Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
tottenham have grey fixtures coming up. Just got 82 points this week and worst case I have 2 transfers saved up should I need to adjust.

I know having 4 midfielders from just two different teams is risky but it’s been paying huge dividends over the past 3 weeks ;)
Grey? Or Great?

If it's great, I'm not sure you're correct, Wolves away and Chelsea home next up

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
See a lot of people moving out KDB for Son but I think I might go Mane > Son for GW18 instead.

WeekManeSonKDB
GW18BLANKChelsea (home)Leicester (home)
GW19Leicester (away)Brighton (home)Wolves (away)
GW20Wolves (home)Norwich (away)Sheffield United (home)
GW21Sheffield United (home)Southampton (away)Everton (home)
GW22Spurs (away)Liverpool (home)Villa (away)
GW23Manchester United (home)Watford (away)Palace (home)
GW24Wolves (away)Norwich (home)Sheffield United (away)

Spurs double or triple up could be very profitable during that run.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Tempted to do KDB out for Son, which would double up on Spurs with Alli, and mean no City players, which feels wrong.

SweetRightFoot

Went pretty risky and took out D. Silva and Maddison to bring in Alli and James.

Fairly convinced I've made a massive cock up. City will probably bounce back and Alli might go quiet, although he is thriving under Mourinho. Expect James to get some good points over the next few weeks too. I do feel a bit mad taking out Maddison but I've already got Vardy and Perreira so hopefully I've got them covered.

ROFLUTION

So who's the best goalkeeper option for the next 4 gameweeks? with Christmas-schedule in mind too

Nickosaur

So who's the best goalkeeper option for the next 4 gameweeks? with Christmas-schedule in mind too
Goalkeeper is the position i worry the least about. Far less stressful to pick one of Pope, Ryan, Henderson and stick with them.

Quick glance at the xmas fixtures... if you're willing to spend a bit more than the ones i mentioned, Guaita is probably the best pick.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
When's the first one?
There is likely to be an early one with just Liverpool and West Ham which is ideal for a Mane/Salah triple captain chip imo.

Outside of that we won't know until the later stages of the cups. Pretty much always one in GW37 although there might not be a lot to play for by then.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Grey? Or Great?

If it's great, I'm not sure you're correct, Wolves away and Chelsea home next up
chelsea have looked poor lately and wolves aren’t unbreakable

and they dont play chelsea until may 9

Liverpool are virtually fixture proof

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Pope / Button
Van Dijk / Dunk / Lundstram / Willems / Soyuncu
Alli / KDB / Maddison / Son / Richarlison
Jimenez / Vardy / Abraham

Absolutely digging that team of mine now. 3 at the back consistently, 8 killers to choose 7 players for my front line and midfield.

Sarni

Tempted to do KDB out for Son, which would double up on Spurs with Alli, and mean no City players, which feels wrong.
Taking KDB way too expensive for me now. He's 10.2 but I've had him from day one so can only get 9.8. Similar with Lundstram, Vardy and Soyuncu all of whom I bought low.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Taking KDB way too expensive for me now. He's 10.2 but I've had him from day one so can only get 9.8. Similar with Lundstram, Vardy and Soyuncu all of whom I bought low.
I'll probably only ditch him if Pep gives up on the league and he starts missing games or if he gets a long term injury of course. I had him at 9.5. Clearly under priced by FPL towers based on his injury plagued 18-19 season.

Pope / Button
Van Dijk / Dunk / Lundstram / Willems / Soyuncu
Alli / KDB / Maddison / Son / Richarlison
Jimenez / Vardy / Abraham

Absolutely digging that team of mine now. 3 at the back consistently, 8 killers to choose 7 players for my front line and midfield.
That's really strong. Wildcard team? Only player really missing is Rashford in that front line but I guess you can't afford him over Jimenez?

Sarni

I'll probably only ditch him if Pep gives up on the league and he starts missing games or if he gets a long term injury of course. I had him at 9.5. Clearly under priced by FPL towers based on his injury plagued 18-19 season.

That's really strong. Wildcard team? Only player really missing is Rashford in that front line but I guess you can't afford him over Jimenez?
I can't. I spend -8 to get this but I don't care since everyone in my league is spending and they are all chasing me anyway.

Can't afford Rashford over Jimenez unfortunately. Could with downgrading VVD but I don't want that. Part of the reason I made transfers yesterday is that I barely scrapped the funds, it won't be possible after prices increase (I traded away TAA, Pulisic, James and Kane).

Same with KDB. His production is too good to take him out now but if they give up on their campaign he's gone. A part of me is tempted to do KDB + VVD out for Mane + Kelly but realistically that's not worth it.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Pep said it’s impossible for them to catch Liverpool, so I did kdb to Salah. Kdb is dropping so if Salah doesn’t work out I can switch back

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
chelsea have looked poor lately and wolves aren’t unbreakable

and they dont play chelsea until may 9

Liverpool are virtually fixture proof
I was only about Tottenham's fixtures, as you said they were good. But Wolves away and Chelsea (big rivals of theirs) at home aren't particularly good.

