Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
88 this week but took a -4 earlier in the week with the double transfer.

Think I'll be moving out TAA and Saiss now.

RedDevil@84

89 points week. Will take that.
Before the week, my mate had said "Why do you pick Kane as captain week after week, take a risk and pick Bruno or someone. That will make it more interesting"
Should have listened :D

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Anyone else gonna stick with Foden? Not expecting much from him next GW anyway, but the ceiling on those following fixtures appears too good to sell.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I've gone for another -4 already this week - I hate that I'm doing it so early, but doing it to avoid the price rises as I won't be able to afford Fernandes otherwise.

Saiss out for Konsa
Son out for Fernandes - Spurs fixture look vile

Paul_Scholes18

Anyone else gonna stick with Foden? Not expecting much from him next GW anyway, but the ceiling on those following fixtures appears too good to sell.
I would probably sell. A non nailed on player feels like a waste. So many good midfielders around that produce.
Also City aren't scoring like crazy this season. Thus not sure you should put up with Peps rotation then.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Sell imo. There's no enjoyment watching football owning a player that plays as few minutes as he does.

The like of Grealish for example makes me enjoy watching Villa games even more as he is constantly trying to get you points

Deery

Dreary
Played my wild card there now changed a few players that weren’t doing it Jimenez, McGinn, Trossard, James, Nakamba, Trent.

To, Fofana, Watkins, Grealish, Ziyech, Cancelo, Soucek.

My finished team will look something like this:
Mc Carthey
Walker-Peters Fofana Cancelo
Son Grealish Ziyech Salah
Watkins Vardy Kane​

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah I know, he looks so fecking sharp though right now and Everton a little shaky but that can all change in an instant
Yeah I play fantasy champions league as well. The mad guy at top had Jota captain for the hattrick.
If he can get nailed he is great value though .

Neo_Mufc

I finished with 75, thought I had a great week with my Bruno captain but everyone else has seeemed to do really well too.

Bit annoying but big green arrow. Got rid of Son for Ziyech.

RashyForPM

Have two free transfers, and will be making 3 in two weeks time for GW9:

In:
Fernandes
Richarlison
Cresswell

Out:
Kane
Trossard
Robertson

Want to take advantage of the incoming three’s easy fixtures and remove the three with quite difficult fixtures, which will make the team:

Martinez
Zouma Coady Cresswell
Grealish Fernandes Salah Son
DCL Jimenez Richarlison

Thoughts please? I think it’s a pretty big risk to take out Kane, but it has to be done as Everton with Richarlison are class.

Web of Bissaka

Have two free transfers, and will be making 3 in two weeks time for GW9:

In:
Fernandes
Richarlison
Cresswell

Out:
Kane
Trossard
Robertson

Want to take advantage of the incoming three’s easy fixtures and remove the three with quite difficult fixtures, which will make the team:

Martinez
Zouma Coady Cresswell
Grealish Fernandes Salah Son
DCL Jimenez Richarlison

Thoughts please? I think it’s a pretty big risk to take out Kane, but it has to be done as Everton with Richarlison are class.
Not bad.
1. Defense and midfield is strong... except maybe Son and your attacks. Spurs upcoming fixture is difficult and he have been drawing blanks in recent games vs shit teams.

2. Other than DCL, not confident Raul and Rich will bring in high points. DCL and JRodriguez tend to get higher pts than Rich.
Maybe it's better to get Vardy instead of Rich if you can afford it? Leicester is going to face many top teams in upcoming fixtures, perfect for Vardy.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Something feels off about KDB this season, for such a perfect striker of the ball that penalty was really bad.

I was thinking of bringing him in but might go for Sterling instead, but he hasn't done much either.
kdb is great, it’s just that city’s finishing is woeful. His underlying stats are incredibly good.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
82 in the end. Had forgotten they hadn't added Kanes 6bonus as captain on!

Lot of good scores on here but mid 70s up looks a really good score in my work league so have leapt up.

Foden definitely has to go.
TAA looks ropey too.

Ziyech in for sure. Looking at Bruno.

Potential for a -4 to do three transfers to do it but Son would have to go.

ROFLUTION

This VAR show is something else this year.

Planning to bring in most of the big penalty takers who can also rake in points in other ways and have this team

Martinez
Zouma - Chilwell - Kilman - Walker Pieters - Mitchell
Grealish - Jota - Salah - De Bruyne - Bruno
Calvert Lewin - Wilson - Watkins

buckooo1978

Planning to bring in most of the big penalty takers who can also rake in points in other ways and have this team

Martinez
similar to what I'm thinking post international break

my wildcard is calling to me

ROFLUTION

kdb is great, it’s just that city’s finishing is woeful. His underlying stats are incredibly good.
I somehow think you're both right, haha. His underlying stats are good, and he could have gotten 1-2 assists more yesterday.

On the other hand he's looked very frustrated this season and not his usual self. In some of the games, he's looked like the frustrations has impacted his play and next pass, which rarely happens with clockwork-KdB. Aguero and Jesus coming back should improve his returns.

