Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Neo_Mufc

Can't wait to take him out after Newcastle. Never getting the cnut ever again.
Thing is City play Arsenal away on Tuesday now I'm a little worried that Mahrez will start this game then be rested for the Newcastle match.

That will really piss me off.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
KDB going out after Newcastle regardless of what he does. At his price point, he needs to be hauling often. Dropping him means I can swap that dipshit Wilson to Kane.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
KDB going out after Newcastle regardless of what he does. At his price point, he needs to be hauling often. Dropping him means I can swap that dipshit Wilson to Kane.
I'll have to devise some 3 transfer magic that sees De Bruyne out but Kane and Son in pre Fulham.
Both play in the short week 18 which helps a lot. I'll have to make sure my next transfer trims a little bit of money and bring in a week 18 player too.
Planning where you're hopeful nothing unforseen comes up to wreck it.

Paul_Scholes18

I think Liverpool got lucky to get a clean sheet and they hardly look solid at the moment, but TAA and Robertson are so good in attack.
Feels like I want them since the ceiling is so high for the double. Yes one game against us could be bad hopefully, but the second one great.

Neo_Mufc

Hey! that dipshit is on 9 points for me at the moment.

Yes I will be getting rid too.

Neo_Mufc

It's a nice parting gift. I can't keep tabs on Newcastle scores, they're so shit.

Opinions:

KDB & Che Adams vs. Grealish & Kane
I'd probably say the latter, Kane has a lovely set of fixtures I don't fancy Grealish though because Villas take a dip.

Paul_Scholes18

How do people deal with the blank and doubles. My squad is 50/50 at the moment and I am 50/50 in what I want before that week too.

I think it is easier to get a good team for the double since there are quality defensive teams then with good fixtures.

Although I feel I want kane back only to sell him for Vardy I guess for the double.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
How do people deal with the blank and doubles. My squad is 50/50 at the moment and I am 50/50 in what I want before that week too.

I think it is easier to get a good team for the double since there are quality defensive teams then with good fixtures.

Although I feel I want kane back only to sell him for Vardy I guess for the double.
Right now I think the best for me will be to use no chips, have 8 players on GW18 and then 9 doubles the following week. That is doable and seems like good choice. I may use BB on 19 as my singles will have decently looking games too it seems.

Next week will be a nightmare. All my players have good fixtures. Leaning towards dropping Dier at Wolves, Vestergaard at Fulham and one of Son at Wolves or Bruno at Leicester. My rotation is:

Martinez vs Palace
McCarthy at Fulham

Vestergaard at Fulham
Chilwell at Arsenal
Dias vs Newcastle
Cresswell vs Brighton
Dier at Wolves

Bowen vs Brighton
Bruno at Leicester
Son at Wolves
Salah vs WBA
Grealish vs Palace

Bamford vs Burnley
Watkins vs Palace
DCL at Sheffield

Impossible to come up with XI.

Paul_Scholes18

Right now I think the best for me will be to use no chips, have 8 players on GW18 and then 9 doubles the following week. That is doable and seems like good choice. I may use BB on 19 as my singles will have decently looking games too it seems.

Next week will be a nightmare. All my players have good fixtures. Leaning towards dropping Dier at Wolves, Vestergaard at Fulham and one of Son at Wolves or Bruno at Leicester. My rotation is:

Martinez vs Palace
McCarthy at Fulham

Vestergaard at Fulham
Chilwell at Arsenal
Dias vs Newcastle
Cresswell vs Brighton
Dier at Wolves

Bowen vs Brighton
Bruno at Leicester
Son at Wolves
Salah vs WBA
Grealish vs Palace

Bamford vs Burnley
Watkins vs Palace
DCL at Sheffield

Impossible to come up with XI.
Interesting. I am thinking about using the free hit for 18 and then not bench boost since I do not have enough doubles and may get later in the season.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Interesting. I am thinking about using the free hit for 18 and then not bench boost since I do not have enough doubles and may get later in the season.
This is what I will be doing too.

I'll be looking to use the TC in the DGW instead. Most likely on Salah, who has two home games, has just been rested and has one of the less congested schedules around that time.

Using the BB would just take too much effort and restructuring. If I still had my first wildcard I'd probably opt for that though.

Paul_Scholes18

I'll be looking to use the TC in the DGW instead. Most likely on Salah, who has two home games, has just been rested and has one of the less congested schedules around that time.

