Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
One of those dreadful weeks where I haven't even risked looking at my work league table.

Rivals had Gazza and Pope saving pens, Jiminez scoring etc.
Hope a lot have captained Vardy.

I would guess my only player to get higher than 2-3 is Arnold Alexander who must be sitting on about 10 or so

Paul_Scholes18

This was the worst week I have ever had in fantasy I think.
Only TAA got me some points, but almost everyone got him and that goal hurt.

I might just give him the armband for the double. Liverpool is going to get at least 1 clean sheet I think.
Maybe 2 given how they seem to get them against anyone. 7 in a row now.
He is great in attack and might get 1-2 assists on top of that.

Neither Salah nor Mane look that great at the moment anyway.
Wolves and West Ham are probably not going to be smashed. 1-0 or 2-0 would be my predictions for those games.
It feels like Liverpool are happy with getting the wins and keeping the leads as they are rather than going for big wins at the moment.

Neo_Mufc

64 points :). I feel like thats decent. My Wildcard paid off.

Bringing in VVD - Had a feeling he would pick up a goal somewhere(dissapointed that it was against us).
Gomez - Cheap for what he offers
Swapped Mane for Salah(Captain) - got me 14 points unlucky to get any bonus but expected due to defenders
Fleck - 10 points

Just don't know what to do with Rashford now....

Paul_Scholes18

64 points :). I feel like thats decent. My Wildcard paid off.

Bringing in VVD - Had a feeling he would pick up a goal somewhere(dissapointed that it was against us).
Gomez - Cheap for what he offers
Swapped Mane for Salah(Captain) - got me 14 points unlucky to get any bonus but expected due to defenders
Fleck - 10 points

Just don't know what to do with Rashford now....
Damn you for playing against Man United like that!

Neo_Mufc

Damn you for playing against Man United like that!
Tbh I've been preparing for the DGW so I had to make my wild card for this game unfortunately against Utd.

My brain said Lpool cs but my heart was Utd 1-1.

I brought in Grealish too. The players that let me down were bringing in Mahrez and Rashford.

I'll give Mahrez another chance but I'll be pressing that triple captain button before the gameweek starts on Salah.

If he can pick up 10 points in each match. That's 60points which is huge.

Leonzo1

Wildcard played.

Ryan
TAA Dunk Williams
Salah KDB Grealish Martial
Greenwood Aguero Firmino

Bench: Henderson,Kelly,Lundstram,Cantwell.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
68 points, that’s excellent. Took the lead in my league as the leader only had 39.

Took Chilwell out for Williams. Have £2.3m in the bank but no intention to use it for now, keeping it for flexibility.

Pope
Lundstram Baldock Williams TAA Gomez
Salah Maddison Traore KDB Martial
Ings DCL Vardy

KDB and Vardy are super boring but taking them out would be too expensive as I got them for £9.5m and £9.0m respectively so would lose a ton of value.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Really can’t decide between TAA and Salah for triple captain...

Paul_Scholes18

Anyone looking for West Ham players for the double? Probably not going to get much, but could be worth a punt.
Snodgrass for 5.2 is pretty good since it free up potential money for future moves too, but not sure he will play both.

Noble will, but there is 0 chance of a pen against Pool though so that doesn't help.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Anyone looking for West Ham players for the double? Probably not going to get much, but could be worth a punt.
Snodgrass for 5.2 is pretty good since it free up potential money for future moves too, but not sure he will play both.

Noble will, but there is 0 chance of a pen against Pool though so that doesn't help.
I'm going to wait and see if Richarlison passes the fitness test. If he doesn't then I'll get Snodders in. And then take him straight back out for GW25 for Grealish!

Biggest dilemma this week is triple captain or not.

Paul_Scholes18

I'm going to wait and see if Richarlison passes the fitness test. If he doesn't then I'll get Snodders in. And then take him straight back out for GW25 for Grealish!

Biggest dilemma this week is triple captain or not.
I am going to wait, but I am always waiting far too much. The next doubles might have better fixtures, but there could be more rotation.
Not sure there is any hard fixtures for Liverpool anyway so might as well do it now ;). TAA got 20+ points against Leicester away. Scored against Chelsea and big haul against us.
Salah has yet to score away from home. Mane got two blanks. Firmino is very hard to predict, but normally scores his goals away from home so not sure who is the optimal captain here.

I like trying it on Aguero since he is so bloody explosive. Although he might not play both or at all.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Theres chance of another double gameweek coming up right? Don’t know if i could get greedy with an easier set of fixtures for Liverpool than two away games.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Man, I want to bring Aguero in for Rashford but having just brought Robertson in for the double makes it impossible.

Would take weeks to do as well now, without doing a -8 or worse.

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

Theres chance of another double gameweek coming up right? Don’t know if i could get greedy with an easier set of fixtures for Liverpool than two away games.
For me I am aiming for City potentially. They could have 3 double gameweeks if they go far in both cups like last season.
Thus one of them could be with great fixtures. Predicting Pep is a nightmare though so I might be stupid enough to try it.

Paul_Scholes18

Man, I want to bring Aguero in for Rashford but having just brought Robertson in for the double makes it impossible.

Looking at the fixtures I would not rush it. Maybe try to get him for West Ham at home and captain him there.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Looking at the fixtures I would not rush it. Maybe try to get him for West Ham at home and captain him there.
Might just have to do Jiminez instead to be honest. Fixtures are bad but they're a decent team against the big guns and they play us so good chance of a goal there.

