Fantasy Premier League 18/19

United58

Playing WC this week, with Free Hit for GW 31. £5.3m ITB.

Fabianski Button

Lindelof Robertson Doherty Pereira AWB

Son Pogba Salah Hojbjerg Stephens

Jimenez Rondon Higuain

Looking at getting in Sterling and Aguero (and maybe Rice or something at the back for Doherty/Pereira). Anyone else I should be looking at?

Skåre Willoch

Fabianski Button

Jimenez Rondon Higuain

Looking at getting in Sterling and Aguero (and maybe Rice or something at the back for Doherty/Pereira). Anyone else I should be looking at?
Why play it this week? Why not wait until GW32 or 33?

Anyway, I'd probably get rid of Son.

Varun

Staff

Fabianski Button

Jimenez Rondon Higuain

Have you already played it? If not, hold on. There's a bunch of info to be had post gw 31

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Genuinely not sure whether to FH on 31 or save it...

How big a blank, or double will future GWs be? What I mean by that is, how many teams will potentially be blanking or doubling?

Because 31 is a big blank, and I do think 31 could have some big scores - Haz, Higuain, Vardy, Mane AND Salah, W.Ham etc.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I've realised that I really don't care about this game since Ole came in. I've used it as a distraction from our shit football in previous years but now I don't really feel the need.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Genuinely not sure whether to FH on 31 or save it...

How big a blank, or double will future GWs be? What I mean by that is, how many teams will potentially blanking or doubling?

Because 31 is a big blank, and I do think 31 could have some big scores - Haz, Higuain, Vardy, Mane AND Salah, W.Ham etc.
Well 33 will obviously not be as big a blank as 31. That's just common sense. One of Watford v Fulham or Crystal Palace Vs Newcastle will definitely happen. Will still definitely be missing United & Wolves, highly likely City & Cardiff and also Brighton & Spurs if they (Brighton) beat Millwall.

All the names you mentioned in 31 will definitely play in 33 too (well their teams will).

Last edited:

Rhyme Animal

Well 33 will obviously not be as big a blank as 31. That's just common sense. One of Watford v Fulham or Crystal Palace Vs Newcastle will definitely happen. Will still definitely be missing United & Wolves, highly likely City & Cardiff and also Brighton & Spurs if they (Brighton) beat Millwall.

All the names you mentioned in 31 will definitely play in 33 too (well their teams will).
Thanks mate. And what about the size of potential doubles...?

The United / Wolves double doesn't really interest me that much. I've got Shaw, Jiménez and Pogba, and might bring in Rashford and a Wolves defender.

I'm wondering will there be one (or more) of those huge doubles when there are loads of teams doubling, or is it looking a bit more slim this season for whatever reason?

Nickosaur

I've realised that I really don't care about this game since Ole came in. I've used it as a distraction from our shit football in previous years but now I don't really feel the need.
But there's no better feeling when your FF team is doing well because you have 3 united players in there - it's been great having Rashford and Pogba smashing it recently :D

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Thanks mate. And what about the size of potential doubles...?

The United / Wolves double doesn't really interest me that much. I've got Shaw, Jiménez and Pogba, and might bring in Rashford and a Wolves defender.

I'm wondering will there be one (or more) of those huge doubles when there are loads of teams doubling, or is it looking a bit more slim this season for whatever reason?
We won't know the full scope or where they fit until after the FA Cup QF's. City and Chelsea will definitely have at least one double at some point though. Potentially very good ones too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Also thinking about trying to get through week 31 without the freehit, despite having all chips and wildcard left.

As long as you cover the big hitting players

Rhyme Animal

Also thinking about trying to get through week 31 without the freehit, despite having all chips and wildcard left.

I'm leaning more toward using it to be honest mate.

Pulling the trigger on the FH and lining up in GW31 with something like...

-------------Fabianksi-----------
TAA-----------Luiz--------Pereira
Hazard----Mane---Salah----Sigurdsson
----Vardy----Higuain----Rondon----

My rival in FF league has used all his chips and is about 50 points above me, so I'd still have left TC and BB.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Lukaku in?

Rashford out?

Have both?

Feel like Rash will be rested asap, which could be at the weekend depending on Martial.

Might hold off, and get King in now and for the blank, then bring both in for the dgw.

Last edited:

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I've setup for Gw 31 and 33 with:

Boruc

TAA/VVD/Rudiger/Lascelles

Hazard/Salah/Brooks

Barnes/Vardy/King

and for GW 33 I will swap out Lascelles (if Newcastle do blank in 33) for Kola from my bench.

