Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Dan_F

Tch with Salah missing two PL games (15 days quarantine right?), considering taking the -8 hit.

Haven't used my transfers yet, still have enough cash surplus so not too worried.
Initially planning to make this switch on next Friday,
1. Kane to Vardy
2. Son to Bruno

Now I'm not too sure... should I kept either one of Kane/Son first or... just let it rip and go for it, high risk = high reward potentially.
It’s 14 days, but I’m not sure if he’d go back into the starting line up straight away. Completely depends on his reaction.

I’m considering taking another hit to get Bruno in. I already took a -4 to get in Watkins and Grealish, but my first sub is Podence, so there’s a chance for Bruno to pull back all of that margin in one game.

Leonzo1

I'm thinking of taking a -8
Bruno Vardy and Riedewald IN
Son Kane and Jorginho OUT
I know it's a big hit and I almost never do it but Vardy and Bruno can score big points over the next 4 weeks. I can wait 1 week to get an extra transfer, but then I'm losing Bruno vs West Brom and Vardy vs the no defense Liverpool. Any thoughts?

archiebald

Is Ziyech the best option for Chelsea attackers at the moment? Pulisic doesn't start enough and I can't do Werner unless I get rid of either one of DCL/Jimenez/Bamford.

K Stand Knut

It’s 14 days, but I’m not sure if he’d go back into the starting line up straight away. Completely depends on his reaction.

I’m considering taking another hit to get Bruno in. I already took a -4 to get in Watkins and Grealish, but my first sub is Podence, so there’s a chance for Bruno to pull back all of that margin in one game.
Think the ruling is that you self-isolate for 10 days after a positive test, or at least that’s what I’ve been told about it by a friend who tested positive

Dan_F

Think the ruling is that you self-isolate for 10 days after a positive test, or at least that’s what I’ve been told about it by a friend who tested positive
Yeah you’re right. If he was in Egypt then surely it depends on the rules there before he’s allowed to fly back.

The most annoying thing is there’s quite a good Bruno gets rested in the PL at some point, as the CL tie is now a complete must win, as well as needing to pick up a point from either PSG or Leipzig.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Is Ziyech the best option for Chelsea attackers at the moment? Pulisic doesn't start enough and I can't do Werner unless I get rid of either one of DCL/Jimenez/Bamford.
Yes. I'd be somewhat wary of their long-term fixtures though.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Anyone planning on wildcarding soon? I never plan these things. Wonder if anyone had any thoughts when is best to use it

1nil

There will come a time when everybody on your team is injured. Very likely this season.

K Stand Knut

Anyone planning on wildcarding soon? I never plan these things. Wonder if anyone had any thoughts when is best to use it
i had planned on doing it this weekend but my team actually looks decent for this game week.

May well use it the weekend after though because that seems to be when a lot of ‘fixture swings’ occur.

Think there is a deadline to use it though before January when I think (again) that you get another one

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Depends on your team really. Around now would be a good time if you want to ditch Spurs/Wolves players and load up on the like of City, United and Villa instead. If you don't have Spurs/Wolves players, don't want to ditch them or don't want to load up on those other teams then the fixtures shift will mean less to you.

K Stand Knut

Yeah you’re right. If he was in Egypt then surely it depends on the rules there before he’s allowed to fly back.

The most annoying thing is there’s quite a good Bruno gets rested in the PL at some point, as the CL tie is now a complete must win, as well as needing to pick up a point from either PSG or Leipzig.
Not because it’s Salah but I would like to think that our government would have a protocol to not allow someone back in to the country who had tested positive until they have done the same thing as they would have to do if they lived in this country and in football terms, had another test with a negative result.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They still need to announce when City and United will play that game in hand. (v VillA and Burnley)
That's when we'll need to make sure we get a bit more of coverage between the two. I'm on 0 between the two at the moment!

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
They still need to announce when City and United will play that game in hand. (v VillA and Burnley)
That's when we'll need to make sure we get a bit more of coverage between the two. I'm on 0 between the two at the moment!
there won’t be any need to get burnley players this season. The team is awful

Deery

Dreary
The Salah Corona virus has really messed up my team taken him out for Bruno and now can’t afford to bring him back oh well..

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
The Salah Corona virus has really messed up my team taken him out for Bruno and now can’t afford to bring him back oh well..
Why have you (and many others) taken Salah out? He'll only miss one game and you're losing value for that one game?

Deery

Dreary
Why have you (and many others) taken Salah out? He'll only miss one game and you're losing value for that one game?
I played my wildcard this week so been tinkering with my team and I’m falling behind the leaders so can’t afford not to have a premium midfielder and United have easier fixtures.
I will miss Salah but he’s been good to me.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Should you need to, international break is a good time to use it. You get two weeks to map out, plan and make the changes you want to make.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Will keep a key eye on that Son one!

TAA, Son and Salah makes it all a bit awkward. Kept 1 free transfer, but may well be the perfect time to take a -4, and convert Son to Bruno, and TAA down to a cheaper player. That way Salah can stay in there.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Have said it for years, it makes no sense to play internationals through the season. Just schedule everything for May-June as club season will be shorter. July for holidays and repeat. That way regularly capped players are conditioned to tournament formats and especially in a COVID world, you can regulate and control player environments far safer.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Having Bruno in there for Wbrom is tempting.

But 1) We're wildly inconsistent, and haven't won in the league at home for about 6 games (is it?) going back into last season too
2)Last couple of times I had Bruno and captained him he blanked!

Kane, or Grealish/Watkins could be just as, if not smarter choices.

hubbuh

I’m taking salah out too. He’s too expensive to sit on the bench even for one gw. Let’s see how he comes back.
Take him out and you're effectively pricing yourself out of getting him back in again (without having to reshuffle you're team about). Times like now having a decent bench to fall back on pays it way.

Paul_Scholes18

I feel I want Bruno short, but probably not long term. Not sure to plan long time ahead works that well a year like this.
Always things changing with Corona and injuries that guide your moves anyway.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I see that lots of you don't have faith in Spurs for next 5,6 matches. I will stick with Son and Kane and wait for counters. :)

Anyway, question; when gw is on weekend AND midweek, does that mean that your team play two games or you have another deadline on tuesday?

K Stand Knut

I see that lots of you don't have faith in Spurs for next 5,6 matches. I will stick with Son and Kane and wait for counters. :)

Anyway, question; when gw is on weekend AND midweek, does that mean that your team play two games or you have another deadline on tuesday?
Depends a bit.

If everyone is playing mid-week AND weekend, it would normally mean two game weeks.

If there is only a few mid-week games, it will normally mean some players have a double game week

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Any word on Rashford and Greenwood? Think my transfers all depend on how likely they are to play!

K Stand Knut

Any word on Rashford and Greenwood? Think my transfers all depend on how likely they are to play!
what words are you waiting for?

with 7 days until our next game, I’d be shocked if Ole came out with any comments yet.

Wait for tomorrow and see if Rashford plays or starts.

My interest in international football is so low that I don’t even know if Rashford has met up with England

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
what words are you waiting for?

with 7 days until our next game, I’d be shocked if Ole came out with any comments yet.

Wait for tomorrow and see if Rashford plays or starts.

My interest in international football is so low that I don’t even know if Rashford has met up with England
About their injuries, if anyone had heard any updates about their severity, or read anything online.

Greenwood in particular seems a bit puzzling. Just have to wait and see I guess. But if they are out and Son is out, and I already have TAA and Salah out, a -8 could well essential.