Fantasy Premier League 20/21

K Stand Knut

Ah, bugger. There goes my (lucky) plans to not use a single chip in GW18/19. I think I'll have to use FH now, but then I also lose my rolled transfer. Feck.
Same.

Had ten outfield players but no keeper playing and was reasonably happy that I’d score ok but not brilliantly without using a chip.

Now down to 8 and I’ve seen a few ideas of teams for a FH use but the person I’m playing in my cup game hasn’t touched his team all season so I’m half tempted to leave it as it is and just be happy with progress in the cup.

Decisions, decisions

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I was prepared to play with 1-2 short but cancellations and injuries have forced my hand. This is what I'm looking at having decided to play my free hit.

GK: De Gea

Def: Dier, Dias, Saiss &Tierney

Mid: De Bruyne, Bruno (c), Saka & Neto

Forwards: Kane & Lacazette.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I WC'ed now thinking of dumping Salah (+ Brewster) for Son + Antonio. On paper I like that more but getting rid of Salah seems crazy

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Already have the big hitters this week but can’t field a full 11, not sure it’s worth using the FT on players that will most likely get 2 pointers.

saivet

Btw; who will start? Martial or Cavani? I am thinking that Cavani maybe will start tomorrow
I wouldn't be surprised if they both start to be honest. With doubts over Pogba, I could see us playing Martial, Cavani, Rashford and Bruno.

GledTheRed

do you only have 6 players playing in total??

If not, I’d be well happy with 6 from those teams and other players to make up numbers.

Spurs, city and United have winnable games that could potentially have high scores.
I did have a full team bit now no Grealish, Martinez, DCL and Charlie Taylor a doubt.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I wouldn't be surprised if they both start to be honest. With doubts over Pogba, I could see us playing Martial, Cavani, Rashford and Bruno.
I am going for Cavani. feck it. He is cheaper. Having said that; Martial will start and score

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Why some of you avoid FH? Sure, that is useful stuff later but if you are left with 7,8 players now then it is surely good move to use it? Or not?
Issue for me is that the following GW is a big DGW and I currently only have 6 DGW players (plus Taylor/Grealish but they may end up not playing because of injury/covid outbreak). If I FH now I'll still have the same DGW players and only 1 FT ahead of the DGW. But if I take a -8 to bring in United/City players I can get 10-11 players this week, have 10-11 DGW players next week and also save the FH for later.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I am thinking:

Areola Johnstone
Cancelo Tierney Cresswell Dier Dallas
KDB Bruno Rashford Grealish Saka
Kane Wilson Bamford

It’s all right for tomorrow and then includes 10 doubles for GW19, which can become singles quite easily though with Villa, City, Southampton and Leeds doubles in a doubt.

Canuckred64

Frustrating, but understandable that Villa are not playing. I had my team set up for the next two gameweeks, now wondering whether to use a chip this week or just go with 9 players this week and use my bench boost bext week when I have a full team.

Macedonian Red

I have 2 available transfers for this gameweek and now I will use free hit. My question is will i have still 2 available transfers for next gameweek?

Nickosaur

Now thinking of this for FH team...

Lloris
Cancelo / Dias / Holding / Saiss
KDB (C) / Fernandes / Rashford / Son / Saka
Kane

3x City, 3x Spurs, 2x United, 2x Arse, 1x Wolves.
Wouldn't have put in a Wolves defender but with DCL out, clean sheet more likely.

Or.... I could downgrade Dias to Stones, and play Wilson instead of Saka. My rival in ML has Saka though so tempted to go with him to nullify any points he might get.

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

This is chaos. On a wildcard so can easily react.

Think I am going with 3 Spurs players, but going to sell Kane/Son for the double.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This is chaos. On a wildcard so can easily react.

Think I am going with 3 Spurs players, but going to sell Kane/Son for the double.
Remember that they have Sheff Utd (2 points from 17 games) in their week 19 fixture though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok mates I have this potential set of week 18s now that Grealish & Watkins are ruled out.

5 key players Son, Bruno, Kane, Dier, Dias
2 doubtful players Taylor and Lamptey

Would people FH with this? Or try and do something with my 2 free transfers, potentially using 3 for a -4?

Haven't ruled out a wildcard instead but i currently have 9 double game weekers and you suspect these people talking 10+ doublers will find that they don't get anywhere near that amount playing twice.

I have this slight nag that putting a very strong FH/Wildcard team out could be a game changer - worth 30-40points more.

Paul_Scholes18

Remember that they have Sheff Utd (2 points from 17 games) in their week 19 fixture though.
Still think I rather have Salah/Vardy/Rashford with two games though.

I could make other changes and bench boost possibly even with Kane and Son, but I feel Covid and all the minor injuries makes it hard.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Ok mates I have this potential set of week 18s now that Grealish & Watkins are ruled out.

5 key players Son, Bruno, Kane, Dier, Dias
2 doubtful players Taylor and Lamptey

Would people FH with this? Or try and do something with my 2 free transfers, potentially using 3 for a -4?

Haven't ruled out a wildcard instead but i currently have 9 double game weekers and you suspect these people talking 10+ doublers will find that they don't get anywhere near that amount playing twice.

I have this slight nag that putting a very strong FH/Wildcard team out could be a game changer - worth 30-40points more.
Think I read that the dud Lamptey will miss another few weeks so he's useless.

Are some of the DGW players from Leeds/Saints? I'm hearing now that they could postpone that game to save the Shrewsbury cup game :lol:

Personally I hate early WCs in regular seasons, never mind in this clusterfeck of an edition. Yes there may be some short term gain but we aren't even at the halfway stage...

Neo_Mufc

I don't have Spurs assets and it's ruined me all season. Will it really make a difference if i go without for the blank?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Question to those saying NOT to use Free Hit.

If the intention is to have good players, against poor opposition, then United, City and Spurs play Burnley, Brighton and Fulham respectively.

So if you can get as many players from the 3 teams into a free hit (maybe 9), that's 9 players against weak opposition which should see good points?

So what's the reason NOT TO do it? Why wait until later in season? (potential double GWs?)

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Question to those saying NOT to use Free Hit.

If the intention is to have good players, against poor opposition, then United, City and Spurs play Burnley, Brighton and Fulham respectively.

So if you can get as many players from the 3 teams into a free hit (maybe 9), that's 9 players against weak opposition which should see good points?

So what's the reason NOT TO do it? Why wait until later in season? (potential double GWs?)
Imo i would save it for the next double, you can really amass a massive score in them.