Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
feck Lundy. I have my transfers planned up until the end but just had to take a hit to remove him. I need a bench that plays as I feel teams will start rotating now.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Expect a response from City at home to Newcastle. Just got Foden in for Cantwell and benching DCL although might switch him with Jimenez.

Pope

TAA / Digne / Maguire

KDB (c) / Mahrez / Foden / Martial / Bruno

Auba / Jimenez

Subs: McCarthy / DCL / Egan / Taylor

Keefy18

Thoughts?

I'm wary of benching Pulisic of course but only so many folks can start ;)

Patricio
Saiss
Digne
TAA

KDG
Foden
Mane
Bruno

Greenwood
Rashford
Jiminez

Bench

Pulisic
Robinson (SU)
Aurier
Button (BHA)

Neo_Mufc

Ok, I'm leaning towards another hit, reason being I need to climb back into the top 10k.

Im thinking Jiminez to Jesus, (surely he can't go on not scoring) and Baldock to Laporte.

Neo_Mufc

I hate this game sometimes. Ok I've taken another -4 hit.

Jiminez to Jesus
Saka to Foden

Thoughts?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
5 points from KDB, Mahrez and Son meant my week really fizzled out.

Team currently is:

Martinez
Azpi Doherty TAA
Bruno (C) KDB Son Mahrez Martial
Greenwood Jimenez

(Martin, DCL Saiss Robinson)

So difficult to reshuffle as midfielders are all enticing and forwards not.

0.1 off Son to Mane, but Bournemouth next for Spurs. I can’t get Kane without a hit. Tempted by Lloris or Aurier, but not sure I want them for the season.

GW36+ has CHE/nor and CITY/bou, so I can max out both of then with free transfers. Free hitting here could have merit, but I’m hoping for leaks in GW38+ to have a guaranteed XI, including three City attackers with Norwich at home.

Think I might just stick today and float the free transfer. Next three in will probably be Pulisic and some combination of Giroud, Jesus, Sterling, Foden and Willian for GW36+, all for Son, Martial, DCL or maybe Jimenez.

Paul_Scholes18

I am doing well after the lockdown, but feels it is mainly due to luck. Much harder to predict home vs away form and read players form.
The only thing I predicted was our striker doing well, but didn't expect Greenwood to bang them in like he has done and same with Martial.

I have no clue what to do now. De Bruyne vs Bruno/Martial as TC. Think I am saving my transfer.

RashyForPM

Currently on:

Ederson
TAA Gomez Basham
Pulisic KdB Bruno Son
Greenwood Jimenez Rashford

Thoughts? About 1.5 mil to play with, but free transfer already used.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Thoughts?

Patricio
Saiss
Digne
TAA

KDG
Foden
Mane
Bruno

Greenwood
Rashford
Jiminez

Bench

Pulisic
Robinson (SU)
Aurier
Button (BHA)
Would bench any of those strikers (veering towards Jimenez) over Pulisic personally. Him and Bruno are on fire since the re-start and both get extra points for goals and clean sheets. Would also play Aurier over Saiss.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Thoughts?

Patricio
Saiss
Digne
TAA

KDG
Foden
Mane
Bruno

Greenwood
Rashford
Jiminez

Bench

Pulisic
Robinson (SU)
Aurier
Button (BHA)
I'd start Aurier over Saiss. Think Bournemouth are shit and there's every chance Aurier can get a cleanie and an assist. I just took a hit to bring him in (although that was more to do with Lundy stinking up the joint).

I'd also play Pulisic. Man's on fire. If you need to bench someone there, it'd be Jiminez. He's good and consistent but has gone off the boil a little and is more than likely to max get you one goal. Pulisic on the other hand will get you extra point for a goal and potentially an extra for an clean sheet.

Now watch Jiminez get a brace :nervous:

Keefy18

Would bench any of those strikers (veering towards Jimenez) over Pulisic personally. Him and Bruno are on fire since the re-start and both get extra points for goals and clean sheets. Would also play Aurier over Saiss.
Interesting take... Of my 3 forward, Rashford has accumulated the fewest points I believe? Seems wrong benching him though and SU are showing some ropey form themselves so Jiminez is surely due one of them big pts hauls.

I'd start Aurier over Saiss. Think Bournemouth are shit and there's every chance Aurier can get a cleanie and an assist. I just took a hit to bring him in (although that was more to do with Lundy stinking up the joint).

