Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Tarrou

I was thinking bench boost, but maybe shall save that?
No idea when I get a better moment for it though.

Without the wildcard it will be hard to set up a team for another bench boost. Although with Covid who knows when we are safe?

Pope over Martinez is worth it short term I think even with hard games, but I don't want such an expensive keeper long term.
BB in a DGW the week after your WC is the ideal time usually

but it will be hard to maximise doubles with so few fixtures in GW18, so I'm not sure

Paul_Scholes18

BB in a DGW the week after your WC is the ideal time usually

but it will be hard to maximise doubles with so few fixtures in GW18, so I'm not sure
My plan was to go with 3 City, 2-3 Villa, 2-3 United. Then build it around them.
Like Son could be in the team as could Lacazette/Kane, Tierney, maybe Wilson.

For doubles in 19 I have Bamford, Soucek, Cresswell as the core players I really want.

Then trade in Vardy, Salah potentially if I want them.

Raredaredevil

I'll swap Salah out for KDB seeing as City has got themselves back in form and they have a nice set of fixtures coming up.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Looking like Spurs-Villa might get cancelled, but we won't know for a few days I guess?

I can see myself rapidly losing interest if this and another game or two gets cancelled. I'd nearly have given up already if I wasn't close enough to the top of a league with a decent prize for the winner. It's tough enough trying to work around these half- and then double-gameweeks, without cancelled fixtures being thrown in.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Looking like Spurs-Villa might get cancelled, but we won't know for a few days I guess?

I can see myself rapidly losing interest if this and another game or two gets cancelled. I'd nearly have given up already if I wasn't close enough to the top of a league with a decent prize for the winner. It's tough enough trying to work around these half- and then double-gameweeks, without cancelled fixtures being thrown in.
Yeah agree. You can't plan anything at all now, only react. Games are being pulled so late that you can't even react half the time either as you've already set your team. I know it's the same for everyone but it certainly kills the fun for me.

Dan_F

How can Villa play in the FA cup, but not play in the Premier League. I’ve already played the free hit, so I’m basically just forgetting about it until the day before. I’ll probably not be able to use the bench boost now for the double, as I have Grealish and Martinez.

K Stand Knut

Would be good if the organisers of the Premier League (not FPL) came out and made a comment on all these cases.

they stated at the start of the season that teams would have to fulfil fixtures before city were allowed to postpone a game on their say so.

if they just came out and said that games will be on until they say so, it’d make things a bit simpler.

Someone is right though, if they play the FA Cup game, surely they can’t refuse to play the league game

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
How can Villa play in the FA cup, but not play in the Premier League.
They're playing the kids against Liverpool (I get Klopp won't complain about that) so it's strange their EPL game is off...

Yeah agree. You can't plan anything at all now, only react. Games are being pulled so late that you can't even react half the time either as you've already set your team. I know it's the same for everyone but it certainly kills the fun for me.
I know it's the same for everyone and not much can be done but for this season, it would be nice to have maybe 2 free transfers per week...

ROFLUTION

Definitely not subbing out early in the future, to compensate for late changes in fixture.

Eurgh, if Spurs - Villa is cancelled I lose out 5 players and already used Free Hit

Nickosaur

If Spurs and Villa is cancelled, probably benefits us Free Hitters? As I imagine lots of people have Kane, Son, Grealish, Martinez etc. Only if they announce the postponement before the deadline of course...

Could get a really interesting FH team if it is off. Kane and Son take up a lot of value.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Get a grip you wimps. Chaos is a ladder.
100%. Individual bits of disruption can go against you but extended general disruption is something better players should be better at taking advantage of, because they'll be more on top of the information and better able to adjust what they're doing. Crisitunity.

Nickosaur

100%. Individual bits of disruption can go against you but extended general disruption is something better players should be better at taking advantage of, because they'll be more on top of the information and better able to adjust what they're doing. Crisitunity.
Hmm, yes and no. I would imagine experienced players are better at long term planning? This season is showing that any planning can be thrown out the window.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
If spurs villa is cancelled I'll have to definitely play my free hit. I was only planning to have Son from that game anyway as I feel it will be tight.

saivet

If Spurs and Villa is cancelled, probably benefits us Free Hitters? As I imagine lots of people have Kane, Son, Grealish, Martinez etc. Only if they announce the postponement before the deadline of course...

