Fantasy Premier League 19/20

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Haha. Pep Guardiola is my idol strikes again.

Actually, Adrian might be a good shout because I'll probably wildcard by the time he's back. Hmmm

Fosu-Mens

TAA looked more lively to me though. And that freekick was vicious. They’ll surely get a lot of those.
And Robertson crosses was not that good.
With Salah operating like an inside forward and thus leaving plenty of room for TAA makes for several crosses per game with a good time to pinpoint them.

VVD, Salah and TTA will most likely be in my team for the whole season.

IrishRedDevil

It was one fecking game against a horrible Norwich team trying to play out from the back, which has people analysing TAA being the better pick than Robertson :houllier:

ROFLUTION

It was one fecking game against a horrible Norwich team trying to play out from the back, which has people analysing TAA being the better pick than Robertson :houllier:
Small sample size, but he does take free kicks and corners (with Salah), so its reasonable to think he'll have an edge

podurban2

Yeah tbh Robertson saw a lot more of the ball and was further up than TAA.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Hey I didn’t, I ditched him for Sterling. B. Silva’s still in the top 5 selected midfielders by everyone though :lol:
3rd most I just saw. Unfortunately not in my main mini league have him.

Ederson Laporte Sterling and Aguero are the only ones nailed in that team
KDB, injuries aside? I hope so :nervous:

Also, Aguero isn't anymore. He's being phased out isn't he? Not starting today, but you know he'll come on and probably get one.

Varun

Staff
3rd most I just saw. Unfortunately not in my main mini league have him.

KDB, injuries aside? I hope so :nervous:

Also, Aguero isn't anymore. He's being phased out isn't he? Not starting today, but you know he'll come on and probably get one.
Ah yes, KDB is nailed too. Forgot about him.

Don't think Aguero will be phased out. Not starting today only because of a lack of pre season with the team. Expect him to start in couple of GWs and keep the spot. Pep loves him

IrishRedDevil

Small sample size, but he does take free kicks and corners (with Salah), so its reasonable to think he'll have an edge
TAA was always going to take corners and freekicks, we knew that before last nights game. He will also be rotated more with Gomez to allow Matip to start a few games at CB.

IrishRedDevil

Will he be rotated in the PL though?
Can’t say for sure, of course, but last night Carragher talked about it being a possibility.

TAA has defensive deficiencies, so if Klopp wants to set up more solidly in some games, especially as they are now playing with a high line, I think Gomez and Matip will start from time to time.

Only time will tell.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I never realised how hard work introducing someone to FPL can be. "So, when can I make a sub?" "Do I change my team for the next game?" etc.

Dan_F

I never realised how hard work introducing someone to FPL can be. "So, when can I make a sub?" "Do I change my team for the next game?" etc.
Let em work it out themselves, there’s so many guides. Last year my friend didn’t realise you could make transfers till about week 6.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I got 90 into my work league - so you want to know about what hard work is!

At 3pm, I had to spend 10mins with 2 separate people to get them signed up - let alone go through the intricacies!

I did draw the line at bothering to even explain what "fantasy football is about" to some girl who was clueless though.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I got 90 into my work league - so you want to know about what hard work is!

At 3pm, I had to spend 10mins with 2 separate people to get them signed up - let alone go through the intricacies!

I did draw the line at bothering to even explain what "fantasy football is about" to some girl who was clueless though.
Haha I've been there at my last workplace. I get that they might need help with the details and especially the football side of it, but when middle aged people with degrees can't even work out how to sign up and register a team without someone telling them every step is kind of a poor show. It's like their brains don't work good.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Haha I've been there at my last workplace. I get that they might need help with the details and especially the football side of it, but when middle aged people with degrees can't even work out how to sign up and register a team without someone telling them every step is kind of a poor show. It's like their brains don't work good.
Yep for sure.
What's annoying, is because I have to hassle (encourage) these people in, I can't be too annoyed I have to sit over them watching!

The first day is always a write off, as I take it on myself to write a monumental sized report, with little lookalike pics and summaries/histories on every player :)
We don't half take it seriously!

Luckily, Salah, VD, Sterling scoring in the first 2 games means I've half a chance of a good first week for once - normally put too much into the set up of the league!

Roll on Bournie's front 2 going wild today, plus Martial and Maguire doing big things tomorrow

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Need to get Sterling in somehow. I have Salah and Kane, thought I’d get away with maybe getting in Sterling for Salah every now and again but already regretting it.

Think I’ll have to either downgrade Kane and have no premium strikers - or sack off Sigurdsson and B.Silva to grab Sterling and some 5.0 midfielder to join Salah and Martial.

I just don’t see any good 5.0 midfielder unfortunately. Longstaff seemed to do well in pre season but I just don’t think he’ll carry on with it.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Bloody hell Raheem with the hat-trick. Hope those with him have sacrificed too much to get him.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Dammit maybe should have gone for both Salah and Sterling. Kane needs a hat-trick to justify my choice
Exactly.

Last time I listen to fantasy football expert. They say you can’t have sterling, Salah and Auba or Kane in a team. They said B Silva was better choice for balance. Bs, it seems based of this first week , I know more than these expert. Now I might have to use wildcard to get Sterling back in my team.

Anyway, at least b Silva didn’t come on. Had Zinchenko on bench, so got that six point. Kane need to do big to make this up and I doubt he can.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Had Salah and Sterling but at the expense of a balanced team. There's only one other player in my main league that has both. But he's main competitor. He has double City and double Pool defence, plus double Bournemouth forwards. Ride it out and hope my balance does me more good?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Sterling is my vice captain :(

Someone kill Aubameyang before tomorrow

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Had Salah and Sterling but at the expense of a balanced team. There's only one other player in my main league that has both. But he's main competitor. He has double City and double Pool defence, plus double Bournemouth forwards. Ride it out and hope my balance does me more good?
I feel you can get a very balanced team with both, just need to go for value players. I feel I did but who knows :lol: I'd probably feck up.

starman

Exactly.

Last time I listen to fantasy football expert. They say you can’t have sterling, Salah and Auba or Kane in a team. They said B Silva was better choice for balance. Bs, it seems based of this first week , I know more than these expert. Now I might have to use wildcard to get Sterling back in my team.

Anyway, at least b Silva didn’t come on. Had Zinchenko on bench, so got that six point. Kane need to do big to make this up and I doubt he can.
I had another team with all three, but I couldn't have Wilson and Fraser, hopefully they do well to soften the blow given the fixtures Bournemouth have. other route to get both, is drop to Kane for Wilson...Will find out how wrong or right the decision is in the next few hours...

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I feel you can get a very balanced team with both, just need to go for value players. I feel I did but who knows :lol: I'd probably feck up.
I kinda meant more balanced with quality haha. Let's hope Perez isn't all he's cracked up to be.