Fantasy Premier League 18/19

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Ffs, play a fiver on each GW with a bunch of mates, brought in Salah as only one other guy has him and I have a stronger squad elsewhere, but he's gone and triple captained him :wenger:
Don't panic. It's always best to leave your triple captain till the end of the season when the double gameweeks come into play. A lot of people spaff theirs away.

Just wait till a big juicy 'CAR (H), FUL (H)' comes up below your triple captain.

glorious

23 points from 4 players with Hart and Felipe Anderson contributed most of it. Green Arrow everywhere.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Hmm, not the cricket score I expected.

Mané did nothing for me, as I predicted. Just not sure whether to keep him or not...

Salah is just so expensive and has done little more than Mané so far - but not having him is a jittery affair!

Nickosaur

Hmm captain Mane didn't work out but shaqiri and Robertson got me plenty of points.

Neo_Mufc

Might be time to take Salah out now. Apart from the Cardiff game he's not hitting big scores for a 13m player.

I either have the choice of Salah Vardy Fraser or Sterling Martial and Anderson. Think Ill go with the latter

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
After having so many good weeks, I've finally crashed back down to earth.

16 points with only Aguero, Ederson and Martial to go.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
34 with two City players and Patricio left. Ah.

Hazard and Richarlison still playing but the guy I'm trying to catch has them anyway.

IrishRedDevil

53 points. Meh. Average.

Considering most of my players were all playing against each other in the same few games I’ll take it though.

Varun

Staff
Every goddam week mate, im doing gash.
Well, how did you end up with Auba as Captain in the first place? Punt or do you not have any of Salah, Hazard etc? Wolves are a decent team too so it's not as if he was up against a Cardiff.

vangagal

Aguero is a reliable point grabber this entire season i think, more than Salah. How did you end up with Auba i dont know. Never a reliable goalscorer.

GledTheRed

GledTheRed

Well, how did you end up with Auba as Captain in the first place? Punt or do you not have any of Salah, Hazard etc? Wolves are a decent team too so it's not as if he was up against a Cardiff.
Got Hazard but didn't't fancy him today, i thought Auba may have done over an out of form Wolves today. Missed a sitter apparently.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
73 points with bonus I think (unless Martial can sneak a bonus when they get recalculated).

Happy with that, should be a nice green arrow.

I’m definitely regretting selling Aguero, but that’s more on the basis of last week.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Will end up with something similar depending on BPs.

Have Mo and keeping him.
Hmmm. He's a great differential in a few of my mini leagues now that most people have ditched him but he's not justifying his price at the moment.

If Pep wasn't such a WUM i'd be all over Sterling instead.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
65pts and still hovering around the 50k mark OR. Solid start and definitely targeting the top 10k this season.

Skåre Willoch

61 points. Meh.

Back inside 50k. I'm struggling to get much higher. One week i rise 10-15k, while next week I drop 10-15k. Been hovering around 30-65k for 8 weeks now. Do I keep calm, or is it time to get a bit more agressive?

I'll probably save my FT until after next GW, but I really want to get rid of Aufraudeyang.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
61 points. Meh.

Back inside 50k. I'm struggling to get much higher. One week i rise 10-15k, while next week I drop 10-15k. Been hovering around 30-65k for 8 weeks now. Do I keep calm, or is it time to get a bit more agressive?

I'll probably save my FT until after next GW, but I really want to get rid of Aufraudeyang.
I’d keep calm, that’s a solid rank to build from. I’m 38k which is disappointing as was 1,500 for a while, but I’d definitely have taken that position at this stage of the season. A lot of managers above you will have played at least one of their chips for example.

There will be other outliers as well who have just gotten lucky to be that high and don’t actually manage their team (you’ll see that drop off the more games that are played). I remember the season when Leicester won the league, there was a manager in the top 500 for ages who hadn’t made a single transfer all season.

Skåre Willoch

I’d keep calm, that’s a solid rank to build from. I’m 38k which is disappointing as was 1,500 for a while, but I’d definitely have taken that position at this stage of the season. A lot of managers above you will have played at least one of their chips for example.

There will be other outliers as well who have just gotten lucky to be that high and don’t actually manage their team (you’ll see that drop off the more games that are played). I remember the season when Leicester won the league, there was a manager in the top 500 for ages who hadn’t made a single transfer all season.
Yeah, a lot of the people who've had a good start will get tired of it once it starts getting a bit difficult. Happens every year. Hadn't really considered that a lot have actually played a chip or two. Is there any site you can check how many people have used a specific chip or anything like that? I've got a feeling that both bench boost and triple captain has been played by quite a few people already.

And as you say, I guess it's a solid foundation for the rest of the season. My best OR after a season so far is 30k when Leicester won it, and I think I gained something like 100k in the last few gameweeks with chips etc.

Skåre Willoch

Depends on your strategy, but Arnie and Jimenez are great shouts. Arnautovic has great fixtures for a very long time, and is due for more than one price rise i reckon. Jimenez gives more flexibility, and you can defend benching him every now and then. He'll also see a price rise within a couple of days.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
You just know Rondon is not gonna do anything for a while now, while still riding on the FPL wave.

Avoid, imo. Likes of Arnautovic, Murray, Jiminez, Wilson are a better bet.
Yeah probably. Just like Barkley the other week.

Martial's form is hard to ignore and i'd love to have a United player in but you just know that Jose is gonna shoehorn Lukaku back into the side to his detriment.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Yeah probably. Just like Barkley the other week.

Martial's form is hard to ignore and i'd love to have a United player in but you just know that Jose is gonna shoehorn Lukaku back into the side to his detriment.
Martial has been tempting me too, but generally I avoid United players unless they are must have. I'm too bias to make a balanced decision on them.