Paul_Scholes18

Might just have to do Jiminez instead to be honest. Fixtures are bad but they're a decent team against the big guns and they play us so good chance of a goal there.
Is it good to play us ;). We got 2 clean sheets against them in the cup. Although that was with clean sheet Romero in goal.

IrishRedDevil

Same here. I had it almost done but just couldn’t click confirm on the -8. It would take the shine off the double gameweek.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Same here. I had it almost done but just couldn’t click confirm on the -8. It would take the shine off the double gameweek.
Yeah it's not worth it. I mean, it obviously could be with the right hauls, but too often I've taken a hit and regretted it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Was going to bring Robertson in. Rashford injury means I have gone Salah n Calvert-Lewin in and Maddison and Rashford out.

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah it's not worth it. I mean, it obviously could be with the right hauls, but too often I've taken a hit and regretted it.
Pep could just bench him as he did after the 8-0 win over Watford. I think the time to punt on him might be for double gameweeks and when you want him as your captain.
If Jesus gets injured it would help too.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The other question is now what to do with Martial..he'll be on pens now, but we're just not as good without Rashford.

Paul_Scholes18

The other question is now what to do with Martial..he'll be on pens now, but we're just not as good without Rashford.
Keep him for the easy games at least. He is still pretty cheap for his potential even if he is not scoring a lot so far.
Although just having Greenwood now might be better since he should play a lot and it frees up enough money to get Aguero potentially.

Neo_Mufc

Replacements for Rashford that I am looking @

1. Calvert-Lewin - Picking up points since Ancelotti has returned. At 5.9million its not the worst investment in the world.
2. Greenwood - 4.3m, maybe he starts the next 2 games at home and he scores in both. Could be a nice little differential. With Vardy slowing up, it could free up a lot of money to maybe bring in Aguero(but they do have some tricky games coming up.
3. Callum Wilson - Tbh I wouldn't bring him in BUT Bournemouths form has to turn eventually and with the next 2 games at H you have to feel he must be pivotal in order for them to get some points.

Any others?

Paul_Scholes18

Replacements for Rashford that I am looking @

1. Calvert-Lewin - Picking up points since Ancelotti has returned. At 5.9million its not the worst investment in the world.
2. Greenwood - 4.3m, maybe he starts the next 2 games at home and he scores in both. Could be a nice little differential. With Vardy slowing up, it could free up a lot of money to maybe bring in Aguero(but they do have some tricky games coming up.
3. Callum Wilson - Tbh I wouldn't bring him in BUT Bournemouths form has to turn eventually and with the next 2 games at H you have to feel he must be pivotal in order for them to get some points.

Any others?
Firmino for the double unless you got 3 already. Maupay if you go cheap. Not fully trusting Brighton, but they got Bournemouth next so that could be good.
Deeney against Villa too could be good even though he missed a pen.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Anyone considering getting rid of Vardy? Leicester look off form he's got West Ham next but they have been tight at the back lately and the 3 after that aren't great either.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Meh 48 points. Plenty of green arrows though so can't complain. With Sarr picking up a knock I toyed with the idea of bringing in a West Ham midfielder for a punt but tbh I don't think they're worth it and I'm just booking in a transfer tor remove them again later. Annoyingly £0.1m short for Grealish so Sarr > Doucore it is. Triple captain Mane or TAA (60-40 on Mane at moment). Might take a chance and bench Jimenez too.

McCarthy

TAA (tvc) / Robertson / Holgate / Soyunco

Mane (tc) / Martial / Doucore / KDB

Vardy / Abraham

Subs : Ryan / Jimenez / Cantwell / Lundstram

Red Star One

Very good week for me, finally. For the DGW I've punted on Greenwood, allowing me to field Salah (TC most likely), Mane and TAA.

hubbuh

Is anyone going to start Greenwood vs Burnley? Midfield is Mane (vs) - KdB - Salah (c) - Martial - Grealish, with Ings - Vardy up top. Bit of a squeeze.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Anyone considering getting rid of Vardy? Leicester look off form he's got West Ham next but they have been tight at the back lately and the 3 after that aren't great either.
Yeah, I think a lot of people are considering it, but Rashford and possibly Abraham are bigger priorities to go, and then who do you bring in? Ings is somewhat obvious, but Jimenez has a terrible three fixtures and Aguero too. It's not the sort of thing you want to be taking hits for.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
What's your other Liverpool assets? I'm not the biggest fan of Alisson taking one of the spots, even if he managed an assist yesterday, more value in other GKs I believe and I'd much rather TAA/Robertson for LFC's clean sheets.
Mane & Gomez, I want a 3rd for the DGW, options are Alisson for Henderson or Firmina for Vardy.

Paul_Scholes18

Firmino for Abraham for the DGW?

Edit: Shit, I haven't got enough - How about Alisson for Henderson for the DGW?

But that means doubling up on defence.

Or I could bring in Firmino for Vardy.
Get Gomez in if you do not have the cash for the expensive ones. He is worth keeping even after the double as a third Liverpool player.
TAA and Robertson would be my picks since they are so good in attack.
Van Dijk gets his goals, but other teams might actually mark him unlike us and that could give space for Gomez.

I see that you do not have Robertson or TAA. I would try to get them in personally or Van Dijk if you do not got the cash.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Depends on what price you got Vardy. Got him in for 9.1 and he can start scoring from nowhere. I'm more willing to just wait it out with my squad and just tweak things here and there

McCarthy
Soyuncu TAA Robertson
Mane KDB Martial Richarlison
Vardy Ings Jimenez

button, cantwell, rico, lundstram. 0.5m in the bank.

Main concerns are Soyuncu and Richarlison fitness. Can upgrade McCarthy to Foster.