Could get a really interesting FH team if it is off. Kane and Son take up a lot of value.
I think so, I only have 5 player playing in my actual team and one of those is an injury doubt with a bad fixture (Taylor). If the Spurs - Villa game is called off, without my fee hit, I'd be left with with just Bruno and Taylor. I'm now considering taking out one of Kane or Son anyway just in case the game is called off so that I'm covered.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'm quite keen on putting a restriction of 2 players per team going forward, though the teams that are having their games cancelled will catch up at some point and that's when their assets will become super valuable. Remember Tottenham have a Fulham home game in hand already.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Get a grip you wimps. Chaos is a ladder.
Yep. Had someone in my league mail me asking me to freeze the league cos he lost a few players on his free hit.

I looked and he ha triple defence away at Everton! Hardly a bloody given for a points fest!

I said to him I lost triple Tottenham home to Fulham - the same combo got 44 points the next game so that's a bigger hard luck story. But again - it's part of the game!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If spurs villa is cancelled I'll have to definitely play my free hit. I was only planning to have Son from that game anyway as I feel it will be tight.
I had a max of 9 with 2 injury doubts. And 5 of my definites are in that game!

So it'd be 100% a free hit as long as no other games are called off.

3 City. 3 United. 2-3 Arsenal and it's still a decent week.

Some people were trying to suggest it's all Burnley/dross teams to pick from.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Hmm, yes and no. I would imagine experienced players are better at long term planning? This season is showing that any planning can be thrown out the window.
You can still still benefit from that type of planning I think, you just have to take the potential disruption into account too and make good decisions around it. For example, maybe opting to switch from away from any BBGW19 plan because of the disruption, in the knowledge that you can switch to a BBGW26 instead when the potential for covid disruption should be lessened. Which would then mean being aware of the implications that could have for how best to use your other chips but also being aware that you can now use your bench in a different way for GW19 as a result. Maybe knowing that -4s for City and United players are particularly justified this week because of how they're set for following weeks, which means perhaps not needing to spend your fh this week even as others reflexively do in response to the blanks.

Plus avoiding traps like early transfers and captaining & vice-captaining players in the same game that will definitely catch some people out. Hell, there will be a lot of people who won't even know which games aren't on until they see the players missing from their team, so even that level of awareness is an advantage.

Plus so much now depends on your own team's particular circumstances, which keep changing regularly. Whether you currently have 4 or 8 players for GW18 could change your entire chip strategy for the season. Which is good news for people who think for themselves and bad news for people who want a copy-and-paste plan to navigate blanks and doubles.

Bring the chaos, I say.

Last edited:

Neo_Mufc

After having a terrible season so far I've decided to just play risky now and look for sensible differentials. Can't be bothered with templates any more.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I guess if Spurs v Villa is definitely off I'm 50/50 between FH and wildcard...

FH I would obvs get out a full 11...

De Gea

Tierney Cancelo Saiss

KDB Sterling Rashford Bruno Saka

Lacazette Wilson

vs....

Blank

Cencelo Stones AWB

KDB Rashford Bruno Blank Blank

Lacazette Blank

Realistically I need to guestimate the points difference between those 2 sides and also weigh in the fact that I strongly dislike the squad I'd be going back to (No City and only Bruno from United).

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Hence why if I free hit next week, I will be loading up on the earlier fixtures and not leaving games like Palace/Arsenal to chance.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's sort of exciting in a horrible way isn't it :)

I have no idea if i'll be cranking out a free hit, a wild card to bench boost next week, or trying to weasel through with 3 transfers (one hit).

Canuckred64

I was in great shape before the Villa outbreak. Complete starting 11 for this gameweek and two free transfers next week which would have given me 7 double gamers and was planning to use the bench boost as well. I had been planing this for weeks and now with 5 players between Villa and Spurs my next two game weeks are filled with questions.

Paul_Scholes18

What is peoples opinion about Smith Rowe? Perfect enabler on my wildcard. Him and Soucek free so much money and are both good picks to rotate with.

Dan_F

What is peoples opinion about Smith Rowe? Perfect enabler on my wildcard. Him and Soucek free so much money and are both good picks to rotate with.
I don’t know, I’m stuck on Arsenal players. I’m definitely going with at least Tierney on my free hit, but I don’t trust them at all. Even as first off the bench I’d be worried.

Paul_Scholes18

I don’t know, I’m stuck on Arsenal players. I’m definitely going with at least Tierney on my free hit, but I don’t trust them at all. Even as first off the bench I’d be worried.
No Palace can easily beat them and Smith Rowe is probably not very nailed. Thinking Neto instead maybe for slightly more.

One week punt on Lacazette that then turns into Vardy I think unless Vardy is out for the double.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No Palace can easily beat them and Smith Rowe is probably not very nailed. Thinking Neto instead maybe for slightly more.

