Fantasy Premier League 19/20

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
————————Alisson———————-
AWB—————Maguire————-v.Dijk
Eriksen—Sterling—Salah—B.Silva—Perez
—————————King————————

Bench: Heaton Dunk Lundstrim Nkeitah Greenwood

Tempted to swap out Alisson for another 4.5 (Ryan). Could you see any good use for the extra 1.5?

Alisson and King or Ryan and Wilson?

Help a brother out.
Choose pickford, he’s a better choice imo and saves abit of money. Haller is a risk like ive mentioned below too. And two United defenders is risky. Are you that confident on the clean sheet? I’d go AWB and Zinchenko
Maybe.

First draft. 3-4-3. Thoughts please?

----------------Ederson
---W.Bissaka - Digne - Robertson
Martial - B.Silva - Maddison - Salah
----------Kane - King - Jota

I was thinking about going 4-4-2, but I can't seem to find a good balance. If so, it would be King out for someone like Walker/Azpilicueta/Pereira/Matip. 0.5 too short for Laporte/VVD.

Nervous about United players as always a risk, but Wan Bissaka is a bonus point machine and Martial is likely to be played upfront and is 1.0 cheaper than Rashford.
I like it. But you could save money on Ederson by getting Pickford (abit cheaper and good run of games to begin with, plus scored high last season) and maybe look for a stronger pair of strikers, but that’s just my opinion. Ive gambled on Haller (7.5) myself with Kane (11.0) and Wilson (8.0).

Diogo Jota has been pushed further forward after his seven goals and five assists for Wolves last year, meaning his attacking returns will provide less points than last year.

Last edited:

IrishRedDevil

First draft. 3-4-3. Thoughts please?

----------------Ederson
---W.Bissaka - Digne - Robertson
Martial - B.Silva - Maddison - Salah
----------Kane - King - Jota

I was thinking about going 4-4-2, but I can't seem to find a good balance. If so, it would be King out for someone like Walker/Azpilicueta/Pereira/Matip. 0.5 too short for Laporte/VVD.

Nervous about United players as always a risk, but Wan Bissaka is a bonus point machine and Martial is likely to be played upfront and is 1.0 cheaper than Rashford.

Last edited:

El-Manos

Edderson
Robertson----Digne----Ake
Fraser----Salah----Sterling----Perez
King----Rashford----Jota

Happy enough. Expensive strikers rarely work out I find. Was thinking of downgrading Rashford to Greenwood and spend heavy elsewhere?

Last edited:

IrishRedDevil

I like it. But you could save money on Ederson by getting Pickford (abit cheaper and good run of games to begin with, plus scored high last season) and maybe look for a stronger pair of strikers, but that’s just my opinion. Ive gambled on Haller (7.5) myself with Kane (11.0) and Wilson (8.0).
Thanks. I went for Ederson as a safe way into City’s defence, as all of their defenders apart from Laporte are risky. The only other City cover I can afford is B.Silva which is a bit annoying.

Pickford is an option, but then I would be doubling up on Everton with Digne.
Maybe Fabianski?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Wondering whether to change Fraser for Harry Wilson saving 1.5m. Would allow Maddison to Sig + 0.5

AkaAkuma

Thanks. I went for Ederson as a safe way into City’s defence, as all of their defenders apart from Laporte are risky. The only other City cover I can afford is B.Silva which is a bit annoying.

Pickford is an option, but then I would be doubling up on Everton with Digne.
Maybe Fabianski?
Fabianski tops the saves list, which is why he scored highly. 2nd consecutive season for that. Pickfords point total was aided by 3 penalty saves which i think skews things a little. While Pope looks an outside option as Burnleys keepers always top the saves list.

hubbuh

Zinchenko/AWB + Perez vs Ake + Martial? Opinions?

EDIT: Bugger - quick maths gone wrong. 0.5 off making that reality.

Last edited:

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Final changes done. Gone from three bournemouth to two, taking Wilson out for Kane. But had to downgrade Digne to Coleman and was then left with £5 for a CM. Propper/Longstaff/Norwood. Went with Propper but Norwood on set-pieces for Sheffield is a good alternative. Tough start for Longstaff. Either way that 5.0m midfielder can be upgraded in time by taking either King or Fraser out.

Ryan
Coleman -- van Dijk -- Robertson
Salah -- Fraser -- Sigurdsson -- Propper -- De Bruyne
Kane -- King

Bench: Fodder

Micky Targaryen

I'm in, will win. All Chelsea or Ex-Chelsea.

