g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fantasy Premier League 20/21

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Im thinking of changing Son and Robertson to Bruno and Digne. But that would mean i wouldn't have any of the Liverpool fullbacks, who havent been getting great returns anyways.

Team would then be:

Martinez
Digne KWP Chilwell Castagne Mitchell
Salah Bruno Grealish Podence ASM
Kane DCL Bamford

With 0.4 in the bank

Thoughts?

RashyForPM

No TAA, VVD or Fabinho just confirms me transferring Robertson out too. Liverpool may win games due to their front two + Jota, but they sure ain’t keeping many clean sheets over this Christmas period.

Paul_Scholes18

Trust fixtures or trust form for midfielders? It is really hard. Son hard fixtures good form, Bruno medium fixtures medium form, KDB poor form and easy fixtures.
Ziyech good start, but medium fixtures.

Skills

Snitch
Anyone thinking about Telles now that Shaw is out? He'll be on our set pieces I think

Paul_Scholes18

Will he cone straight into the team or will we all be raging when we see Tuanzebe or TFM start?
If he is healthy then I am sure he will play.
I guess if he plays poorly Shaw will get the place back.
It is similar to Cancelo although he has already played well so far this season.

Dan_F

His corners looked really good against PSG, but if Bruno is taking pens and free kicks I’m not sure he’s worth 5.5, given our clean sheet record.

Paul_Scholes18

His corners looked really good against PSG, but if Bruno is taking pens and free kicks I’m not sure he’s worth 5.5, given our clean sheet record.
It is the same with many premiums though. Do you expect the big teams to improve at defending or you go for budget?

City got easier fixtures, but I think Telles is better in attack than Cancelo.

Skills

Snitch
It is the same with many premiums though. Do you expect the big teams to improve at defending or you go for budget?

City got easier fixtures, but I think Telles is better in attack than Cancelo.
Exactly. AWB has also dropped to 5.4m and he's pretty much a certain starter for us

Paul_Scholes18

Exactly. AWB has also dropped to 5.4m and he's pretty much a certain starter for us
Yeah might be worth getting instead. Just not as good in attack though.

The easiest thing is to get Bruno, but then I stop myself from getting City midfielder.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
United defenders are surely a mug's game in fantasy footy! Not exactly cheap and barely keep a cleanie!

Will wait until the night before the next game to do my second free transfer. Bound to be an injury or 2 as they're packing in 3 international games per team.

Paul_Scholes18

United defenders are surely a mug's game in fantasy footy! Not exactly cheap and barely keep a cleanie!

Will wait until the night before the next game to do my second free transfer. Bound to be an injury or 2 as they're packing in 3 international games per team.
We did pretty well near the end of last season though. I don't trust Digne anymore. Cancelo could also be rotated knowing Pep.

I do want someone from us, but not sure I want Bruno or Rashford. Martials form is a worry too if I would go for him.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
This transfers are killing me. In last two weeks i bought Zaha and McCarthy. And now i am sure that i should have bought Grealish and Martinez instead.
fecking hell, i am close to doing rage transfers and taking a hit. Villa looks pretty good right now

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
This transfers are killing me. In last two weeks i bought Zaha and McCarthy. And now i am sure that i should have bought Grealish and Martinez instead.
fecking hell, i am close to doing rage transfers and taking a hit. Villa looks pretty good right now
Don't worry about McCarthy/Martinez. Both will be great over the course of a season. Grealish is pretty much essential though imo and certainly more consistent than Zaha

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
For now I will keep my current team and will probably upgrade Nyland to McCarthy to use bench boost in three weeks with this team:

Martinez McCarthy
Bellerin Cresswell Chilwell Vestergaard Dias
Grealish Rodriguez Salah Son Ziyech
Werner DCL Adams

Seems fixtures will be fine for bench boost in 3 weeks. But after the turn of year if I wanted to just aim for a bit of a template team and overload my first team with quality I could probably aim for:

Martinez
Chilwell Castagne Cresswell Bellerin Vestergaard
Salah KDB Bruno Ziyech Grealish
DCL Adams Brewster

But before New Year I am probably going to change my view multiple times. Fixtures will have turned for Spurs so I may end up with Kane instead of DCL but downgrade some of my defenders and Adams... but that would be too first team heavy.

