Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Man last week was brutal. My entire league got lowish points but my main rivals had KWP and Soucek whilst I had Chilwell and KDB.

Crazy when you actually read the above. Luckily the new week starts today so I won't mull over it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Leaning towards Salah even though I said I'd leave it on Bruno now. Wolves could be a very tough game.

Maxii

Paad
Risking Bruno captain. Need to make up some ground in my league and the majority will be going with Salah again. It’s risky though

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I subbed KDB out for Son. I like Son's fixtures vs Fulham/Leeds as opposed to KDB (Everton, Chelsea).

Captained Salah, can't risk it - Bruce's Newcastle are shite.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Struggling to plan for the blank/dgw. Can't really be arsed overthinking it to be honest. Probably should just free hit the blank?

I have 5 players out for the blank as things stand. 5 players playing in the dgw. Team value is 105m and I can't take any decent players out and bring them back.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I would keep Martinez, but like the other two transfers. Maddison and Zaha are both risky and will blow both hot and cold I think. I think you might get good return on our trio, but think Martial is the most risky one of them.

This is my squad right now, and I'm very open for tips going into the next couple of rounds (numbers in brackets are valueloss if sold):

Martinez(+0,1), Ryan (My weakest point in the squad right now, but I will not prioritize changing him just yet)

Alioski, Zouma (+0,4), Bednarek (+0,2), Justin (+0,3), Coufal (+0,1)

Grealish (+0,4), Salah (+0,3), KDB, Fernandes (+0,3), Rashford

Bamford (+0,2), Watkins (+0,1), Adams

Squadvalue 105,5M (total salesvalue 103,1M) + 0,2M in the bank

My plan was to go from Watkins to Valencia in round 16, but will he get fit soon enough for GW19?
I will use chips in GW 18 (FH) and GW 19 (BB)

Where to go next?
With Martial I think the price he’s at he can be decent value. He’s also a very easy upgrade to Vardy/Kane, and an easy downgrade to Watkins once Villa’s fixtures get easier. Also between him, Rashford and Bruno I will have like 80% of United goals over this period covered and we have been a decent attacking team.

Maddison and Zaha will blow hot and cold but at that price point everyone will. Grealish is also inconsistent though he still has a few hauls in him because of how involved he is in Villa’s attack. I expect him to eventually take over penalty duty at some point too.

Good thing about my squad is I have relatively easy paths to get more money in. Chilwell, Coufal, second goalkeeper can easily be downgraded without significant loss in quality which would allow me to grab another premium in midfield or attack. I could even go 4 deep in defence which would allow me to get Sterling in for Maddison if I wanted. That is the advantage of having a high value team (almost 107.0m now), my flexibility is much greater than all my league rivals, none of whom are above 102.5m and most are below 101.0m somehow. For example third place in my league used to be over 100 points ahead of me but it’s down to 28 now and his bench is O’Shea, Williams and Hojbjerg which means a) he will not benefit from GW18&19 at all, b) Vardy being out today means he replaces him with either 0 or 2 points and that will become a more frequent thing in the future. It’s also very unlikely I will have to take any significant hits between now and the end of season because even when I decide to make my team more too heavy I will still keep a decent bench (the worst I would go for the cheapest options would be something like Targettt, Soucek and Adams/Watkins).

Sarni

Between Salah and Bruno for me for captaincy this week. I think Salah. He shouldn’t go two blanks in a row and everyone else in my league is captaining KDB or Kane.

Sarni

Struggling to plan for the blank/dgw. Can't really be arsed overthinking it to be honest. Probably should just free hit the blank?

I have 5 players out for the blank as things stand. 5 players playing in the dgw. Team value is 105m and I can't take any decent players out and bring them back.
I was dithering this but decided to go FH in 18 and build for 19. Some of the teams that have DGW in 19 have a great schedule after that too. The only downside is getting rid of City assets (great games after 19) but I don’t love most of them anyway due to rotation/price. I am going to get some of them back in after 19 anyway. I am looking at Sterling and Dias mostly.

troylocker

With Martial I think the price he’s at he can be decent value. He’s also a very easy upgrade to Vardy/Kane, and an easy downgrade to Watkins once Villa’s fixtures get easier. Also between him, Rashford and Bruno I will have like 80% of United goals over this period covered and we have been a decent attacking team.

Maddison and Zaha will blow hot and cold but at that price point everyone will. Grealish is also inconsistent though he still has a few hauls in him because of how involved he is in Villa’s attack. I expect him to eventually take over penalty duty at some point too.