........................Kepa........................
Bertrand..Cahill..Luiz..Ake...van Aahholt
Salah.........Rice....De Bruyne........Mata
....................Abraham.......................

Begovic
Brewster
Romeu
Solanke.

Might make a few changes depending on loans.

Reckon we could do a Man Utd/Ex-Man Utd one too.

---------------------Foster-----------------------
Wan Bissaka-----Keane-----Cathcart----Evans
Pogba-----Zaha-----Mkhitaryan---Schneiderlin
--------------Rashford------Chicharito----------

Bench: Heaton, Bardsley, Drinkwater, King

With 13.0 to spare! :lol:

AkaAkuma

Fabianski
Pereira - AWB - VVD - PVA - Digne
Salah - Milivojevic - De Bruyne - Moura
Aubameyang

Bonus Point Kings

SaboTaj

Pope
Robertson - Zinchenko - Digne
Salah - Maddison - Zaha - B.Silva - Harry Wilson
Aubameyang - Kean

How is this for the first few game weeks?

Still on the fence with Zaha.

Had Grealish in there instead of Harry Wilson earlier but Bournemouth’s fixtures are easier and they’re more reliable.

frookydinho

So finalised my team;

Fabianski (Henderson)

TAA AWB Maguire Zinechenk Robertson

B.Silva KDB Sigursson (Dedonker, Grealish)

Kane Keane (Joelinton)

Dan_F

Martial/Wilson or KDB/King.

I’ve already got Sterling, so I’m not sure if another expensive City attacker is needed. Even considering B.Silva instead, but there’s a bigger risk of rotation if KDB stays fit. I fancy Martial to do well, but the first two games are tough on paper.

chicha14

Patricio(Button)

AWB-Robertson-Walker-Diop(Kelly)

Richarlison-B.Silva-Mane-Pogba(Grealish)

Jota-Aubemeyang(Greenwood)

Need some fine tuning, any help please? Thinking of replacing Pogba with Martial but Pogba on penalties gives him that edge.

United58

Ryan (Button)

Robertson TAA AWB (Kelly) (Simpson)

B Silva Salah Sterling McTominay (Hayden)

Kane King Greenwood

£0.0 ITB

Thoughts? Feel a bit light up front, have a very strong midfield though. Went for 2 £7.0ms at the back. Greenwood's very much a wildcard option, a bit worried I'll lose points/minutes with him in the 11 but the fodder I got allowed me to invest heavily in other areas.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Thought I was happy with my team but tinkered because don't want to start the season with bloody Ryan in goal. Brighton are one of the favourites to get relegated apparently. New team below.

Lloris
AWB, Digne, Robertson
Sigurdsson, Barkley, Salah, Sterling, Perez
Adams, Wilson

Subs: Button, Aarons, Greenwood, Lundstram

Feel dirty though as I've generally broken three rules of thumb that I usually follow:

Normally I always play with 3 strikers.
Normally I'd never get a cheapo striker like Greenwood as I like having bench players that always play.
Normally I'd steer well clear of Wilson who has trolled me every time I've bought him in.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Ryan (Button)

Robertson TAA AWB (Kelly) (Simpson)

B Silva Salah Sterling McTominay (Hayden)

Kane King Greenwood

£0.0 ITB

Thoughts? Feel a bit light up front, have a very strong midfield though. Went for 2 £7.0ms at the back. Greenwood's very much a wildcard option, a bit worried I'll lose points/minutes with him in the 11 but the fodder I got allowed me to invest heavily in other areas.
You don't want McTominay and Greenwood in your starting 11 man

United58

You don't want McTominay and Greenwood in your starting 11 man
:lol: Good point, but I splashed out hard in other areas. I think McTominay will be in the starting 11 to start the season and has a good strike on him. Greenwood's an enabler more than anything and has a reasonable chance of starting the season, assuming we don't bring in a right winger.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Sterling or Kane for my big money place in the team? Leaning towards Raheem..
Sterling for sure. City is the better team and Spurs seem to be doing a few money moves so those players need to settle in. City are far more stable and Sterling will also get extra points for goals, extra points for clean sheets and Kanes is also known to be a slow starter.

MUFC OK

————————Alisson———————-
—————————King————————

Tempted to swap out Alisson for another 4.5 (Ryan). Could you see any good use for the extra 1.5?

