Fantasy Premier League 19/20

SimonD

Any chance someone could pm me a code for the league?

Currently running with:

Ederson (Button)
Robertson Digne Ake (Lundstram Kelly)
Salah Sterling Sigurdsson Perez (Dendoncker)
Jota King Deulofeu​

Probably end up changing my team another dozen times before the deadline. Narrowly missed out on top 5k last season, hoping to prove it wasn't a fluke.

Dan_F

Liverpool have been struggling pre season, but it’s a risk not having three of their players in. I’m struggling to decide on Stones/Laporte, Perez/Tielemans, Firmino/Lacazette.

Even Martial/Rashford is tough. I’d rather Martial, but I feel like there’s better mid ranged midfielders to choose from than forwards.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Barkley is tempting me now to replace Zaha.

starman

Who been invested in pre season and how players are performing, these are my
dilemmas:

Maguire or AWB?
Who's going to be Spurs starting RB (presuming they dont sign anyone else)?
Pogba or Martial?
Aguero or Sterling (Can only afford one 12m player)
Zinchenko or Angelino?
4.5m Goalkeeper?

Last edited:

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Keep in mind fixtures guys, easy to get carried away with a team for the season but take note that Bournemouth and Everton have stonking starts. Plan ahead, use your free transfers to then rotate for the likes of Lanzini and Perez when they have a good run.

Reactions: Rood

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I’ve changed my team so many times already. Yet again 5 changes this morning. Just have the league start already.

Alisson / random £4m goalie
Robertson / Dunk / Maguire / Walker / Digne
Sigurdsson / Pepe / Barkley / Zaha / Perez
Rashford / Kane / Greenwood

I don’t particularly like Kane for the first few fixtures so might go with someone less expensive, maybe Wilson, and invest elsewhere. Dunk will be super valuable if he moves to Leicester.

Riz

I’ve changed my team so many times already. Yet again 5 changes this morning. Just have the league start already.

I don’t particularly like Kane for the first few fixtures so might go with someone less expensive, maybe Wilson, and invest elsewhere. Dunk will be super valuable if he moves to Leicester.
I thinks it’s suicide not to have any attackers from City or Liverpool. They’re the 2 best and highest scoring teams in the league.

I think a minimum 2 of Sterling, Salah, De Bruyne, Mane*, Aguero, Firmino are needed.

*wont start for a little while

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Arggghh. Back to toying with taking Salah out. Firmino played well for Brazil and scored again in pre season.

Double up on Everton and Bournemouth players.

Ryan
Van dijk Robertson digne
Zaha eriksen Sigurdsson Fraser sterling
Firmino king

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
I'll try to help.
Maguire or AWB?
Definitly AWB for now. Maguire is not a certain starter in the home opener. AWB is also a bps magnet.
Spurs starting RB?
It's probably Walker-Peters, but would avoid to choose him. Foyth might be given a shot at that spot and Aurier will be available at some point. Ake might be good shout with great fixtures. He is also listed as 5.0 and is as nailed as it gets.
Pogba or Martial?
I have Martial. I like the fact that he is a nailed in the first fixtures and has played up top. Think he is going to have a great season and is also cheaper than Pogba.
Aguero or Sterling?
Sterling. Not a debate atm. Agüero has not yet had a preseason with man shitty.
Zinhenko or Angelino?
Zinhenko without a question. Angelino provides cover for him. Mendy will be back at some point. Stones for 5.5 looks to nailed early on at least. Not a bad idea to double up on Zinhenko and Stones.

4.5 keepers
Pope & Heaton, rotation sounds solid to me.

Last edited:

Varun

Staff

Why walker over laporte? Barely gives attacking returns while Laporte does and has BPS going for him. I'd also wait on Pepe given his price, you can get KDB for that much.

In general, distinct lack of players in midfield and attack from the 2 teams who are head and shoulders above the rest.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Why walker over laporte? Barely gives attacking returns while Laporte does and has BPS going for him. I'd also wait on Pepe given his price, you can get KDB for that much.

In general, distinct lack of players in midfield and attack from the 2 teams who are head and shoulders above the rest.
Walker is £0.5m cheaper and will play every game too.

I have been trying to integrate a City or Liverpool player into my offense but Salah and Sterling are too expensive, Mane is injured and most of City team is constantly rotated. Pepe will play every game for Arsenal in an advanced position, De Bruyne will probably play 60% of City games although he’s the one who is the most tempting for me in that team (maybe Bernardo too though I was disappointed whenever I got him last season).

I have decided to go with Wilson instead of Kane for the first few games of season.

LuckyScout78

I am rethinking of Aube instead of Kane. Because of Spurs having City in the second round. But the risk of Aube is that mr.Emery might bench Aube.

Arsenal have Newcastle and Burnley at home. With new manager for Newcastle in Bruce. You will never know how solid Newcastle defend will be. Plus Arsenal strength the team with Ceballos and Pepe after i picked my fantasy team. So i am sure Arsenal will score many goals this season. With the support of Ceballos and Pepe. I think its smart to have Aube. And maybe Pepe at some stage in the season. Really good support for Arsenal strikers.