Good thing about my squad is I have relatively easy paths to get more money in. Chilwell, Coufal, second goalkeeper can easily be downgraded without significant loss in quality which would allow me to grab another premium in midfield or attack. I could even go 4 deep in defence which would allow me to get Sterling in for Maddison if I wanted. That is the advantage of having a high value team (almost 107.0m now), my flexibility is much greater than all my league rivals, none of whom are above 102.5m and most are below 101.0m somehow. For example third place in my league used to be over 100 points ahead of me but it’s down to 28 now and his bench is O’Shea, Williams and Hojbjerg which means a) he will not benefit from GW18&19 at all, b) Vardy being out today means he replaces him with either 0 or 2 points and that will become a more frequent thing in the future. It’s also very unlikely I will have to take any significant hits between now and the end of season because even when I decide to make my team more too heavy I will still keep a decent bench (the worst I would go for the cheapest options would be something like Targettt, Soucek and Adams/Watkins).
Makes sence, and flexibility is key I think. Good job on building value.
I've taken 52points of hits to get to around 106M, and will not need to take as many in the future. Will probably take a hit to juggle Ryan, KDB and Adams into something else, but that is pretty much it. I have great momentum now (349 points in December, 928 total) so I'm gonna try to build on that.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Definitely Captain Salah. I doubt he will blank twice in a row. And Newcastle are behind shit with their Bruce-Ball tactics. It's gonna be a slaughter I reckon.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Makes sence, flexibility is key I think. Good job on building value.
I've taken 52points of hits to get to around 106M, and will not need to take as many in the future. Will probably take a hit to juggle Ryan, KDB and Adams into something else, but that is pretty much it. I have great momentum now (349 points in December, 928 total) so I'm gonna try to build on that.
Why so many hits? I'm on 926 with a team value of 105.5 and only have taken maybe one or two hits...

With that said, I've already left around 70 points on the bench as my bench players constantly outperform my first team :lol:

troylocker

Why so many hits? I'm on 926 with a team value of 105.5 and only have taken maybe one or two hits...

With that said, I've already left around 70 points on the bench as my bench players constantly outperform my first team :lol:
I usually don't build like that, but the start of the season was a bit bumpy and I think it is important to cash in now and then to avoid getting married (because of tied up value) to some of the less consistent players (Total resellvalue 103,1 + 0,2 in the bank). Lost 0,7M of squadvalue this round and 0,4M last round when I let Chillwell, DCL and Ward-Prowse go, but I think it is important to cash in now and then to not be to dependent on these kind of players. Now I have Ryan, KDB, Adams, Rashford and Watkins (+0,1) with little or no valueloss to juggle with and I will take very few hits the next 10 rounds. Grealish, Salah, Bruno, Zouma, Martinez and Bamford is my core and will stay in my team at least till the next wildcard is played (when the DGW around Easter comes) if they avoid serious injury.

I have left 66 points on the bench so far this season myself, but that is nothing compared to last season: Ended up with 292 dead points on the bench, and had a run of 100 points on the bench from the first 6 matches at the start of the season. Criminal! Decent season though with 2288 points total. :houllier:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Had originally set the captaincy on Bruno as a place holder but have moved it to Salah.

Would be really annoying if either Bruno blanks/United don't win and then have to sit through the Liverpool game the next day hoping Salah blows up again.

DCL and De Bruyne to Kane and Son.

Yes lost 0.4m on DCL but he is going down in price tonight but Taylor is going up and Salah amazingly might go up again soon despite now being 12.6m so will soon get that value back.

Son and Kane might blank of course. But if you ignore them in their next 2 fixtures and they haul big you'd kick yourself.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Makes sence, and flexibility is key I think. Good job on building value.
That's a very different way of playing the game!
23 points ahead of me though and 2.5m more team value.

But the thing with team value is you can lose a big wad in a go if any of your early successes have a 3-4 week injury. So it's not the be all and end all.

RedMist99

I see lots of people building their team geared towards the double game week in week 18, but surely its just easier to use the free hit?

Have those players already used their free hit or want to keep it for a covid emergency?

sillwuka

Similar thinking to you, i haven't really been planning at all for these dgws.

90 + 5min

Often, when a big player and its team goes through a difficult period there comes a reaction. Mostly playing home against a opponent that isn't that good. With that said, Kane is good shout. Knowing Mourinho he doesn't rest his best players.

Fernandes is in risk of starting on the bench. Salah is good choice but with Liverpool being unconsistent against weaker sides I might think that this could be risk.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I see lots of people building their team geared towards the double game week in week 18, but surely its just easier to use the free hit?

Have those players already used their free hit or want to keep it for a covid emergency?
It just seems a weak set of fixtures to use a vital chip on when you can cover the key players in it?

If anything I'd want to use the free hit in week 19 and smash the double players.
Could probably argue either way round though.

troylocker

That's a very different way of playing the game!
23 points ahead of me though and 2.5m more team value.

