Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The more you watch Watkins the more you wonder how he's racked up 6 goals so far this season.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
How many points would Chiwell get today? Gutted I sold him for Dier! Gosh!
He won't haul. Atm looking at 5. If spurs keep a clean sheet (good chance vs Fulham) Dier will outscore him.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Well it comes with its disadvantages like leaving 24 points from Grealish on the bench, or 9 from Vestergaard the other day.
You are in the money for the next few weeks though. It should become more and more of an advantage as fixtures build up. I am going to have 4 starters on the bench from now on.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Son or Rashford. I can't put both. Son or Rashy? Rashy or Son?
Son was great for me so far but they are more and more difensive and we start to look as a team.

Neo_Mufc

I don't feel like it's worth taking Grealish out now. Yes he blanked today but he seems key to everything they do.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Son or Rashford. I can't put both. Son or Rashy? Rashy or Son?
Son was great for me so far but they are more and more difensive and we start to look as a team.
I prefer Rashford for the next round of games and I’m doing that exact transfer next week after Spurs have played Leeds. The only downside is having 3 United players which can be tricky if any of our games get postponed.

Son has slowed down a bit and his xG is lower than Rashford’s. Also the fact that everyone has him means his contributions are of little value. I prefer to take a risk here.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Had already done KDB to Son last night, but also did Grealish & DCL to Kane & Raphinha pre-deadline for a -8. Will be interesting to see how these moved have panned out after GW16 and 17 are done, and I free hit for GW18.

Also did Chilwell to Trent in the previous GW. Chilwell doing his best Lazarus impression and returning today means I need something from Trent this week.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Having Mitchell and Sturjik on my bench means I'll atleast have 2 players scoring some points in place of Keane/Dias. Hopefully McGoldrick does me a favor as well and scores in place of DCL.

Sarni

Martinez out for Fabianski now. Probably the best goalie to have for DGW19 with Burnley and West Brom at home. I am half tempted to get Johnstone in at some point too as Sam’s WBA will get ultra defensive soon.

I didn’t realize I was going to lose my free transfer for GW18 after free hitting, meaning I will have to take a hit to get both Dier and Son out as I’ll only have the one for GW19. Never mind though as with double games I should still get quite a few points.

Swiss_Red89

Lads, i've two questions:

1. Cresswell or Coufal? I was ready to bring in Coufal after this GW as he is cheaper and i thought plays more offensive than Cresswell. But i've just realised that Cresswell has 14 points more overall than Coufal, so i'm not so sure about that anymore. Who of the two is more likely to get the odd assist or goal?

2. Will it be possible to make a free transfer between GW18 and 19? I'm planning to play Watkins on GW18 and then switch to Che Adams for GW19 as Southampton plays to games on GW19.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Lads, i've two questions:

1. Cresswell or Coufal? I was ready to bring in Coufal after this GW as he is cheaper and i thought plays more offensive than Cresswell. But i've just realised that Cresswell has 14 points more overall than Coufal, so i'm not so sure about that anymore. Who of the two is more likely to get the odd assist or goal?

2. Will it be possible to make a free transfer between GW18 and 19? I'm planning to play Watkins on GW18 and then switch to Che Adams for GW19 as Southampton plays to games on GW19.
Coufal is an easy way to save 0.5m. He has less points than Cresswell but he missed the first 3 gameweeks. Over the last 6 games there is little to no difference between the 2. Coufal is more advanced (when they play 5 at the back) and is therefore getting himself into the penalty box more but Cresswell is taking direct free kicks and corners (sharing left footed ones with Bowen). Both are taking the indirect free kicks from further out aiming for the likes of Soucek. Cresswell is the better crosser and is unlucky not to have assisted more but I've gone for Coufal now as a set and forget for the better value

Nickosaur

Did anyone previously have a firm plan for the upcoming BGW18/DGW19? And now completely doubting yourself/not knowing the right thing to do?

I thought FH18, bench boost 19 was the obvious move. Now I'm not so sure. Especially with games starting to be postponed due to covid. Maybe it's worth holding onto chips due to some potential triple game weeks later in the season?!

saivet

Did anyone previously have a firm plan for the upcoming BGW18/DGW19? And now completely doubting yourself/not knowing the right thing to do?

I thought FH18, bench boost 19 was the obvious move. Now I'm not so sure. Especially with games starting to be postponed due to covid. Maybe it's worth holding onto chips due to some potential triple game weeks later in the season?!
Even if there were to be triple game weeks I'd imagine rotation would definitely happen and not many players would start all three. Covid could feck things up later in the season too, so I'd say if your squad is up to it, continue with the plan to use chips now.

Dan_F

Maybe. But the chances of players starting all three in a week are very slim. Plus you’d probably know the fixtures far enough in advance to plan for them.

It all depends on your squad. I can’t get away without free hitting in 18 now, only have four players with games. But if I’m not happy with my bench, then I’ll leave the bench boost for after my wildcard.

Why is it that my whole squad seem to be playing each other next week.

Spurs v Leeds - 2 players from each team
Liverpool v Southampton - 4 players.
United v Villa - 3 players.
Plus 2 players in the Everton v West Ham game.

I always see this as a negative thing, so I’m preparing for a shit week.

Leonzo1

Thoughts on Cavani? Ole's comments before the Wolves game suggests he will start plenty of games, even if he comes on as a sub occasionally I reckon he's worth a punt at 7.8. I'm thinking of going DCL to Cavani. especially given we have a nice run of fixtures coming up.

Sarni

Bowen’s goal today would be amazing for me as all my rivals seem to have 2-3 Southampton defenders/goalkeeper. I also have McC but would still benefit from him conceding.

Sarni

Thoughts on Cavani? Ole's comments before the Wolves game suggests he will start plenty of games, even if he comes on as a sub occasionally I reckon he's worth a punt at 7.8. I'm thinking of going DCL to Cavani. especially given we have a nice run of fixtures coming up.
Can’t see Cavani being a superior value than DCL to be honest. He will play a role but will often come off the bench while DCL is pretty much nailed and playing for a strong team too.

Sarni

I have built my team to have 13 doubles in 19 and only 4 active players in GW18. I guess I have no choice but to FH/BB.

Mcking

Bowen’s goal today would be amazing for me as all my rivals seem to have 2-3 Southampton defenders/goalkeeper. I also have McC but would still benefit from him conceding.
Yeah, the Southampton defenders, Chelsea defenders, Salah, Bruno and Son-Kane are the rank killers if you don't have at least one of each.

Southampton's cleansheet last gameweek against Fulham effectively wipped out Bruno's haul against Leicester for me.

I actually have the feeling that Bowen will start from the bench.

troylocker

I have built my team to have 13 doubles in 19 and only 4 active players in GW18. I guess I have no choice but to FH/BB.
Same here 13 doubles and only 2 active players in GW18. Chips will deffo be in play for me

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I can't keep up with tracking all of these doubles and blanks to be honest. I have all chips for use but no idea when to play what :lol:

RedDevil@84

I can't keep up with tracking all of these doubles and blanks to be honest. I have all chips for use but no idea when to play what :lol:
Depends on what is your aim of playing FPL. Mine is winning in my mini-league.
But I know my mini-league mates quite well and all of us are so lazy to think and plan. So no one is building up for anything and playing similar kind of "Let's see what we can do"

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Depends on what is your aim of playing FPL. Mine is winning in my mini-league.
But I know my mini-league mates quite well and all of us are so lazy to think and plan. So no one is building up for anything and playing similar kind of "Let's see what we can do"
So is mine :lol:

Lets just say my approach is passive. It's not working out!