Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No, it’s a big advantage for those of us with a wildcard saved. Unlimited transfers for the DGW (Bench boost as well if you’ve got it) then wildcard out of it setting yourself up for the remainder.
But this unlimited transfers is in effect a free wildcard, and with no other double game weeks, they can't be as exposed by stuff like the usual FA cup quarter final situation, where you can really be caught out without a free hit.
Last year was a lot harder to manage as you had a couple of awkward double games in and around that game week.

This year is easy now
Bang a BB this week
Wildcard straight after
Any particular issues - do your free hit

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Good shout - BB is always the biggest ass to use, so smashing one of those together is a good call.

How many teams double game week? 4? So that's 12 players to pick, and 3 quality ones with a single game weeker.

Could be quite a gamechanger if others in the league haven't clocked it.
12 DGW players is overkill imo. Obviously you can WC the following week but that would mean losing money if you buy back players you're selling for one week. I've got so much value tied up on the likes of TAA, Salah, Martial, Bruno, Jimenez, Jota, Ings. If I sell any of them now I can't really justify buying them back the following week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
12 DGW players is overkill imo. Obviously you can WC the following week but that would mean losing money if you buy back players you're selling for one week. I've got so much value tied up on the likes of TAA, Salah, Martial, Bruno, Jimenez, Jota, Ings. If I sell any of them now I can't really justify buying them back the following week.
Again that's a good point.

This is gonna take a bit more thinking through.
I'd done a few subs, and nicely poised it with Robertson, TAA and Salah.

However, on furlough I have all the time in the world to think it over!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
What are people piling up on Liverpool players? Surely those guys are all going on holiday after they win their two games?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What are people piling up on Liverpool players? Surely those guys are all going on holiday after they win their two games?
Personally I had 2 already.
And their full backs are supreme assets compared to midfielders of the same price point.

Nothing says they'll drop off just because they've eased the league out. If anything, the break will have broken the dodgy run they had before it.

LungiDevil

Is it worth punting on a Sterling Triple Captain this week? Or should it be Aguero/De Bruyne? I think using TC this week on a City player is a good option, but with Pep's infamous roulette it is difficult to pick one.

I need to make up 60 points in my mini-league and I know the leader doesn't have any of the chips left. I only have TC and FH.

Last edited:

LungiDevil

One more question: Between Martial, Richarlison and Bruno who can we expect to give the best returns? Is there anyone in the 8.5 range that I should consider as well?

Paul_Scholes18

Is it worth punting on a Sterling Triple Captain this week? Or should it be Aguero/De Bruyne? I think using TC this week on a City player is a good option, but with Pep's infamous roulette it is difficult to pick one.

I need to make up 60 points in my mini-league and I know the leader doesn't have any of the chips left. I only have TC and FH.
I think it could be, but Sane should be back. Pep usually likes to play Sterling though although his form was poor before the break.
De Bruyne might be the safe pick.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
One more question: Between Martial, Richarlison and Bruno who can we expect to give the best returns? Is there anyone in the 8.5 range that I should consider as well?
I considered these and went with Bruno.

Martial had been playing in strike but doesn't tend to get too many goals and never gets bonus points. With Ighalo and Rash there, he may even get bench time.

Richarlison is good but it's Everton. Depends if DCL carries on where he left off.

Bruno gets bonus points, assists, takes free kicks and likes taking a shot every now and then. Safest pick from the 3.

KennyBurner

Martial is going to be playing behind arguably the best midfield in the league. if I was you I would find a way to include him and bruno. If I was to make only one pick I would go with bruno because he is on setpiece and penalty duties.

Richarlison is a gamble because Everton themselves are a gamble. :lol:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
if make transfers confirm, then change them again and play your free hit, will it keep your first transfers the following week or revert back to your original squad? what do people think?
Interesting question as I had been planning to play my free hit before the unlimited transfers was announced

I reckon all your transfers would be valid but not sure

LungiDevil

Martial is going to be playing behind arguably the best midfield in the league. if I was you I would find a way to include him and bruno. If I was to make only one pick I would go with bruno because he is on setpiece and penalty duties.

Richarlison is a gamble because Everton themselves are a gamble. :lol:

See I thought about that. But I picked Rashford already and I am not really that keen on tripling down on any team right now.

My team looks like this right now.

Henderson - Button

TAA - Stevens - Saiss - Lascelles - Kilman

Pepe - KdB - Sterling - Bruno - Fleck

Jimenez - Rashford
- Connolly

I have about 1.5M ITB. I'll switch one (or both) of Pepe -> Son & Sterling -> Salah if needed next week.

LungiDevil

Interesting question as I had been planning to play my free hit before the unlimited transfers was announced

I reckon all your transfers would be valid but not sure
There was a tweet clarifying this scenario by FPL. Basically if you play FH you get back your squad at the end of the last gameweek.

Neo_Mufc

Only one double i believe. The usual depleted fa cup quarters have the league games midweek.

It could be a good shout to do bb immediately. Then maybe wildcard straight after. Then you still have a freehit as a one off total change later.
Not a bad idea at all! I like this.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
There was a tweet clarifying this scenario by FPL. Basically if you play FH you get back your squad at the end of the last gameweek.
Ah right - in which there is absolutely no point in using the FH since there is unlimited transfers anyway

LungiDevil

Ah right - in which there is absolutely no point in using the FH since there is unlimited transfers anyway
Unless you like the squad you currently have and would like to free hit to maximize the dgw. Some folks used all the free transfers during the down time to modify their teams significantly.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Unless you like the squad you currently have and would like to free hit to maximize the dgw. Some folks used all the free transfers during the down time to modify their teams significantly.
Which is exactly what I did but still wasting a FH when unlimited transfers are available doesn't seem logical. The only reason is to preserve value in players that have gone up a lot.

