Fantasy Premier League 19/20

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
With Trent I just don't like the idea of sweating over a Liverpool clean sheet in both games. I know he has great assist potential anyway but Mane only loses 1 point for clean sheet wipeout and Trent would lose 4. Mane is by far the more likely goalscorer.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I think Wolves looked pretty decent in their comeback the other day. They also did very well at Anfield few weeks ago and were unlucky to lose 1-0. They rested Jiminez too that day and got that goal ruled out by VAR for a hair on a toe being offside.

Can see them scoring versus Liverpool. Wouldn't even surprise me if they got something.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I think Wolves looked pretty decent in their comeback the other day. They also did very well at Anfield few weeks ago and were unlucky to lose 1-0. They rested Jiminez too that day and got that goal ruled out by VAR for a hair on a toe being offside.

Can see them scoring versus Liverpool. Wouldn't even surprise me if they got something.
3-2 Jiminez hatty, Mane brace pleaaaase

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

Don't say that. I'm benching Jimenez this week.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I always play 343 and never bench my strikers even vs City or Liverpool away. They can always pinch you a consolation goal / assist even if they get battered.
99% of the time so do I. It was between him, Holgate and Soy and the latter two have home games against Newcastle and West Ham though.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
99% of the time so do I. It was between him, Holgate and Soy and the latter two have home games against Newcastle and West Ham though.
Tough one there I agree. Definitely see your thinking for sure as they are good home games. I have both Soy n Holgate myself as well and are playing them with Trent.

Back to the strategy......I always look at it though that a defender can lose a clean sheet inside 5 mins and then you're done unless they score or assist. A striker can grab a consolation goal all the way through till the 90mins. I know that might sound daft but it gives you more chances for returns and most FPL boffins who are really good at this game always advise to not bench your forwards ever so there must be method in the madness.

Good luck anyway. Hoping to get back inside the top 5k.

roseguy64

Gonna have a look soon and see what I can make work.
Doing some changes,

I can get my team to this:

Ryan, Randolph

Lascelles, TAA, Kelly, Tanganga, Targett

Salah, Mane, Martial, KDB, Grealish

Ings, Haller, Greenwood

Leaves me with 0.7m in the bank.

Paul_Scholes18

Screw it......TC is now on Salah and locked in. I'm attacking and going for the slightly less owned of the two.

You can overthink it too much. Could go either way and might even both get similar scores across both games in the end anyway which renders all this pointless.

Good luck everyone. May your arrows be green.
I wish I had Salah over Mane here, but not worth the -4 to change them around probably.
Feels very close between them. The pens is the big factor for Salah. Although Patrico might save one ;).

Paul_Scholes18

Doing some changes,

Ryan, Randolph

Ings, Haller, Greenwood

Nice midfield and Haller could maybe do something in the double..
Not convinced by your defense though. Rather punt on Williams than most of them.

Paul_Scholes18

Thinking Shaw will play.
He might. Williams was very good last time against Burnley though.
It is your free hit right so might be worth the punt anyway.
I guess Ole could sub him on though given how we lack options on the bench if he doesn't play.

Maybe go for Dunk,Webster or a Brighton defender? Bournemouth hasn't scored for ages.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Doing some changes,

Ryan, Randolph

Ings, Haller, Greenwood

Much better. Just swap Targett and Kelly for two better picks. Plenty of choice.

SteveTheRed

Never, ever, follow my lead. You'll only regret it, like I do. :(
I've switched.

Head says that Mane will score more though , best of luck.

But the thought of walking into work next week when he has TC Salah and smashed it is too worrying.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Tough one there I agree. Definitely see your thinking for sure as they are good home games. I have both Soy n Holgate myself as well and are playing them with Trent.

Back to the strategy......I always look at it though that a defender can lose a clean sheet inside 5 mins and then you're done unless they score or assist. A striker can grab a consolation goal all the way through till the 90mins. I know that might sound daft but it gives you more chances for returns and most FPL boffins who are really good at this game always advise to not bench your forwards ever so there must be method in the madness.

Good luck anyway. Hoping to get back inside the top 5k.
Damnit. I'm close to switching Jim in for Soy.

Paul_Scholes18

Ings and Aguero benched apparently.
Aguero benched is no shock if true I think that was 50/50 before. Ings bench is a worry long term, but I also stared Guaita so might not be the end of the world.
Lundstram benched is a worry even being last on my bench. If he is dropped long term it means more annoying tranfers to do. Maybe just go with Stevens or Baldock.

I am happy I did keep Sidibe and played him though. Was 50/50 to sell him.

Paul_Scholes18

Laporte is back too. Could be a boost for that defense. Still Spurs and Leicester in the next 3 doesn't feel like easy clean sheets even with him.

Paul_Scholes18

The Palace game is a semi nightmare. I want Ings to come on if Southampton has a good result. Not if they have a bad one with 0 goals since I have Kelly first on my bench. Think I am pretty fecked with that. No way Ings will be benched if they need goals.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah Rico and fingers crossed Bournemouth can hold out 0-0
I left Kelly in there in the end.

I'm glad I checked earlier, as I'd actually forgotten to do the De Bruyne to Salah, then captaining him switch!

Leonzo1

Wildcarded.

Pope to Ryan - Henderson benched for Ryan.
I hate this game.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
feck I just realised I could have done Martial to Mane but did Soyuncu to Robertson... Stupid me!

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
KDB might be getting the axe soon

SweetRightFoot

Pep and his f*cking roulette, if he'd have started Aguero they'd be 3 up. Absolute madness. The only manager who'll drop a player with 5 in his last 2 games. Properly pissed.