Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Codie

Does anyone have a definitive list of penalty takers? What with VAR n'all..
2019/20 Penalty Takers:

Arsenal - Aubameyang
Aston Villa - Kodjia
Bournemouth - King
Brighton - Murray
Burnley - Barnes
Chelsea - Jorginho
Crystal Palace - Milivojevic
Everton - Sigurdsson
Leicester - Vardy
Liverpool - Milner
Manchester City - Aguero
Manchester United - Pogba
Newcastle - Ritchie
Norwich - Vrancic
Sheffield United - McGoldrick
Southampton - Ings
Tottenham - Kane
Watford - Deeney
West Ham - Noble
Wolves - Neves, Jimenez (both rotate taking penalties I believe)

I have Sigurdson, Milivojevic, King and Jimenez as my penalty takers in my team. Anyway, hope it helps!

Keefy18

Team so far - It'll change 101 times between now and KO I'm sure.

I need to read up on the pre season guides and get a better idea of what's what.

Keefy18

Anyone know of any really good cash leagues to get into? Nice to add a bit of extra challenge to proceedings!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

I need to read up on the pre season guides and get a better idea of what's what.

You don't need Foster as backup for Ederson. A 4.0 will do, which gives you another mil to play with.

Adcuth

2019/20 Penalty Takers:

Arsenal - Aubameyang
Aston Villa - Kodjia
Bournemouth - King
Brighton - Murray
Burnley - Barnes
Chelsea - Jorginho
Crystal Palace - Milivojevic
Everton - Sigurdsson
Leicester - Vardy
Liverpool - Milner
Manchester City - Aguero
Manchester United - Pogba
Newcastle - Ritchie
Norwich - Vrancic
Sheffield United - McGoldrick
Southampton - Ings
Tottenham - Kane
Watford - Deeney
West Ham - Noble
Wolves - Neves, Jimenez (both rotate taking penalties I believe)

I have Sigurdson, Milivojevic, King and Jimenez as my penalty takers in my team. Anyway, hope it helps!
Now do a list if how many penalties each team got and converted :D

Keefy18

You don't need Foster as backup for Ederson. A 4.0 will do, which gives you another mil to play with.
I always like to have a solid 2nd keeper as well.

Nothing worse if you have to take a 4pt hit on the off chance of a keeper getting injured / suspended / rested / dropped.

In the last season or two I've found that finding that hidden cheap gem in defence / midfield is far more beneficial. Last season it was Doherty (Wolves) or Fraser (Bournemouth).

Every year there is always those types of players, just a case of getting onto them early.

Codie

I would say having no Liverpool defenders is a risk, maybe swap Ederson with Alisson if you can’t afford to swap one of your defenders for TAA or VVD. They have a nice home game against Norwich first up, while city are away to West Ham.

Keefy18

I would say having no Liverpool defenders is a risk, maybe swap Ederson with Alisson if you can’t afford to swap one of your defenders for TAA or VVD. They have a nice home game against Norwich first up, while city are away to West Ham.
City only play Spurs (Top 6 side) in the opening 11 fixtures.

Liverpool play Arsenal & Chelsea in the opening 6.

I did consider VVD. The full backs are fecking ridiculous at 7m a piece but I might try work 1 of the 2 in.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Took Maddison out for Tielsmans and upgraded Azpilicueta to Laporte

Fabianski
Laporte van Dijk Robertson
Zaha Tielemans Eriksen Sigurdsson Sterling
King Firmino

I have no bench though. Button, Wickham, Kelly, Rico. Think that might come back to bite me.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Took Maddison out for Tielsmans and upgraded Azpilicueta to Laporte

Fabianski
Laporte van Dijk Robertson
Zaha Tielemans Eriksen Sigurdsson Sterling
King Firmino

I have no bench though. Button, Wickham, Kelly, Rico. Think that might come back to bite me.
That’s what the wildcard is for :cool:

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I’m doing something a little insane here which involves starting Greenwood:

Ryan/Button

Zichenko/TAA/Robertson/Lundstram/Rico

Sterling/Salah/KdB/Perez/Dedoncker

Wilson/Delefeou/Greenwood

Lundstrom, Dedoncker, and Rico on the bench and I suppose I could downgrade one of the pool defenders to VVD and use the extra .5 to get Catchcart or something

Codie

City only play Spurs (Top 6 side) in the opening 11 fixtures.

Liverpool play Arsenal & Chelsea in the opening 6.

I did consider VVD. The full backs are fecking ridiculous at 7m a piece but I might try work 1 of the 2 in.
Yeah that's a valid point re the fixtures, still with the assists the fullbacks get, they score about the same points as premium strikers (but at a fraction of the price), Robertson (7m) finished on 213 points, while Auba(11) was top striker on 205 points. And I have no doubts they would be able to assist/score against Chelsea and Arsenal.

It may come back to bite me but atm I have no premium strikers, especially as Kane is such a slow starter, I will probably try and fit him in after the first couple weeks.