Varun

Staff
Walker is £0.5m cheaper and will play every game too.

I have been trying to integrate a City or Liverpool player into my offense but Salah and Sterling are too expensive, Mane is injured and most of City team is constantly rotated. Pepe will play every game for Arsenal in an advanced position, De Bruyne will probably play 60% of City games although he’s the one who is the most tempting for me in that team (maybe Bernardo too though I was disappointed whenever I got him last season).

I have decided to go with Wilson instead of Kane for the first few games of season.
Fair enough, I'd try to make the extra 0.5 to upgrade to Laporte though. KDB, I think is nailed if fit. No rotation risk there.

BootsyCollins

Changing all the time.
On this team currently :

Ederson (Button)
Robertson-AWB-Ake (Dunk, Lundstram)
Martial-Sterling-Salah(c)-Gundogan-Pereyra
Firminho(v)-King (Greenwood)

Tips to improve would be great, hope to be in the top of my minileague this year.

Neo_Mufc

I've noticed I have AWB, Pogba & Rashford.

Am I being too patriotic to the Utd? We don't have the easiest start as well. Thinking whether I should get rid of them all tbh.

Varun

Staff
I've noticed I have AWB, Pogba & Rashford.

Am I being too patriotic to the Utd? We don't have the easiest start as well. Thinking whether I should get rid of them all tbh.
Head over heart.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
This is it lads:

Pickford (£4m piece of garbage)
AWB - Laporte - Dunk - Robertson (Kelly)
Bernardo - Doucoure - KDB - Neves - Salah
Firminho (Jimenez, Greenwood)

Question marks over Jimenez being fit and firing, Mane probably not starting the season firing also, plus a cheeky hunch Greenwood will contribute for us have informed my picks and starting XI for the opening day.

Neo_Mufc

Head over heart.
You're right. If I was not a Utd fan I don't think I would be risking 3 Utd players. Based off results (I haven't watched any of our pre season) but looks like we've done ok but the premier league is a different kettle of fish.

I'll get rid and just go for a premium player instead.

Edit: Am I allowed to try and recruit a few people on the forum for a personal FPL league? It's a fee for entry. (doubt many people will anyway) but trying to grow it.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
----------------Ryan----------------
AWB--------Robertson---------TAA-----Chester
Fraser---Salah---James-----B Silva---Graelish
------------------Rashford---------------------

Bench: Fabianski, Giroud, Pukki, Aarons

On a side note, how is Salah still considered a midfielder

HackeyC

Like others I'm still tinkering. I'm starting to think that more defenders (i.e. full backs) could be the option this season. Not too much value in midfielder so could even make a case for mainly playing a 5-2-3 this time round.

Loris,
AA, Digne, Walker, Robertson Jonny
Sterling, Sigurdsson, Fraser
Wilson, Jota (or Jiminez if fit)

Bench
Ryan, Wesley, Hojbjerg, March

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
3 Bournemouth to start the season ?

Ryan
Dunk robertson Coleman
Salah ndombele/moura Fraser sterling sigurdsson
King Wilson

LuckyScout78

3 Bournemouth to start the season ?

Ryan
Dunk robertson Coleman
Salah ndombele/moura Fraser sterling sigurdsson
King Wilson
Yeah why not. Bournemouth dont have a difficult fixture in the beginning of the season. So i vote for that too.

I have 3 Bou players too. But i just see Brooks is injured. So i have to find a replacement for Brooks.

You always have to take your opponents level into account too. If they have a long run with easy matches. Like when Ole took over. Reasons to have those players.

Fixtures + level/quality of opponents teams

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Ok. Hopefully this is IT!

Pickford​
TAA - Robertson - Alderweireld - Ake
Sterling - Siggy - Pulisic - Fraser - Neves
Aguero​
Think Kane and an extra million to use is a better shout than Aguero personally.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I like that Shakesey, tempted by Moura as well as a ''cheaper'' attacking Spurs outlet but his rotation is a worry. But he should start the season until Sons back so perhaps a good shout for GW1&2.

If De Bruyne can stay injury free you're looking at 200pts based on his previous seasons. Just a little less than Sterlings haul over the past two years but saves you 2.5m.

nickyboy1981

2019/20 Penalty Takers:

Arsenal - Aubameyang
Aston Villa - Kodjia
Bournemouth - King
Brighton - Murray
Burnley - Barnes
Chelsea - Jorginho
Crystal Palace - Milivojevic
Everton - Sigurdsson
Leicester - Vardy
Liverpool - Milner
Manchester City - Aguero
Manchester United - Pogba
Newcastle - Ritchie
Norwich - Vrancic
Sheffield United - McGoldrick
Southampton - Ings
Tottenham - Kane
Watford - Deeney
West Ham - Noble
Wolves - Neves, Jimenez (both rotate taking penalties I believe)

I have Sigurdson, Milivojevic, King and Jimenez as my penalty takers in my team. Anyway, hope it helps!
Thanks man that's great!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Latest

Ederson
Robertson TAA WanB Zinchenko
Salah KDB Maddison Fraser
Vardy King

Button Peyreyra Greenwood Gibson