ROFLUTION

similar to what I'm thinking post international break

my wildcard is calling to me
Btw Wilson and Watkins are a fantastic rotational pair. I looked a long time for a good partner for Watkins, which I don't find reliable in returning, so looking for mostly using him against open / easy opponents.

Here's their fixtures and when I'd like to rotate them:

GW9: Watkins - Brighton (H)
GW10: Wilson - Palace (A)
GW11: Watkins - Newcastle (H) + Maybe Wilson (Villa away, if they look likely to concede)
GW12: Wilson - West Bromwich (H)
GW13: Wilson - Leeds (A) + maybe Watkins - Burnley (H, if they look likely to concede)
GW14: Wilson - Fulham (H) + Watkins - WBA (A)
GW15: Watkins - Palace (H)

Con is that Wilson don't get fed much by Newcastle's lack of creativity, but then again he's on penalties.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Martinez
I’m not sure if De Bruyne will be on pens when Aguero comes back (next game possibly)

Moby

Dick
Sshh. Let them talk him down because he lost 10 odd points because of placing a penalty kick 2 inches wider. I've no issue whatsoever in having Kevin fkin De Bruyne as a fkin differential!

Adcuth

102 this week. Happy with that. Forced into a wildcard though due to suspensions and injuries

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
He's got to go with Jesus back now and Aguero fit after the break. Shame because he will probably haul at some point in the coming run and I did want 3 city players but he's a little too expensive to put up with the cameo appearances. I can turn him into anyone £9.8m or below with the money I have in the bank so I'm gonna wait till nearer the deadline to make the call. Rashford and Grealish are the two I have my eye on.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
He's got to go with Jesus back now and Aguero fit after the break. Shame because he will probably haul at some point in the coming run and I did want 3 city players but he's a little too expensive to put up with the cameo appearances. I can turn him into anyone £9.8m or below with the money I have in the bank so I'm gonna wait till nearer the deadline to make the call. Rashford and Grealish are the two I have my eye on.
The thing is that I am quite happy to play whichever of Konsa or Kilman was to be my first sub in GW9 and bench Foden. Even in GW10 they both have at least a reasonable fixture. I’m really tempted to hang fire. I’d be taking another hit to remove him too anyway. Patience may not be rewarded here, but the rewards seem too vast to take a hit to get him out.

Team for GW9 will likely be:

Martinez
Robbo Chilwell Konsa Kilman
Mane Bruno (C) Grealish
Kane Richarlison DCL

Forster, Foden Mitchell Riedewald

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Is Aguero a viable option after next gameweek? Tempted to get rid of Son and that means I could accommodate him for Werner or even DCL (though that would be a big financial loss). City's fixtures look great but Pep is a bit of a fraud... and Aguero is 32.

Sarni

Btw Wilson and Watkins are a fantastic rotational pair. I looked a long time for a good partner for Watkins, which I don't find reliable in returning, so looking for mostly using him against open / easy opponents.

Here's their fixtures and when I'd like to rotate them:

GW9: Watkins - Brighton (H)
GW10: Wilson - Palace (A)
GW11: Watkins - Newcastle (H) + Maybe Wilson (Villa away, if they look likely to concede)
GW12: Wilson - West Bromwich (H)
GW13: Wilson - Leeds (A) + maybe Watkins - Burnley (H, if they look likely to concede)
GW14: Wilson - Fulham (H) + Watkins - WBA (A)
GW15: Watkins - Palace (H)

Con is that Wilson don't get fed much by Newcastle's lack of creativity, but then again he's on penalties.
Watkins has scored three against Liverpool and two against Arsenal. Rotating him is not an option (similar Grealish), you either have him or don't have him.

El-Manos

Chillwel or Digne?
Grealish or fernandes?
Or downgrade midfield and upgrade Brewster to Wilson/Watkins?

mccarthy
Walker Peters -Justin - lamptey
Fernandes - Rodriguez -Grealish- ziyech salah
Vardy - Calvert lewin- (Brewster)

ROFLUTION

Watkins has scored three against Liverpool and two against Arsenal. Rotating him is not an option (similar Grealish), you either have him or don't have him.
That's very all-knowing :lol: The sample size is 8 games and some of the goals were quite simple. Randomness could be a big factor when talking about such a small samplesize. Hard to conclude already that he's the next Vardy against top teams.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Is Aguero a viable option after next gameweek? Tempted to get rid of Son and that means I could accommodate him for Werner or even DCL (though that would be a big financial loss). City's fixtures look great but Pep is a bit of a fraud... and Aguero is 32.
I wouldn't. He's costly, injury prone, will get rotated more than the rest of that team... you're better off keeping Kane than getting Aguero to be honest.

I'm not a fan of the rotation. I like having a bench that will just play and will only come in to fill in for injuries.

Sarni

That's very all-knowing :lol: The sample size is 8 games and some of the goals were quite simple. Randomness could be a big factor when talking about such a small samplesize. Hard to conclude already that he's the next Vardy against top teams.
Still, if you intended to rotate him from the start you would have benched him for two of his highest scoring games. Villa have also looked better against good team as they are deadly on the counter, I think long term you will be disappointed by rotating both of them. Someone like Wilson is more straightforward, Newcastle are a negative team and barring penalties and the odd counter attack they won't really be doing much against top teams.