I'm actually pretty pissed off that they have given out this extra wildcard, crap for people who were doing well prelockdown as it gives a big chance to all the shit teams

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Which is exactly what I did but still wasting a FH when unlimited transfers are available doesn't seem logical. The only reason is to preserve value in players that have gone up a lot.

I'm actually pretty pissed off that they have given out this extra wildcard, crap for people who were doing well prelockdown as it gives a big chance to all the shit teams
If you've been making transfers during the break you shouldn't lose them. I have and have a fairly balanced squad but I can use FH to stack with 11 dgw players if I want and not have to carry them through the following gw's or revert back to my GW29 team. It's only the transfers you make now during the build up to this gw that will be lost.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Or if you don't have a wildcard, already have a team you like for the long term but also want to go heavy on this DGW.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Or if you don't have a wildcard, already have a team you like for the long term but also want to go heavy on this DGW.
Exactly right. The only card I have left is FH so I might as well use it this week to bring in 3 x City attackers, 3 Sheffield United defenders and Grealish as a starter.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Exactly right. The only card I have left is FH so I might as well use it this week to bring in 3 x City attackers, 3 Sheffield United defenders and Grealish as a starter.
Also worth noting that this will likely be the only DGW this season barring postponements caused by the coronavirus itself. So if you don't use one of your chips on this one then you'll probably be using them in a SGW.

I suppose the downside to what you're doing is you have less flexibility if a GW does come along that has some games postponed.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
If you've been making transfers during the break you shouldn't lose them. I have and have a fairly balanced squad but I can use FH to stack with 11 dgw players if I want and not have to carry them through the following gw's or revert back to my GW29 team. It's only the transfers you make now during the build up to this gw that will be lost.
Ye actually I'm coming back round to sticking with my original plan to FH this week, too many scenarios to compute!

True - I still have my original WC so didn't think of that

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Other option is to go heavy on this DGW with the free transfers andbench boost too

Then use WC next week to get back a normal team

Neo_Mufc

I have the fantasyfootball fix which tells me when a player is about to drop.

Any reason why people are getting rid of Danny Ings. Is he injured?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I have the fantasyfootball fix which tells me when a player is about to drop.

Any reason why people are getting rid of Danny Ings. Is he injured?
Players won't drop until after the deadline. Regarding Ings his long term fixtures aren't the greatest and he probably won't start every game given his injury history. No room for him with the likes of Aguero/Auba (DGW), Rashford, Jimenez/Jota and even possibly Kane looking more enticing long term.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I am frustratingly looking at using my free hit despite there being unlimited transfers because I don't have my 2nd wildcard. I also really like my team that I slowly built over the break.

It's just a game after all and at least it's back. Plus with the summer break being much shorter you'd think the next season of FPL will soon come around too. Happy days.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Other option is to go heavy on this DGW with the free transfers andbench boost too

Then use WC next week to get back a normal team
Totally this, with the only downside losing player values.

But as there would be about 7 game weeks left I don't think it's that important personally.
Not with a wildcard, and a freehit in 2 of those 7!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I am frustratingly looking at using my free hit despite there being unlimited transfers because I don't have my 2nd wildcard. I also really like my team that I slowly built over the break.

It's just a game after all and at least it's back. Plus with the summer break being much shorter you'd think the next season of FPL will soon come around too. Happy days.
Can you not do a middle ground job, and cover the 2-3 biggest double game threats, whilst keeping the template you want to go forward with?

Obvs sod's law will come into play for us unlimited transfer & BB combo users.
It'll be one of those sluggish weeks where Pep's big boys don't do much, and all best laid plans are ruined.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I just used free hit. I have too much value in my team to be using the free transfers. So I've activated FH and got a full DGW 11. Revert back to my normal team for GW31.

Leno
Lundstram Baldock Stevens
Grealish McGinn KDB Sterling
Aguero Auba Laca

Will keep eye on Lundstram and McGinn news.

SweetRightFoot

Pope
TAA - Robertson - Baldock (Doherty, Fernandez)
De Bruyne - Fernandes - Martial - Traore (Guendouzi)
Rashford - Kane - Jiminez

What do you think? Kane's always a slow starter but will that count after the break? I'd imagine he'd be raring to go after such a long time out and Jose will no doubt play him for 90 minutes every game. Was debating Pogba but he's never really worked for me on FF. Who am I missing?

Exactly 50 points off the top in my cash prize league, need to grind points where I can.

hubbuh

I just used free hit. I have too much value in my team to be using the free transfers. So I've activated FH and got a full DGW 11. Revert back to my normal team for GW31.

Leno
Aguero Auba Laca

Can we see your normal 11?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

Leno
Aguero Auba Laca

Nice. Thinking of going balls out and something like...

Reina
Egan O'Connell Basham
Sterling KDB Grealish Pepe
Auba Aguero (c) Lacazette

but I probably will bottle it nearer the time and go something like

Leno
Baldock Stevens O'Connell
Salah KDB Mahrez Grealish
Aguero (c) Auba Abraham