Now do a list if how many penalties each team got and converted :D
Ask and you shall receive my friend;

Penalties 2018/19 Awarded Scored

Manchester United 12 9
Crystal Palace 11 10
Bournemouth 9 7
Leicester City 7 5
Liverpool 6 6
Chelsea 5 5
Brighton 5 4
Southampton 5 4
Everton 5 2
Arsenal 5 4
Spurs 4 4
Wolves 4 4
Man City 4 3
Newcastle 3 1
Watford 1 1

Obviously with VAR coming in these numbers will significantly increase but it is interesting to see the likes of Watford only awarded one penalty the whole season! Also Everton and Utd with rather poor conversion rates. I have Sigurdson in my team so I hope he has worked on his penalties this pre-season:D

I have 4 penalty takers in my team this year - I'm banking on there being a lot of early penalties. After a few weeks/months once everyone is a bit more used to the VAR rules they may dry up a bit, then I will swap Sigurdson for Richarlison or Milovejic for Zaha for example.

Reactions: Rood

Codie

How do you change team's formation?
When you go into 'My Team' you can play around with your formation. If you wish to have a 4-3-3 formation for example, you simple need to have all three strikers on the field, while pushing a mid to the bench, or if you wish to have 3-5-2 for example, then you would just substitute a striker for a defender and then it automatically updates your formation.

Brian McNair

When you go into 'My Team' you can play around with your formation. If you wish to have a 4-3-3 formation for example, you simple need to have all three strikers on the field, while pushing a mid to the bench, or if you wish to have 3-5-2 for example, then you would just substitute a striker for a defender and then it automatically updates your formation.
Thank you very much Codie

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Just tweaked my team to the following:

Pickford
Robertson VVD Gibson Zinchenko
Salah Sterling Sigurdsson Pereyra
Lacazette King

Wanted Digne for FK’s and Auba for PK’s but can’t quite justify it.

Gibson and Zinchenko are gambles but help to facilitate a lot more. May switch Robertson for TAA for output.

Also conscious of not having at least 1 FW in the premium/near premium price range as it makes life a lot easier to rotate through them rather than force wholesale changes when necessary. There’s a lot to be said for retaining value in key positions and being closer to bringing Kane / Aguero in is always a bonus.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Latest draft...

Ryan (Button)

VVD / Digne / Zinchenko (Lundstram) (Taylor)

Salah / Sterling / KDB / Ceballos / Perez

Wilson / Barnes (Greenwood)

Bit less templatey than the rest and possibly one too many punts in there so no doubt it won't be the one I settle on.

iammemphis

Really happy with this at the moment. Will last quite a few games before i activate the wildcard (ignore captains).

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Convinced myself to downgrade van dijk to Digne to get some money in for a cheap playing defender to sit on the bench (Lascelles) for cover just in case for late injuries. The plan was to use the free transfers to cover for such occasions but even then it can still go wrong. I trust Digne to offer more of a threat this season than van dijk and for Liverpool to concede a lot more this time round.

Canuckred64

Really happy with this at the moment. Will last quite a few games before i activate the wildcard (ignore captains).

You likely have two non playing defenders, (Simpson and Kelly) which is risky. Not sure about Capoue either who has to start with this team. I would downgrade Wilson to King and use the 1.5m to upgrade Capoue, but that's just me. The rest of team is quite good.

iammemphis

You likely have two non playing defenders, (Simpson and Kelly) which is risky. Not sure about Capoue either who has to start with this team. I would downgrade Wilson to King and use thev1.5m to upgrade Capoue, but that's just me. The rest of team is quite good.
Capoue will start (always does and Watford haven’t signed another first team CM), and in previous seasons he has been a high point scorer when on a run of form. I intend to use the wildcard in 6-7 games, where i will bring in Son somewhere maybe and take Kane out. Im just not sure on King. I don’t intend on getting any points from my subs til the wildcard comes in and i can jump on any bandwagons of players on good form.

BootsyCollins

This was hard. Have the prizes gone up?

Went with :
-----------Ederson-------
Robertson-Laporte-Ake
Martial-Pogba-Mane-B.Silva
Kane-Greenwood-King

Bench : Ryan, Simpson, Neves, Lundstrom

The last years have showed me i suck at this game, so any tips are welcomed.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
This was hard. Have the prizes gone up?

Went with :
-----------Ederson-------
Robertson-Laporte-Ake
Martial-Pogba-Mane-B.Silva
Kane-Greenwood-King

Bench : Ryan, Simpson, Neves, Lundstrom

The last years have showed me i suck at this game, so any tips are welcomed.
Martial Pogba and Greenwood sounds like a recipe for disaster.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Team thus far:

Lloris, Arnold, van Dijk, Digne, Alderweireld, Perez, Zaha, Fraser, Sterling, Kane Wilson. Subs are Nyland, Kelly, Greenwood and Hayden.

Main things I'm debating are whether to put de Bruyne in and sacrifice Fraser and Perez for him and Dendoncker. Fancy de Bruyne to do well this season but still anticipate I'd be better off with two players around the 7m mark rather than de Bruyne and a 4.5m player who isn't going to pick many points up. Also have 0.5m spare so tempted to swap Perez for Maddison.

iammemphis

Kane to Vardy, Richarlison to Perez, Anderson to Brooks. Capoue to Sterling
Appreciate the input, personally don’t like the gamble on Perez starting. Richarlison is going to be Everton’s main attacking outlet with their really good run of games. Vardy has some difficult games, and once West Ham get City out the way their run of games looks very favourable.

Jonno

Getting there slowly, Robertson and TAA are essential for 7m a piece, Origi will probably start the first couple of Liverpool games with Salah and Mane barely getting any rest this summer. Greenwood hopefully to be a good investment