One week punt on Lacazette that then turns into Vardy I think unless Vardy is out for the double.
I had a quick look at a potential midfield and came up with

De Bruyne, Sterling, Bruno, Rashy, Neto

Decent keeper, Dias, Tierney,Holding, and Wilson (away to sheff utd
)and a similar level striker up front.

Brewster and two cheapo bench defenders to facilitate.

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
Is it worth as of now trading salah for kdb for the double game week if I bench boost, compared to getting in a playing second gk? I will have 1 ft after this next weeks free hit

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I had a quick look at a potential midfield and came up with

De Bruyne, Sterling, Bruno, Rashy, Neto

Decent keeper, Dias, Tierney,Holding, and Wilson (away to sheff utd
)and a similar level striker up front.

Brewster and two cheapo bench defenders to facilitate.
I might be going for similar midfield but with Grealish instead of Neto. Then attack of Wilson, Antonio and Bamford and a defence of Cancello, Tierney, Cresswell, Dallas.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I might be going for similar midfield but with Grealish instead of Neto. Then attack of Wilson, Antonio and Bamford and a defence of Cancello, Tierney, Cresswell, Dallas.
Talking about a free hit just for week 18 rather than a wildcard to take us beyond that.

Villa v Tottenham being odds on to be called off casts a big doubt on Grealish playing a double in week 19.

I may still weigh up a wildcard to take me through 18 & 19...but it's all going to be a last min job when more info is clear.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Why would Villa games be cancelled after they played yesterday? Makes no sense.

Canuckred64

Why would Villa games be cancelled after they played yesterday? Makes no sense.
Villa won't want to play the same side agaisnt Spurs in the league that they did agaisnt Liverpool in the cup. They likely value the league more and with 10 first team players testing positive, I imagine they will ask for a postponement. Since the Premier has already allowed other teams to postpone games due to Covid, they will have to do the same for Villa if asked.

Paul_Scholes18

Talking about a free hit just for week 18 rather than a wildcard to take us beyond that.

Villa v Tottenham being odds on to be called off casts a big doubt on Grealish playing a double in week 19.

I may still weigh up a wildcard to take me through 18 & 19...but it's all going to be a last min job when more info is clear.
I was stupid to build for the wildcard. Should have opened up for free hit instead. Just my team lacked double gameweek players due to injuries.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I was stupid to build for the wildcard. Should have opened up for free hit instead. Just my team lacked double gameweek players due to injuries.
The problem now is that if the plan was to use 2-3 transfers to bring week 19 players in to boost your week 18 lineup - then you can't now do that if you've got a lot of Villa & Tottenham.

So maybe the wildcard this week can still cover both 18&19 and give a good chance of a bench boost - bearing in mind the game weeks run from midweek next week through to the next midweek. A mere 10 days.
With Villa having a big risk of not only having their week 18 game off - but also the first game of week 19 surely being a risk - it might be better to lose their players entirely to try and maximise the 2 game weeks.

Clearly the massive con is that any team can suddenly have a breakout with tiny warning.

However you'd still have afree hit to try and deal with big doubles later on.

But FH and dealing with week 19 as best as possible still might be the better way - as you'd at least be able to field 11 for 19 still.

Paul_Scholes18

The problem now is that if the plan was to use 2-3 transfers to bring week 19 players in to boost your week 18 lineup - then you can't now do that if you've got a lot of Villa & Tottenham.

So maybe the wildcard this week can still cover both 18&19 and give a good chance of a bench boost - bearing in mind the game weeks run from midweek next week through to the next midweek. A mere 10 days.
With Villa having a big risk of not only having their week 18 game off - but also the first game of week 19 surely being a risk - it might be better to lose their players entirely to try and maximise the 2 game weeks.

Clearly the massive con is that any team can suddenly have a breakout with tiny warning.

However you'd still have afree hit to try and deal with big doubles later on.

But FH and dealing with week 19 as best as possible still might be the better way - as you'd at least be able to field 11 for 19 still.
My plan was to wildcard for bench boost. Now it looks really hard to do. Particular with no Villa for 18. To replace Martinez is very hard and only Pope makes sense with 3 games.

Probably best to save bench boost and aim for high scores in the weeks to come.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
My plan was to wildcard for bench boost. Now it looks really hard to do. Particular with no Villa for 18. To replace Martinez is very hard and only Pope makes sense with 3 games.

Probably best to save bench boost and aim for high scores in the weeks to come.
Will there be a game week with as many of the big boys playing though?

Triple captain on De Bruyne week 19 could be worth a shot?

But yes it's all leave until the very last minute. They haven't even declared Tottenham v Villa off yet which is madness as everyone knows that'll be off.