Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Current wildcard thinking ...

Martinez / Johnstone

Cancelo (or Dias) / Stones / AWB / Dallas / Coufal

KDB / Son / Rashford / Bruno / Soucek

Bamford / Watkins / Lacazette

10 players for 18 and then Son or Rashford & Lacazette > Salah & Rodrigo for thr DGW given me 14/15 players with 2 matches. Bank the Free Hit for later in the season.

For comparison if I Free Hit 18 instead my current GW19 team would be ...

Meslier / Forster

Zouma / Dallas / Coufal / Taylor / Justin

Salah / Son / Bruno / Soucek / Mount

Kane / DCL / Bamford

Forster and Taylor need swapping out. DCL, Kane and Son all have single gw's (not so bad in Kane & Son's instance tbf) ,Chelsea look shite and I've got no Man City. I'd be looking at a -8 just to do Forster/Taylor/DCL to Johnston/Dias/Antonio for example.

troylocker

My current freehit team for GW18:

Darlow (Langley)
Tearney, Holding, Holgate (Bryan, Bernardo)
KDB, Rashford, Bruno, Son (Gundogan)
Lacazette, Martial, DCL

Thoughts?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Tempted to do WC and go to:

McCarthy
Cancelo Chilwell Cresswell
Salah Bruno KDB Grealish
Kane Bamford Antonio

Bench: 4.0 GK, Targett, Struijk, 4.3 MID

Views?

troylocker

Tempted to do WC and go to:

McCarthy
Cancelo Chilwell Cresswell
Salah Bruno KDB Grealish
Kane Bamford Antonio

Bench: 4.0 GK, Targett, Struijk, 4.3 MID

Views?
Tasty! Let's see how fast McCarthy recovers though.

DannyDash

Dont know about Chilwell, had him at 5.6 myself but dont see Chelsea keeping many clean sheets compared to City, Burnley etc

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Dont know about Chilwell, had him at 5.6 myself but dont see Chelsea keeping many clean sheets compared to City, Burnley etc
Everyone has their own view but imo team value is over rated, if a player is not performing i just get rid. The increased value isn't going to earn you any extra points. I would be thinking twice about bringing any Chelsea player in or keeping atm with the rut they are in.

Tarrou

I've never used free-hit before and didn't realise it resets my two free transfers to one

I'd planned to do two transfers before free hitting, but now I see those transfers will be reset too

its fecked up my plans royally

actually thinking of taking two hits over next two weeks and saving the chips

Sarni

Tasty! Let's see how fast McCarthy recovers though.
Hopefully in time for DGW. I can get some Arsenal players in there as well with a bit of clever movement, ESM for sure. Maybe even get rid of Chilwell and boost my bench a bit.

Sarni

Actually WC can get me this:

Leno 4.0 GK
Holding Cresswell Targett Cancelo Dallas
Salah KDB Bruno Grealish Smith-Rowe
Kane Watkins Bamford

I'd have 10 players next week and 10 doubles the following week as well... Hmm

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Everyone has their own view but imo team value is over rated, if a player is not performing i just get rid. The increased value isn't going to earn you any extra points. I would be thinking twice about bringing any Chelsea player in or keeping atm with the rut they are in.
It's not the be all and end all no.
But if you have a value of 102m and some one else has 106m they'll be getting Salah in while you'll have some 8.5m man. It can make a decisive tilt to a battle.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
But if you have a value of 102m and some one else has 106m they'll be getting Salah in while you'll have some 8.5m man. It can make a decisive tilt to a battle.
But that could take a long time to accumulate and by the time you get there you will be a long way behind for it to make any difference. I think a balance should be reached and not become fixated on it.

Sarni

I had 106.7m before today but now I’m cashing in on Chilwell, Son and DCL to build a new team. Will be down to 105.1 from what I see but expecting it to go back to 106.0 soon as I expect Holding, ESM, KDB and Cancelo to raise soon.

DannyDash

I see your point but Chilwell at 5.6 is different then having him at 6.2, a defender over 6 has to be consistent

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I see your point but Chilwell at 5.6 is different then having him at 6.2, a defender over 6 has to be consistent
If its stopping you getting inform players then yeah it's a barrier. But I have a different approach to defence, I don't have any over the value of 5m :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I've WC'ed but I'm really torn between setting a team up for a tasty triple bench or a TC for the double GW.

KDB vs Palace and Villa is as good as they come but you never know.

Also, is Grealish for Saka + upgrading Mitchell to Stones madness? Villa dont have a great run of fixtures ahead

saivet

I only had 4 players for GW18 so activated my free hit already.

My current team is:
Ederson
Yedlin, Holding, Targett
KDB (v), Son, Bruno (c), Rashford, Smith-Rowe
Wilson, Kane​

Subs: Brewster, Holgate, Mitchell

I'll replace Ederson if Pep doesn't confirm he is available before the deadline and I will probably make a few other tweaks based on any news or suggestions.