I'd also play Pulisic. Man's on fire. If you need to bench someone there, it'd be Jiminez. He's good and consistent but has gone off the boil a little and is more than likely to max get you one goal. Pulisic on the other hand will get you extra point for a goal and potentially an extra for an clean sheet.

Now watch Jiminez get a brace :nervous:
That's exactly my thinking, he's due one of those goal and 2 assists type games very soon.

I take the point of Aurier though and have brought him in.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Get Fernandes in there lad. He's essential.
Ye Im pretty pissed off I dont have him already - I figured his initial form couldnt continue and also thought he might be rested last week.
But I also need some differentials from the guy Im fighting with for top spot in my cash league so its one reason Im slightly against drafting in Bruno now but I know its a big gamble

Spark

I have had an absolutely storming restart, but feel like I've somehow checkmated myself with my team. Expensive refit required...

I swapped Ings out for Gayle and have used the free transfer this week to swap that back (pretty rash move in hindsight).

Pope
Wan-B TAA Soyuncu
Pulisic Fernandes (C) KDB Mane Son
Ings Greenwood

Henderson Boly Lundstrum Martinelli (bench is fecked obviously)

Really want to swap Wan-Bissaka for Digne in order to fit in Son for Martial.

Option 1: do it before 5pm and take a -8 point hit.
Option 2: wait till next game week and take a -4 point hit...

Will probably go option 2, as Son could still do some damage against a bollocks Bournemouth. But then Spurs could always Spurs it.

Anyone with any thoughts on this?

Neo_Mufc

Not keen on them personally. Jesus is shite, and Saka a good value 5th midfielder. Not worth the hit I don't think but good luck
I totally agree I think Jesus is shite. With 4% ownership and him having to prove that he can score goals when Aguero is not around I just feel like he can nick a goal against Newcastle. Watch him get benched now.

I have had an absolutely storming restart, but feel like I've somehow checkmated myself with my team. Expensive refit required...

I swapped Ings out for Gayle and have used the free transfer this week to swap that back (pretty rash move in hindsight).

Pope
Wan-B TAA Soyuncu
Pulisic Fernandes (C) KDB Mane Son
Ings Greenwood

Henderson Boly Lundstrum Martinelli (bench is fecked obviously)

Really want to swap Wan-Bissaka for Digne in order to fit in Son for Martial.

Option 1: do it before 5pm and take a -8 point hit.
Option 2: wait till next game week and take a -4 point hit...

Will probably go option 2, as Son could still do some damage against a bollocks Bournemouth. But then Spurs could always Spurs it.

Anyone with any thoughts on this?
I'm not a fan of Son because of the way Mourinho plays. Taking hits is fine as long as you believe that the players you are bringing in will do better than the ones you are getting rid of not only for that GW but potentially for the later ones.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I wonder when Bruno will get rested. He's played so many minutes, including 120 in the FA Cup.

Keefy18

I wonder when Bruno will get rested. He's played so many minutes, including 120 in the FA Cup.
Was thinking the same myself... It's possible the Southampton game on Monday night. He's had a 5 day rest from Sat-Thurs game so hopefully fresh enough again for Villa.

Give him a break at least to the bench for Saints and then back for the remaining games.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Thinking of starting Giroud before Jimenez.

Is there likely to be any team news or leak before the deadline?

I would want to be sure he is starting!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Thinking of starting Giroud before Jimenez.

Is there likely to be any team news or leak before the deadline?

I would want to be sure he is starting!
Yeah might be for the early kick offs.. Watford v Norwich and Palace v Chelsea. Definitely worth waiting until 5 mins before the deadline if you can.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok groovers, suggestions on a transfer this week, or leave it and have 2 next week?

2.6m in the bank

Martinez, Chimpy 3.9m keeper

TAA, Docherty, Ward,Targett, Lascelles

De Bruyne, Mane, Martial, Bruno, Saka

Jiminez, DCL, Greenwood

DCL has been toilet, but has Southampton at home. I'm inching towards allowing him one last chance.
Jiminez has only scored less than 6 ONCE in 9 games (last game week), so probably stays too.
Targett is injured for a game or two, but he's filler and I have 3-4 playing defenders...

