Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Pughnichi

I’ve gone defence heavy this time around

Henderson
Digne, Robertson, VanDijk, Laporte, Zinchenko
Mane, Sterling, Sigursson, Tielemans
Rashford

Weak bench but hoping they want be called upon with my first team pretty much nailed on starters....Zinchenko might slip behind Mendy after recovering from injury

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I’ve gone defence heavy this time around

Henderson
Digne, Robertson, VanDijk, Laporte, Zinchenko
Mane, Sterling, Sigursson, Tielemans
Rashford

Weak bench but hoping they want be called upon with my first team pretty much nailed on starters....Zinchenko might slip behind Mendy after recovering from injury
Laporte is out for the Community Shield and it remains to be seen if he'll be fit for the opening game. Stones at 5.5m could end up being a good choice. I expect he'll start the vast majority of games this season and he is a decent threat at set pieces.

Panther

My provisional squad: Ederson - AWB, Periera, TAA, Robertson - Perez, Bernardo Silva, Mane - Vardy, Wilson, Wesley (Subs: Button, Aarons, Dendoncker, Ward-Prowse).

Not sure how I can improve it, will probably try to get Pepe and one of Lacazette/Auba in before the deadline.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
It's like an automatic thing, like my team shows back in Red Cafe.

And my Twitter Premier League I reactivated and already has 40 or so players...

room for more so the code for Twitter Premier League is... aefj29
Hope you don't mind but I joined too :)

CHAMP20NSOFENGLAND - SHAMEEL ALI

Last edited by a moderator:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So big decisions then

1. Are the Liverpool full backs still worth it at 7m?
  2. Is it wise to go skimpy up top, or is a Kane/Aguero style big hitter needed?
  3. Midfield load up, Sterling/Salah and a couple of Martial type forwards?
  4. Is holding Maguire in your team to get 4 United players worth a punt, even starting v Chelsea, and Wolves?
  5. Are the likes of Origi, potentially only a starter for game 1 worth it? Or go for a solid 14 squad starters early doors (plus 2nd keeper)

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
So big decisions then

1. Are the Liverpool full backs still worth it at 7m?
  2. Is it wise to go skimpy up top, or is a Kane/Aguero style big hitter needed?
  3. Midfield load up, Sterling/Salah and a couple of Martial type forwards?
  4. Is holding Maguire in your team to get 4 United players worth a punt, even starting v Chelsea, and Wolves?
  5. Are the likes of Origi, potentially only a starter for game 1 worth it? Or go for a solid 14 squad starters early doors (plus 2nd keeper)
1. Definitely worth it. Look at their total points last season.
2. Depends on rest of your team. I've skimped.
3. Yes. Load up if you skimp on attack like I have.
4. No. No point doing that. We're not exactly City or Liverpool.
5. Get a solid first 11 plus at least one playing sub. Origi might be worth it but Firminho has already started playing so he'll likely start.

Patchbeard

Heaton
TAA Jones Lascelles
Salah Sterling Martial Zaha Maddison
Kane Origi

Bench - bunch of shite

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
My provisional squad: Ederson - AWB, Periera, TAA, Robertson - Perez, Bernardo Silva, Mane - Vardy, Wilson, Wesley (Subs: Button, Aarons, Dendoncker, Ward-Prowse).

Not sure how I can improve it, will probably try to get Pepe and one of Lacazette/Auba in before the deadline.
Brave to not get at least one of Salah or Sterling. And not even Kane or Aguero up top to compensate. Needs looking at imo.

HackeyC

Loris
TAA Digne AWB
Sterling Antonio Zaha Moutinho
Lacazette Deulofeu Jiminez

Bench
Ryan, Pereira (Leic), Hojbjerg, Cathcart

Logic for this is driven by a week 1 bench boost. My doubts are Antonio or Felipe Anderson, Jota or Jiminez, Moutinho or Neves.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
So... I promised myself I was going to concentrate on defense this season and try to get quality all over the pitch.

It was short-lived.

Ederson​
Van Dijk - AWB - Ake - feckin Kelly
Salah - Sterling - Fraser - Neves
Kane - Jimenez​

If feckin Kelly doesn't play then I will hope any one of feckin Simpson, Dendoncker or dearest Greenwood play. If none play (likely), then I'll be competing with 10. Teams often play better with 10, innit?

Oh, and if Ederson gets injured then I have feckin Button as backup.

Last edited:

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Feeling very confident about this team.

Ederson
Robertson - Alexander-Arnold - Digne
Salah - Sigurdsson - De Bruyne - Perez
King - Jimenez - Deulofeu
Sub: Aarons, Dendoncker, Kelly

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Got to be too weak up front surely?

You basically only have Bournemouth strikers as greenwood will be occasional sub 1 pointers.
I don't think so. King and Wilson had a combined 26 goals and 15 assists last year. There is value in those picks and they will play every single game when fit. Greenwood is gonna be on my bench from start to finish. The idea is to spend as little as possible on the bench players.

