Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I think I'm captaining TAA out of him, Robertson and Mane...but I might change to Mane.
Yeah, I've thought about TAA for the Cap but I dunno... I reckon they'll concede again soon and Capping a defender for a Double GW just somehow feels wrong.

But I've seen that A LOT of top players are pulling the trigger on the Triple Cap this GW, and TAA is favoured by a good number of 'em - so they probably know better than me.

For me it just feels a bit early for the Triple Cap, I just prefer to save it for (hopefully) the Double GWs later in the season ideally.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah, I've thought about TAA for the Cap but I dunno... I reckon they'll concede again soon and Capping a defender for a Double GW just somehow feels wrong.

But I've seen that A LOT of top players are pulling the trigger on the Triple Cap this GW, and TAA is favoured by a good number of 'em - so they probably know better than me.

For me it just feels a bit early for the Triple Cap, I just prefer to save it for (hopefully) the Double GWs later in the season ideally.
I've just been reading Reddit and hit the TC button on Mane now. I'm scurred, but there won't be a dgw with a week in between again.
I'm not sure I can TC TAA, so Mane it is.

Rhyme Animal

I've just been reading Reddit and hit the TC button on Mane now. I'm scurred, but there won't be a dgw with a week in between again.
I'm not sure I can TC TAA, so Mane it is.
Aw wow, that's exciting mate...! Are you gonna defo keep it on do you think?

I think if I did pull the trigger I'd set it to Salah, but I just always like to hold off until the late Double GWs...

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Aw wow, that's exciting mate...! Are you gonna defo keep it on do you think?

I think if I did pull the trigger I'd set it to Salah, but I just always like to hold off until the late Double GWs...
I think so yeah. Gotta just go for it I reckon. If it goes to shit then meh. My ML leader got -3 for his TC so that'll make me feel better.

Rhyme Animal

I think so yeah. Gotta just go for it I reckon. If it goes to shit then meh. My ML leader got -3 for his TC so that'll make me feel better.
How did he manage that...?

Also, I know you said there's a week between the Liverpool games, but did you notice that between their West Ham fixture and their following game on the next Gameweek (Southampton H) there's actually just 3 days (2 days rest)?

I defo think there'll be some rotation from Klopp - and Salah / Mane / Bobby are the likely ones I reckon.

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

Also, I know you said there's a week between the Liverpool games, but did you notice that between their West Ham fixture and their following game on the next Gameweek (Southampton H) there's actually just 3 days (2 days rest)?

I defo think there'll be some rotation from Klopp - and Salah / Mane / Bobby are the likely ones I reckon.
They're gonna manage the minutes with shaqiri, Ox and Origi. Defenders are more likely to rack up the minutes with their lack of cover. I'm going to go against my usual role and Captain a defender for the first time ever.

Paul_Scholes18

If I play my free hit for this GW I can change my team to:

Ryan, Gazzaniga

Kelly, Gomez, Soyuncu. Targett, Lundstram

Mane, KDB, Sterling, Martial, Grealish

Firmino, Greenwood, Ings

That'll leave me with 0.5m to change any of these players. Should I go for Mahrez and Aguero instead of Firmino and Sterling?
Wow that is a crazy free hit side. Sterling with his terrible form and Pep might bench him. How on earth do you want him on a free hit over say Salah?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

But did you also notice that there's a cup game in between the league games, which is where they'll rest everyone?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

It's a double game week with Liverpool.
Later on, you have free hit, second wildcard, and bench boost.

If i hadn't splondered my triple quite idiotically on Sterling at home to Southampton (1 pointer!), i'd be using it this week for sure.

Paul_Scholes18

It's a double game week with Liverpool.
Later on, you have free hit, second wildcard, and bench boost.

If i hadn't splondered my triple quite idiotically on Sterling at home to Southampton (1 pointer!), i'd be using it this week for sure.
City and Leicester are going to get double gameweeks probably with easy fixtures.
Liverpool might get 1-2 more.

I guess rotation near the ends might be a worry though. Although I take my punt for a double with much easier fixtures
and say top players in top form. No Liverpool player show the type of tripple captain form for me.
TAA might get a decent amount, but I struggle to see him get 20+ even though he got it against Leicester.

I don't want to play it safe with tripple captain. That is the card for high risk and high rewards in my book.

redmanc

I'm going to TC Mane, it will probably backfire on me though. :(

Hasn't scored for a couple of games, so he must be due something.

Didn't realise you could switch TC on and off as much as you like.
i will let you know who i settle on.. Mane is definitely due some goals just worried he will be rotated a bit!

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
i will let you know who i settle on.. Mane is definitely due some goals just worried he will be rotated a bit!
He's played every league game this season bar 1, Salah has missed 3. Can't see either of them being rotated, they have no cup game at the weekend, so still a week between games for them.

If a sell Vardy for 9.7 to buy Firmino for 9.5, I will need 10.1 to buy back Vardy next GW. I think that's too big a price to pay.

SteveTheRed

Joining the TC Mane party!

The guy ahead of me in the league only has Salah though...it's a bit of a gamble. I own both.

roseguy64

Wow that is a crazy free hit side. Sterling with his terrible form and Pep might bench him. How on earth do you want him on a free hit over say Salah?
Wanted a Liverpool defender in also. Would have to take out Gomez or Firminho to put in Salah.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok in lesser decisions...

Rico, Kelly, or Lundstram to start?