Help a brother out.
I'd go Alisson, Maguire > Pickford, Zinchenko.
0.5 itb, I'd consider shifting Eriksen.

Dozer

Currently on:

Ryan

Robertson - Walker-Peters - Van Dijk - Digne

Salah (c) - Sigurdsson - De Bruyne - Perez

Kane - King
--------------------------------------------------
Button - Dendoncker - Greenwood - Lundstram

I've tried various combinations in defence but can't get comfortable with either Zinchenko or Coleman (Sidibe risk and I think Digne offers a lot more threat), so have gone for KWP which I know is short-term but he's okay for GW1 due to Spurs injuries.

Not overly excited about King, but the only way to upgrade him to Wilson would be to downgrade Sigurdsson.

United58

Sterling for sure. City is the better team and Spurs seem to be doing a few money moves so those players need to settle in. City are far more stable and Sterling will also get extra points for goals, extra points for clean sheets and Kanes is also known to be a slow starter.
He's had a good pre-season though, and no international tournament over the summer (bar the new Nations games very early on). I went for both, barring injury Kane's a great pick at £11m.

Lookatu

When do we think Cancelo will show up in the game?
In a draft league for money in work and want to get the jump on this lot

Nialinho

Very sound advise man. Do midfielders get points for clean sheets though?

Currently looking like:

Ederson

Pereira
van Dijk
Wan-Bissaka

Sterling
Pulisic
Maddison
Lucas Moura

Jota
Rashford
Kean

Bench:

Heaton, Zouma, Aarons, Buendia.

Likely to change massively in the next 24hr! Buendia at Norwich could be a steal, I'd be tempted to start him if they weren't playing Liverpool..

Varun

Staff
————————Alisson———————-
—————————King————————

Help a brother out.
4.5 GK + Robertson instead of one of our boys

Nickosaur

Who are people thinking for 4.5 keepers? I'm thinking Ryan. More question marks over Villa's defence then Brightons imo.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
:lol: Good point, but I splashed out hard in other areas. I think McTominay will be in the starting 11 to start the season and has a good strike on him. Greenwood's an enabler more than anything and has a reasonable chance of starting the season, assuming we don't bring in a right winger.
Maybe if he's more attacking he'll get some assists and a few goals. I wouldn't expect many points from him though. I like Greenwood a lot and if Lukaku goes if should get quite a bit of game time. Big risk having him starting for you though in my opinion! Then again, I reckon Ole will look to give him some game time early on as a sub and wouldn't be surprised if he nicked a few goals.

United58

Is VVD (£6.5m) worth a punt over Robertson (£7.0m) and TAA (£7.0m)? Slightly worried over TAA's injuries last season.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
People should be wary of players like Greenwood, and to a lesser extent Kelly, Dendoncker etc, who have a high owner percentage, purely down to being the cheapest possible players getting game time. As much as Greenwood could be good, he's way more likely be fool's good who you need to two transfers to ditch.

It's a trap people fall into every year where they start with assets who then don't get the expected game time, which means they quickly lose value and you have to use transfers to ditch these toxic assets.

MUFC OK

Edderson
Robertson----Digne----Ake
Fraser----Salah----Sterling----Perez
King----Rashford----Jota

Happy enough. Expensive strikers rarely work out I find. Was thinking of downgrading Rashford to Greenwood and spend heavy elsewhere?
Rashford > Wilson, Fraser > Siggy?

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
People should be wary of players like Greenwood, and to a lesser extent Kelly, Dendoncker etc, who have a high owner percentage, purely down to being the cheapest possible players getting game time. As much as Greenwood could be good, he's way more likely be fool's good who you need to two transfers to ditch.

It's a trap people fall into every year where they start with assets who then don't get the expected game time, which means they quickly lose value and you have to use transfers to ditch these toxic assets.
The way I see it, most don't expect a player like Kelly to play. So, he will stay in the team till the end. No need to replace him. Now, Greenwood WILL play every now and again. And he will score goals. So, he's almost a banker at 4.5 (only being subbed in when someone in your team doesn't play).

MUFC OK

It's based on transfers in/out right? So you'd be better picking someone with lower ownership as its unlikely they will drop.

MUFC OK

Could try that. Greenwood for king then as a bench option?
I think Greenwood is the best 4.5 option. Premium defs are a better shout than strikers imo. I'd try get 2 of VVD/TAA/Robertson.