Ings has Everton and United away, but a decent last 3, so he's on the watchlist.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Yep KDB Capt. Bruno vice. Jimenez on bench for me. Pulisic starting. Going to risk it without a Spurs attacker. I dont want to downgrade Mane to Son just for one game. Jimenez to Kane I'd do but would have to take a -4. Not worth it. If Bournemouth do prove to be whipping boys I'll get Vardy in for when Leicester play them.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Ok groovers, suggestions on a transfer this week, or leave it and have 2 next week?

2.6m in the bank

Martinez, Chimpy 3.9m keeper

TAA, Docherty, Ward,Targett, Lascelles

De Bruyne, Mane, Martial, Bruno, Saka

Jiminez, DCL, Greenwood

DCL has been toilet, but has Southampton at home. I'm inching towards allowing him one last chance.
Jiminez has only scored less than 6 ONCE in 9 games (last game week), so probably stays too.
Targett is injured for a game or two, but he's filler and I have 3-4 playing defenders...

Ings has Everton and United away, but a decent last 3, so he's on the watchlist.
you could upgrade a defender - Im looking at Aurier

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Lacelles hasn't done much for me. Baldock is 5m and I think I should get rid. I'm not so sure about Jiminez too he's gone off the boil.

Realistically I don't want to take any more hits.

Edit: A big if but SHU pick up a CS tomorrow that's a huge amount of points in my favour.
Jimenez to Vardy if you fancy? He has Bournemouth after Arsenal. And beside he always score against Arsenal.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
you could upgrade a defender - Im looking at Aurier
Azil for Chelsea seems to be heavily backed this week.
But then that leaves me with a fairly weak Greenwood, DCL, Jimi for the run in, although one of those 4 weeks I can freehit.

United Hobbit

I've decided to bench boost as the chance of getting Pep'd should be very low this week

However Lascelles is playing City and obviously bench boost will include him. He is also yellow. I don't know whether to take a punt and keep him or use Bednarak who doesn't have an easy game himself but is at least not yellow. I can't afford anyone else as not touching Bournemouth players

Adcuth

Can anyone convince me to take the Cap off Bruno. Other options are KDB, Pullisic, Willian or Greenwood as an outsider

PogBruno

Can anyone convince me to take the Cap off Bruno. Other options are KDB, Pullisic, Willian or Greenwood as an outsider
KDB at home, likely to start and city would be charged after their loss to saints

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Azil for Chelsea seems to be heavily backed this week.
But then that leaves me with a fairly weak Greenwood, DCL, Jimi for the run in, although one of those 4 weeks I can freehit.
Ye I looked at him but for £1m less I like Aurier

Im still looking at bringing in Kane as well - that Spurs fixture looks too enticing but Jose Spurs dont create much

Maluco

Where would I hear about Chelsea team news? Is there a twitter account or anything that might have a leak?

Keefy18

Has to be KDB this week. It's one of them tough GW where its tough to see what's going to happen in some of the fixtures.

I think Villa for us will be a tough game. They need points badly as much as we do and Grealish possibly putting in a little performance to convince Ole?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Im still looking at bringing in Kane as well - that Spurs fixture looks too enticing but Jose Spurs dont create much
The one game I saw of him he's quite attacking.
But I always fear the reckless from him. Tottenham seem to have decent fixtures though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Screw it, i'm following your tip brother. Arsenal home next, but Bournemouth away and being a Jose team has to have some sway. Plus he has attacking potential, and leaves 1.9m in the bank to sort DCL out.

Now the only question is which of these 4.3m mugs comes out for him.

Lascelles - doubtful this week away v City
Targett, injured for 2 weeks, Villa crap defence
Ward - Palace poor since restart, but solid starter

Got to be Targett right?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Had so many moves this week on my mind including hits..... In the end I did nothing and banked my FT.

Ultimately I didn't think bringing Foden in for a - 4 was worth it. Basically came down to DCL with a 4pt head start against Foden. Both have good home fixtures.

Going into the weekend games with 2 FT's was my decision in the end as my team looks solid.

Good luck all.

Maluco

Had so many moves this week on my mind including hits..... In the end I did nothing and banked my FT.

Ultimately I didn't think bringing Foden in for a - 4 was worth it. Basically came down to DCL with a 4pt head start against Foden. Both have good home fixtures.

Going into the weekend games with 2 FT's was my decision in the end as my team looks solid.

Good luck all.
I had a similar dilemma but have taken the hit because I feel like Foden will score big. I have spent far too many points this season and I do it every year. Need to make new rules for next season and restrain myself!