Fantasy Premier League 20/21

TheGame

How are people handling the next gameweek as there seems to be a limited number of teams playing but some teams have 2 games in the following matchweek. Not sure if worth making lots of transfers for one week?

Nickosaur

This free hit is very boring. Chip activated, squad pretty much sorted and have about 10 days to dwell on it being powerless to deal with price rise/falls of my main squad. I'm going to get so much other work done
Haha same position mate. I'm fretting as I know the players I want to get in for DGW19 will definitely be rising, but nothing I can do about it now!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Dias is fairly nailed isn't he. Not to say he won't get a rest at some point but so might Tierney.

Cup opponents are out (if you care). Looks like I've got a dead team with Werner captain and Bruno vice. Shiiiit.

He's got 8 players by looks of it - Pickford, Shaw, Gabriel, Tierney, Bruno, Grealish, Zaha, Wilson. I'll probably only have Bruno from that lot. :nervous:

I'll put him up against - Martinez, AWB, Dias (or Cancelo), Stones, Bruno, Son, KDB, Rashford, Watkins, Lacazette
Next gw is in 8 days. Oppo can FH in last moment. Or take a hit for transfer.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
How are people handling the next gameweek as there seems to be a limited number of teams playing but some teams have 2 games in the following matchweek. Not sure if worth making lots of transfers for one week?
I'm wildcarding as detailed a few posts back.

A lot seem to be using Free Hit and some are just muddling through with 7/8 players.

There's no set way to get through it. It's entirely team and squad dependent. I was set on FH for 18 but when the United game was added to it and City/Villa were given doubles in 19 I had a rethink on strategy.

Question for me now is BB or TC in 19. Will a KDB TC outscore a bench of Johnstone, Dallas, Coufal, Soucek? And with players like Smith Rowe and Mitchell seemingly back on the menu as enablers that would allow me to put more money into my first 11.

Cornish

Dangerous knife edge there.
Grealish is something like 5m cheaper than Salah isn't he. So you've had a stash of 4m or so pre Salah to Kdb?

Grealish will have a double in week 19 himself(pending no silly booking week 18)
Yeah I did 2 transfers last week to enable me enough to do the Grealish->KDB transfer. I'm behind in all of my leagues so need a differential and nobody else has him (whereas we all currently have Grealish) so going to gamble to try to catch up.

I could just do the Grealish->KDB transfer now but that will mean I'm 1 player short in week 18 and seems a bit of a waste, but like you said it's a dangerous knife edge!

Nickosaur

A lot seem to be using Free Hit and some are just muddling through with 7/8 players.

There's no set way to get through it. It's entirely team and squad dependent. I was set on FH for 18 but when the United game was added to it and City/Villa were given doubles in 19 I had a rethink on strategy.

Question for me now is BB or TC in 19. Will a KDB TC outscore a bench of Johnstone, Dallas, Coufal, Soucek? And with players like Smith Rowe and Mitchell seemingly back on the menu as enablers that would allow me to put more money into my first 11.
Not for me. That's a very good bench considering Leeds and West Ham's fixtures.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Haha same position mate. I'm fretting as I know the players I want to get in for DGW19 will definitely be rising, but nothing I can do about it now!
Yep, powerless, and in my case drops like DCL to deal with. I feel like the whole thing is going to be a massive waste. Should have worked towards having 8 players instead for this BGW18, and a transfer or 2 to give me 11 for DGW19.

luck&neat

Anyone think Forster could keep his place? Could be the difference between me playing BB in 19
McCarthy has Covid so there's a decent chance he'll be back for the 16th (assuming he doesn't suffer with it).

TheGame

Thanks, I think I will be aiming for a TC in 19 as with the right player and 2 games, it could lead to a good score. Although as someone said above, you have a great bench.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Lindelof coming back makes me wonder if I should have Bailly.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Also is anyone actually considering a madness of taking out Salah? I am contemplating him out, Son in and having a good 3m to upgrade elsewhere. Brewster can turn into Antonio for example and I can field Bamford, Wilson and Antonio as a front 3.

Salah has a tasty fixture vs Burnley but aside from that it's not great all the way until GW 26 with just Brighton looking easy until then.

Spark

Also is anyone actually considering a madness of taking out Salah? I am contemplating him out, Son in and having a good 3m to upgrade elsewhere. Brewster can turn into Antonio for example and I can field Bamford, Wilson and Antonio as a front 3.

Salah has a tasty fixture vs Burnley but aside from that it's not great all the way until GW 26 with just Brighton looking easy until then.
Fantasy football is so mental that my rationale for keeping Salah is that he won't perform for as long as I captain him.

My other totally rational United supporting mate took him out three weeks ago and has been absolutely storming up the leagues.

I'm keeping him in.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

He's gone from mine. Question is do I want him back for 19 and you make some good points as to why not.

Stones & Salah & Rodrigo

or

Cancelo & Son/Rashford & Lacazette/Ings

second looks stronger to me.

United58

Martínez - (Martin)

Dias - Tierney - Fernández - (Douglas) - (Davis)

Fernandes - Son - De Bruyne - Zaha - Grealish

Kane - Wilson - (David)​

Free Hit team, thoughts? I'm tempted to change De Bruyne for Rashford

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Martínez - (Martin)

Kane - Wilson - (David)​

Free Hit team, thoughts? I'm tempted to change De Bruyne for Grealish
You have Both don't you?!

Nickosaur

Bit worried I've hit free hit too early, if games get cancelled next week it will be a huge waste.

Mcking

Martínez - (Martin)

Kane - Wilson - (David)​

Free Hit team, thoughts? I'm tempted to change De Bruyne for Rashford
Maybe go for a good bench, and no more than three players per match. You have a non-playing bench and five players from the Tottenham-Villa game for example. If it gets postponed, then you'd have wasted the chip.

United58

Swap out De Bruyne? When most of the country is moistening their pants at how to get him in?!
Free Hit so it's a one off. We're in good form atm and Rashford's pretty hot. Now I'll probably keep De Bruyne anyway

Maybe go for a good bench, and no more than three players per match. You have a non-playing bench and five players from the Tottenham-Villa game for example. If it gets postponed, then you'd have wasted the chip.
Good call, thanks; I was looking at swapping out Martínez for the week anyway

Skåre Willoch

How many players are putting out? I’m on 8, a pretty strong 8, and I think I’m going to sit on my FH for a rainy day. But am really not sure.
I have 11 players (or 10,depending on whether or not Brewster even counts) in the blank, and 7 or so players in the double.

Ya I decided against it. Dias or Tierney for James ?
I’d go for Dias I think, City are starting to click and have the best schedule of all.

El-Manos

I have 11 players (or 10,depending on whether or not Brewster even counts) in the blank, and 7 or so players in the double.

I’d go for Dias I think, City are starting to click and have the best schedule of all.
Went for Dias in the end alright.

Tarrou

I currently have 9 players playing in GW18

my thinking is its worth a hit or two to get more players if

A it improves my squad for the long term

B they have a decent chance of a return in 18

C they have a double in 19

Looking at Dias and/or Grealish

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I thought I'll take a couple of hits and get my team to seven for GW18... Then realised Bissouma is suspended so two hits will only get me to six players. I have no choice but to free hit...

Leonzo1

Why are people free hitting this early? The GW is still a few days a way and the Covid situation is a tricky one. What's the upside for this?
Also, if I make a transfer now and then free hit will I get the player I bring in for next game week? Or will all my transfers of this week will be reseted?