I will FH in Gw 32, WC in GW 34, BB in Gw 35, and TC in GW 37 as I expected some additional doubles may be added that week.

Paul_Scholes18

Is there really any point in keeping Sane? If so, who to replace him with?
They got some injuries now though so he might play more. Pedro is showing some good form and might keep it up. Son might step up again with some better games for Spurs.
Martial could be back too so a good player to get potentially (maybe not for this week). Mane in very good form too. Check out the weather forecast before the week and you know if Liverpool could score or not ;). Leicester got some good games too so I would consider maybe investing in them if you want to go cheaper.

Chillosophy

What does your team look like now? Imho, the way I look at it, provided you have your chips left:

If you can field 8+ players for Blank GW31 the best tactic would be to Free Hit for DoubleGW32, Wildcard DoubleGW35.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Suggestion on who to captain out of Sterling, Salah, Pogba and Aguero?
I think that's the question everyone is asking this week. Form says a City player but in the back of my mind I keep thinking this could be the week Salah trolls everyone like he did in the Bournemouth game earlier in the season when people started dropping him.

It's a coin toss between Aguero & Salah for me. Will likely just keep switching it on the deadline and see who it lands on.

Moby

Dick
It's a coin toss between Aguero & Salah for me.
Same, think Aguero is a slightly safer bet but as you say, feels that kind of week where Salah goes rampant.

Burnley are a tougher side to face than Watford but both are away from home and Burnley have conceded quite a few off late on the road as well. So think both games could be quite high scoring.

Just don't want to end up on a blank captain with the other guy scoring loads. :nervous:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Same, think Aguero is a slightly safer bet but as you say, feels that kind of week where Salah goes rampant.

Burnley are a tougher side to face than Watford but both are away from home and Burnley have conceded quite a few off late on the road as well. So think both games could be quite high scoring.

Just don't want to end up on a blank captain with the other guy scoring loads. :nervous:
Maybe I should go Aguero on the basis of...

a) City play on Saturday so that'd be a nice green arrow if he does some damage.

b) I can root against Liverpool more on Sunday.

Nickosaur

I've got 2FTs this week. In preparation for the blank GWs I'm booting out Kolasinac and Pererya for van Dijk and Brooks.

Sound sensible?

SteveTheRed

Suggestion on who to captain out of Sterling, Salah, Pogba and Aguero?
I'm leaning towards Salah because he needs to perform at some point. Been a bit quiet last few weeks. It's a tough choice, I have Sterling, Pogba and Salah all with good fixtures.

I could even be tempted to Captain Vardy against Fulham ...

Cabin Clown

How is GW32 shaping out? Does it mean the teams who go through in the FA cup have a double gameweek for 32 (United for example if we beat Wolves)? It's all a bit confusing. Thanks in advance - posting limit up.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I could even be tempted to Captain Vardy against Fulham ...
Is he definitely fit? He took a knock didn't he?
I'm tempted to bring him in for Rashford as he seems to be carrying a knock and isn't as central now.

Edit: just seen Martial is back too. Could mean Rashford completely rested I think. Or sharing the time.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
How is GW32 shaping out? Does it mean the teams who go through in the FA cup have a double gameweek for 32 (United for example if we beat Wolves)? It's all a bit confusing. Thanks in advance - posting limit up.
United and Wolves definitely have a DGW in 32. United and City definitely have a DGW in 35. These are the only things to be officially confirmed so far. Other news is expected to follow after the next round of the FA Cup.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I'm tempted to bring him in for Rashford as he seems to be carrying a knock and isn't as central now.

Edit: just seen Martial is back too. Could mean Rashford completely rested I think. Or sharing the time.
Vardy is fit, he’s my captain this weekend

SteveTheRed

Yes 99% sure, Rodgers said he has been training and was joking that his head injury hasn't stopped him talking so i'm sure he is fine to play.

Just need to weight up if it's worth the risk of going for a differential. I'm top in most leagues but 2nd in the one I really want to win.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yes 99% sure, Rodgers said he has been training and was joking that his head injury hasn't stopped him talking so i'm sure he is fine to play.

Just need to weight up if it's worth the risk of going for a differential. I'm top in most leagues but 2nd in the one I really want to win.
Same! I'm going for it. Rashford is a differential too but can't see him playing the full game. I'll bring him back for the double

ROFLUTION

Going for Fraser and Robertson.. Also good prospects in GW31 / GW33

City most likely will blank in GW33 (82% chance), so Aguero / Sterling probably have to go after this week to make way for Hazard+Higuain in GW31. (Freehit GW32)