Raredaredevil

This is the wild card I used for the 2020, the first half of the season to revamp this team.

Pope

Dier, Robertson, Justin, Dallas, Dias

Son (vice-captain), Fernandes, Salah (captain), Ward-Prowse

Bamford

Bench: Johnstone, McTominay, Nketiah, Callum Robinson

I thought this team would turn out well, turns out it's been a horrible gameweek with only 35 points. I need Salah and Robertson to step up tonight or it's going to be my lowest total points haul for this season.

Should I swap out Salah for KDB? Annoyed I have had KDB for 3 gameweeks in a row and he blanked and he just scored yesterday. City has some very winnable games coming up but you can never rule out Salah, he's the king of fantasy football and almost always guarantee goals whereas KDB rarely scores.

Tarrou

Plenty of people.
We had quite a thrashing over it on the page or so before.
ah fair enough, I'll take a look

I haven't been following because I was planning on free-hitting, but might have had to change strategy last minute because I'm an idiot who didn't read the rules

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I have about 7 players playing in gameweek 18. I'm tempted to just take a -4 hit and do two transfers. Given that one of them is Brewster as well - I'm not wholly confident that he'll start or play anyway.

I also feel it's a risk using free hit when all teams might rotate again. I'd hate to use it and then see two or three of the players not starting anyway.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
ah fair enough, I'll take a look

I haven't been following because I was planning on free-hitting, but might have had to change strategy last minute because I'm an idiot who didn't read the rules

:lol:

But yeah basic gist is it's tough to get KDB in if you're not using the FH as it'd mean sacrificing someone who you need in week 18 - Bruno/Son/Kane/Grealish etc.

So if you take it as a two week body of work, KDB plays 3 games versus Salah's 2 and all at home. Salah has 2 home games but one against us which is bound to be tough.
Usual disclaimers that KDB may not play all 3 etc. But almost guaranteed not to play in their FA cup game so that could count as the break.

Worthwhile holding off on any transfers until we're the other side of both the league cup semis and the FA cup games though! Would be madness to make any transfers before those.

Dan_F

I have about 7 players playing in gameweek 18. I'm tempted to just take a -4 hit and do two transfers. Given that one of them is Brewster as well - I'm not wholly confident that he'll start or play anyway.

I also feel it's a risk using free hit when all teams might rotate again. I'd hate to use it and then see two or three of the players not starting anyway.
I’m free hitting but not taking any risks for that reason. For example I’m doing Dias over Stones, and Tierney over Holding. The plus side is I’d imagine most managers will rotate over the FA cup weekend.

I’d usually only have one playing sub to save cash, but I going to have at least two.

RedDevil@84

But if you need a different set of players for GW19, you would need to transfer those back in as well. So another -4 is likely.. Right?

Neo_Mufc

Is there any benefit to hitting the FH chip now? I mean price rises ain't really gonna help that much in 1 week will it.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Is there any benefit to hitting the FH chip now? I mean price rises ain't really gonna help that much in 1 week will it.
The only benefit to activating it early is catching price rises. If the PL is suspended again you'll lose it though. I'm wildcarding either way so not fussed.

Sarni

Had to do my moves early as many of my players would have gone down in price, and many of the ones I wanted to acquire were going up. Got myself:

Leno Forster
Cancelo Cresswell Dallas Holding Targett
Salah KDB Bruno Grealish ESM
Kane Watkins Bamford

A bit boring but considering other teams in my league that should allow me to catch everyone within next few games as I’m neutralizing all their threats and have much deeper team otherwise. With 1 transfer in between I will have 10 players featuring in GW18 and 11 doubles in GW19. Would like a second United player in there but have frankly no idea how to integrate anyone other than Shaw in for Dallas though I do prefer Dallas for DGW.

Paul_Scholes18

Is Tierney worth it longer term? Thinking getting either him or Holding.

Still do not trust Arsenal keeping up the form.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Hoping for some big Fraser Forster points on the bench. 0-0 would do nicely.

Dan_F

No Che Adams as predicted. Lovely 11 points from Soucek off the bench, but I’m sure there will be quite a few others in the same position.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
fecking hell that lucky rival of mine has yet again got Soucek points off the bench. He's got every Soucek goal from the bench :mad:

Paul_Scholes18

fecking hell that lucky rival of mine has yet again got Soucek points off the bench. He's got every Soucek goal from the bench :mad:
It is skill to have a strong bench mate! I don't know what players he got so he always get those points?

Adams now I guess? Soucek got like 4-5 goals right? Getting them all sounds insane!

Mcking

Liverpool are playing without centre backs. A cleansheet, and Robertson could take the three bonus.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Need Robertson to concede. That's the priority tonight.
Not really expecting Southampton to score though - let alone hold them out.