Surely between the first two?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Fair point! Hopefully they'll rest for the home game instead. I guess the rotation risk will always be an issue with TCing in a dgw.

And it's because he TCed Son when he got sent off :lol:
In fairness he was trying to top his paid league at Christmas for £400, which he managed anyway.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
If I play my free hit for this GW I can change my team to:

Ryan, Gazzaniga

Kelly, Gomez, Soyuncu. Targett, Lundstram

Mane, KDB, Sterling, Martial, Grealish

Firmino, Greenwood, Ings

That'll leave me with 0.5m to change any of these players. Should I go for Mahrez and Aguero instead of Firmino and Sterling?
I don't understand why you would free hit some of those players in this gw...e.g. Lundstram is playing City and is bang out of form. You also don't need two playing goalkeepers. I would maximise my funds on an ideal starting 11 and go for the cheapest bench possible. Obviously there is some risk of rotation but players like Tanganga are £4.0m and you can bench him rather than Lundstram.

If I was FH'ing I would get some West Ham too seeing as they play twice even if the fixtures don't scream goals. At least just to make it interesting. Something like

Randolph

TAA / Williams / Digne

Mane / Salah / Martial / Moura / Snodgrass

Aguero / Haller

Subs: Playing GK / Tanganga / Greenwood / Lascelles

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Still undecided. Im down to 10k again now after a poor gw23.

Do I play safe and go TC Mane or do I gamble and go TC Salah to try and get up to the top 5k or higher? It's a difficult one.

Having both is definitely both a blessing and a curse this week for sure. If one hauls and the other doesn't at least you will get pts but it's getting the captaincy right that's key.

Edging towards Salah because he's on pens and also because he has scored in last 2 and Mane hasn't.

Paul_Scholes18

Wanted a Liverpool defender in also. Would have to take out Gomez or Firminho to put in Salah.
Go for Son I would do in a free hit. I know Spurs have been poor, but Norwich could be fun for him.
He is a massive differential at the moment.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

Do I play safe and go TC Mane or do I gamble and go TC Salah to try and get up to the top 5k or higher? It's a difficult one.

Having both is definitely both a blessing and a curse this week for sure. If one hauls and the other doesn't at least you will get pts but it's getting the captaincy right that's key.

Edging towards Salah because he's on pens and also because he has scored in last 2 and Mane hasn't.
Would go Salah if you want to climb the rankings, he's much less owned so worth the gamble. That's what I'm doing.

roseguy64

I don't understand why you would free hit some of those players in this gw...e.g. Lundstram is playing City and is bang out of form. You also don't need two playing goalkeepers. I would maximise my funds on an ideal starting 11 and go for the cheapest bench possible. Obviously there is some risk of rotation but players like Tanganga are £4.0m and you can bench him rather than Lundstram.

If I was FH'ing I would get some West Ham too seeing as they play twice even if the fixtures don't scream goals. At least just to make it interesting. Something like

Randolph

TAA / Williams / Digne

Mane / Salah / Martial / Moura / Snodgrass

Aguero / Haller

Subs: Playing GK / Tanganga / Greenwood / Lascelles
Go for Son I would do in a free hit. I know Spurs have been poor, but Norwich could be fun for him.
He is a massive differential at the moment.
Gonna have a look soon and see what I can make work.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal

No gamble here. You captain Salah as thats the logical choice. It's not like you don't have Mane, you just don't get the double of his points. You're not going to get every captain choice right every week. It's part of the game.

No to my knowledge.
OK. So after today most of us will have 1 wildcard, 1 bench boost and 1 free hit. So I guess the strategy is to wildcard 1/2 weeks before a double GW and then bench boost. While using the free hit for a 3rd DGW.

Rhyme Animal

Why do you view Mané as the safe TC and Salah as the gamble...? Genuine question.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Why do you view Mané as the safe TC and Salah as the gamble...? Genuine question.
I think it's more to do with ownership, Mane is more highly owned and therefore more captain picks. So if he hauls and doesn't captain him he will fall further behind.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Awww screw it. I'm going with the SAS, Who dares wins. TAA Triple Captain!

Red Star One

I'm TC'ing TAA. Reckon the minimal rotation risk more than offsets the lower points ceiling
I’m very tempted to switch the armband from Salah to TAA. Don’t even thing his points ceiling is lower, looking at TAA’s latest PPG! Not sure if I have balls to do that though, just hate hoping for clean sheets

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
I’ll probably regret it but I’m thinking of not TC’ing and my reasoning is this; most players will be doing a captaincy of Salah or Mane anyway so TC’ing either only gains you a little bit more due to restricted options.

Fully get why people are doing it but I just think the differential is better playing it right some other time where variance can be far higher too.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Screw it......TC is now on Salah and locked in. I'm attacking and going for the slightly less owned of the two.

You can overthink it too much. Could go either way and might even both get similar scores across both games in the end anyway which renders all this pointless.

Good luck everyone. May your arrows be green.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'm TC'ing TAA. Reckon the minimal rotation risk more than offsets the lower points ceiling
I’m very tempted to switch the armband from Salah to TAA. Don’t even thing his points ceiling is lower, looking at TAA’s latest PPG! Not sure if I have balls to do that though, just hate hoping for clean sheets
I'm also tempted by him over Mane. Just feel the chance of more points is marginally higher with Mane, but it could definitely go either way. It's basically a coin flip of a choice.