If Castagne is back after Liverpool game I might be getting him into my team anyway. Leicester‘s next four games look great... then again Dias has a great fixture list as well and he’d probably be lining up for him.

RashyForPM

Just realised and wanted to say that there isn’t any point of putting in Cresswell. West Ham have an alright next two fixtures but why not just stick Masuaku or Balbuena in at half a million less? People are falling into a trap putting Cresswell in, just because he’s the most expensive.

So, my plan for GW9 is:

Martinez
Zouma Coady Masuaku
Fernandes Son Salah Grealish
DCL Richarlison Jimenez

GW10:

Fernandes -> KdB
Jimenez -> Wilson

GW11:

Coady -> Walker/Dias

Mcking

Just realised and wanted to say that there isn’t any point of putting in Cresswell. West Ham have an alright next two fixtures but why not just stick Masuaku or Balbuena in at half a million less? People are falling into a trap putting Cresswell in, just because he’s the most expensive.

So, my plan for GW9 is:

Martinez
Zouma Coady Masuaku
DCL Richarlison Jimenez

GW10:

Fernandes -> KdB
Jimenez -> Wilson

GW11:

Coady -> Walker/Dias
I have Balbuena, but perfectly understand why everyone would prefer Cresswell.

He is on set-pieces, and statistically the most creative defender in the game.

Cutch

So, my plan for GW9 is:

Martinez
Zouma Coady Masuaku
DCL Richarlison Jimenez

GW10:

Fernandes -> KdB
Jimenez -> Wilson

GW11:

Coady -> Walker/Dias
I didn't actually realise how good Cresswell was until I added him in this game and watched him closely this last couple of matches. His left foot is unreal. The last game alone he should have had 2 goals and 2 assists

Paul_Scholes18

The only thing worse than heartbreak is International break
Just waiting for injuries to ruin all my plans. Grealish injury would be the worst.
I think it might be a good time to sell Salah for Bruno/KDB, but not sure I have that move in me.
Probably wants him back when TAA is back so waste of transfers.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Just waiting for injuries to ruin all my plans. Grealish injury would be the worst.
I think it might be a good time to sell Salah for Bruno/KDB, but not sure I have that move in me.
Probably wants him back when TAA is back so waste of transfers.
There's never a good time to sell Salah. Greedy, on penalties, still a good attacking team, can score against anyone etc. He's the one un-sellable in my opinion (unless you have Mane).

Sarni

Between GW10 and GW12 Leicester are playing Fulham and Brighton at home and Sheffield Utd away. Bellerin and Son for Castagne and Barnes during that period should be pretty okay, right? Barnes is just £6.9m now and his underlying metrics are good. Seems to be a bit of a flat track bully.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Between GW10 and GW12 Leicester are playing Fulham and Brighton at home and Sheffield Utd away. Bellerin and Son for Castagne and Barnes during that period should be pretty okay, right? Barnes is just £6.9m now and his underlying metrics are good. Seems to be a bit of a flat track bully.
But Barnes also drops to the bench once in a while.

I would love Vardy but I've put so much money into Kane... I'll see how Kane looks against City before making a decision.

Paul_Scholes18

There's never a good time to sell Salah. Greedy, on penalties, still a good attacking team, can score against anyone etc. He's the one un-sellable in my opinion (unless you have Mane).
Just assuming Milner will take those pens now. Still not worth the transfers since I probably want him back.

There is no way for me to manage to get Bruno and KDB with Salah so I have to pick one.

Sarni

But Barnes also drops to the bench once in a while.