I wasn't mentioning Liverpool in this sense?!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Pep said it’s impossible for them to catch Liverpool, so I did kdb to Salah. Kdb is dropping so if Salah doesn’t work out I can switch back
They won't catch them, but it doesn't mean De Bruyne will become a poor pick?!

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I was only about Tottenham's fixtures, as you said they were good. But Wolves away and Chelsea (big rivals of theirs) at home aren't particularly good.

I wasn't mentioning Liverpool in this sense?!
my bad, I misread the quote you were quoting me from :lol:

I don’t think kdb is a poor pick by any means but I think Salah has a much higher ceiling. I think city’s motivation will take a hit now and they’ll focus more on CL.

again, worst case I can always swap Salah back out to anyone else in the game from midfield with two transfers currently saved

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
my bad, I misread the quote you were quoting me from :lol:

I don’t think kdb is a poor pick by any means but I think Salah has a much higher ceiling. I think city’s motivation will take a hit now and they’ll focus more on CL.

again, worst case I can always swap Salah back out to anyone else in the game from midfield with two transfers currently saved
Salah is still pretty expensive and takes a good chunk of value from elsewhere. Mane does a good job covering Salah at a cheaper price.

On the right day though, having the pair of them could yield massive points, but for overall balance, Mane & De Bruyne takes some beating.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Salah is 0.1 cheaper than Mane atm ;)
Wow, well corrected mate.

That's an incredible turnaround.... when I brought Mane in, I'm sure there was a good 0.7-0.8m in it!

I have Mane at 12 in my team, he's 12.3, so i must have brought him at 11.6/11.7, when Salah was about 12.4

Very expensive to have both though, quarter of the value on 2 players!

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Salah is still pretty expensive and takes a good chunk of value from elsewhere. Mane does a good job covering Salah at a cheaper price.

On the right day though, having the pair of them could yield massive points, but for overall balance, Mane & De Bruyne takes some beating.
You're right and I'm not gonna double up for the whole season but with baited breath. Hopefully they do enough against Watford before the blank week to justify the cost.

ROFLUTION

Goalkeeper is the position i worry the least about. Far less stressful to pick one of Pope, Ryan, Henderson and stick with them.

Quick glance at the xmas fixtures... if you're willing to spend a bit more than the ones i mentioned, Guaita is probably the best pick.
Well my team is almost perfect at the moment, so nitpicking goalies is what I'm up to these days :drool: Might go Guaita. A bit concerned about how many injuries in defence Palace have, but then again they kept a clean sheet 3 times in a row under these circumstances. Burnley let in a lot of goals, so I'm not too keen on Pope. Guaita it is.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Looks like 82 for me with no Spurs attacking assets. Auba already transferred out last night. Been a dreadful season until now.

ROFLUTION

KDB is a season long hold for me. He's amazing in every single game, albeit City have little to play for. Got in early though, so I'm influenced by that, but for me he's the most reliable point-getter from City. Probably will be rested at some point though (City got punished for resting him last time)

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
KDB is a season long hold for me. He's amazing in every single game, albeit City have little to play for. Got in early though, so I'm influenced by that, but for me he's the most reliable point-getter from City. Probably will be rested at some point though (City got punished for resting him last time)
I'll probably keep him but Son is mighty tempting at the mo.

ROFLUTION

I'll probably keep him but Son is mighty tempting at the mo.
Have em both like me :drool:

Current team:
Guaita
Robertson - TAA - Lundstram - Soyuncu - Bellerin (shipping him out soon)
Son - KDB - Zaha - Mount - Cantwell
Abraham - Rashford - Vardy

I'd like Mané but the train has gone and Liverpool sit on bad fixtures after their blank GW. I'll have to do with TAA and Robertson instead for now.

IrishRedDevil

80 points this week. I have a solid team, but I’ve rolled the dice and made 3 transfers, in an attempt to push on.

IrishRedDevil

Aubameyang has been a good pick for me and a differential. I didn’t want to get rid of him but Arsenal’s upcoming fixtures are difficult, although I reckon he will still score goals no matter who they play so I was reluctant to remove him.

I’ve switched Aubameyang and Martial to Rashford and Son. I could see myself reverting back to Aubameyang and Martial after a while.

SteveTheRed

I see people dropping KDB but every time i've watched him he has been quality. Even in the game against us, he could have had a couple of assists! I got him at 9,6 so very reluctant to get rid, still is the best City asset for me.

Aubameyang has been a good pick for me and a differential. I didn’t want to get rid of him but Arsenal’s upcoming fixtures are difficult, although I reckon he will still score goals no matter who they play so I was reluctant to remove him.

I’ve switched Aubameyang and Martial to Rashford and Son. I could see myself reverting back to Aubameyang and Martial after a while.
Same for me, I said to my self after West ham I will drop him. Then he scores and assists and it makes me think I should hold on...bad fixtures coming up though.