Using the BB would just take too much effort and restructuring. If I still had my first wildcard I'd probably opt for that though.
I can't use a TC against us hehe. If Salah had another game I might have gone for it.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I can't use a TC against us hehe. If Salah had another game I might have gone for it.
Could always opt for Bruno instead if you're feeling patriotic. Two away games (where he tends to do better), the other being against Fulham. Just imagine him scoring a last minute winner at Anfield....... :drool:

Paul_Scholes18

Could always opt for Bruno instead if you're feeling patriotic. Two away games (where he tends to do better), the other being against Fulham. Just imagine him scoring a last minute winner at Anfield....... :drool:
I think I will save it for our game vs Burnley in a double. Could be more doubles for us near the end too.
Rashford or Bruno TC could be fun then I think. I guess Bruno will be the popular captain then.

Paul_Scholes18

What about Firmino? Finding some form again. Many years since he really produced big fantasy numbers, but they got good fixtures.
Mane plus Salah is too expensive, but Firmino and Salah could be decent value.

Anyone actually have him?

Sarni

Feels wrong not having Kane for the upcoming run of games but I’d probably have to sacrifice Bruno as I want to keep a deep team during Christmas run (I have also enjoyed being able to field a team with largely favorable fixtures in recent weeks). Tough decisions. Kane seems super essential.

Web of Bissaka

How do people deal with the blank and doubles.
Free Hit! - blank
Transfers (G14->G17 & GW19) + Bench Boost! - doubles

Already started preparing. Team is around 60% complete. 6 players left to be added, 3 more GWs left. Had to take negative hits and potential poor returns in the four GWs but I don't mind. Already gave up this December Depression. Focusing on potentially January Joy.

Web of Bissaka

Surely Mou and Spurs will get fired up for this game.
If they drop points then that's on the players for conceding the lead. This season is arguably their best chances to finally win any trophies.

Need Captain Son and Kane to haul frenzy :drool: come on!

Mcking

Looking at the team I will have by GW17, only four players are playing GW18. Martinez, Kane, Son, and Lamptey playing against Man City. Guess not using the free hit is not an option at all.

I won't BB as well, probably TC Salah or Vardy.

Sarni

When is Antonio back? Would like him for the upcoming West Ham fixtures. If not I will take a gamble on Haller for my rotating forward spot (currently with Watkins).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

That's a good shout.
As i've managed to acquire 3 points - that's total- ie 3x1 (!) the last 2 seasons on my triple captain, just Salah playing more than 60mins in one of the games would see me double my usual :)

Imagine if he scores 2-3 goals and assists though - could be looking at outrageous points.
We'll see though - life is never that easy.

Will be a toss up of whether that'd be more points than using a free hit and packing it with 11 players with doubles. Having squeezed through week 18 with 9-10 playing.

Sarni

That's a good shout.
As i've managed to acquire 3 points - that's total- ie 3x1 (!) the last 2 seasons on my triple captain, just Salah playing more than 60mins in one of the games would see me double my usual :)

Imagine if he scores 2-3 goals and assists though - could be looking at outrageous points.
We'll see though - life is never that easy.

Will be a toss up of whether that'd be more points than using a free hit and packing it with 11 players with doubles. Having squeezed through week 18 with 9-10 playing.
Yeah dithering between all the chips for GW19. Feels like a waste to use any on 18 as those game look ridiculously unpredictable so may end up getting 40 points despite that. I will have Son, Dier, Grealish, DCL and Dias at the very least that game week anyway so getting to 7-8 is a non-issue. Getting more than 10 doubles for 19 without FH is hard for me too as I cannot sell any of Grealish, Son and DCL.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah dithering between all the chips for GW19. Feels like a waste to use any on 18 as those game look ridiculously unpredictable so may end up getting 40 points despite that. I will have Son, Dier, Grealish, DCL and Dias at the very least that game week anyway so getting to 7-8 is a non-issue. Getting more than 10 doubles for 19 without FH is hard for me too as I cannot sell any of Grealish, Son and DCL.
Yep. Villa and Tottenham coverage look the absolute essential for that week.
Man City is difficult as De Bruyne is one of my City players but he'll probably be the one I sacrifice to get in Son and others.

You have the same front 3 as me - so roll on Watkins going wild today but erm...Bamford not so! Unless it's in the 93rd min when we're 3 or 4 up!

Leonzo1

Need a fodder striker up to 5.5

Welbeck
Fabio Silva
Mcgoldrick
Brewster

Leaning towards Mcgoldrick at the moment.

Thoughts?

sillwuka

Need a fodder striker up to 5.5

Welbeck
Fabio Silva
Mcgoldrick
Brewster

Leaning towards Mcgoldrick at the moment.

Thoughts?
That's a difficult one.
Mcgoldrick and Brewster never seem to be nailed on and you don't know who Wilder will start upfront.

Welbeck not starting today but may come on..

My punt would be Silva but don't expect much, Nuno may even start playing Podence or Neto up top.