Also note that you can pretty much count Zaha, Sterling, Salah and Martial as strikers if you look at their avarage position. Pretty much firepower in my opinion.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Do people anticipate Martial to be a regular starter this year? I want to bring him in and I have the money to do it... just feel like Sigurdsson is the better option?

Also, is Barkley gonna be a starter? He is doing ok in preseason and seems to be on pens. Might be a great shout as a 6.0 midfielder for Chelsea.

Last edited:

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I think Barkley will start but he'll be susceptible to being brought off. Townsend might be a good alternative.

kps88

Ederson
What position does Perez play for Leicester? Is he 100% nailed on?

SteveTheRed

Ederson
Nice, I've gone a bit similar but few changes , Sterling over KDB, extra £ to get Ozil which is a gamble.

DDG​
Robertson - Periera - Digne - Diop
Salah - Sigurdsson - Sterling- Ozil
Wilson - Benteke
Subs: Dendoncker, Greenwood and Lundstram

Keefy18

Yeah that's a valid point re the fixtures, still with the assists the fullbacks get, they score about the same points as premium strikers (but at a fraction of the price), Robertson (7m) finished on 213 points, while Auba(11) was top striker on 205 points. And I have no doubts they would be able to assist/score against Chelsea and Arsenal.

It may come back to bite me but atm I have no premium strikers, especially as Kane is such a slow starter, I will probably try and fit him in after the first couple weeks.
Some good points.

As I say, I might try work 1 of them into the back line alright.

I think most players are without a top forward at the moment, considering Aguero but I've Sterling anyway and I think their defence will rack up plenty of points and doubled up with the keeper and Laporte.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Squad #17843

Ryan
Dunk vanAanholt Robertson Aarons
Sigurdsson Perez Zaha Salah Sterling
Kane
Bench: Button, Wickham, Reid, Greenwood.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Allison
Laporte TAA Digne Ake
Sterling Mane Zaha Dendocker
Auba King

Subs: Greenwood Guendouzi Kelly Button

Suggestions welcome :)

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Squad #17843

Ryan
Dunk vanAanholt Robertson Aarons
Sigurdsson Perez Zaha Salah Sterling
Kane
Bench: Button, Wickham, Reid, Greenwood.
Doesn’t actually look that bad even though you’ve squeezed three big hitters in there. Still think it’s better to have a more balanced squad. You want one or two big players for captaincy options but three probably isn’t a must.

Does look quite good though, better than I thought a Salah/Sterling/Kane team would.

Heardy

GK: Alison
Defenders: AWB van Dijk Maguire
Midfielders: Sterling B.Silva Perez Ndombele
Forwards: Kane Rashford King

Bench: Heaton Simpson Dunk Longstaff

Thoughts? Not a good idea having two united in defence?

As much as I hate to say it, bit nervous not having any of Liverpool’s front line.

Would you go with Kane and King or Firminho and Wilson (or someone else below 8m).

Last edited:

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
That's a brave team. Liverpool are going to score a lot of goals, you need at least one of Mane/Salah/Firmino in my opinion.

Doesn’t actually look that bad even though you’ve squeezed three big hitters in there. Still think it’s better to have a more balanced squad. You want one or two big players for captaincy options but three probably isn’t a must.

Does look quite good though, better than I thought a Salah/Sterling/Kane team would.
I was just messing about with it at work when it was brought up in discussion if you could fit those three in.
It hinges on finding which one of the 4.5m defenders from the newly promoted teams will do best. Aarons is the only one I've actually heard of so.... :p Could get better if Dunk moves to Leicester.

I was settled on not having Salah at all, you can make a great looking balanced squad

Ryan
Bissaka Walker Robertson vanDijk
Sigurdsson Perez Zaha Eriksen Sterling
Firmino

Arguable you cover Salahs contributions with three other Liverpool players and a better defence but.. I'm not risking it.

Obviously all this palaver goes out the window once we know after a few weeks who's in form and whatnot and we all play wildcards :rolleyes:

Heardy

As much as I hate to say it, bit nervous not having any of Liverpool’s front line.

Would you go with Kane and King or Firminho and Wilson (or someone else below 8m).
Really struggling to accommodate Liverpool’s frontline without massively cutting everywhere else.

I could replace Kane with Firminho and swap silva with a gamble on Pepe

SATA

Anyone got Pepe in their teams? 9.5 seems abit high for someone relatively untested and unknown yet in the PL

Varun

Staff
KDB + Dedoncker or Sigurdsson + King/Deulefou/Jota?

Anyone got Pepe in their teams? 9.5 seems abit high for someone relatively untested and unknown yet in the PL
Priced too high. You can get KDB for that much ffs.

Varun

Staff

Just 2 players from city and pool is a bit less imo. Those are the 2 stand out teams in the league. You want good representation there