I would love Vardy but I've put so much money into Kane... I'll see how Kane looks against City before making a decision.
He has only really been on the bench against Wolves, right?

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
On the injury front, it's so far so good. With two internationals still to be played, I'm not counting chickens before they've hatched.

I do need to think about what I want to with Helder Costa, Willian and Lacazette. I don't want get rid of all 3. I'm thinking of benching Costa, and replacing Willian with Ward Prowse but the Southampton man is apparently injured but has a 75% chance of playing.

Lacazette should have scored against Villa and hard a goal harshly chalked against Leicester. Given how open Leeds play, I'm leaning towards sticking with him despite the lack of goals for he and his team.

RashyForPM

I have Balbuena, but perfectly understand why everyone would prefer Cresswell.

He is on set-pieces, and statistically the most creative defender in the game.
For 0.6m more than his colleagues in the same team when more prominent areas can be upgraded without him? Don't see it personally. Also, I really doubt he'll keep up his current level of creativity. I mean, he plays as an LCB for West Ham. Even Masuaku plays ahead of him as an LWB. Will he really get assists so far in excess of his teammates that it's worth wasting money on him?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Having a dilemma. If no injuries happen on international footy, I have to make one of these decisions (for two gameweeks time):

Son and Kane for Vardy and Sterling

Or

Son and Robertson for Sterling and any defender (Telles, Castagne, Bellerin etc).

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I made both my transfers already so praying no one gets injured :lol:

Cutch

On the injury front, it's so far so good. With two internationals still to be played, I'm not counting chickens before they've hatched.

I do need to think about what I want to with Helder Costa, Willian and Lacazette. I don't want get rid of all 3. I'm thinking of benching Costa, and replacing Willian with Ward Prowse but the Southampton man is apparently injured but has a 75% chance of playing.

Lacazette should have scored against Villa and hard a goal harshly chalked against Leicester. Given how open Leeds play, I'm leaning towards sticking with him despite the lack of goals for he and his team.
I think get rid of Willian and Lacazette. Arsenal attackers are useless!

K Stand Knut

I was going to WC this week but my team actually looks quite decent for one more GW and I’ve managed to transfer Grealish in for Jorginho.

Current squad is:
McCarthy/Ryan
James/Doherty/KWP/Justin/Burn
Fornals/Son/Grealish/Salah/Rodriguez
DCL/Kane/
Brewster.

I’m not expecting either GK to have a CS and Doherty will probably struggle to keep one against city.

WC saved for next week instead.

Cutch

I was going to WC this week but my team actually looks quite decent for one more GW and I’ve managed to transfer Grealish in for Jorginho.

Current squad is:
McCarthy/Ryan
James/Doherty/KWP/Justin/Burn
Fornals/Son/Grealish/Salah/Rodriguez
DCL/Kane/
Brewster.

I’m not expecting either GK to have a CS and Doherty will probably struggle to keep one against city.

WC saved for next week instead.
Don't see a lot wrong with that squad at all. I'd be lookin to ship Doherty and Son in the next couple of weeks just and Justin once Pereira gets back but otherwise it looks fine.

Mcking

For 0.6m more than his colleagues in the same team when more prominent areas can be upgraded without him? Don't see it personally. Also, I really doubt he'll keep up his current level of creativity. I mean, he plays as an LCB for West Ham. Even Masuaku plays ahead of him as an LWB. Will he really get assists so far in excess of his teammates that it's worth wasting money on him?
For 0.6m more, yes, unless you need the money.

K Stand Knut

Don't see a lot wrong with that squad at all. I'd be lookin to ship Doherty and Son in the next couple of weeks just and Justin once Pereira gets back but otherwise it looks fine.
yeah, Doherty almost went this week and in fairness probably should have. Might bench him nearer the time but thino Mourinho is more likely to conjure up a clean sheet against city than Rodgers is against Liverpool.

Son might go but he’s like Salah minus the penalties. He can, and does score against anyone!