Fantasy Premier League 18/19

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I had horrible mid week and this week started awful BUT if Alonso keeps his clean sheet and Alli gets a goal, I'll have got the most points in my mini league.

Oh and Kane/Eriksen benched :lol:

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Absolutely horrific. Only saving grace for me is that Auba didn’t go mental and score a couple as well.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I’ve kept Hazard which is good. Think people have been premature getting rid of him, fixtures are strong going forward and he’s probably the best player in his league at his best for relatively cheap compared to his competitors.

IrishRedDevil

Two assists for Hazard. Clean sheet, a goal and 3 lovely bonus points for Luiz :D

Chelsea have a nice run of fixtures coming up over the next 2 months. People were too quick to dump Hazard.

8 points from Kolasanic was nice too. A snip at 4.9m.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Should've took my own advice re: Hazard and Salah. This is the opposite of if Carlsberg did gamweeks.

At least I've got Alonso's clean sheet off the bench for TAA.

Kane benched is the crowning turd.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Haha, I've utterly gone to town on my team of losers (5 transfers)!

My strategy is that I will try to not make any more transfer hits until mid-Feb, so rivals will slowly catch up to my transfer hits!

This is now my team...

------------------Hart--------------
Laporte---------Kola----------TAA
Salah----Hazard----Sterling----Richarlison
-----Jiminez----Kane----Vokes-------

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Haha, I've utterly gone to town on my team of losers (5 transfers)!

My strategy is that I will try to not make any more transfer hits until mid-Feb, so rivals will slowly catch up to my transfer hits!

This is now my team...

------------------Hart--------------
Laporte---------Kola----------TAA
Scenes when Lacazette scores a hatty next week...

Rhyme Animal

@Rhyme Animal wow 5 changes. Who got dumped?
I know, mental, but I'm at breaking point with it.

Lacazette, Wilson, Sané, Wan-Bissaka and Fraser.

Like I said though, I'm really gonna try and not take another -4 until mid Feb. My rivals all take hits fairly often so yeah, we'll see...

Scenes when Lacazette scores a hatty next week...
Haha, oh yeah, you know it.

Well, I've made my transfers and I'll now only make 1 change a week unless I've doubled up on transfers.

@Rhyme Animal are you drunk? Not that the team you posted is bad necessarily but drunk and reactionary transfers rarely end well
I'm not. Just been watching footy and playing footy with my lad (5 year old).

I'm just changing my tactic as I'm not getting any luck at all this season.

My rivals all take regular hits, and I'm not gonna take another -4 now (I'm not gonna tell any of them this is my tactic).

Like I said, I know it's a bit mad, but feck it, I'm going maverick.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Haha, oh yeah, you know it.

Well, I've made my transfers and I'll now only make 1 change a week unless I've doubled up on transfers.
I'm playing the long game. Yeah it hurts to see Salah and Hazard instantly punish me but Kane and Auba have great fixtures in the next few months and they will score a lot of goals so I'll save my regrets until the new year.

Ideally I would've kept Hazard or Salah but without Aguero that would've left me with no City attacker which is clearly madness despite their latest result. Sterling is a season keeper.

Last edited:

Nickosaur

I'm not. Just been watching footy and playing footy with my lad (5 year old).

I'm just changing my tactic as I'm not getting any luck at all this season.

My rivals all take regular hits, and I'm not gonna take another -4 now (I'm not gonna tell any of them this is my tactic).

Like I said, I know it's a bit mad, but feck it, I'm going maverick.
Fair enough mate. Taking that many hits in one go always raises questions but it's a decent looking team.

AWB and one of Wilson/Fraser probably would have been worth keeping as long as you got them in early enough, but I think most of those moves make sense.

I myself used a -4 for this gw - to get Lacazette in, which was a disaster - and I might be looking at taking another -4 next gw, to try and get a city midfielder in.

Rhyme Animal

Fair enough mate. Taking that many hits in one go always raises questions but it's a decent looking team.

AWB and one of Wilson/Fraser probably would have been worth keeping as long as you got them in early enough, but I think most of those moves make sense.

I myself used a -4 for this gw - to get Lacazette in, which was a disaster - and I might be looking at taking another -4 next gw, to try and get a city midfielder in.
Yeah, what a letdown Lacazette has been - I wonder how the player himself feels coming on at halftime twice and scoring, then earning a start and being hooked at halftime...?

But yeah that team of mine now - particularly the midfield / attack -

Will hopefully stay fit - I feel at this point of the season these are the big scorers, it's a scary line-up really to have Sterling, Hazard, Salah and Kane, and if I can pick the right Captain I should start to make up ground.

Time will tell anyway!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'm going to fall about 150k places from 50k to 200k.

Captained Kane, also brought Eriksen in two game weeks ago, have Wilson etc.

Disaster.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
When Kane comes on for 15mins when they're already 2-0 up, when you had Salah vice captain :keano:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
And Kane benched.

Awful, awful FF GW. Maybe my worst ever.

Rival had Salah capped...

I capped Lacazette, brought in Wilson, had Sané, Kane (VC), TAA.

Incredible stuff.
It was always gonna be a potentially rough ride because it’s still part of the busy 3 game weeks and the rotation that comes with that. I chose to make only one transfer for this reason. I’ve not had a great gw (40 with 3 left) but not disastrous I don’t think.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Tempted to put Lacazette or Firmino in for Murray but it seems a bit silly when they're on not much more points and way more expensive. Was also considering Jiminez.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
If I downgrade Alonso to Luiz for Chelsea defence cover, plus Murray to Jiminez who seems like a steady Eddy, I can do Hazard to Salah who may be finding form (or I could be kneejerking after his hattrick).

klsv

Got Vardy and Arnautovic in for Aguero and Ings the last GW. After that, I got Jimenez in for Arnautovic. Going really well with these replacements.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
One of those arses of a gameweek. All three strikers out or benched!

Players miss games but wilson kane and jiminez all together is annoying!

Gazautd18

Damn! Rival in the league triple captained Salah!!ffs..had him as vice captain.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Genuinely surprised at how many had Kane n Salah this game week. How on earth can you justify 25.4/5m on just two players?

I did the Salah out Kane move prior to the midweek games, not this round. Started off well but got well and truly hammered this weekend.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Away to Bournemouth is a risky call for a triple captain, fair play.
Last year it would have been a no brainer for Salah. But this year, he hadn't scored more than 1 goal in a league game, and you suspected they might have one eye on Napoli midweek, added to Bournemouth going well, and thinking they might actually be some sort of threat.

Meanwhile Kane was on a roll of 3 goals in 3 league games, always scores against Leicester, is "never rested".

Obvs turned out completely wrong!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Genuinely surprised at how many had Kane n Salah this game week. How on earth can you justify 25.4/5m on just two players?

I did the Salah out Kane move prior to the midweek games, not this round. Started off well but got well and truly hammered this weekend.
A lot of people like me had Aguero and Salah to begin with, so a lesser cost.
I actually had those two AND Hazard for a long time, plus 7m Alonso at the back.

Ditched Hazard to beef up the attack (Wilson in Success out) as there's a lot of mid priced good performers - the 4 I have on top of Salah now are
- Fraser - Richarlison - Anderson - Martial.

With Wilson - Kane - Jiminez up front there is the problem now of having a strong front 8, and sod's law dictates you'll either have a few out, or you'll have the 8th man smash a haul - like Jiminez last week!

59 this week so far with Richarlison to play tomorrow

EDIT - YES!! Docherty scores, in the 90th min!
Add 6 on and maybe some bonus points.... if only I'd Salah captained, would have been in the 80s dohhhh