few of my mini leagues and this feels like an opportunity to take advantage of that. Extra point too for goals is not to be sniffed at.
Agree, but it's even more of a toss-up given Salah has virtually zero chance of any bonus points, while Aguero is always sniffing around the top three for them if he gets as much as an assist.

Chuck Richarlison and maybe even Jimenez in there this week as major potential differentials.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I want to go Richarlison for Captain but I'm worried because I'm leading most of my leagues and that pick feels like one you'd do to make up ground.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Agree, but it's even more of a toss-up given Salah has virtually zero chance of any bonus points, while Aguero is always sniffing around the top three for them if he gets as much as an assist.

Chuck Richarlison and maybe even Jimenez in there this week as major potential differentials.
That's true. I'll go with the bookies who slightly favour Aguero. Richarlison is still too punty for me. The Aguero/Hazard/Salah triumvirate hasn't blanked for me yet when I've picked one.

Nickosaur

Ederson
Alonso - Laporte - TAA

I really want to start Bennet against HUD, but cannot figure out who to bench instead.
Arnautovic, defs.

James Peril

I agree it's the best option, but should I bench him for Bennet? Wolves haven't been rock solid lately.
I have the same challenge and keep Bennett in the team. It’s time for them to keep a clean sheet again, after playing lots of tough games. Arnautovic will struggle to score against City, they hardly ever let in any goals

Nickosaur

The more wine I drink the more certain I am that Richarlison will get a hattrick tomorrow.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Going Richarlison captain tomorrow. Playing up front, versus Cardiff, it's worth the go.
Aguero, Salah, Martial and Hazard in there too, so this'll probably the only time I ever pick Richy over them!

Big decision was who to drop from Alonso, Docherty and Robertson for Dunk of Brighton, with a good home fixture.

Doch has a good home fixture, Robertson is playing for an unbeaten team who barely concede and has a good chance of assists/bonuses.

And in the end, despite Alonso with a tricky away at Tottenham, couldn't leave him out. The law of averages says it's unwise to have a 7m defender who play like a winger and not always start them

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Going Richarlison captain tomorrow. Playing up front, versus Cardiff, it's worth the go.
Aguero, Salah, Martial and Hazard in there too, so this'll probably the only time I ever pick Richy over them!

Big decision was who to drop from Alonso, Docherty and Robertson for Dunk of Brighton, with a good home fixture.

Doch has a good home fixture, Robertson is playing for an unbeaten team who barely concede and has a good chance of assists/bonuses.

And in the end, despite Alonso with a tricky away at Tottenham, couldn't leave him out. The law of averages says it's unwise to have a 7m defender who play like a winger and not always start them
How about 4 at the back.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How about 4 at the back.
I did that last week, but now I have this as a front 7

Salah-Hazard-Martial-Richarlison-Fraser
Jiminez-Aguero

Fraser has Arsenal, but Bournemouth are scoring a lot, and Fraser has some good returns against better teams.
The rest of the 6 are unthinkable to leave out.

ROFLUTION

Who's best to captain? Aguero or Sterling?

Sometimes it actually looks like Sterling is the forward one when Aguero drops down. Sterling just gets on the end of a lot and Also creates a lot. Is he the better pick? We'll be up against an old Zabaleta

SSSSnake

Ederson
Alonso - Laporte - TAA

Bench Fraser.