But the thing with team value is you can lose a big wad in a go if any of your early successes have a 3-4 week injury. So it's not the be all and end all.
That's why this game is so great; there is so many takes on it. I enjoy the journey a lot and like to find a core of 5-6 players early and rotate, through transfers, the rest of the squad to build value, avoid getting married to inconsistent players, grind the market for cash and upgrades and boost the squad for certain fixtures. If you go 100% for valuebuilding you won't score high, so it's trying to find that balance that makes the game so much fun. The number 1 teams takes a lot fewer hits, but I enjoy my take on it, and I have definitely made some bad choices in the market and with team/captain selection this season, so there is a LOT of potential.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That's why this game is so great; there is so many takes on it. I enjoy the journey a lot and like to find a core of 5-6 players early and rotate, through transfers, the rest of the squad to build value, avoid getting married to inconsistent players, grind the market for cash and upgrades and boost the squad for certain fixtures. If you go 100% for valuebuilding you won't score high, so it's trying to find that balance that makes the game so much fun. The number 1 teams takes a lot fewer hits, but I enjoy my take on it, and I have definitely made some bad choices in the market and with team/captain selection this season, so there is a LOT of potential.
A guy in my league took about 50 points of hits in 4 weeks. Yet surged up the table and has a high team value.

However he's tapered back off again now.

If you get top early on it's quite easy to maintain it as average weeks will keep you up there.
And it's a real knack to make major ground from mid season on. There's one guy in our league who is superb at it. He's gone from page 2 of our league (50+) to 15th in 3 weeks! Astounding.

troylocker

The double game week is in week 19, but the problem with this is the blank week 18. This is where the free hit should probably be used, unless you have a fairly balanced squad (between blankers and DGW players) going into these weeks and don't mind losing some points over these rounds.

troylocker

A guy in my league took about 50 points of hits in 4 weeks. Yet surged up the table and has a high team value.

However he's tapered back off again now.

If you get top early on it's quite easy to maintain it as average weeks will keep you up there.
And it's a real knack to make major ground from mid season on. There's one guy in our league who is superb at it. He's gone from page 2 of our league (50+) to 15th in 3 weeks! Astounding.
That is my plan as well, this is when the climbing starts. GW 18 and 19 will make massive changes on the tables, and having momentum and a plan after that is key to a good season.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?

A lot of people seem to be planning to free hit in the blank game week and bench boost in the double.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A lot of people seem to be planning to free hit in the blank game week and bench boost in the double.
I always think you need a wildcard quite soon before an effective BB.
Otherwise you risk not having 4 even playing on your bench. Let alone them getting decent points.

I'm 7th in a league at the mo and was bemused to see the guy in 6th use his BB last week and only have 2 players - who only got about 2-3 points between them. Bizarre.

Neo_Mufc

I always think you need a wildcard quite soon before an effective BB.
Otherwise you risk not having 4 even playing on your bench. Let alone them getting decent points.

I'm 7th in a league at the mo and was bemused to see the guy in 6th use his BB last week and only have 2 players - who only got about 2-3 points between them. Bizarre.
Our league leader FH last week. Messed it up too hahah.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Our league leader FH last week. Messed it up too hahah.
The only time I can remember someone leading early on in our work league and not finishing top 3 was a guy who used all his chips ludicrously early on.
Then melted down to about 20th in the end.

We've had one guy lead for about 2months now. Not that big a lead but he keeps just about maintaining it.
No faith in the person 2nd as she hasn't got Bruno yet and left Cancelo on the bench at home to Newcastle for goodness sake.

So although she's about 6 points off top I think any rival for top spot will come from lower long term.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Should we use the free hit for GW18 ? What are your thoughts? Think, similar weeks will come again where league cup or FA cup will overlap between PL.

K Stand Knut

Should we use the free hit for GW18 ? What are your thoughts? Think, similar weeks will come again where league cup or FA cup will overlap between PL.
I was planning on using my FH for GW18 but having read a few posts about it from people, I’ve decided to try and use my transfers to get a decent squad together so I don’t have to use any wildcards at all for that week and cans save them for later in the season.

Some of the people who write about this kind of stuff seem to think if you can field 8/9 players on that game week, you’ll be ok and that the fixtures are full of games that can’t really be Predicted so not necessarily worth using a WC for

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Maddison didn't even make the squad. Oh dear
The sod's law that we play them full strength (relative to the last 3months - i know they've have defender issues) and then they have their 2 big boys out the next game!

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Missed the piggin deadline. Thought everything was kicking off around 8pm and then saw Palace and Leicester kicks off in 10 minutes. :lol::lol: