Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Paul_Scholes18

Ok calm down mate. They're still top!
They are, but they have looked really poor this season. At least way worse than past years.
Some lucky points and results is why they are top.

They have maybe two good performances. Palace and Leicester to be fair. Maybe Wolves, but they got gifted the first goal that game.

Salah looked good pre Covid, but not looked the same since that I think.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Neto + Martial + 1.0m for upgrades elsewhere or Rashford + Watkins?

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Neto + Martial + 1.0m for upgrades elsewhere or Rashford + Watkins?
I really wish I could sneak in Martial without a hit! Martial + Saka would be mine picks don't fancy Watkins vs Spurs or Neto in general.

RedDevil@84

63 points. It could have been lot worse if Bruno did not do well. It could have been loads better if Salah played very well.

Anyways, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter much. I have a healthy lead in my mini-league.

RedDevil@84

My FPL opponent shows a sub from his bench pulled into the team. Mine doesn't. Am I missing something?
As it stands, I lose by a point

Sarni

I really wish I could sneak in Martial without a hit! Martial + Saka would be mine picks don't fancy Watkins vs Spurs or Neto in general.
If I do Neto + Martial I can have Saka in for Smith-Rowe. Essentially can do:

Martinez Fabianski
Cancelo Cresswell Tierney Wan-Bissaka Dallas
KDB Bruno Grealish Neto Saka
Kane Martial Bamford

or

Martinez Fabianski
KDB Bruno Rashford Grealish Smith-Rowe
Kane Watkins Bamford

The downside of the first one is Neto has only one game in GW19 compared to Watkins two. On the other hand one of Watkins games is City away so he probably won’t score there anyway, and Neto is home to West Brom so could haul. Will Martial not be rotated with Cavani though?

El-Manos

If I do Neto + Martial I can have Saka in for Smith-Rowe. Essentially can do:

Martinez Fabianski
KDB Bruno Grealish Neto Saka
Kane Martial Bamford

or

Martinez Fabianski
KDB Bruno Rashford Grealish Smith-Rowe
Kane Watkins Bamford

The downside of the first one is Neto has only one game in GW19 compared to Watkins two. On the other hand one of Watkins games is City away so he probably won’t score there anyway, and Neto is home to West Brom so could haul. Will Martial not be rotated with Cavani though?
Cavani is banned for 2 more games.

Sarni

Cavani is banned for 2 more games.
Yeah but cup games will cover that.

I am leaning toward the second one anyway. Really want Saka in there as ESM will be a rotation risk anyway. I can swap Neto out for someone with double on 19 eg Raphinha or Soucek though with West Brom fixture at home I would probably keep him anyway.

After GW19 I will start exiting my deep team strategy which will open up some significant funds for upgrades too. May go back to Salah at some point but feels relieving to not have him now, at least it will make things more interesting as my team will only have 3-4 players also owned by people above me.

United’s fixtures until GW25 look awesome. I may want to get Zaha in for Neto too as Palace seem to have some great games coming and he’s always capable of getting a haul.

Tarrou

I've gambled and done KDB to Salah already. I can't afford the 0.2 swing that will happen prior to the next GW. Maybe 0.3.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
My best week yet. 89, and that's with a Rashford 2 pointer and City conceding in the last minute.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
yeah! haha

I like this transfer, it has the added benefit of now not wanting that scouse cnut to score

edit: I reckon I'll triple him in GW19
Also taken this gamble. Also thinking about the TC. Although saving it for a better Bruno double is playing on my mind

Dan_F

I've gambled and done KDB to Salah already. I can't afford the 0.2 swing that will happen prior to the next GW. Maybe 0.3.
Yeah it’s pretty annoying when you’re using the free hit, as I’m making that transfer before 19, but there’s nothing I can do about it now, just have to watch the prices rise and fall.

Cut the lead to 18 points in my mini league, it was up at 50 around 7 weeks ago after a shocking start. I know he’s not using free hit next week, so I expect to have a lead by the time 19 finishes :rolleyes:

ROFLUTION

Does all the free-hitters transfering Salah out and Kdb in count within the mechanisms that makes the prices rise and fall?

troylocker

Finally this horrible GW came to an end. 56 points (48 effective with hits). Hopefully I can make up for that in the next couple of rounds. Spent the FH-chips for GW18 and will take a hit to maximize the squad for GW19 and use the BB-chip there.

Edit: Out of the cup too against a team with 200 points less....Pfffff!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Does all the free-hitters transfering Salah out and Kdb in count within the mechanisms that makes the prices rise and fall?
In what respect? If you're free hitting the only thing that matters is the price of the people you want to bring in. Everyone you transferred out will be back the week after regardless of what their price does.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
That free hit is so much pain. I am 2-4 players short. (Who knows will Taylor and Mitchell will play). I want to save it but again i want to stay in the cup. Cup is so much fun.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I won my cup tie by 1 point and my head to head in my league by 2 points.

Cornish

I'm planning on doing Salah->KDB for GW18 and then Grealish->Salah GW19.
When do you think is the best time to do the Salah to KDB transfer?
I've got just the right amount of money to enable me to do these providing the prices stay the same.

However if I do the Salah->KDB transfer now and then Grealish drops before I can do the Grealish->Salah transfer for GW19 then I'm stuffed!

I'm presuming it's more likely for KDB to rise in price and Salah to go down this week however with the FA cup and league cup games before the next game week I'm reluctant to do the move to KDB just yet incase of injuries/suspensions etc.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm planning on doing Salah->KDB for GW18 and then Grealish->Salah GW19.
When do you think is the best time to do the Salah to KDB transfer?
I've got just the right amount of money to enable me to do these providing the prices stay the same.

However if I do the Salah->KDB transfer now and then Grealish drops before I can do the Grealish->Salah transfer for GW19 then I'm stuffed!

I'm presuming it's more likely for KDB to rise in price and Salah to go down this week however with the FA cup and league cup games before the next game week I'm reluctant to do the move to KDB just yet incase of injuries/suspensions etc.
Dangerous knife edge there.
Grealish is something like 5m cheaper than Salah isn't he. So you've had a stash of 4m or so pre Salah to Kdb?

Grealish will have a double in week 19 himself(pending no silly booking week 18)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That free hit is so much pain. I am 2-4 players short. (Who knows will Taylor and Mitchell will play). I want to save it but again i want to stay in the cup. Cup is so much fun.
The cup shouldn't guide you as there's still about 20 rounds!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Dias is fairly nailed isn't he. Not to say he won't get a rest at some point but so might Tierney.

Cup opponents are out (if you care). Looks like I've got a dead team with Werner captain and Bruno vice. Shiiiit.

He's got 8 players by looks of it - Pickford, Shaw, Gabriel, Tierney, Bruno, Grealish, Zaha, Wilson. I'll probably only have Bruno from that lot. :nervous:

I'll put him up against - Martinez, AWB, Dias (or Cancelo), Stones, Bruno, Son, KDB, Rashford, Watkins, Lacazette

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I got knocked out of the cup because Robertson got a yellow. First time bowing out so early.